It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney 'Outraged' Over Obama 'Sympathy' for Embassy Attackers

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by SaturnFX

There were 18 marines protecting the embassy in Tripoli....do you know how many were assigned to the consulate in Benghazi?

Don't know.
How many are currently protecting the embassy in Munich, Iraq, South America, Indonesia, etc...

Should protesting civilians determine US policy? Should America become the biggest cowards on earth? Do we need 5400 specops protecting every ambassador? We have an actual decent relationship with Egypt and Libya now, they got police..we are protected overall.
Stop second guessing foreign policy outside of military intelligence. What is your background that you can trump the collective intelligence of the strongest military on earth? Whats on your resume?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Eurisko2012

If it was an act of war brought on by the Muslim Brotherhood, then wouldn't we be at war with Egypt as well?

Attack whoever is responsible for the assassination of Ambassador Chris Stevens.

- Al Qaeda & Muslim Brotherhood -

I can tell you that the CIA knows exactly who did this.

And if it turns out to be (as things like facts show) random civilians simply pissed off that their religion was mocked and so did the abortion doctor by a fundy move towards an ambassador?

Start bombing egypt?

Surely that will make the world a safer place...

(the fringe right worries me..someone may accidently put them back in power out of irony or something)

Random civilians who just so happen to assassinate our Libya ambassador on 9/11/2012?

Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood did their homework on this attack.

I think Obama AND Hillary should resign.

I'll bet you Senator Patrick Leahy is thinking just that !

He gave them both fair warning. Giving the Muslim Brotherhood $1.5 Billion is a foolish

endeavor.

Obama and Hillary must be held accountable for their actions.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by pajoly

With every passing day I hate Right wing Christians more and am convinced even more their sole intent is to instill a Christian theocracy. Fundamentalist Christians are LOVING this right now. The more American blood spilled by their exact counterparts in the Muslim world, the happier they literally are.

I agree. At least some of the Fundamentalist Christians in the south are direct descendants from the original Puritans.

If you read the facts on Puritans - - - they were not pacifists. They tried to force England into ruling by their strict religious belief. Sound familiar.

Believe me England didn't cry any tears when they left for America.

Sorry, what is that supposed to mean? I'm English and frankly I don't want to be part of the crap I hear on here from 'a proportion' of Americans. Annee, why on Earth did you make that kind of comment? It has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by pajoly

Better check the most recent news reports...and the postings I put up earlier.

It had NOTHING to do with the movie, that was a smoke screen.

They used the protest as a way to carry out a planned attack.

Can people please keep up.

In Libya, possibly
Egypt was all protest though. News has been reporting that much since pretty much the beginning.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BluFenix

Originally posted by charles1952

How anyone on ATS could tolerate that idea for a second, escapes me. If you are aware of this story and vote to keep Obama, the best I can do for you is give you my pity, you're more likely to get my scorn. If Romney raped his greatgrandmother when he was 13, I'd rather have him in office than someone who is willing to give away our rights.

Sigh. Ok, I'll bite. How on earth is Obama giving away our rights on this matter, specifically?

Look, it's an issue of personal responsibility. Yes, you have a right to say whatever you want. Thank whatever you happen to worship at the time that we can. That being said, the right gives you a personal responsibility to at least try to be sensitive to the other religions of the world, if for nothing else, knowing the consequences of such actions.

The film maker (FM for short) should have known that this film was going to cause violence and bad reactions. The blood of those killed is on his hands. You can't sit there and preach about personal responsibility and then say "It wasn't the film maker's fault!" when someone calls you out on it.

You may think "Well, they shouldn't have killed those people." Yes, you are right. But that doesn't absolve the FM of his own personal responsibility to the content in which he created. Blaming this on Obama doesn't even make sense. Here's the quote:

I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

You're being unreasonable, and political, and you know it. Shut up with the drama and discuss it like a real human.

The FM was excersising his right to free speech. We do not have to agree with the content of his movie but as Americans we must defend his rights to his views and his rights to express those views. This is America where we have that right. While I dont agree with the content of the film I stand behind this mans right to have produced it. At the same time I do condemn the prepatrators of this crime.
We may not agree with the FM but we should defend to the death his rights to say it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

According to the news going on, all dems, independents, and about half the republicans think Mittens is totally off here and is treating it like a very destructive gaffe.

Not actually. Thats what the media is saying, especially MSN. Ridiculous,
they want to go to the polls for us too and mark our ballots.

If Chris Matthews had his way, he would soley alone re-elect Obama.

Chris Matthews isn't on yet.
CNN, and many republicans are basically saying Romney is off the page on this one. it is a clear political jab without concern for the actual tragedy...this is already playing bad.
Romney needs to take some lessons from Ryan..he played it cool and did insert some minor politics...Romney went full politics and totally overlooked the human response.

And ya, get mad at the media..and history, facts, etc...all the things liberals appearantly own according to the right.

Mittens doesn't have any compassion for a human being.... I think that is clear from his past when he toured a Chinese factory and saw guard towers and barbed wire to keep workers in/out as normal business practices.....

I don't think Romney cares about people but only money and profit......with a side dash of humanity mixed in.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Random civilians who just so happen to assassinate our Libya ambassador on 9/11/2012?

Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood did their homework on this attack.

I think Obama AND Hillary should resign.

I assume your talking about the billion BFF fund we give Egypt yearly since...hell, decades now I think. Muslim Brotherhood is a conservative political party that currently heavily influences Egypt at the moment, but they are now more political than anything else, and it is about being a self entity. this is geopolitics..aka, we give you a billion, you play nice with Israel.

Do I agree with that funding? nope. think it needs to stop...thought that ever since I heard about it during 4 administrations now.

I think you need to fix your broken record...your giving yet another disingenious half truth and spin. If you can't simply discuss the actual facts, then you don't have a valid point.

And you always think they should step down...because they are not of your political affiliation..but guess what, they won't, gonna have to deal with O for about 4 1/2 more years...but at least Hillary is stepping down, so that should make you happy.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So you are saying that islamic fundamentalists get to dictate what we say and do in our own country?

Not sure how you could come away with that interpretation from my post. Like I said clearly, blaming Obama for this is asinine. You can blame extremists, either Christian or Muslim with some legitimacy; there is no legitimacy for laying this at Obama's feet.

Do you not think free speech comes with responsibility? What do YOU think the motive of the movie is if not a clear intention to provoke violence? Hell, the film is financed by Orthodox Jews who have been trying their hardest to manipulate the western world into a war with Islam because they know they are too weak and too few to do it themselves.

You gotta hand it to them: they know the American Christian Right are both virulent fanatics and not especially education lovers, so they are easy to manipulate. So the smart but extremist Jews trick the dumb and pliant American Christian Right to make a movie that will send the Muslim extremists into a murdering frenzy, thus forcing the American GOVERNMENT to take action. Ah, the grace and beauty of religion in action -- a scourge upon the earth. Now there's a conspiracy worthy of ATS because it is damn true.

The Founder's here crewed up a few ways. Their firewall between the State and religion was weak and their Freedom of Speech too broad. Many of you think the Founders as infallible gods (another reflection of America's poor educational system), instead of complex and human and as prone to error as any informed and educated person may be (not as prone to error of course as science-denying ignorant people though).

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

What is your background that you can trump the collective intelligence of the strongest military on earth? Whats on your resume?

Exactly what I'm wondering about many posters here. They all seem to think they're foreign-policy experts now! There's a frightening kind of meme spreading here on ATS that each individual is an expert and has knowledge of a professional, in whatever field we happen to be discussing. Who ARE these people?

It's easy to sit here behind our keyboards and criticize Obama's foreign policy (kind of like Romney is doing), when in reality, we have NO CLUE of the information he has or what is going on behind the scenes.

It really is an embrace of ignorance.
edit on 9/12/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
You can blame extremists, either Christian or Muslim with some legitimacy; there is no legitimacy for laying this at Obama's feet.

- It is the fault of the Muslims who attacked. THEY decided to attack. No one made them.
- It is NOT the fault of the people who made the film. Free speech rights. Period.
- Obama's 'fault' in this comes on a second tier. It's his fault he coddles terrorists like The Muslim Brotherhood, which emboldens them, and others, to attack the USA.

Do you not think free speech comes with responsibility?

Free speech is free speech. Unless someone is guilty of slander then they are free to have their opinions as they see fit. Would you put a clamp on anyone who has an opinion that doesn't agree with yours? Then that is you being totalitarian and that is no longer free speech. It's no different behavior then what the Muslims who attacked the embassy are doing.

What do YOU think the motive of the movie is if not a clear intention to provoke violence?]

The intention, whatever way it is, doesn't matter. They have a right to free speech. Period. No one has a right to go and murder innocent people simply because someone on the other side of the planet exercises their right to free speech and makes a cheesy movie that you disagree with.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Is there now any doubt that O is a Muslim and in fact helping the Muslim brotherhood. IMPEACH THE MUSLIM. HE IS NOT AN AMERICAN. IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT THEN YOU ARE BLIND.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You do get that this is a discussion board and everyone has a right to their opinion, right? Opinions that they base on what they have learned. That's the whole point of the board. And I've seen YOU discuss, and complain about, the policies of plenty of right wing candidates and other groups (like the Catholic Church for example). So why are you now complaining about people here who have opinions about Obama's foreign policy? Oh .. that's right .. it's because they aren't happy with Obama's policies or behaviors in this matter.
I guess that's the difference, right??

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Islam is nothing more than Christianity of the 1500s where you are with the program or you die....

I see little difference between early Christians and Islam today. They both want to conquer the world for their God...

nothing more or less... I wonder how Christians 500+ years ago would think of Christianity today?

I don't consider Islam a religion but a political doctrine for living and serving as a slave to the religion. I came tot this conclusion after reading about Islamic Law when the US invaded Iraq because it was an easy target.

I don't know who is behind the so called "Arab Spring" but it is not for freedom but for colonialism. I see the formation of Islamic alliances as the result of the Arab Spring plan perpetrated by the neocons in the late 1990s as a way to create a wider war in the Middle East as our country goes bankrupt.....

I call it, "How to rebuild America plan"

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by timetothink

It seems the false flag idea may have some merits.

Identity of anti-Muslim filmmaker called into question

Doubtful...

Meet The Right-Wing Extremist Behind Anti-Muslim Film That Sparked Deadly Riots
maxblumenthal.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Oh, wait, the Great Satan is behind everything, even movies producted in a country that has made diverse and not really US Friendly movies in the past?

This is the result of foreign policy that's gone adrift.

I agree! Our @ss-backward crazy support of Israel -- it's not even adrift, it's treason to the United States.

America First!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Of course it's an opinion board. I'm just wondering about all the "experts".

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I don't need a resume on intelligence...I am an American and have the right to question our government...perhaps you forgot that?

Every Embassy has Marines protecting it, but not the consulates....they had no one to protect those diplomats except the Lybian Army.

They were hung out to dry.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
It was not a US operation that brought liberation to Libia it was a NATO action. We were part of it but the US is not NATO.

Yeah, and the U.S. pays the VAST majority of NATO's budget. Don't kid yourself, NATO is just another arm of the U.S.

Source - NATO

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

- It is the fault of the Muslims who attacked. THEY decided to attack. No one made them.
- It is NOT the fault of the people who made the film. Free speech rights. Period.
- Obama's 'fault' in this comes on a second tier. It's his fault he coddles terrorists like The Muslim Brotherhood, which emboldens them, and others, to attack the USA.

Here is one of the men that promoted the film..

Klein claims credit for inspiring “Sam Bacile” to produce “The Innocence of Muslims,” promising him he would be “the next Theo Van Gogh,” referring to the Dutch columnist who was murdered by a Muslim extremist. Of the attacks in Libya, Klein said, “We went into this knowing this was probably going to happen.”

maxblumenthal.com...

Free Speech is great, but the internet is Global and there are Americans ABROAD...and for you to absolve this effen hate-monger of any responsibility when he proudly proclaims "we went into this knowing this probably was going to happen" while conveniently reaching for a way to blame the President of the United States....is just as disgustingly disrespectful and desperate as Mitt Romney's blunder was.

The same people who promoted this film with an aim toward inciting violence against Americans are the same ones who host "Jihadwatch" BTW...a site often used as a source by the right wing islamaphobes on ATS.

edit on 12-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Its called Blowback Sparky, welcome to the game.

I'm truly surprised that there haven been worse attacks on US targets.

If the US thinks we can go marching into Soverign Countries and tell them what to do.

If the US thinks we can continue to invade countries that operate differently than us.

Dont be surprised to wake up one morning , and see Cleveland or Dallas turned to a Glass Ball.

Its called Blowback, and we the US , brought it upon ourselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join