It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Romney 'Outraged' Over Obama 'Sympathy' for Embassy Attackers

page: 11
26
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.




posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is what Obama says about Romney's criticisms of him...



"Governor Romney seems to have a tendency to shoot first and aim later. And as president, one of the things I've learned is you can't do that. That, you know, it's important for you to make sure that the statements that you make are backed up by the facts. And that you've thought through the ramifications before you make 'em."


Source

In Romney's attempt to use this tragedy for political gain, he has stuck his foot in his mouth, and continues to insert it at every opportunity.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

The political baiting and name calling will kindly end here.

Any further infractions and members involved will be rewarded with a posting ban of 72 hours.

Thank you.

~Tenth
ATS Mod.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by TheComte
Well, I don't trust the Mormons. Any religious group that would massacre their fellow countrymen are considered terrorists in this day and age. Mormonism teaches that violence and even murder is justifiable if God commands it. Scary to think that a Mormon may become the most powerful leader in the Western world.

Interestingly Sept. 11, 2012 it is the 155th Anniversary of the Mountain Meadows Massacre.

en.wikipedia.org...


The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints or Mormons are Christians. Where in christian teachings does it say that voilence and even murder is justified. I think you are a little confused as to what a Mormon is.


Karen if you look at the old testament there are many passages about violence and Christians.... even though Christians aren't supposed to be living under the old book... how else could Leviticus be used to legitimize a stance against homosexuals? However, I don't see states like NC handing out bans or death penalties on shellfish!

In all honesty I really believe that this poster was confused between muslims and mormons but I could be mistaken myself. Just based on what he said I feel he was confused.
North Carolina makes its living off of the creatures of the sea, they could no more ban shellfish than ban sweet tea. ( the official drink of the south lol)



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


I agree with your Free Speech stance. There's a line between speech and action. Or, as we used to say, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

There's NO excuse for the attacks. But when the "filmmaker" knowingly provokes people, as Tw0Sides said, "It's blowback". Sure, we can legally say just about whatever we want, but if you tell a man that his wife is a dirty whore, knowing how he will react, you kinda deserve what you get, even though you were legally in the right.

And, like you have your opinion about Obama and the Muslim Brotherhood, I have my opinion that BOTH parties in this mess are at fault, if not legally, morally. But Obama personally holds no responsibility, IMO.

(I will pass on the crackers and canned cheese, but I am pretty excited about GLEE!)

edit on 9/12/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)


You blame both parties really?? Ok let me explain some things you clearly dont understand.Freedom of speech is the 1 thing that is fundamental to all are rights.Without free speech you are controlled by whoever removed that right. Now people shouldnt provoke other people or cultures but guess what they have that right.Freedom of speech isnt to protect speech you agree with its to protect speech with you disagree with or even offend you.

By placing partial blame on the US or the producers or how ever else is just another form of condoning the murderous mob that killed 4 US citizens. Lets look at this in a bit different light the tea party is constantly attacked in the media called everything from racists to idiots.What if every time someone made a comment they didnt like they went out to a US building and killed 4 people.Would you blame the media for causing this or would you demand that those people be locked away maybe even death penalty.Just because you do not like what someone else says doesnt mean you have the right to kill people.

I personally believe we try to appease the radicals to much giving them excuses does nothing but encourage them to continue there actions.Now if we took a hard like and said you hurt Americans we will find you andwe will kill you i have a feeling alot less people would be willing to attack our embassies.In the muslim world appeasement is seen as nothing more then weakness they respect strength and attack weakness just look at history.
edit on 9/12/12 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


The week before 9/11 and the President didn't meet with intel. You tell me. On the anniversary of 9/11 and you don't have enough marines prortecting the embassy? You tell me.


Thank you! Where was the intel on this, we have a president negligent to attend
intelligence briefings, that even made the news.

Obama skips more than half of daily intelligence meetings

Hillary is seen dancing in bars, www.youtube.com...

Joe Biden is in a Diner drinking beer
with some biker gal on his lap!
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

This is pathetic, a sad excuse for an Administration!


edit on 12-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr
 



Originally posted by dragonridr
... guess what they have that right.


That's EXACTLY what I said. READ my post. Sounds like you shoot before aiming, too... Like Romney!



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
.no one is challenging anyones right to free speech.

I dunno. If they use free speech and yet get the blame for the murders, then we all would have to stop them from doing something that would cause more murders. Right? Isn't that how it works? If their free speech makes them guilty of murder ... then you have to take away their right to free speech in order to stop murder.

At least, that's how I see it going down.
Seems a slippery slope to me.


Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
In Romney's attempt to use this tragedy for political gain, he has stuck his foot in his mouth, and continues to insert it at every opportunity.


Romney ABSOLUTELY used this tragedy for political gain. It was crass. But at the same time, what he said was true. Obama flubbed it up. (whereas Hillary got it right). If it were the other way around, and Romney was a POTUS who screwed up and Obama was trying to be POTUS, I'd bet Obama would also use the tragedy for political gain. Afterall .. his team are the ones who said 'never let a good crisis go to waste'.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
The OP seems to have an agenda. I've seen several anti Obama posts by him that site sources that are on the fringe. Not very reliable...

Wake up my friend. The system is broken. Rooting for one party over the other is not the answer. Make up your own mind and dont be a puppet.
One party IS going to be in power. Wake up and smell the coffee.


Wide awake compadre. the two parties are the problem. They both make promises to fix what cant be fixed. Even if we elected someone like Ron Paul, the two parties would not let him get anything done. We are doomed for our non-participation in the thing we call democracy. We are our own worst enemy but dont even realize it. We are too busy looking for someone else to blame.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
There are a number of ATSers that must spend all day dredging-up anti-Obama rhetoric to feed their political woodies. Their koolaide soaked brains feed on it. This is bald-face political oportunism by the Republicans and shameful in the least.

This is NOT a first-amendment argument. This alleged movie producer makes a movie with the stated intention to inflame Islamic emotions in order to help 'his home nation' of Israel while hiding-out in the United States. Everyone knows the consequences of insulting Islam but some asshats continue to do it with no regard for the safety or wellbeing of others. It doesn't matter what our opinions are of the reaction of followers to Islam --- we know what that is.

This 'gentleman' abused his first-ammendment rights. There are limits: you can't yell fire in a crowded theater; can't threaten someone; can't publish personal information of others; can't publish the work of others; can't knowingly incite a riot, etc. So yes, I get why we comdemned the movie. It's a balls-less, BS move with a coward's motive. He wants to make a movie like that --- let him leave his CA real estate empire and go back to Israel and do it. I also understand why the State Dept, the Administration etc. comdemned the attacks. What I don't understand is why the Romney camp would be classless enough to cash-in on a dangerous and tragic evnt like this.

And no, to you anti-Obama circle-jerkees, I am not an Obama supporter --- either now or in '08. I simply deplore political BS from either side. I wouldn't vote for either a Democrat OR Republican.



Yeah, drop bombs. Kill both the guilty and the innocent. Then we can beat our chest in victory and use terms like collateral damage. (end sarcasm) THis is exactly why they (the rest of the world) hates us. We go all over the world trying to spread our ideology while insulting and killing those who dont go along. I say we stay home for the next 50 years and fix our f'd up system.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by TheComte
Well, I don't trust the Mormons. Any religious group that would massacre their fellow countrymen are considered terrorists in this day and age. Mormonism teaches that violence and even murder is justifiable if God commands it. Scary to think that a Mormon may become the most powerful leader in the Western world.

Interestingly Sept. 11, 2012 it is the 155th Anniversary of the Mountain Meadows Massacre.

en.wikipedia.org...


The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints or Mormons are Christians. Where in christian teachings does it say that voilence and even murder is justified. I think you are a little confused as to what a Mormon is.


Karen if you look at the old testament there are many passages about violence and Christians.... even though Christians aren't supposed to be living under the old book... how else could Leviticus be used to legitimize a stance against homosexuals? However, I don't see states like NC handing out bans or death penalties on shellfish!

In all honesty I really believe that this poster was confused between muslims and mormons but I could be mistaken myself. Just based on what he said I feel he was confused.
North Carolina makes its living off of the creatures of the sea, they could no more ban shellfish than ban sweet tea. ( the official drink of the south lol)


Sorry but if read the Bible and Leviticus you can see that eating shellfish is "aga'in the Bible"

Christians point and say "Because the Bible say so" but I guess if it doesn't fit their agenda it doesn't say that!

Islamic fanatics today aren't much different than early Christians when it comes to religion .... it is their way or death in the name of the all mighty!

I am not confused that Christians of many flavors cherry pick the Bible..

and how can Christians call Mormons Christians when they believe;

God came from Kolob and had sex with Mary knocking her up?

What, no virgin birth?

The Garden of Eden is in the Midwest USA?

HA HA HA

I have a copy of the Mormon Bible and it is clearly a fraud.....



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don't really like either of them but I perfectly understand Romney going the way he did so early with the news. The Dems have spent the last week talking up their foreign policy cred and then on the 11th anniversary of 9/11 we have an embassy sacked and and AMBASSADOR MURDERED IF NOT ASSASSINATED in two nations in which the last four years we have abandoned decades long policies. It's an election year, either side would have reacted similarly though. Anything other than condemnation from official admin sources gave him a door to hop right in.
edit on 12-9-2012 by jefwane because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Nice talking points.


AND our state department official and his staff were murdered on September 11, 2012.

Obamas weak policy has a - direct- cause and effect on newly empowered Radical Islamists.

You can't shove this one under the rug.

Obama and Hillary will both be held accountable for their actions.


weak policy??...shoved under the rug??...held accountable?? what are you possibly talking about??
hey, it's 120 degrees in iraq...obama did that...dead fish in southern california...obama will pay for that...heat wave in the central US...obamas policies caused that


Yes, Obama has given the Muslim Brotherhood a big hug in Egypt and Libya.

Obama will be held accountable for his actions.

BTW, the Muslim Brotherhood isn't finished. This is just the beginning.

They are now empowered to strike again. Obama is helpless.


Boy, someones drinkin the koolade... Do you really beleive what you are saying? You sound as much like a fanatic as those who kill because of a film or book.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by RELDDIR
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


The week before 9/11 and the President didn't meet with intel. You tell me. On the anniversary of 9/11 and you don't have enough marines prortecting the embassy? You tell me.


Thank you! Where was the intel on this, we have a president negligent to attend
intelligence briefings, that even made the news.

Obama skips more than half of daily intelligence meetings

Hillary is seen dancing in bars, www.youtube.com...

Joe Biden is in a Diner drinking beer
with some biker gal on his lap!
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

This is pathetic, a sad excuse for an Administration!


edit on 12-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)


LOL... you really use this as grounds for your outrage? We are spinning out of control. Its not a conservative versus liberal problem we have. We need to start taking responsibility for our actions over the last 100 years. The only thing that will make it any better is to have intelligent discussion about the important issues. Very little of that in this thread...



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


I agree with your Free Speech stance. There's a line between speech and action. Or, as we used to say, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

There's NO excuse for the attacks. But when the "filmmaker" knowingly provokes people, as Tw0Sides said, "It's blowback". Sure, we can legally say just about whatever we want, but if you tell a man that his wife is a dirty whore, knowing how he will react, you kinda deserve what you get, even though you were legally in the right.

And, like you have your opinion about Obama and the Muslim Brotherhood, I have my opinion that BOTH parties in this mess are at fault, if not legally, morally. But Obama personally holds no responsibility, IMO.

(I will pass on the crackers and canned cheese, but I am pretty excited about GLEE!)

edit on 9/12/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)


You blame both parties really?? Ok let me explain some things you clearly dont understand.Freedom of speech is the 1 thing that is fundamental to all are rights.Without free speech you are controlled by whoever removed that right. Now people shouldnt provoke other people or cultures but guess what they have that right.Freedom of speech isnt to protect speech you agree with its to protect speech with you disagree with or even offend you.

By placing partial blame on the US or the producers or how ever else is just another form of condoning the murderous mob that killed 4 US citizens. Lets look at this in a bit different light the tea party is constantly attacked in the media called everything from racists to idiots.What if every time someone made a comment they didnt like they went out to a US building and killed 4 people.Would you blame the media for causing this or would you demand that those people be locked away maybe even death penalty.Just because you do not like what someone else says doesnt mean you have the right to kill people.

I personally believe we try to appease the radicals to much giving them excuses does nothing but encourage them to continue there actions.Now if we took a hard like and said you hurt Americans we will find you andwe will kill you i have a feeling alot less people would be willing to attack our embassies.In the muslim world appeasement is seen as nothing more then weakness they respect strength and attack weakness just look at history.
edit on 9/12/12 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)


Dragon, get off that high horse and realize "the world is not the USA" and it will never be. I find it strange that you think that just because we have freedom of speech here that it is a "world right"

This is the problem with many Americans today that think that they have the power to instill "American rights" world wide.

If you can not accept the free speech of those who provoke a visceral reaction then we are lost......

The world doesn't have to like or accept American free speech and that is their problem not ours. To the world tough sheetz about American free speech whether it is against Christians or Muslims ..

grow up and get a life not centered around religion and you will learn something about humanity otherwise..

we will keep poking the ire of religious fanatics the world over...... and we should!



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard
 


If I recall, Obama pretty much said the same thing when he was campaigning for
office, he wanted to have an open dialougue with the other nations.

Tough lesson to learn, never works... try and dialogue with Psycopaths,
they dont dialogue.

In any case, talk is cheap. Those who hold political office take a salary.
They get paid to do a job. Instead of responsible admin officials we have
three huge goof ups in power right now.



edit on 12-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Our ambassador's body hasn't even reached our shores yet here we are yelling past each other and no one is hearing a thing. I am going to tell you what will happen. There are American operatives in Libya&Egypt right now. In fact they are all over the Middle East. I have been over there and trust me, we have mercs there. They come on our foreign bases daily to rest and rearm. You know them because they are unshaved, civilian dressed, civilian vehicles and they carry light/heavy weapons. What they do and where they go is priviledged info but if there are veterans of our recent wars on this post then you know exactly what I am talking about. These "protesters" will be identified by their own people and will be targeted. It will be quiet and while we here at home think nothing is being done, people will dissapear and we will never know it. The US has 24/7 covert ops on every populated continent and while some will say that BO is weak, they must know that he has taken out more Al Qaeda/Taliban leaders in 3 years than GWB did in 8. Read up. We are heavy in Yemen as well and there are ops on the ground identifying people and sending intel back daily to guide those drone strikes. We Americans like a massive response but quietly & quickly achieves higher success rates and by success I think you know what I mean.

-- H. C. Human Resources, U. S. Army

Well said...
edit on 12-9-2012 by Terminal1 because: Silly typo...



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
You blame both parties really??


Damn straight she does, as do I.


Freedom of speech is the 1 thing that is fundamental to all are rights.


This is something that many ATSers to the rightwing of the political spectrum fail to under. Just because you have the "right" to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

You have the "right" to use profanity in describing somebody's mother, that doesn't mean it is the "right" thing to do, and it doesn't make you innocent.

Slavery was a constitutional "right" that many States held 150 years ago, that doesn't mean the institution was justified and the right thing to do.

Sure these film makers had the right to make a movie mocking Islam and the prophet, that doesn't mean what they did was perfectly justified and the right thing to do. These film makers made this movie with the intention of provoking a reaction of some kind, this was the entire point, and they certainly got a reaction which unfortunately ended up costing lives, costing somebody's son, father, husband, their life. So what do we do from here? Do we continue hiding behind "rights" afforded in our country to excuse the actions of the film makers? Is this what people like you intend to do all day? Are you going to remain this stubborn? Or are you going to admit that the lives lost by the ambassador and his colleagues was worth a film makers political and religious motivations?



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   


Mitt's smirking disaster (The Difference in Demeanor When Americans Are Killed)

"Romney’s moment was...rash and shameful...Crass, undignified and troubling on many levels."

Consensus: Mitt Romney Made A Fool Of Himself With Libya Response

Video: Chuck Todd Calls Mitt Romney "Irresponsible" for Attacking Pres. Obama Over Deaths

"Foreign Policy Hands Voice Disbelief At Romney Cairo Statement" (including Republicans)

Mark Halperin: Romney statement on Middle East "craven", "ill-advised"

Mitt Romney's opportunistic, incoherent attack



TIME: One of the most craven and ill-advised tactical moves in this entire campaign.



Romney and Foreign Policy

Unless the Romney campaign has gamed this crisis out in some manner completely invisible to the Gang of 500, his doubling down on criticism of the President for the statement coming out of Cairo is likely to be seen as one of the most craven and ill-advised tactical moves in this entire campaign.


When You've Lost Halperin and his 500

Romney’s decision to use a fatal attack on Americans as an opportunity to seek political gain based on a complete lie is just the latest example of his copyrighted #romneyshambles campaign. It is a classic #romneyfail.




Romney fails critical leadership test

Romney Campaign Denies Acting Rashly on Libyan Situation

Jumping Ship Update:

Romney’s decision to weigh in is generating criticism from fellow Republicans. Former Sen. John Sununu of New Hampshire said on MSNBC Wednesday morning: “They probably should have waited. … You look at the way things unfolded, you look at the timing of it, they probably should have waited.”


Three Quick Points on the Libya Killings

Bracing for trouble before the start of the protests here and in Libya, the American Embassy released a statement shortly after noon that appeared to refer to Mr. Jones : "The United States Embassy in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims -- as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions." It later denounced the "unjustified breach of our embassy."

Apparently unaware of the timing of the first embassy statement, the Republican presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, put out a statement just before midnight Tuesday saying, "It's disgraceful that the Obama administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks." Mr. Romney also said he was "outraged" at the attacks on the embassy and consulate.


Romney’s False Libya Attack Puts Him Way Ahead Of Mainstream GOP



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
I don't really like either of them but I perfectly understand Romney going the way he did so early with the news. The Dems have spent the last week talking up their foreign policy cred and then on the 11th anniversary of 9/11 we have an embassy sacked and and AMBASSADOR MURDERED IF NOT ASSASSINATED in two nations in which the last four years we have abandoned decades long policies. It's an election year, either side would have reacted similarly though. Anything other than condemnation from official admin sources gave him a door to hop right in.
edit on 12-9-2012 by jefwane because: (no reason given)
he hopped in hours before the murders however.
He was complaining that the cairo embassy put out a statement saying making fun of religion is not what america is about in a nutshell.

not about the murders..they didn't happen yet when he came out. He was saying the embassy should have gone hardline and told the demonstrating crowd to basically go blank off, americans love making fun of them.

So..you can perfectly understand Romney?
Good for you.
I however am profoundly confused of his stance.

Now, if it was the following day, after seemingly thoughtful consideration of the murders, then..still nothing but political baiting, but seemingly with some coherent thought. hours before a death and saying the ambassadors should never try to calm down the madmen outside...



new topics

top topics



 
26
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join