It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feds Can't Catch the Cartels' Cocaine-Filled Submarines

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
With three-quarters of potential coc aine shipments sliding under their noses, United States authorities are having a hard time keeping up with the Latin American drug cartels. Part of the problem, a new report in The New York Times says, is the fact that the famously daring and elusive drug-running submarines aren't just operating in the Pacific Ocean any more. These diesel-powered vessels have taken the Caribbean by storm, and the technology powering them is getting more sophisticated.

This is scary! The US cannot find these subs coming in!
What if a terror group with some nuke's got their hands on one?

news.yahoo.com... aine-filled-submarines-010821526.html
edit on 10-9-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
you'd figure a country with a $1.4 trillion defence spending expenditure that a coast guard admiral wouldn't be saying "My staff watches multi-ton loads go by".

what's more worrying is that americans are under the impression that the united states has state of the art naval warning defences.

but apparently they are being made a mockery of by low tech "subs" barely sea worthy and assembled in remote jungles by illiterate tig welders.

until recently these subs were using snorkels to get air to the engine and i bet these subs now couldn't dive more than 20 ft without imploding.

and wtf is homeland security doing with the $54 billion dollar budget besides groping airline passengers.

the war on drugs american style.

edit on 10-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Man you are so right, I thought between there ocean detectors and satilites nothing could get through!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
For a while the cartels weren't using fully submersible submarines, but semi-submersible vessels. From the pictures I saw of the semi-subs, they were not very far off from developing a fully submersible, long-duration underwater vehicle. They must have gotten actual naval engineers to build these things, because it does take specialized knowledge. I had heard rumors that they could have gotten ex-Soviet engineers to come over and help them. These vessels really are sophisticated submarines, very similar to midget subs used during WWII by multiple countries.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954

What if a terror group with some nuke's got their hands on one?

news.yahoo.com... aine-filled-submarines-010821526.html
edit on 10-9-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

[color=cyan] The only reason I feel these Cartels have power is because the GOV use them as EYES to see terrorist activity. The cartels know if a terrorist tries to send something thru their conduits its a done deal so THEY WONT LET THE TERRORIST DO IT EVEN IF THE TERRORIST OFFERED TO PAY BILLIONS the BOSS of the Cartels would lose money in the future so wouldnt allow NOT TO MENTION HOW HARD IT WOULD BE TO SCRUB A FEW BILLION Dollar TRANSACTION not saying its not happening but the banks are invloved on that level of money cleanse they too dont want terrorist messing up their money. HARD TO CONSIDER BUT ITS POSSIBLE. [/COLOR]
edit on 9/10/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

That view is consistent to how it always seemed to work, it is hard to tell apart the CIA from the MAFIAs. The CIA seems also to be directly involved in the drug trade for funding...

When will drones start a more active part on "the war on drugs" ? Waking some of the figure head off would be as important as killing other non-CIA assets...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
YEP! Somebody is getting paid off!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The major source of drugs comming into this country, fles them in regularly, every day........
Its all business as usual for them and its the goverment whos paying for the gas.......and the planes!
The shadowy dark side of the goverment, is bringing this stuff in......they control it.
Think for a minute......
Now they have been fighting the "war on drugs" for how long???
They admit they have been loosing the battle constantly all the whole time....
With the resouces the entire national goverments of the problem countries have to stop the drugs,
WHY HAVE THEY FAILED???
Yep somebodys getting payed off......I say even running the show from the back side.....while fighting the drug wart for the nightly news......

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

That view is consistent to how it always seemed to work, it is hard to tell apart the CIA from the MAFIAs. The CIA seems also to be directly involved in the drug trade for funding...

Thing is the CIA seems to be play a part of the hidden money maker as well as global observer. So in essence if there ARE other countries involved in making ILLEGAL money to fund their BLACK projects IT MAY HAVE BEEN ASSESSED TO create a group to KEEP up with the GLOBAL illegal GAME SO IF RUSSIA AND CHINA ect. ARE SELLING A DRUG HEROIN WHICH COST MORE PER OUNCE THEN gold IT MAKES SENSE THE US OR WHOEVER THE CIA IS INFLUENCED BY WOULD ALSO PARTAKE IN THE GAME AS WELL considering the other nations getting financially stronger with their TRAFFICKING activities its kind of a security issue, no matter how DIRTY you dont want your potential enemy making massive amounts of money and overpowering you due to legal issues you didnt want to ignore? no they play the global game to stay ahead as grimey as it seems. So there may be similar KGB and other nation similar forces doing this and if noe are stopping then none will follow unless they want their money cut.

Originally posted by Panic2k11
When will drones start a more active part on "the war on drugs" ? Waking some of the figure head off would be as important as killing other non-CIA assets...

All the drones got to do is go on a global move and burn ALL the fields @ the SAME time. Then NON will profit but again the stuff cost more then GOLD so??????

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Why would they even try to stop them unless theres now too much competition and the dealers the feds use don't need there supply anymore due to sub trafficing.

CIA PLANE CRASH 2.3 TONS

And realistically there foolish war on drugs, would be even more useless, if these drugs didn't get through.

All I can say is bring my friends home form guarding opium fields in Afghanistan, stop the damn american government from funding there corruption through the drug trade. And actually try to rid the western world of the scurge that is drug addiction.

Otherwise articles like this in my mind are just more propaganda to juice the public for more money, too stop the, demons that are the CIA from doing anymore harm. Oops I mean the drug cartels but then again there one in the same in my opinion.

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

90% of the worlds Heroin comes from afghanistan, a land that is under the watchfull eye of the united states occupying force. Only way Russia would be able to fund there black projects is by buying the black tar off the americans in the first place,

CIA Opium

So sad it's like the movie american gangster is played out daily and no one seems to care. How really does 90% of the world heroin leave a place, where we control every exit point. Don't need to be awakend to know the answer to that one.

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
How really does 90% of the world heroin leave a place, where we control every exit point. Don't need to be awakend to know the answer to that one.

SaneThinking

I think you know what it is and no dont need to be awaken to see. American G was an interesting documentary SHAME HOW MONEY IS OVER EVERYTHING OR AT-LEAST TRYING TO BE SMH..

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The Feds are the #1 drug traffickers of coc aine and opium/heroin in the U.S. if they wanted it to stop they would but it's way too profitable.

There's plenty of information out there that proves it, just google: cia drug trafficking.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The problem is that the CIA should not have any activity inside the US and they have, they also enable corruption of political and security officials, my bet is that it is in the US government interest to keep Mexico a backwater corrupt nation. Even the way that they permit the US gangs to metastasize in Latin America seems a designed program, it isn't required to be very smart to detect what the effects are and ultimately who benefits, especially when the US dollar is the reserve currency and the US/UK control most of the worlds finances (exception to Germany that has always been a torn to those two powers) and recent events puts them in very good position, just imagine what you could do if you could barrow money at negative interests...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
That is because the Government funds and operates the cartels.

Providing intel on such operations would violate OPSEC.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay Electronica
The Feds are the #1 drug traffickers of coc aine and opium/heroin in the U.S. if they wanted it to stop they would but it's way too profitable.

There's plenty of information out there that proves it, just google: cia drug trafficking.

I do really hate to say this , but you are right! Crap I was hooked four a year with that crap...yep quit with that crap back in early 90's.
Bottom line is the US IS going done the tubes!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think in some respect your way way way off base.

We've been brainwashed into believing your narrative. That cartels smuggle in the drugs. It doesn't work that way at all.

The g--v is the one bringing in shipping containers full of drugs. They are infact bringing in all the drugs. Why else would they go to Afganistan? What's in afgan? Not much. But they do have the biggest poppy fields in the world. They make tons of haroin.

But what they don't like is these small small small fry drug dealers who say try and smuggle something in without paying there duty on it. So they go after those drug smugglers, catch them, and then parade them around as "the drug smugglers" to which all the drugs are coming in from. when they're not. It's the g--v itself that ships in like 99% of the drugs.

the proof is simple. You need TONS UPON TONS of the stuff to feed a nation of 400 million. Therefore they ship it in and sell ti to big time dealers. If it wasn't do that way drugs would be so rare and so hard to come by. but there not are they? Thats because they come in by the ton by the g--v.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Oh no. Now the US is planning to invade Latin America?

This is so going to stink.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
lol the war on drugs is a failure?

wait a second... i thought USA won every war it started

too bad it's all a load of hooey.. if you tell someone "don't do drugs" it still contains the words "do drugs" and since people naturally rebel, they might do drugs

its a scam to put young people (mostly brown/black skinned) into jail

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking

90% of the worlds Heroin comes from afghanistan, a land that is under the watchfull eye of the united states occupying force. Only way Russia would be able to fund there black projects is by buying the black tar off the americans in the first place,

CIA Opium

So sad it's like the movie american gangster is played out daily and no one seems to care. How really does 90% of the world heroin leave a place, where we control every exit point. Don't need to be awakend to know the answer to that one.

SaneThinking

Do you really think every exit point is covered?
Afghanistan is a big place with lots of very inhospitable terrain and a myriad of ancient mountain tracks and paths, some of which can't be seen even when flying overhead.

If the US struggles to stop stuff coming over the border from Mexico, how do you think they fare in a war zone?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join