It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, people of America, this not the behavior of our Islam | Libya

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
THIS IS PROPAGANDA TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK THE LIBYAN PEOPLE ARE THANKFUL TO AMERICA FOR 'LIBERATING' THEM.

SURELY PEOPLE DO NOT FALL FOR SUCH BLATANT PROPAGANDA?

This is not to say Libyan people are not good people, but they have no reason to be sorry to America for anything. They just want peace like any other normal people, but this is very obvious, staged propaganda.

119 flags yep I'd say they are eating it hook line and sinker. Funny how they claim we are asleep and too busy with American Idol. At least some people get it, star for you my friend.

My sentiments exactly, the moment I first saw these pictures I thought they looked really, really suspicious...like a public relations campaign or people pleading for the U.S.A. to NOT invade or bomb their country.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Wow!!!

The Zionist propaganda machine was expecting to profit from this incident in Benghazi to boost anti-Muslim sentiment and shape the public opinion for an attack against Iran... They were not expecting THIS!

Please, spread those pictures!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
THIS IS PROPAGANDA TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK THE LIBYAN PEOPLE ARE THANKFUL TO AMERICA FOR 'LIBERATING' THEM.

SURELY PEOPLE DO NOT FALL FOR SUCH BLATANT PROPAGANDA?

This is not to say Libyan people are not good people, but they have no reason to be sorry to America for anything. They just want peace like any other normal people, but this is very obvious, staged propaganda.

119 flags yep I'd say they are eating it hook line and sinker. Funny how they claim we are asleep and too busy with American Idol. At least some people get it, star for you my friend.

My sentiments exactly, the moment I first saw these pictures I thought they looked really, really suspicious...like a public relations campaign or people pleading for the U.S.A. to NOT invade or bomb their country.

Why? Because you think middle class people in a country like Lybia can't speak English?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wait till the Marines land and take over the consulate. About the time the Marines shoot & kill a Muslim ....I don't think you'll see the " We love America signs" Maybe some flag burnings and " Death to America chant". But no ""Love America Signs".

Understand we needed a reason to put "boots on the ground" .We now have that reason, and we will occupy for as long as we want. This poor shatty country is no different than Iraq or Afhganistan. America does not care about these people, our citizens might. But our Government could care less if they lived or died. Sad but true.

This want be the only country we put boots on the ground in. If you think other wise your living in a fantasy. A Government funded fantasy at that..
edit on 13-9-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Of all the religious groups in the world, Christianity has done more to restrict and limit my freedoms than any other religion.

That's only because Islam hasn't yet dominated your country. Consider yourself fortunate!

I haven't been "convinced" that all Muslims are evil.

Yet you seem so convinced that all right wing Christians are. Why?

From what I've seen, the vast majority of Muslim people are nice, friendly, moderate, normal people - at least all the ones I've met in my life have been.

That's interesting! I can honestly say the same thing about the many Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Atheists, and yes, even Muslims, that I've met in my lifetime. Why do you seem to consider Muslims to be exceptional?

And I would have to say that this is also evidenced in the numbers of people in these countries where such violence is playing out. These nations have millions of Muslim people living happily, and as there are only a couple of hundred extremists taking part, out of those millions of people, that's possibly less than 0.001% of all Muslims in these countries.

Horse crap! Your numbers are WAY off the mark. In addition, the numerous, and ongoing, tribal conflicts within the Middle East and North Africa tend to indicate that happiness is, indeed, a rare commodity. The only thing that unites those factions is a hatred of Israel and the West. Haven't you ever wondered why so many Muslims migrate to the West? I can only think of two reasons. Would you care to guess what they are?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It is to be expected. We have been engaged in the business of making terrorists for many years now. Almost one million dead in Iraq alone!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Promoting cooperation and peace is not the goal of mainstream media. It's all the same, Iraqi or various Muslim news agency would not report on Americans holding signs apologizing for the brutal and illegal invasion of Iraq..etc.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well, these pictures are certainly nice and heart warming but i think it is all staged or made by a small minority that is most likely going to benefit from the new regime put in place by America. Unlike the majority of Libyans.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Sorry, people of America, this not the behavior of our Islam | Libya

Are theses the same white Muslim people, not to long ago that were beheading people in the streets of Libya, yelling ‘Allah ho Akbar‘…the same white people that have tens of thousands of blacks in cells torturing them because ghadafi said the land of Libya belongs to the blacks?.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Not at all, of course there are people in Libya who speak English to assume there aren't any would be ignorant, but, do you know any of these people personally? Is it even true that there are people there who truly believe in world peace? Possibly...but the pictures do seem somehow..."staged" to me. It is almost impossible to distinguish which propaganda is actually true and what is not...the Nazis were masters of propaganda, and the U.S. has learned quite a bit about manipulating the public through the media. So for me to be skeptical about such things is only logical.

Interesting threads to read regarding propaganda campaigns:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...and so on.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Personally I judge Islam by it's actions, not Taqiyya and Kitman.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I would also like to add that Islam was not spread through peaceful means...

And the crusades came centuries later...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by de_Genova

Originally posted by Antonio1
Its such a shame that there is so much ignorance in the U.S. about the true nature of Islam.

Yea - its a terror cult posing as a religion..........scourge of the planet.

Pictures above? Inverse CIA propaganda!

BTW - ID of the producer of the alleged (CIA) film - 55 year-old with a long rap sheet aka a criminal - Nakoula Basseley Nakoula - Is he an Israeli Jew as claimed ??? dunno with a name like that - ya know? CIA asset???

google it.
edit on 13-9-2012 by de_Genova because: text

Why would prove the point that you quoted not only are ignorant of Islams true nature you seem ignorant of basic human nature and a lack of critical thinking skills or are a troll trying to get others upset.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elathan

And what about the Christian emperors of Rome after Constantine the Great, and before Mohammed was even born?

Did they spread the Roman-Christian territory through peaceful means?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I am so fed up with the "holy wars." Is it even possible to calculate how many people have been killed "In the name of God?" I was raised a Catholic and know the bible quite well. When the sex abuse scandal broke, I left the church for good. I left God / Jesus/ Allah/ Jehovah/ .... etc as well.

I am also sick of hearing about "peaceful " The Bible condones slavery and killing.

Islam is no worse or better than any other organized religion.

( just my 2 cents)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
While I appreciate the thoughts and sentiments, what I am really looking for is concrete actions. Why haven't the AQ inspired militia groups been "taken care of" yet? I saw pictures of Libyans trying to help those US embassy personal, for that I am thankful, but it wasn't enough to prevent it.

I really do want to see freedom and democracy ect thrive with the Arab Spring revolutions, more so for the people of the region than for any geopolitical reason. But so far all I have seen is the power vacuum of one dictator rapidly replaced by yet another dictator. The real foot soldiers of the Arab Spring, the people yearning for freedom, have just exchanged one master for another, I fear. Those foot soldiers need to stay vigilant and ready to protest again.

Does anyone really think that the Muslim Brotherhood will ever hold free and fair elections in Egypt again? Myself I doubt it, especially the way they are going after groups and people not supporting them. Shutting down media outlets, replacing posts with cronies....... where have I seen this story before?

Star for you

Worldwide I suspect

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by Kualros
The people depicted in the above photos ARE the proper and true representation of the vast majority of Muslims -- those who are just as horrified and upset by terrorism as we Americans are.

We appreciate the support, and may Allah bless you and yours in all things.

[EDIT] Star and flag to you, OP.

edit on 12-9-2012 by Kualros because: Addendum

We all understand that, and I feel sorry for those people who have to deal with the consequences of the extremists....but I still have to say there is a significant portion of Muslims who have extremist beliefs.

Completely agree with you. The majority support that kind of thing.It is a way of life to them.Don't try to tell people here that though,they'll turn it around and blame America for it.And before anyone jumps on me,no,I don't think we should bomb them or anything.Personally,America needs to pull out of countries like that and just be done with them.No aid or any kind of support at all. We've come to the point where we need to say # the rest of the world and worry about whats going on in our own backyard. As for the op,while I'm sure there are some that feel the way as the people in the pictures...I'm not 100% convinced those pics are real.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PMNOrlando
I too was surprised to see the signs. Very heart warming. I'll say prayers for these people tonight and ask that God protect them from their own people. The radicals will probably mark these people as western sympathizers and go after them too.

And may God bless the Americans that lost their lives and their families that will miss them.

It is the same handwritten misspelled sign passed around to different people to hold for a camera.

Deny ignorance has been left at the door on this one.

People are easily fooled when they want to be.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

Originally posted by Elathan

And what about the Christian emperors of Rome after Constantine the Great, and before Mohammed was even born?

Did they spread the Roman-Christian territory through peaceful means?

The Romans were conquering long before Christianity existed. They didn't change when they dropped their multiple pagan religion for the single religion of Christianity. Nice try but you can't pin their culture on something they adopted much later.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kualros
The people depicted in the above photos ARE the proper and true representation of the vast majority of Muslims -- those who are just as horrified and upset by terrorism as we Americans are.

We appreciate the support, and may Allah bless you and yours in all things.

[EDIT] Star and flag to you, OP.

edit on 12-9-2012 by Kualros because: Addendum

Do you think law enforcement in the United States would allow THOUSANDS of people to storm a foreign embassy and burn down their flag? Maybe the radicals aren't in the majority, but I doubt they are such a small faction of Islamic society. Otherwise I'd think we see much stronger condemnations and even an attempt to ensure these people are rounded up and jailed. You never hear a report that these people are arrested or tried in court.

It seems that the hatred and the violence is on the uptick, not subsiding.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join