It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An armed mob protesting over a film they said offended Islam, attacked the US consulate in the Libya

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

what the #...
That is so hilariously bad.
One question. Why does Muhammad look like white-jesus?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB

what the #...
That is so hilariously bad.
One question. Why does Muhammad look like white-jesus?

Well Jesus would have looked more like Mohammad than any European or American. But this video, just garbage.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Holy crap man, people are really rioting over this horrible movie? And not horrible for the reasons they've stormed the embassy, but because the film is a piece of crap. I give it 1 star, and that's because I can't go any lower.

Omg, people are REALLY rioting over this MOVIE in different countries?! This is unbelievable!

I just watched Mohammad give a woman oral or some non sense, for sense of that scene I cannot make (it begins at 4:00)! I can see why Muslims are upset but this movie really isn't worth their time, especially to riot. I'm sure Mohammad would agree.

edit on 11-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Try not to get caught up in the mistake of citing RT.com as some font of fact when it is a political mouthpiece of the Russians who were always going to work against the West who removed that sad pratt Gaddafi.

To OP. It is difficult to judge the politics and motivators behind mobs in the Middle East. The acts appear choreographed and the people involved are inevitably male aged 18 to 24 - student types. Just like the staged Iranian storming of the UK embassy in Tehran, these things are not spontaneous but are manipulated and done to get maximum coverage for whatever silly cause – like a sodding film! It’ll be cartoons next. Prove me wrong.

Regards

edit on 11/9/2012 by paraphi because: typo correction

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ExNihilo

Yes, I know Jesus was brown.
However, Jesus is often portrayed as a bearded white man.

Now, is it saying something to portray mohammad as white even though he was brown just like Jesus is portrayed as white even though he was brown?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This movie was not made by anyone in the U.S.,it was made by the Dutch person that has done this before. This is pure hatred for the U.S. on 9/11 and the last I heard some person out of the embassy in Cairo has written an apology to the Muslim's that are doing this even though the U.S. had nothing to do with the movie.

The problem is not the Muslims, they have been what they are for ever and have not tried to hide it, its the people running the U.S. that you all need to be concerned about, they (Obama) have showen there support for the Muslim Brotherhood and most people have ignored it. ........................I hope you all find a way to ignore it when its in the U.S. in your own damn city, the Muslims won't care if your an Obama minion, to them we are all infidels and if you decide to sell your sole and become a Muslim I doubt they give welfare and food stamps.......................I could be wrong about that, food stamps I mean.
edit on 11-9-2012 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB

Yes, I know Jesus was brown.
However, Jesus is often portrayed as a bearded white man.

Now, is it saying something to portray mohammad as white even though he was brown just like Jesus is portrayed as white even though he was brown?

Nah i think the director was just plain stupid.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ummm, they're mostly white [horrible] actors playing Arabs with awful make up and awful green screens. This movie is not be taken seriously so stop it with the great injustice some white dude is playing Mohammad.

Jesus was Jewish but was Mohammad? I dunno anything about that guy except that he is Islams chosen one.

And thank you to the poster below for providing the answer

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by MeesterB

Ummm, they're mostly white [horrible] actors playing Arabs with awful make up and awful green screens. This movie is not be taken seriously so stop it with the great injustice some white dude is playing Mohammad.

Jesus was Jewish but was Mohammad? I dunno anything about that guy except that he is Islams chosen one.

Arab born in Saudi Arabia

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by My_Reality
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

"By Allah, you have insulted the holy prophet, Mohammed, peace by unto him, and I am going to harm whoever happens to be standing in my path!" ----This is what I imagine is going through their foolish skulls.

It would be amusing if it were not pathetic. For one thing, how would any of them know if Mohammed would be insulted or not. Furthermore, they are directing their anger toward the wrong entity. Christian Egyptians, possibly Coptic, were the folk who created the film. It was not the USA government. It seems like they are using this film as a convenient excuse to disrespect the anniversary of 9/11 and to engage in indiscriminate hostility.

One thing is for sure. These actions continue to prove that certain factions of Islam have no respect for anything other than themselves. The moderate Muslims exacerbate these situations by remaining silent. I am willing to bet that only a very small minority of Muslims will denounce these hostilities. I can only interpret their silence as moral support of these actions.

I usually give Islam the benefit of the doubt in certain situations. Not this time.

That is why I am so afraid of Islamic nations getting their hands on Nukes or capability to make several of them.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

Originally posted by My_Reality
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

"By Allah, you have insulted the holy prophet, Mohammed, peace by unto him, and I am going to harm whoever happens to be standing in my path!" ----This is what I imagine is going through their foolish skulls.

It would be amusing if it were not pathetic. For one thing, how would any of them know if Mohammed would be insulted or not. Furthermore, they are directing their anger toward the wrong entity. Christian Egyptians, possibly Coptic, were the folk who created the film. It was not the USA government. It seems like they are using this film as a convenient excuse to disrespect the anniversary of 9/11 and to engage in indiscriminate hostility.

One thing is for sure. These actions continue to prove that certain factions of Islam have no respect for anything other than themselves. The moderate Muslims exacerbate these situations by remaining silent. I am willing to bet that only a very small minority of Muslims will denounce these hostilities. I can only interpret their silence as moral support of these actions.

I usually give Islam the benefit of the doubt in certain situations. Not this time.

That is why I am so afraid of Islamic nations getting their hands on Nukes or capability to make several of them.

I agree with you on that. It just flat out scary what some of them would do.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Good job NATO. You turned an ally into an enemy. Have to ask, why? What did Mubarek do to piss you off?
Pfft, stupid crap
edit on 11-9-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Just what exactly are they afraid of when such a cheesy and badly done B-movie gets them stirred up like that? Seriously? (Nobody else in their right mind would take it seriously.) Parody happened to shine a light on a soft spot or what?

Ignoring this crap would have been a much bigger blow against any percieved "injustice" since it would have never seen the light of day. Shame they don't seem to know any better than to jump into a trap that gives the film free and widespread publicity while making them look like a bunch of backwards idiots.

This movie was obviously trolling, and they fell for it big time.

And I guess America gets the blame because the dialog is in English? That's makes the rioters look guillable and easily manipulated too.

On the other hand though, if you want more respect for your religion:
1. Trust your chosen deity to be powerful enough to take care business on his own. Mankind shouldn't have to do his job for him. (And that means anybody, a god by definition shouldn't even need to delegate.) Taking action on his behalf makes him look weak and incapable.
2. Stop raging over stupid stuff. It doesn't make you look good. (Besides, if you're deity is all powerful, then those who have slighted him will burn in hell anyways. What's the point in throwing a tantrum for nothing?)
3. Treat other people with the respect you expect to get in turn. It goes a long ways. You'd be surprised.
4. Mind your own business. Relates strongly to #3 above.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hmm...

I'll put it to you all pretty bluntly. The average person in this part of the world is no mental giant. It's true that people will do silly and dumb things all over the place - but it's not all that often you run into an American who is completely illiterate. Sure - it happens with alarming frequency... but I have to deal with Pakistani workers on a daily basis who barely speak one language and can't read their own. Makes the signs we have kind of pointless.

"No cell phones here!"

"Yes sir! *continues talking on cell phone*"

"Damnit! Do you understand me? No cell phones!"

"Yes sir!"

"Oh for the love of...! Look at this sign! What does it say?"

"Yes sir!"

"God damnit!"

Even the Ghurkas - experienced in speaking more languages than I have fingers to count them on - can't find one these guys speak reliably.

And don't think I'm harping on them just for the language barrier. These idiots left the keys to their vehicle at home (remote start). That was once we had to teach them how to open the doors on their vehicle, the hood, where all their damned signals and switches were.... and show them back to the vehicle they got out of.

Born yesterday - I swear to God. We had like five or six vehicles pushed out into the road because the drivers forgot the keys, or had the wrong one.

Then we're constantly putting up with semi truck drivers trying to fit down a narrow road that would be a tight fit for a sports car. It's like their spatial awareness is simply non-existent.

So - to hear about this sort of thing happening in the countries where these guys come from?

No real shocker.

Particularly when you look at places like Kuwait (not the only one with their belief system). They literally believe that you live and die by God's will. Which is why the roads there are the most dangerous in the world (and you'll find cars wrapped 15 feet up in the air around a telephone pole). It's also why helping someone in mortal danger on the side of the road (or in general) is a crime. If you save their life - you interfered with God's will. Which is why they drive with absolute reckless abandon. God will either keep them safe or kill them as his will commands.

So - I say again... no real shocker.

Not all islamic states are that literal about things... but you find that mentality in these parts of the world far more often than you do in others.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Where Terry Jones goes riots and death will follow!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
This movie was not made by anyone in the U.S.,it was made by the Dutch person that has done this before. This is pure hatred for the U.S. on 9/11 and the last I heard some person out of the embassy in Cairo has written an apology to the Muslim's that are doing this even though the U.S. had nothing to do with the movie.

The problem is not the Muslims, they have been what they are for ever and have not tried to hide it, its the people running the U.S. that you all need to be concerned about, they (Obama) have showen there support for the Muslim Brotherhood and most people have ignored it. ........................I hope you all find a way to ignore it when its in the U.S. in your own damn city, the Muslims won't care if your an Obama minion, to them we are all infidels and if you decide to sell your sole and become a Muslim I doubt they give welfare and food stamps.......................I could be wrong about that, food stamps I mean.

Wrong this movie was made in California by a man called Sam Bacile who produced, directed and wrote the two hour film. He is quoted as saying that he had not anticipated such a furious reaction.

Come on who doesn't know that if you say anything bad about Muhammad it will cause riots, this man is ether an imbecile or is trying to stir things up.

Part of the film was dubbed into arabic by Morris Sadek an egyptian-born christian in the U.S. known for his anti-islam views and posted on youtube.

And just as a point of interest Sam Bacile is jewish.

He is also quoted as saying that he plans to make a series of 200 hours about the same subject.

# stirring in the grandiose jewish fashion i think.
edit on 12-9-2012 by astrafax because: adding link

Bacile, a California real estate developer in his fifties who identifies himself as an Israeli Jew, said he believes the movie will help his native land by exposing Islam's flaws to the world. " Islam is a cancer, period," he repeatedly said in a solemn, accented tone.

The two-hour movie, "Innocence of Muslims," cost $5 million to make and was financed with the help of more than 100 Jewish donors, said Bacile, who wrote and directed it.

The film claims Muhammad was a fraud. An English-language 13-minute trailer on YouTube shows an amateur cast performing a wooden dialogue of insults disguised as revelations about Muhammad, whose obedient followers are presented as a cadre of goons.

It depicts Muhammad as a feckless philanderer who approved of child sexual abuse, among other overtly insulting claims that have caused outrage.

edit on 12-9-2012 by astrafax because: Some more stuff

Link to article
edit on 12-9-2012 by astrafax because: moving link

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
So they decide to protest a film on 9/11 or was it an obvious preplanned media distraction from the 9/11 memorial 'coverage'?

First question: who organized this protest to take place on 'this' day?

Second: Any provacateurs within the crowd?

Third: Any unbiased/uncensored freethinking/speaking journalists around to ask these obvious questions?
Inaction and indifference is similar to aiding and abbetting.

Fourth: How many strategic provacateurs have you witnessed who appear at just the right time for just the right distraction and/or agenda as in Problem>Reaction>Solution; Order out of chaos.

There are no excuses.

edit on 12-9-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
My condolences for the family of American killed, all involved in this despicable act by uneducated, radical islamist angry mob should be tried in a court of law.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
...To Those That Believe In These Types of Actions Carried Out By Islamist Extremists...

Allah willing you will stop acting like morons and making your religion look less and less attractive to the world around it.

Silence does speak more so than words, and I am not hearing any condemnation here, not even from the US GOVT.

-Its ok to do these things because you are pissed?

If that was the case- Why stop there? Why not try to bring that BS over here? See how far it will get you.

Americans are still somewhat civilized, can you say the same?

Do you see American civilians pulling this type of crap?

We dont riot and storm the gates over horrible movies..we just dont buy them.

Fix Your Face.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

The Libyan mess is entirely US's fault. They knew they could not afford the changes Qaddafi was about to make in Africa and decided it was of their interest to set the nation ablaze.

What????? What 'Libyan mess'? The Libyan revolution has been the only true revolution of the Arab Spring. The have just elected a liberal government (rejecting extremism en masse) are producing oil at pre- revolution levels, and are looking forward to joining the rest of the developed world. Difference between Libya and the US and Europe is that Libya can actually afford to pay for their development - with cold hard cash.

If the attacks on the embassies is what you are referring to re 'Libyan mess' I would ask that you first cast the mote from your own eye. You don't have numpties in the US (or where ever it is you come from) then?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join