It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Steps Deep Into It Over Libyan Attacks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Except Romney is completely right. After Romney pointed out how poorly Obama handled the situation tweets from the Embassy got deleted. Funny that.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Except Romney is completely right. After Romney pointed out how poorly Obama handled the situation tweets from the Embassy got deleted. Funny that.

Funny that you actually think this is true. Funny in a sad sort of way.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Yeah, i was thinking the same thing. I would love to see some evidence of these tweets.

This really seems to be more about people trying to twist any political situation into a political gain. I freaking hate election years.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, i was thinking the same thing. I would love to see some evidence of these tweets.

This really seems to be more about people trying to twist any political situation into a political gain. I freaking hate election years.

Hell, I'm reading some stuff that suggests that the movie isn't even a real movie but just a series of messed up scenes that were always meant to be uploaded to YouTube and then targeted by tweets and such to freak out the Middle East around the 9/11 date to provide riot crowd cover for the murder of our Libyan ambassador on the anniversary so that Romney's foreign policy credibility could gain some traction against Obama's success against Al Qaeda in recent years.

Here's the link

I don't know if this site's worth a damn, but a friend of mine sent the link to me. I guess that there's a lot of activity that's being started as a result of this bizarre mess. Sheldon Adelson's name getting tossed in there was pretty unexpected, but then I'm not deep into this kind of stuff. Ask me about Quantum Entanglement and I can blow your mind, but this political stuff makes my stomach roll. I try not to focus on it.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Just did a quick Google search of your link, Veterans Today, and found this.

buyer beware veterans today and its anti israel agenda

Of course, this is the internet, so this site could be full of it as well.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Just did a quick Google search of your link, Veterans Today, and found this.

buyer beware veterans today and its anti israel agenda

Of course, this is the internet, so this site could be full of it as well.

Like I said, I don't know if it's a site with accurate research or not. I just read the one article. My point was that there's a lot of stuff flying around about this incident right now. Targeting both sides of the divide.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Seems par for the quadrennial course.

And i agree....you are outstanding when talking quantum and esoteric details.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

I'm a Ron Paul guy but I don't see a problem with what Romney did. At least he stood his ground and didn't flip flop like the WH has done and always does. They wait for public opinion to come out and then they follow it.

Romney creates public opinion.

This is what Reagan used to do.

Romney Response: Strong

Obama Response: Very Weak

The world needs leadership. President Mitt Romney will give it.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
the only people that didn't cringe were the fanboys. it was poor form and didn't look "presidential" at all

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
the only people that didn't cringe were the fanboys. it was poor form and didn't look "presidential" at all

Romney criticism was on target.

Well done!

September 13, 2012 Rasmussen:

Romney 47%

Obama 46%

Obama foreign policy is a mess.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hardly. Romney comes out on top...MORE presidential looking than Obama.

Obama, by the way, REALLY put his foot in it...when he stated that Egypt was NOT considered a U.S. ally.
Good thing his handlers were on hand to step back that comment in the media in an unsuccessful attempt to mop up that major ignorant gaff.
Obama is a foreign policy joke...all around the world. Liberal dems seem to be the only people who don't realize it.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

I'm a Ron Paul guy but I don't see a problem with what Romney did. At least he stood his ground and didn't flip flop like the WH has done and always does. They wait for public opinion to come out and then they follow it.

Yeah....the lemmings need leadership. Romney is the one to lead them, too. But where does the lead lemming lead to?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

That was definitive. I'm not used to bumpersticker posts. Good for you.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Seems par for the quadrennial course.

And i agree....you are outstanding when talking quantum and esoteric details.

Thanks. I wish there was money in theoretical metaphysics. There is, but you have to lie your *ss off and make people think that they're gods that are just a quick wake-up away from ascending into the stars. Everyone wants to be either Jesus, Elvis or Marilyn Monroe, and you can clean up if you can convince them that you can teach them how to wish themselves into becoming special.
edit on 9/13/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

25%-50% of the GOP is disenfranchised over the Ron Paul mess! Romney handed Obama the election, but we will still see a good show as he must spend those millions anyhow! The only way a broken party can win is by fraud and cheating!

Dr. Paul or bust remember? Your vote is best spent on Johnson!

I would not vote for Romney if my life depended on it! I have seen enough fraud to last me a lifetime! Why not just elect Netanyahu, and commit yourself to more aggressive war!
edit on 13-9-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Wide Range Of Political Punditry Slams Romney's Lack Of Professionalism

It seems that the GOP's standard bearer can't keep from wrecking his own campaign from week to week. From what I've ever known about national politics, if you can't keep the mainstream press from being disgusted with you, you're not going to fair very well when the ink starts flowing either for or against you. This boneheaded debacle may have been Romney's last nail. I doubt that even Rush can save him now.
edit on 9/12/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

"Romney"debacle:??????????????

Heres yoursocalled " independent media"caught on open mic colluding to hit CANDIDATE Romney over the head with "the" question:
Obama supported "arab spring" uprisings in the middleast; he's openly supported the "muslim brotherhood".

This isn't about any "film" (released in July btw). This is a planned destabilization.

The middleast is burning; Now Tunisia; Yemen and Morocco I guess are playing .
This is about unifying the arab states and spreading Islamic law. Europe is next.
This is a Soros /Obama destabilization. "(candidate)Romney"screwed up??????.... really? really?
How about President Obama set this up to further his "anti-colonialist" agenda.

That you expect anyone to believe this ridiculous b.s. is beyond insulting O.p.

edit on 13-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Wow, for a website whose motto is deny ignorance, it seems to multiply tenfold when peoples favorite puppet (Demopublican or Republicrat) gets involved. How can anyone possibly think either one of these two incompetents are serving any interest other than the corporations and special interest groups?? Its obvious they are setting up Obama for a second term. And if enough people hate Obama so much that Romney gets in office then even better for TPTB. Mitt Romney looks like he should be on the front of the monopoly box wearing a monocle. It makes me sick. Enjoy four more years of watching your country go down the pooper Americans. You deserve exactly what you're going to get.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
OK, I got it now...

The U.S. Embassy in Cairo issued this press release:

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others

In a nutshe

Am I close?
edit on 9/12/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

You're not close, you're not even on the same planet.

Let's see if we understand this. The US Embassy put out a statement. apparently independent of any official approval. The statement was a condemnation of a film. I think we all know which one. a rather crude, incendiary, demeaning and outrageous depiction of the Muslim prophet Mohammad. A film calculated to enrage extreme Muslims. Six hours after the release of this statement by the embassy, not by the administration, and certainly not a personal statement by the president, but a release approved by embassy officials on the scene in Egypt, rioting began. Now lets look at the statement first of all. There is no apology in it. Just a condemnation of something that needed to be condemned. This low film.

You say, "President Obama stood by this statement rather than saying the mob was to blame.
Romney stated that Obama should condemn the Muslim mob and not the film makers."

This is just one convoluted piece of disinformation. I would just call it a lie but I'm afraid you are truly not capable of understanding the inaccuracies in you statement. The President did condemn the mob. I don't remember him saying anything about the film or it's makers, but the harshest of denouncements would not be out of line.

I have no problem with an honest criticism. but to fabricate an out and out dishonesty about our Commander in Chief at a time when a national unity is of utmost importance, is just unconscionable, and bordering on treasonable

I can see that in this election regards for the truth have taken a back seat, and otherwise reasonable men have taken to lies as a legitimate replacement for debate, but this deliberate act of candidate Romney has diminished him my eyes to a very low level.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Funny that you actually think this is true. Funny in a sad sort of way.

When did Romney point out Obama's failed leadership? When did tweets get deleted. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

You're welcome.
US Embassy in Cairo quietly deletes its ‘we stand by our condemnation’ tweet; Update: More deleted tweets!
U.S. Embassy in Egypt deletes tweets condemning anti-Muslim film

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join