It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, people of America, this not the behavior of our Islam | Libya

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
while I don't discount the sentiment, am I the only noticing the same signs being being held by different people in different pictures?

Yes, and most of them seem to use exactly the same type of paper, like that group got a bunch of paper from the exact same place and with the same size and texture. If I had to bet, I would assume those are the size of an A2. Common larger printing paper.

Also, they all seem to have been written with the same markers, blue and red.

The last thing I noticed is that it looks like a small group, and I wonder why they are all facing the same way and why you never get to see what they are looking at.
edit on 12-9-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

Yes, these crafty Libyans are using unknown protests materials never seen before! Markers? Poster board/paper? White paper?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Yes, these crafty Libyans are using unknown protests materials never seen before! Markers? Poster board/paper? White paper?

What is the motive behind your sarcasm? You want me to apologize for thinking out of the box? You want me to apologize for my brain picking up patterns? I raised questions, I'm not raining down on your parade. Remember what is the motto of the site in which you made this thread, please.

I do hope that this is genuine, I do hope the WHOLE WORLD becomes like this, where violent acts are condemn and peace is valuable. But we are not there yet, and propaganda has very crafty hands. Sometime, it slips and shows face.

I have doubts that a considerable group of people would gather for support, and they would all take paper from the same stock, instead of getting their own resources. If the point of origin of the paper and markers - as mundane and futile that might seem to your eyes - is the same, that could mean that the material was handed out to them, or in another words, this whole thing could be staged by someone.

Aren't people always assuming that dictators organize groups of people to show support, and supplying them with posters? So tell me, why the arrogance around my comments?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy

What is the motive behind your sarcasm? You want me to apologize for thinking out of the box? You want me to apologize for my brain picking up patterns? I raised questions, I'm not raining down on your parade. Remember what is the motto of the site in which you made this thread, please.

I do hope that this is genuine, I do hope the WHOLE WORLD becomes like this, where violent acts are condemn and peace is valuable. But we are not there yet, and propaganda has very crafty hands. Sometime, it slips and shows face.

I have doubts that a considerable group of people would gather for support, and they would all take paper from the same stock, instead of getting their own resources. If the point of origin of the paper and markers - as mundane and futile that might seem to your eyes - is the same, that could mean that the material was handed out to them, or in another words, this whole thing could be stages by someone.

Aren't people always assuming that dictators organize groups of people to show support, and supplying them with posters? So tell me, why the arrogance around my comments?
[/quote

I saw the same thing.

This may be very clever propaganda.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Thinking outside the box or expanding upon a pretty obvious observation? Another thing, I don't think it's ever uncommon to show up to a protest and there is already materials there for you to make your own sign. Sure, anyone can look for a conspiracy in just about anything but when someone points out another perception don't take it personally. My motive for sarcasm is for LoLs.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

while I don't discount the sentiment, am I the only noticing the same signs being being held by different people in different pictures?

Passed around, most definitely.

I do think those there, know WHY they are there, I am sure the majority, don't know English. Even the note, is spelled wrong. Now, is it just something that the media there, is pushing? Maybe the Government? Could be. Hope not though.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Thinking outside the box or expanding upon a pretty obvious observation?

I didn't expand on anything, I mentioned facts, and I questioned why they were common to several individuals on the pictures you provided.

Google is a good pal, and if you search for any protest or gathering, you WILL see different people holding different signs, especially made with different materials, and with different sizes, shapes and style.

Another thing, I don't think it's ever uncommon to show up to a protest and there is already materials there for you to make your own sign.

No, it isn't. But you know when that happens? When an event is organized and the organization makes efforts into providing materials for the campaign.

When things are natural and organized by text message or social networking, people will organize them-selfs and their material before leaving home - which means they will use their own (individual) resources - or on the path to the gathering, which will also mean people will have different signs.

If you look at the pictures of the Egyptian protests during the revolution, you will see all sorts of signs. That's also true even in Libya, prior to the regime change, on either side.

There is nothing wrong with organizing a peace demonstration. Nothing wrong at all. But when people claim they are showing genuine support, and in an event that should be natural you see patterns of organization, the following question comes up:

WHY?

Why did someone supply posters and signs? Who did it? And if there is an organization in all this, and someone produced the signs for everyone else, why is the english so bad? Isn't at least someone in that group that knows how to speak english?

Sure, anyone can look for a conspiracy in just about anything but when someone points out another perception don't take it personally.

I'm not offended, nor I do give importance to the kind of response you made, taking it personally.

But ask yourself, which one of us is talking about facts and making legitimate questions, and who is avoiding them without giving it any second thought?

I'm glad you avoided the point about dictators using staged propaganda.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You'd be hard pressed to find any media reporting on this. Well at least I've looked and found nothing so far.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

These probably are the very same people who were protesting peacefully outside the embassy before an armed & organized gang of terrorist began the attacks. And now they're back the very next day letting America know they had nothing to do with this.

So again, we can find conspiracies in anything but it doesnt mean it's true. Tell me, what Libyan dictator staged the protests? You are aware since the 2011 civil war terrorists have been having their way with Libya?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

You'd be hard pressed to find any media reporting on this. Well at least I've looked and found nothing so far.

Where did you get the pictures, and what are those watermarks on the pictures? What do they mean?

Just asking.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I got them from the site I posted in my OP. I got that link from another forum I visit. I've been looking for any news coverage about this protest but it all gets drowned out by the Embassy attacks. The water marks probably to a Libyan news outlet but good luck finding it

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

K.

I was thinking some local news agency too.

Good luck searching for it.

Oh BTW, S&F

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

These probably are the very same people who were protesting peacefully outside the embassy before an armed & organized gang of terrorist began the attacks. And now they're back the very next day letting America know they had nothing to do with this.

You know this as a fact? Tell me where you found about that, since you consider that expanding without information is a bit wrong.

Nice edit to that first paragraph.

So again, we can find conspiracies in anything but it doesnt mean it's true.

Yes, and again, that has nothing to do with the questions I'm making. I always question my sources and the information, don't take it personally, as you said.

Tell me, what Libyan dictator staged the protests? You are aware since the 2011 civil war terrorists have been having their way with Libya.

Don't be condescending, you are awful at it.

It's not unusual to see protests against and in support of a leader, especially dictators. Sometimes one of the sides is oppressed, like the opposition to Kim Jun-Un in North Korea, but in others you see both, like the pro and anti Assad's regime protests.

In those events, a lot of people claim the support demonstrations are staged and payed off by the dictators mentioned, not because it's true, but because it has happened before, and usually people don't cheer for the guys who kill their families and trash their economies.

Saddam Hussein also proves that.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Does anyone know who the gentlemen with the wound on his face is?

It also looks like a reporter van in the back, with a satellite dish on top. I wonder if there is any news coverage about this demonstration, and that older gentlemen seems to be a VIP in this.

The injury might be from the incident at the embassy.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
CNN is now using at least two pictures from this set in an article of theirs:

Link to source

The caption doesn't add anything new.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

No you aren't. I would love with all of my heart to believe this was spontaneous. Buuuuut, I also feel like it's a big set-up. I believe that the sentiment is probably true with most Libyans, just as it is with most Americans.

What a great star on my data file it would be for me to share this "sympathizing" link. I hate that they have stiffled me like that. Bastards!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Crakeur has a point. We don't know that this is representative of most Muslims in Libya. We may only be seeing a small group who were put up to display these signs to help further confuse the situation.

I have read many times that extremist Muslims do use such tactics and come openly as sheep in wolves clothing. This is acceptable as part of the Islam religion's teachings to lie and deceive. If that's the case, there is no clear way to know the difference between the good Muslims and the Muslin extremists or if there is any difference at all.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

This is not a rant, but a calm observation. These Muslims claiming that most don't agree with the extremist views don't even question why god/allah would allow his religion to be used in ways that is so violent and deadly. Does allah not have the power to stop it? If not, then he is not a god.

Also, if you were a member of a club, and some members take the club rules to mean abusing and murdering non-club members is mandatory, what do you do?

First, you shut down the club!
Second, you go after the killers!

What you don't do is tell the public, "Hey, sorry, some of don't approve of these extremist views." Not agreeing with these views doesn't stop the killing.

I feel for these people, but if they want to make their religion a beacon of light in the world, then they have to go after the extremists and put them down hard.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
watch out romney doesn't see that, people apologizing for the behaviour of their fellow citizens.

if only america can learn to apologize for the behaviour of some of it's citizens, i.e. bush, cheney and rumsfeld, they might forgive and start to repair the pain.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

There are NOT billions of Muslims, the number worldwide is approx 1.4 billion and a majority of them are Indonesians & Malaysians!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join