It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Steps Deep Into It Over Libyan Attacks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Wide Range Of Political Punditry Slams Romney's Lack Of Professionalism

It seems that the GOP's standard bearer can't keep from wrecking his own campaign from week to week. From what I've ever known about national politics, if you can't keep the mainstream press from being disgusted with you, you're not going to fair very well when the ink starts flowing either for or against you. This boneheaded debacle may have been Romney's last nail. I doubt that even Rush can save him now.
edit on 9/12/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

When Israel bombs Iran in the next couple of weeks no one will remember this.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I'm a Ron Paul guy but I don't see a problem with what Romney did. At least he stood his ground and didn't flip flop like the WH has done and always does. They wait for public opinion to come out and then they follow it.

Romney creates public opinion.

This is what Reagan used to do.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think Romney will get a much more positive response than you seem to want to give him credit for.
At least he has some input other than sitting on his ass and making apologies for the U.S.
Obama is totally overwhelmed by this and it shows his lack of experience.
Personally, I think we should develop our own resources, shut the borders to unfriendly nations, cut off all funding, and leave these people to themselves. They deserve each other.

Rand Paul makes more sense than his father here but at least Romney has a position other than "present."

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The fact of the matter is that they're not voting "for" Romney now, they're voting against Obama. They don't have anyone they can vote "for" and according to Rush Limbaugh, Romney may as well be Elmer Fudd.

www.examiner.com...

Limbaugh was making that point Monday. Limbaugh said “Romney is not the perfect candidate. That does not matter,” he said. “Romney, the best thing he can do is remember this election isn't about him. He may as well be Elmer Fudd as far as we're concerned. We're voting against Obama.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Not really. I will vote FOR Romney and be glad that it is a vote against Obama.
I think Romney can do this thing and I KNOW Obama can't... or won't.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'd like to know what Romney would have done in this situation. What could he have done?

Whether this is Obama or Romney, I don't see how this would have turned out any differently and Romney's comments show a desire to exploit any and all possible angles to profit politically.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
Not really. I will vote FOR Romney and be glad that it is a vote against Obama.
I think Romney can do this thing and I KNOW Obama can't... or won't.

Take a look at any and all polls that break-down who they are voting for and why. A big majority of Republicans are honest and say that they are voting against Obama.....not for Romney.

So you may be voting for Romney, but you are in a very small club.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Romney is doing nothing more than playing John McCain *light*. Although I am not supporting Obama in any way, I beg to question why not ONE politician on either side of the coin is bringing up the FACT, that the same terrorists we funded to take over Libya, are now responsible for the murder of a US diplomat!

For anyone to question the motive of two opposing puppets and not look at the bigger picture might explain how our politcal system in this country has become so corrupted!!! Why do we support either of them? They all lie, and their agendas are certainly not to represent the people of this country!

Edit: Why are people still defending Romney? If he was the man of character and truth, ask yourself this question, "Why isn't he bringing up the fact that Obama supplied Al CIAda with weapons to take over Libya, and now, we are in the midst of another occupation because of those actions?". Don't you think if he brought up that fact that it would be a big win for his campaign? But you see, he will never say that because he is part of the same corrupt system that Obama is! Think about it!
edit on 12-9-2012 by seeker1963 because: adding

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

I'm a Ron Paul guy but I don't see a problem with what Romney did. At least he stood his ground and didn't flip flop like the WH has done and always does. They wait for public opinion to come out and then they follow it.

Romney creates public opinion.

This is what Reagan used to do.

That is what George W Bush used to do too

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
It seems that the GOP's standard bearer can't keep from wrecking his own campaign from week to week.

That's a lot of left wing wishful thinking.
When it comes to 'responses' ... Romneys response to all this was much quicker, much clearer, and much stronger than what came out of the Obama administration. Romney looks presidential. Obama looks like he can't figure out what the heck he or his people are doing.

(and by the way ... I'm NOT a Romney supporter)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
As well he should. Someone has to stand up and speak for the USA..... And not the Muslin Brotherhood.

Romney needs to take the gloves off and attack Obama and his ineptness everyday. From the highest mountain-as it were.

Go find out what really happened leading up to the attacks, the responses-or lack there of. Romney was totally in the right and now needs to bear down on the POTUS. It is time.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Wow first off who cares a fly f!@ what news pundits have as their opinions!!!! In all honesty taking a meek approach with events in the ME does no good. If they are gonna flip out and riot over a movie then you need a strong response not a apology. You cannot deal rationally with irrational people. Mitt responded in the way this needed to be responded to. We have to hear how we shouldn't paint the ME with the same broad brush, well if they want to paint all of the US with one they need to learn we won't take their bull. There is a time and place to apologize and this wasn't one of them.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Anybody who cares to know how Romney sees it:

Romney campaign links embassy attacks to Obama’s failed Middle East policies
thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

Romney campaign links embassy attacks to Obama’s failed Middle East policies

or you can just sing along with MSM......

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I read the article, I'm confused ...

The Romney campaign drew fire on Wednesday morning for issuing a blistering statement condemning the American embassy in Egypt for speaking against an incendiary anti-Muslim film, even though the embassy made the statement before any attacks had taken place.

So, Romney condemned the American embassy for condemning the film?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Romney needs to take the gloves off and attack Obama and his ineptness everyday. From the highest mountain-as it were.

I agree. There are many points that Romney could be blasting Obama on. But it's hard to do so when he is just as inept and corrupt.

That's why this is so funny. One idiot is calling the other guy and idiot, but he's so blind that he doesn't know that he's an idiot!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Yes, let's keep up the political trolling from both the left and right over the loss of American lives.

to you for exemplifying 100% what is wrong with our country.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
OK, I got it now...

The U.S. Embassy in Cairo issued this press release:

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others

In a nutshell...

President Obama stood by this statement rather than saying the mob was to blame.

Romney stated that Obama should condemn the Muslim mob and not the film makers.

Am I close?
edit on 9/12/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

What that means is that Romney is outraged at the outrage....and expects us to be outraged about it.

In other words, this is dumb and Romney looks dumb for even saying what he did. There are better diplomatic ways to address this type of issue during a political campaign and Romney blew it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join