It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Steps Deep Into It Over Libyan Attacks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
the only people that didn't cringe were the fanboys. it was poor form and didn't look "presidential" at all

You mean the Obama response? I agree. When you need to go back and delete the evidence it looks very bad indeed.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Good for Romney, I'm glad to see someone show some balls in the government. This makes me want to vote for him. Of course I was just voting against Obama before but this kind of solidifies my vote.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
the only people that didn't cringe were the fanboys. it was poor form and didn't look "presidential" at all

You mean the Obama response? I agree. When you need to go back and delete the evidence it looks very bad indeed.

It's too late. We all have - Screen Grab Utility Programs-.

Obama cannot unring a bell.

----------
More details came out today and it's not good.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by luccadeo
Good for Romney, I'm glad to see someone show some balls in the government. This makes me want to vote for him. Of course I was just voting against Obama before but this kind of solidifies my vote.

Romney = Strength

Obama = Weakness + Fly to Vegas

Hillary Clintons career is coming to an end very soon.

----------
Don't look at me.

I didn't end it. The Muslim Brotherhood ended it.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by luccadeo

Romney = Strength

Obama = Weakness + Fly to Vegas

Hillary Clintons career is coming to an end very soon.

----------
Don't look at me.

I didn't end it. The Muslim Brotherhood ended it.

One can only hope so. When you present a weak side, the bad-guys will push the envelope. Notice that this sort of thing did not happen to our embassies during the previous administration. What is concerning is that the very people who are orchestrating these attacks are the very same people we supported with airstrikes and money--1.5 Billion in Lybia. It shows the lack of gratitude on the part of those we helped out Quadaffi and a lack of judgement on the part of the administration.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

The House of Representatives has already scheduled hearings to find out the truth.

This will end the career of Hillary Clinton.

Her responses under oath will not look good.

I actually feel sorry for her. It's over.

The Muslim Brotherhood has started WW III just 2 months before before the November

election. David Axelrod should chart a new course. Cancel 2 of the presidential debates.

Just have 1 and then call it a day. Head for the exits.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Wide Range Of Political Punditry Slams Romney's Lack Of Professionalism

It seems that the GOP's standard bearer can't keep from wrecking his own campaign from week to week. From what I've ever known about national politics, if you can't keep the mainstream press from being disgusted with you, you're not going to fair very well when the ink starts flowing either for or against you. This boneheaded debacle may have been Romney's last nail. I doubt that even Rush can save him now.
edit on 9/12/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

You can't possibly be that obtuse.

Romney was the only figure who acted 'Presidential' when he came out and stood up for American values and chastised the moron....Hussein Obama for apologizing for a video that nobody saw nor cared about.

The attacks were connected to 9-11 anniversary.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot

It seems that the GOP's standard bearer can't keep from wrecking his own campaign from week to week. From what I've ever known about national politics, if you can't keep the mainstream press from being disgusted with you, you're not going to fair very well when the ink starts flowing either for or against you. This boneheaded debacle may have been Romney's last nail. I doubt that even Rush can save him now.

Romney was the only figure who acted 'Presidential' when he came out and stood up for American values and chastised the moron....Hussein Obama for apologizing for a video that nobody saw nor cared about.

Some people are following the MSM narrative. - not Kirsten Powers -

Apparently, the MSM all got the same email. Ignore the embassy attacks. Attack Romney!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Did you happen to see Hillary's face just now at the return of the four bodies, I could see many emotions in her eyes, even fear,
Obama seemed like a cold fish.
State Department sets up 24-hour monitoring team for embassy crisis
thecable.foreignpolicy.com...
edit on 023030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I will be voting for Romney also just so I can vote against Obama, so are all my family as well...

Would have rather liked Ron Paul, but oh well...

Anything but more Obama, all politicians lie but Obama was so blatant...

in 2008 all his change promises, every single one of them were lies, we didn't close Guantanamo, still have troops in iraq/afghanistan, he did not repeal the patriot act, and he in fact EXTENDED it when he promised to kill it.

He's a liar, and should be executed as a traitor.. and under U.S. law, treason is punishable by death.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Did you happen to see Hillary's face just now at the return of the four bodies, I could see many emotions in her eyes, even fear,
Obama seemed like a cold fish.
State Department sets up 24-hour monitoring team for embassy crisis
thecable.foreignpolicy.com...
edit on 023030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

This tragedy happened on her watch.

It was all preventable. Her testimony at the House of Representatives will not go well.

---------
Apparently, Obama compartmentalizes every event. He gave a quick speech and then

flew off to Las Vegas? The optics were terrible.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
anyone here think they are going to use those missle ships?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

My only question to this would be, ask Mr. Romney if his sons will go and sign up do the right thing as young patriots should, pick up arms and join in the war that he would like to conduct ?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot

I take it that you don't read much political opinion or watch much in the way of political cable TV. If you did, then you'd know that the "apology" was made by a mid-level diplomatic aide - in Cairo - a full 6 hours before any protest started outside that embassy. You'd also know that the WH did NOT align itself with that preemptive embassy statement, and that Obama never apologized to anyone for anything. You'd also know that Sec. Clinton reinforced the primacy of the 1st Amendment right of the film maker to make that POS video clip, even if the damn thing IS trash.

And, if you actually had any idea what you're talking about, you'd know that Romney completely screwed up the timeline of the attack and apology in Cairo and still tried to conflate that apology statement with the Libyan attack - which was retaliation for the the death the #2 Al Qaeda leader "The Libyan" (by drone strike in June) and meant to "honor" the anniversary date of 9/11, and that it had nothing at all to do with the embassy "apology" for the movie, which occurred many hours before the Libyan attack - which was not even part of the Libyan protest gathering, which became evident when those protesters (from that original protest gathering in Libya) gathered the next day to apologize for the attack on the embassy and to condemn it with signs and chants. And yet Romney doubled down on his error the next day with even more assertions that the Cairo apology was connected with the Libyan attacks, and that Obama issued them. Both assertions being absolutely and clearly wrong, which made all the press folks wonder what the hell he was trying to pull - according to published reports, that is.

But then, if you read any political opinion - which is what this thread is actually about - you'd know all of this already, and wouldn't be stepping in your own pile of sh*t with that post.

*NOTE* FoxNEWS is a brand name. It's not descriptive of what actually goes on at that network. Just a heads up there.

edit on 9/14/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Notice that this sort of thing did not happen to our embassies during the previous administration.

No they didn’t attack the embassy during the previous administration they attacked us on our own soil killing thousands.

I just have to say WOW

Have you forgotten about why we went to war? Are people really this forgetful?
I will never forget 9/11 and I am sad so many others have.

edit on 14-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by NavyDoc

Notice that this sort of thing did not happen to our embassies during the previous administration.

No they didn’t attack the embassy during the previous administration they attacked us on our own soil killing thousands.

I just have to say WOW

The War on Terror continues.

Was the consulate in Bengazi attacked by Al Qaeda terrorists or by a mob that got out

of control because of a movie?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by NavyDoc

I just have to say WOW

The War on Terror continues.

Was the consulate in Bengazi attacked by Al Qaeda terrorists or by a mob that got out

of control because of a movie?

You seem to want to have it both ways I just read a post of yours on another thread where you said you didn't believe this was over a movie.

Yes, the strategy is to hide behind the movie and declare that the White House is

just a victim of circumstance. - The movie -

It's not working. Charles Krauthammer & Rush Limbaugh are revealing the obvious.

- It's not the movie.-

The MSM narrative is to ignore the Chris Stevens assassination and just attack Romney

over his - tone -.

Kirsten Powers is appalled by the false narrative

ATS

How about you decide which one you believe and then we can talk about it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

We already know the answer.

-----------
What's your response?

Was the attack on the consulate in Bengazi, Libya made by Al Qaeda terrorists

or by an angry mob attacking because of a movie?

Charles Krauthammer already answered the question.

----------
Why is the MSM ignoring the embassy attacks and obsessed with Mitt Romneys tone?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

One can only hope so. When you present a weak side, the bad-guys will push the envelope. Notice that this sort of thing did not happen to our embassies during the previous administration.

Way to rewrite history!

Guess you forgot all about the Beirut Marine Barracks bombing during Reagan's administration - killed over 240 Marines, and nearly 60 French soldiers. Not to mention the 1983 - Bombing of the U.S. embassy in Beirut, 49 dead, 120 injured. You still want to claim "this didn't happen during previous administrations?

During Reagan's years alone we had:
1983 - Bombing of the U.S. embassy in Beirut
1983 - Bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait
1983 - Bombing of Marine Barracks in Beirut
1983 - CIA Station Chief William Buckley kidnapped
1984 - Bombing of U.S. Embassy annex northeast of Beirut
1984 - Hijacking of Kuwait Airways Flight 221
1985 - Hijacking of TWA Flight 847
1986 - Hijacking of cruise ship Achille Lauro;
1996 - Bombing of Rome, Vienna airports
1986 - Bombing of La Belle Discotheque (by Gaddafi/Libya)
1987 - Car Bomb Exploded Outside U.S. Embassy In Italy
1988 - Bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 (260 dead, by Gaddafi/Libya)

George H.W. Bush:
1990 - Palestinian Guerrillas Attempted To Attack U.S. Embassy In Tel Aviv

Clinton:
1998 - Terrorist Bombs Near U.S. Embassies In Kenya, Tanzania (killed 60, 8 Americans)

George W. Bush:
2002 - U.S. Consulate In Karachi, Pakistan, Attacked; 10 Killed, 51 Injured
2004 - U.S. Embassy Bombed In Uzbekistan
2004 - Gunmen Stormed U.S. Consulate In Saudi Arabia
2006 - Armed Men Attacked U.S. Embassy In Syria
2007 - Grenade Launched Into U.S. Embassy In Athens
2008 - Rioters Set Fire To U.S. Embassy In Serbia
2008 - Ten People Killed In Bombings At U.S. Embassy In Yemen

Claiming this "never happened" before, thus "blame Obama" is the height of ignorance. I see this in the right-wing media circus (particularly Charles Krauthammer) trying to whitewash the history of previous administrations so they can vilify Obama, with claims like "Bush never had a terrorist attack since the start of the Afghanistan invasion". WHAT? The Pakistan consulate attack alone was more deadly than the recent Libya consulate attack.

What is concerning is that the very people who are orchestrating these attacks are the very same people we supported with airstrikes and money--1.5 Billion in Lybia. It shows the lack of gratitude on the part of those we helped out Quadaffi and a lack of judgement on the part of the administration.

They are different factions at work there. The jihad group blamed in this attack is not in support of the Libyan government, and the "Muslim Brotherhood" is the small minority.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

He was talking about U.S. ambassadors getting assassinated.

The last time our ambassador was murdered was 1978.

------------
BTW, more bad news for Hillary Clinton:

Colonel David Hunt: " Rules of engagement were ridiculous. --- No bullets! ---"

Will Hillary Clinton lie under oath?

edit on 15-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join