It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China patrol ships enter Japan waters: Japan Coast Guard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Reuters) - Two Chinese patrol ships entered Japanese territorial waters near disputed islets claimed by both Beijing and Tokyo on Friday, Japan's Coast Guard said, marking the latest incident in a long-running dispute between China and Japan.

The Chinese ships have not followed the coast guard's order to go out of the territorial waters, a Japan coast guard official said.

Link
www.reuters.com...

This is a very scary situation,I hope that this will not continue
to escalate out of control!!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

I agree. Most nations over there are kinda part of the overall pack and might snap at each other. Nothing TOO serious.... but in the International sense of things, Japan and China are both Alpha types and capable of really getting stubborn. There are a lot of deep deep hard feelings running there from World War II as well. It's a bad thing to see those two nations with angry military anywhere near each other.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I swear I remember an article a couple days ago talking about China warning Japan about leaving their territorial waters / islets and if they didn't, that there would be consequences.

Funny to see both sides.

[looking for article]
edit on 13-9-2012 by QUANTUMGR4V17Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Lucky neither side fired here so far. China is risking a war by doing what they just did this could get a lot worse? hopefully not.
edit on 13-9-2012 by P12SOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here is another link
news.yahoo.com...

Bilateral ties were strained further on Tuesday when Japan, which controls the islands, said it had bought them from a private owner, ignoring warnings from China

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This might be the straw that broke the camels back,
China warned Japan not to purchase the disputed
islands and they went ahead and did so.
Now China has sent these ships in response,I don't
think either country will back down,i hope this
can be resolved in a peaceful way,but its not looking
very promising at this point,hopefully cooler heads
will prevail.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The refusal to leave is a serious escalation in this crisis. Will China back down? Will Japan do nothing i wonder.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
update, 6 ships from 2

China patrol ships enter Japan waters: Japan Coast Guard
TOKYO | Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:27pm EDT

www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/14/us-china-japan-islands-idUSBRE88C1LG20120914

TOKYO (Reuters) - Six Chinese patrol ships entered Japanese waters near disputed islands claimed by both Beijing and Tokyo on Friday, said Japan's Coast Guard, further heightening tensions in a long-running territorial dispute between Asia's two biggest economies.

The coast guard ordered the ships to leave Japan's territorial waters, but only two complied, leaving four Chinese vessels still in Japanese waters, the coast guard said.

No force had been used to remove the Chinese ships, a coast guard official said.

"We'll do our utmost in vigilance and surveillance," said Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda when asked about Japan's responses.

The islands, known as Senkaku in Japanese and Diaoyu in Chinese, are near potentially huge maritime gas and oil fields.

(...)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Typhoon Sanba wich is a cat 4 is on track for Okinawa
link
www.usno.navy.mil...

This might put a hold on things for a few days

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Here is a little more info on the situation

So far, Japanese border patrol ships have not taken any active measures against the Chinese vessels.

Japan has created a crisis headquarters in response to the incident. The Chinese Ambassador to Japan has been urgently summoned to a meeting with the Japanese Foreign Ministry

Here is the link
rt.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
China isgetting frisky in the western pacific these days........I think they feel emboldened by the moves the US has made in the last few years......With the Persian gulf choked with ships in confrntation mode, the heat is off Chinese expansionistic moves....They have decided to push it .....

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
:::plays Jaws theme music:::

Ruhn Roh Shaggy

top topics

join