It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney 'Outraged' Over Obama 'Sympathy' for Embassy Attackers

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by pajoly

With every passing day I hate Right wing Christians more and am convinced even more their sole intent is to instill a Christian theocracy. Fundamentalist Christians are LOVING this right now. The more American blood spilled by their exact counterparts in the Muslim world, the happier they literally are.

I agree. At least some of the Fundamentalist Christians in the south are direct descendants from the original Puritans.

If you read the facts on Puritans - - - they were not pacifists. They tried to force England into ruling by their strict religious belief. Sound familiar.

Believe me England didn't cry any tears when they left for America.

Sorry, what is that supposed to mean? I'm English and frankly I don't want to be part of the crap I hear on here from 'a proportion' of Americans. Annee, why on Earth did you make that kind of comment? It has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

She made that comment because those that inspired this violence are Right Wing Evangelical Extremists with Militant ties.

It was a commentary on how we...or apparently you...seem to be only able to recognize extremists when they speak Arabic.

Meet The Right-Wing Extremist Behind Anti-Muslim Film That Sparked Deadly Riots
maxblumenthal.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Of course it's an opinion board. I'm just wondering about all the "experts".

It's just people having an opinion about what they've read about, seen on tv, etc etc.
Just go with it .. get a glass of wine .. some ritz and cheeze wizzzzz ... and give everyone
YOUR 'expert' opinon the same way everyone else gives theirs. ENJOY yourself.
One persons opinon is as good as another.

( and daydream about the fact that GLEE starts in two days! )

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

It's not 'disrespectful' or 'desperate' to put the blame for the deaths where it belongs .. on those who did the killing. I didn't say Obama was directly responsible. I said that his hugg'n the Muslim Brotherhood emboldens terrorism. That's different.

Fact is .. no one should go on a killing spree of innocent people simply because someone on the other side of the planet has an opinion that you don't like. It's just WRONG. And those people who pulled the trigger are to blame. they can't control themselves in the face of opposite opinion. That makes them animals .. not thinking humans with self control.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Its called Blowback Sparky, welcome to the game.

'Sparky'... I like it ... kinda has a ring to it ... maybe I can have that as my nickname.
I've been here 8 1/2 years and don't have a cool nickname.

I'm truly surprised that there haven been worse attacks on US targets.

Not for lack of trying on the part of the terrorists, I'm sure.

If the US thinks we can go marching into Soverign Countries and tell them what to do.

We never should have gone into Libya. We never should have gotten involved in Egypt.

Dont be surprised to wake up one morning , and see Cleveland or Dallas turned to a Glass Ball.

Actually, I keep expecting it to happen to Philly. We are on the River .. easy access ... big oil refineries ... and even an earthquake fault line that gives us a little shake now and again ...

Its called Blowback, and we the US , brought it upon ourselves.

Well ... you can't really dismiss the total insanity that seems to come upon many Muslims when they think that someone has said something negative about their religion or their 'prophet'. Seriously ... it's not exactly stable or sane.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
'Sparky'... I like it ...
Well ... you can't really dismiss the total insanity that seems to come upon many Muslims when they think that someone has said something negative about their religion or their 'prophet'. Seriously ... it's not exactly stable or sane.

Ya, The Sparky thing was response to a earlier reply from you, I have my petty side.

Now, as to your other above quote, May i link a Quote that sums up a reply much better than I ever could.

"Every time anyone says that Israel is our only friend in the Middle East, I can't help but think that before Israel, we had no enemies in the Middle East." -- John Sheehan, S.J. (a Jesuit priest)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree with your Free Speech stance. There's a line between speech and action. Or, as we used to say, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

There's NO excuse for the attacks. But when the "filmmaker" knowingly provokes people, as Tw0Sides said, "It's blowback". Sure, we can legally say just about whatever we want, but if you tell a man that his wife is a dirty whore, knowing how he will react, you kinda deserve what you get, even though you were legally in the right.

And, like you have your opinion about Obama and the Muslim Brotherhood, I have my opinion that BOTH parties in this mess are at fault, if not legally, morally. But Obama personally holds no responsibility, IMO.

(I will pass on the crackers and canned cheese, but I am pretty excited about GLEE!)

edit on 9/12/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

It's not 'disrespectful' or 'desperate' to put the blame for the deaths where it belongs .. on those who did the killing. I didn't say Obama was directly responsible. I said that his hugg'n the Muslim Brotherhood emboldens terrorism. That's different.

Fact is .. no one should go on a killing spree of innocent people simply because someone on the other side of the planet has an opinion that you don't like. It's just WRONG. And those people who pulled the trigger are to blame. they can't control themselves in the face of opposite opinion. That makes them animals .. not thinking humans with self control.

Hey Sparky...BTW I am now craving Cheese wiz, Ritz and wine after your post to BH...

You seem to want it both ways?

Blame Obama for letting the worlds 2 Billion Muslims know that we are not at war with them...whilst simultaneously hunting down and killing terrorists across the globe via special forces and drones at pace 1000% faster than his predecessor...That is "emboldening" terrorists? Not to sound all DNC...but what happened to OBL again? Is he feeling "emboldened" at the bottom of the ocean?

Or is it the men who pulled the "trigger" on the RPG who are the only ones responsible?

The only ones that you don't seem to blame are the Far Right Evangelical whack jobs who made the film with Mohammed molesting kids and translated it into Arabic...while now proudly proclaiming that they knew it would result in violence?

Not buyin' what you are selling.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Ya, The Sparky thing was response to a earlier reply from you, I have my petty side.

I changed my 'Mood' (under my avatar) From BAZINGA to 'Sparky'. I like it ...

"Every time anyone says that Israel is our only friend in the Middle East, I can't help but think that before Israel, we had no enemies in the Middle East." -- John Sheehan, S.J. (a Jesuit priest)

OF COURSE Israel isn't a friend of the USA. We have no friends. No matter how 'good' or how 'bad' we are .. it won't matter. No country in the world can count on another country as a friend. Every country is in it for themselves. Every 'friend' out there will turn on a dime if someone else comes along with a bigger bucket of money to buy the 'friendship'. This isn't just a 'USA' thing .. it's an 'EVERYONE" thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
But when the "filmmaker" knowingly provokes people, as Tw0Sides said, "It's blowback".

I'd see 'blowback' as something that was against those who actually made the film, not innocent people who had nothing to do with it. In fact, the Ambassador in Libya said that the proudest day of his life was when he was able to save a Libyan family during the fighting that went on a while back. Maybe I see 'blowback' as something different ...

(I will pass on the crackers and canned cheese, but I am pretty excited about GLEE!)

You can be on a 'sympathy' diet with me. No glutten, no yeast, no mold, no sugar.
I promise anyone who eats this sjogrens diet with me will drop many dress sizes FAST.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Hey Sparky...BTW I am now craving Cheese wiz, Ritz and wine after your post to BH...

White wine ... ritz .. cheese wiz in a can. mmmmmmmm

Wish I could have it. How about you have some and I can live vicariously through you?

Blame Obama for letting the worlds 2 Billion Muslims know that we are not at war with them...

He could have made a nice strong statement and yet made it clear that we aren't at war with 2 billion muslims. As far as I can see .. he failed on this. HILLARY did it right though. Remember the campaign - Hillary vs Obama? This is that 3am phone call thing .. and she did it right.

The only ones that you don't seem to blame are the Far Right Evangelical whack jobs who made the film

1 - Agreed, they are whack jobs.
2 - They have a right to their opinion. Last I saw - They have a right to state it as long as it's not slandering another living person. If I'm wrong about that, lemme' know.

Putting a muzzle on them is a slippery slope. Just like the Westboro Baptist nutters. I hate what they do, but they have a right to do it. If we muzzle them, that makes us just as bad as the nutter fundamentalist muslims who kill innocent people for no good reason. IMHO

Not buyin' what you are selling.

Just chatt'n .... you don't have to buy anything .... except Obamacare health insurance .. but that's for another thread.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well, I for one am OUTRAGED by, Mitt Romney's Hair. I mean common...Are you trying to be cool? If so Plaid does not go with stripes. The hair??? Really? So 1999....GOSH!

edit on 12-9-2012 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Not me Saturn, I am strickly here for the entertainment value. Free entertainment any time I want it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Honestly I believe this poster was confusing Mormons and Muslims thats all. I could be wrong but thats what I think.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The only ones that you don't seem to blame are the Far Right Evangelical whack jobs who made the film

1 - Agreed, they are whack jobs.
2 - They have a right to their opinion. Last I saw - They have a right to state it as long as it's not slandering another living person. If I'm wrong about that, lemme' know.

Putting a muzzle on them is a slippery slope.

You have been around here to long enough not to try that slight of hand...no one is challenging anyones right to free speech.

I think White Supremists are mentally handicapped inbreds and that they shouldn't espouse the garbage that they do...but I believe in thier right to do so. Those two concepts co-exist...it is not difficult.

I am not asking you to disenfranchise them of thier right to free speech...I was just pointing out that you blamed (albeit "2nd tier") the President of the United States via a desperate and reaching argument while defending (albeit via a false defense of 1st amendment) the ones who made the film to provoke the extremist Islama-freaks.

No one is questioning the 1st amendment...I am however questioning the ease of which you absolved the video makers of blame, while desperately looking to assign blame on the President of the United States.

I am repeating myself...but you get the point.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Annee

Honestly I believe this poster was confusing Mormons and Muslims thats all. I could be wrong but thats what I think.

Extremists can attach themselves to anything.

Extremists are Extremists - - - people should remember that.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It appears personal accountability isn't very popular in the US at the moment. Sure, the Muslim extremists are very much responsible for their violent actions, but so are those who went about provoking a violent reaction from a population they knew were prone to violent reactions. Sure, the 1st amendment protects free speech, but it does not absolve you of all responsibility for what you do say. There is a difference between right and wrong in the law, and in morality. If something is legally allowed, but morally abhorrent, does it make it the right thing to do, and should that really absolve you of all personal responsibility?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

( and daydream about the fact that GLEE starts in two days! )

How can I possibly respect you after this?

I now have serious concerns over your taste in mass-media provided revenue-enhancers.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join