It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will America Imitate Rome?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaolinTemple

I think we're reaching for the proverbial kill switch as we speak. All other super powers of the past has gone through this. Kemet (Ancient Egypt), China, Egypt, Rome, England and now the US. I think it's about time something happens. After all, if you look at all contries in the world, Canada and the US are the runts of the litter and our big brother from the south has already alienated the rest of the family by helping pin one against the other. It is too bad to say but I welcome it. We can't be entering a new age with war at the forfront of our minds.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I admit, in advance, my ignorance of the history of Rome and the Roman Empire.

If the US is following the same path, either exactly, or to some degree, would it be possible for any of you to estimate the time at which the US will fall? Are we talking 5-10 years, or 100?

Any indication would be helpful.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon
I admit, in advance, my ignorance of the history of Rome and the Roman Empire.

If the US is following the same path, either exactly, or to some degree, would it be possible for any of you to estimate the time at which the US will fall? Are we talking 5-10 years, or 100?

Any indication would be helpful.

Don't fuel the crazies....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaolinTemple

ROma attacked the LAMB and ARE still feeling it over there not here but there where its not flesh based, so I dont think so. Americanaz may be going thru changes ect. but ROMA SMITE themselves bad.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Oh yeah, The nations of Rome are about to fall.

All nations have within them the " true Jews" and from the very beginning of time the " others" ( sons of darkness) have been destined to fall.

The Holy War has been going on and it's about to get ugly before it gets better!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson69

We all have to be crazy to some degree to be on this website.

Insanity is the new black

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by MrSpad

I can't imagine a civil war in the USA. Who would be fighting? the barbarians could be the french Canadians pillaging our woman and Ba gets

Uhm..."collectivists vs. constitutionalists"

Yes we take that"musty, outdated, document" as the indelible lifeblood of the nation..

edit on 12-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Short Answer: No America will NOT immitate the Fall of the Roman Empire, and for one reason. Rome was a great superpower for over a thousand years. America as a "superpower" has been around for less then 50 years, so in order to be compared to Rome, America needs to at least last for another 950 years....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Achos
Short Answer: No America will NOT immitate the Fall of the Roman Empire, and for one reason. Rome was a great superpower for over a thousand years. America as a "superpower" has been around for less then 50 years, so in order to be compared to Rome, America needs to at least last for another 950 years....

The Roman Empire's Fall was more of a "trip, stumble,trip, stumble again, scuff one`s knee, get up, roll an ankle, try to walk it off, stumble, and finally fall and break one's hip " kinda of thing lasting hundreds of years, depending on one view of when the end actually took place of course. Also:

-The Roman Empire was massive for it's time, too massive really. Communications, Orders, Decrees, Military Movements couldn't be dictated by Rome as it would be months behind once the information reached them from say the Eastern Provinces. Thus most of the reason why it was seperated into the Western Empire and the Eastern Empire both ruled by seperate Emporers. Not the same situation now of course with the rapid exchange of information we have.

-Both Western and Eastern Empires were surrounded by enemies, albeit as mentioned technology has advandced, the U.S is protected by two oceans and doesn't have Barbarians, Persians, etc on their doorsteps invading.....Errr unless you want to consider Canadians and Mexicans.

-The Roman Empire's Military was overextended in many cases and had a lack of mobility to respond to incursions given the large areas governed over. Yes the U.S has bases in many countries, but in contrast Rome had complete armies present governing over the conquered populance.

As per the political similarities I'll steer clear
...... I do agree though, the U.S has only been a superpower for 50 years, however given the technology we have now compared to Roman times events are hyper excelerated.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join