It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will America Imitate Rome?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Balance budget under Clinton eh?

Pay no nevermind to that 6 trillion dollar deficit or the robbery from SS and left it with IOU"s.

Please enough with that revisionist history wasn't true then isn't true now.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
Read your signature...last time we balanced the budget was under CLINTON.

Under the Bush Doctrine, we now have perpetual war against a foe

You skipped that under Obama we have more than a tenfold increase in the Drone love taps we keep hearing about in the news that always seem to miss their mark and hit wedding parties etc etc etc

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
whoops!!! sorry all...I have too much Hendrix going through my sleepless brain...
edit on 12-9-2012 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Read your signature...last time we balanced the budget was under CLINTON.

Under the Bush Doctrine, we now have perpetual war against a foe

You skipped that under Obama we have more than a tenfold increase in the Drone love taps we keep hearing about in the news that always seem to miss their mark and hit wedding parties etc etc etc

Drones AND manned airstrikes have been attacking just the same since 2001...I really dont care who the idiot in chief is,,,,

What just because I said Clinton's admin balanced the budget you have to get all uppity?
I really don't care who is in charge anymore...it doesn't make a difference, same Patriot Act, Same Gitmo, Same Torture...
edit on 12-9-2012 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Drones AND manned airstrikes have been attacking just the same since 2001..

Didn't you bother watching the video?

1998!

.I really dont care who the idiot in chief is,,,,

I highly doubt you mean that last statement I really do.

First you gave slick Willy props for the false belief in the balancing act. Then you left out our present Disaster in Chief and his present fiscal mess....

What just because I said Clinton's admin balanced the budget you have to get all uppity?

No why?

I really don't care who is in charge anymore...it doesn't make a difference, same Patriot Act, Same Gitmo, Same Torture...

Have your taxes gone up?
How about fuel?

Don't pay taxes and walk everywhere?
edit on 12-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

1998!

First you gave slick Willy props for the false belief in the balancing act. Then you left out our present Disaster in Chief and his present fiscal mess....

I am talking about Neo's signature, yo!
I have much respect for the both of you and your attributions to ATS, but yeah "Slick Willy" did indeed balance the budget WITH a REPUBLICAN CONGRESS. Don't dodge the subject by bringing up Obama...did you not read my post? I REALLY DON"T CARE WHO IS THE SO-CALLED PRESIDENT, OBAMA CONTINUED THE PATRIOT ACT, GITMO, ILLEGAL TORTURE...f*&^ 'em all.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

1998!

No why?

Have your taxes gone up?
How about fuel?

Don't pay taxes and walk everywhere?

Funny, I remember paying .92 a gallon for gas under CLINTON
Try agian

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I have much respect for the both of you and your attributions to ATS, but yeah "Slick Willy" did indeed balance the budget WITH a REPUBLICAN CONGRESS. Don't dodge the subject by bringing up Obama...did you not read my post? I REALLY DON"T CARE WHO IS THE SO-CALLED PRESIDENT, OBAMA CONTINUED THE PATRIOT ACT, GITMO, ILLEGAL TORTURE...f*&^ 'em all.

I honestly thought my questions about taxes and cost of fuel were reasonable.

PEACE

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I honestly thought my questions about taxes and cost of fuel were reasonable.

PEACE

They were...until you wanted facts...
man, the last thing i want is a pissing match with you when i follow all of your great posts...let's just agree to disagree, unlike a lot of folks around these parts...it's late for me anyway and I have had about the crappiest week you can imagine.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Balance budget under Clinton eh?

Pay no nevermind to that 6 trillion dollar deficit or the robbery from SS and left it with IOU"s.

Please enough with that revisionist history wasn't true then isn't true now.

Oh Please!!! Reagan robbed SS in the '80's w(with the approval of a Democratic congress). People laughed at al gore when he said LOCKBOX so get off my D^^% with your rhetoric.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I've never had an issue with agree to disagree....

But I'll leave you with this regarding Reagan, hopefully our present Disaster and Thief is reading...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The current American attitudes seem to imitate Nazi Germany more than Rome.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I've never had an issue to agree to disagree....

But I'll leave you with this regarding Reagan, hopefully our present Disaster and Chief is reading...

LOL!!! That's why I love your posts! The "Disaster in Chief" currently has to present his budget to Congress for approval, just as all of his predecessors did and all who follow will have to as well. Last I checked, the House has been majority Republican, Senate cannot break a fillibuster.
You have so many intelligent posts, why even delve into the dirty realm of all this political nonsense? I don't even know why I did...I know I won't be doing it again anytime soon...It's really a fool's game...the more we argue amongst ourselves, the more they win. Be well, Slayer...all the best

the owlbear

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

really? then you must have not noticed who the nazis imitated aswell.
you know, the big parades, that salute whats its name, oh yeah the roman salute.

rome is the icon of a despotic yet crumbling empire, not nazi germany.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

The current American attitudes seem to imitate Nazi Germany more than Rome.

The Roman Empire was the "First Reich" - The Second Reich was the united Germany created by Bismarck and Prussia. This lasted up until the end of the First World War and the fall of the last German Kaiser, hence Hitlers idea for a 1000-year 'Third Reich'.

The United States might well be considered the "Fourth Reich" insofar as they are all extensions of the Roman Empire. Why is America like the Roman Empire? Because (as some here have alluded to) it has garrisoned its troops all over the world? That's one reason, but only one.

Is it because the modern Americans resemble the ancient Roman's? Some do; some are like the Roman Senators of the fifth century, one of the most corrupted, selfish, and ruthless ruling classes ever to hold power anywhere - ever! Imagine the Mafia if you will. Regarding their enormous wealth: think of the many billionaires we have in America today.

Roman Senators were extremely selfish and egotistical, and like the American senators of today they were determined to hoard the huge wealth of the empire and determined to promote empire to enhance their wealth so much the more. Ordinary people lost all power relative to the actions of their political leaders - sound familiar?.

Heads of corporations in America and the well-connected seem to deliberately model themselves after those greedy Roman Senators, the ones who presided over and helped to bring about the downfall of Rome.

Further similarities are on the economic level as well - The Roman Empire fell because it was bankrupted by its leaders; so, look at the present economic situation now! Budget deficits, trade deficits, a huge national debt.

Romans, and now Americans, have had the misfortune of being ruled by an oligarchy. Rome fell because of it. and we in America are playing out the same schema that befell the Fall of Rome.
edit on 12-9-2012 by de_Genova because: text

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Do you mean... work to save money and get rich? Stay married to your wife and raise your children? Be religious? Respect yourself and do for yourself instead of expecting everyone to take care of you and your children? God I hope so.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
america is a cheap copy of rome ... wont even exist as long as rome did ...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
My scources say.......-YES-

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I can't really tell you what we are now.
Anybody got a clue to help me out?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

Those are all problems the majority of countries on earth have had not just the United states...

British/French/Spanish/ Germans, Russia and any other former or current superpower all have or had those similarities. Its not that Rome and the US are similar its that super power countries are similar, nobody is imitating anyone, its just the way mankind is. This is a dumb thread.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Hudson69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2012 by Hudson69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join