It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton's DNC Speech

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It looks like the Romney Campaign likes Bill.

"Give Me A Break "

transcript:

VOICEOVER: “As the economy gets worse, Barack Obama calls on Bill Clinton to help his failing campaign.

VIDEO TEXT: “Obama Economy Even Worse”

PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON: “It’s about which candidate is more likely to return us to full employment.”

VIDEO TEXT: “Obama TV Ad”

VOICEOVER: “He’s a good soldier—helping his party’s president. But what did Bill Clinton say about Barack Obama in 2008?”

VIDEO TEXT: “What Did Clinton Say About Obama In 2008?”

PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON: “Give me a break. This whole thing is the biggest fairy tale I’ve ever seen.”

VIDEO TEXT: “23 Million Americans Struggling For Work”

VOICEOVER: “23 million Americans struggling for work.”

VIDEO TEXT: “‘The Middle Class Falls Further Behind’”

VOICEOVER: “A middle class falling further behind.”

PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON: “Give me a break.”

MITT ROMNEY: “I’m Mitt Romney and I approved this message.”

Well, I guess those 23 million vote for Romney !!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

It is absolutly crazy that I have to try to convince Obama haters of facts. People on here trying to discredit Bill and say that he lied the whole time....then say they didnt even watch the speech. I read ATS because this is where open minded people could come together and talk. But the RNC's vast amount of money and brainwashing have reached out this far. They hate Obama and dont know why.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ultimately, a speech is only as good as the truths it portrays. And there were several truths in Slick Willie's speech.

He had his flaws, and so does everyone, but he DID presided in a time of boom and made the right decisions to ride on the boom, showing his acumen on 'true arithmatics' that unfortunately the one whom followed after him failed ABSOLUTELY, no matter the whitewashing and thus the 16 trillion dollars debt today, inherited by the current president.

That is something no mortal can take that away from him, no matter what they say.

And it is true that IF the current awakened generation had not decided on a change to the presidency, and the current president not as gifted in acumen as slick willie was, MANY MORE would have suffered, unemployment would not be at below 9% with an opposition president's hell bent penchant for failed policies of 'privatising profits' but 'socializing debts' mantra, along with austerity drives such as those experienced by Spain with a horrifying GROWING 26% unemployment and high debts repayment.

Many outside USA had laughed at the demise of USA, that it would collapse and be ruin, and had betted huge on it. But TODAY, under the current President, Secretary of State and administration, NO serious human would dare bet on such as they watch their OWN nations crumble instead.

The opposition's elected legislative had shown those economic facts above, and had been a mistake by the electorate in voting in those retarded opposition and now faced the consequences of today, which would had been reversed if the electorate had been wise to elect whole hearted nationalists instead of stubborn retarded opposition hell bent on gridlock.

The presidential campaign is not the end. The BIGGER picture that the parties involve, should start focussing on grassroot actions for the legislative elections, for a cooperative congress to place american lives first, and not party first.

When truths are realized, it is not the end. Actions to correct those errors lay before all that words of truth alone is not enough. May whomever realizes it, be the one worthy to lead the great nation of USA and free world....

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident
And to prove Bill Clinton's points

The economy expanded AGAIN

(check out how the Obama haters turn that into a negative)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You mean they blew up the credit bubble even bigger. Sure it will create a few jobs temporarily but just pushes us faster to financial Armegeddon and will make it all the more worse when those hell hounds are all unleashed...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

Let me guess, the service sector expanded again while the industrial and agricultural sectors either contracted or continued their stagnation, right? Am I supposed to cheer when a few thousand people find employment at Wal-Mart and McDonald's after being laid off from welding together steel frames, extracting iron ore, and owning a small grocery store? I guess that does not make me a team player; oh well.

Of course the economy will grow, that is not in question. It has been. The question however is in what sectors and how are the wages. The last time I checked services accounted for 4/5ths of our economy and the wages are at 1968 levels. Too bad housing, food, fuel, and the general cost of living are still stuck at 2012 levels. Do you really want to know why people seem so ignorant about economic growth under Obama? Show us all the data you want about job creation, gdp growth, and the like, and I will show you a chart with the foreclosures rising, wages plummeting, and good, solid jobs being sent overseas. This is not solely an Obama problem, this is a problem started decades ago but under Obama it has only gotten worse.

But I guess we should all just be grateful people have minimum wage jobs bagging food at large chain stores. Too bad we do not all accept sand as gold.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Bill Clinton, you mean that guy who gave us NAFTA, WTO, Robert Rubin, interventionist war in the Balkans, exacerbated the revolving door between DC and Wall Street, and the repeal of Glass-Steagall? That same Bill Clinton is supposed to be a man we listen to for politico-economic advice and wisdom? You have got to be joking. But, then again, everyone at the DNC was just a big joke so he fit right in. Tonight we get to see the biggest joke of them all appear on stage in all his egotistical glory. It is certainly a fitting end to this three day event known as the Democratic National Circus.

Do not forget to check out Liberals in action.

edit on 9/6/2012 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

Dont forget Dont Ask dont Tell.........I know, they love to pin that on Republicans and Conservatives.......but guess who was responsible for that

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
All i hear is words, yet to see actions!! a very good speech indeed! but what does that even mean??

He sugarcoats obamas failures!..and as a typical politician he weighs the left and right..

Some funny jokes here and there...

Its not long ago! people were outrages!! and now everyone is watching two candidates who are the same.

Waiting waiting ...!

Its really strange NO ONE is talking about the "fiat monetary system" !!

The saying is that Ron Paul is to extremist!! W T F ??! against what? your ILLUSIONS?? ...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Off-topic
edit on 9/6/2012 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The world, and not just USA alone, is facing inflation as well as natural disasters that rose the price of commodities. Is the current president to be blamed for such? It could have been worse, if the right decisions were not made, as had been after the Katrina debacle when the previous govt had been caught flat footed.

The current president was elected in 2008. Unemployment, at the height of the worldwide financial crisis, was at 9% and rising.

Today, USA employment is hovering at 8%, and DO remember, EACH YEAR after 2008, there ARE hundreds of thousands of new entrants into the labour market, enlargement the employment figures as well. That it stayed at 8% in a world where many nations are experiencing DOUBLE digit unemployment rates would be considered good in the current economic malaise of our world.

No doubt wages are low, and jobs service orientated, DO remember, it was the PREVIOUS 'privatise profits' but 'socialized debts' administration that had ALLOWED science, tech and manufaturing to be outsource in the name of personal profits, labelled innocously as ' globalization'.

It will take time to retool american industry, but the steps taken by the current administration to grow science and tech, entreprenuership and better taxation policies, etc, will take time to see a FULL recovery. As it is, those steps are already showing sprouting shoots.

If it had been the opposition - may americans enjoy spanish winters as the spanairds are experiencing now with high unemployment, high debts and unlimited bailouts to the corrupt and the banking class.

Do give credit where credit is due.
edit on 6-9-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
Last night Bill Clinton gave the best speech of the entire 2012 elections and I was expecting to wake up and read all about it on ATS. But I guess those who deny ignorance, also deny keeping up with the news if it good news for Obama.

Well I would guess you just didn't look real hard to find the information you wanted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Here is the link to the DNC thread. Unlike this thread that discusses Clinton's speech, the DNC thread discusses everything that happened at the DNC. So much for your whole "deny keeping up with the news" comment huh?

Honestly, It doesnt matter if you support Obama or Mitt Romney, Everyone should listen to this speech if they have the time. He defends all of the Obama positions that have been attacked, and makes their case quite well. Have a listen and DECIDE FOR YOURSELF who you want to run things for the next 4 years.

It was a good speech. Slick Willy still has "it". I could not help but laugh. By the time Clinton was done, I am sure people could not wait for 2016 so they can vote Hilary into Office just to get Bill back in the White House

That being said, everything said in that speech was not fact. Just do a quick google search, "Fact checking Bill Clinton's DNC speech" and you will find no shortage of articles pointing out the half truths, inconsistencies and misrepresentations.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

factcheck.org...

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Former President Bill Clinton’s stem-winding nomination speech was a fact-checker’s nightmare: lots of effort required to run down his many statistics and factual claims, producing little for us to write about.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Of course the economy will grow, that is not in question. It has been. The question however is in what sectors and how are the wages. The last time I checked services accounted for 4/5ths of our economy and the wages are at 1968 levels. Too bad housing, food, fuel, and the general cost of living are still stuck at 2012 levels. Do you really want to know why people seem so ignorant about economic growth under Obama?

Let's see... The likes of Romney outsource America to death, and Obama gets the blame? Neat.

I completely agree with you that the shift that's taking place now in the skills profile and in the industry in general is bad, really bad. We all wish there were more productive hi-tech jobs in the US. Last I heard, the production and sales of GM Volt are ramping up. This is one of the most advanced vehicles on the market. If not for the much reviled bailout, it would have never happened, and thousands of high quality jobs would have been lost. On the other hand, other efforts to support technology went badly, remember Solyndra?

It's not that Obama is not trying, but try to do anything with the current crop in Congress... Yup there were talks of national high-speed train system, there is little going on outside of California these days.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

And yet the article you linked mentions some of the inconsistent claims and misrepresentations, but calls them "minor"

So far today I have read 5 different articles, from 5 different perspectives. What makes what you linked any more better than the others?

NYDaily News

Washington Post

ABC News

So there is 3 article disputing the one you linked. Which is funny because USA Today printed Factcheck.org word for word today. Want to know something funny about Fact Check.org? You might want to look deep into who runs it, an what connection they may have to Obama before assuming that everything your reading is fact and unbiased. It actually is an interesting story, especially when you find out it has a "Republican" twist, but you may have to dig deep. Have fun!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
My favorite part... is that everything he said was true!

www.politifact.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident
Bill Clinton's speech was AWESOME!

He used logic and dismantled all the GOP lies handily.

In his words, the Dems have create nearly twice as many PRIVATE SECTOR jobs
as the GOP.

Well, yes and no.

Truth be told Bill Clinton was just at the right place at the right time.

Al Gore did not invent the internet but Gore & Clinton took credit for it anyway.

Clintons Administration = 22 million jobs - Wow!

That's because the World Wide Web gave birth to companies like Google, Amazon,

Yahoo, eBay...etc....that appeared out of nowhere.

Jobs !...Jobs!...Jobs!

Learn to look for the big picture and the whole truth.

------------
BTW, half of what Clinton said actually hurt Obama.

Clinton spent half of the time going on and on about - compromise -.

Obama - never - compromises. Obama wants to be king not president.

All you had to do was watch the body language of Michelle Obama.

- Shut up and get off the stage !!!!!!!! -

Obama was doomed as soon as he attacked American Exceptionalism.

- If you've got a business, you didn't build that ! -

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
Have a listen and DECIDE FOR YOURSELF who you want to run things for the next 4 years.

Hmm.... Bill Clinton 2012?

I'll go with that.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
'God father' Of Welfare Reform Act Debunks Clinton

Robert Rector, who played a major role in crafting the 1996 Welfare Reform Act which Bill Clinton signed after having vetoed it twice, debunked Clinton’s claim Wednesday night that Obama actually changed the welfare law to require more work.

This is the second major instance -- the first was when liberal and mainstream media fact-checkers failed to call out the Obama administration for having asserted they had not made any changes to the welfare law when they did -- when a liberal has told a falsehood about welfare and received a complete pass.

Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wow. So I was in middle school when "Slick Willie" was in office, but even I know the following...

Spending during Reagan's two terms (FY 1981–88) averaged 22.4% GDP, well above the 20.6% GDP average from 1971 to 2009. In addition, the public debt rose from 26% GDP in 1980 to 41% GDP by 1988. In dollar terms, the public debt rose from $712 billion in 1980 to $2,052 billion in 1988, a roughly three-fold increase.[4] The unemployment rate rose from 7% in 1980 to 10.8% in 1982, then declined to 5.4% in 1988. The inflation rate declined from 10% in 1980 to 4% in 1988.[2] Many economists have stated that Reagan's policies were an important part of bringing about the second longest peacetime economic expansion in U.S. history, and followed by an even longer 1990s expansion that began under George H.W. Bush in 1991.[24][25] This economic expansion continued through the Clinton administration with unemployment rates steadily decreasing throughout his presidency (7.3% at the start of his presidency and 4.2% at the culmination, with the lowest rate reaching 3.9% in 2000).[26] During the Reagan administration, the American economy went from a GDP growth of -0.3% in 1980 to 4.1% in 1988 (in constant 2005 dollars),[27] which reduced the unemployment rate by 1.6%, from 7.1% in 1980 to 5.5% in 1988, but with peaks of around 10.8% in 1983.[26][28] A net job increase of about 21 million also occurred through mid-1990. Reagan's administration is the only one not to have raised the minimum wage.[29] The inflation rate, 13.5% in 1980, fell to 4.1% in 1988, which was achieved by applying high interest rates by the Federal Reserve (peaked at 20% in June 1981).[30] The latter contributed to a relatively brief recession in 1982: unemployment rose to 9.7% and GDP fell by 1.9%.

Source

Now if we learn our history and do a little math we can all see that "Starving the Beast" a.k.a. Reaganomics contributed heavily to both George H.W. Bush's (POTUS 41) and William Jefferson Blythe the Third's (POTUS 42) fiscal success as Presidents of the USA.

Don't believe it check out this paper from 1992, Link to Paper.

Note: Yes, that's "Slick Willie's" real name, William Jefferson Blythe III, interesting topic too if you check into "Clinton" family's background, but a different topic for a different day.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
'God father' Of Welfare Reform Act Debunks Clinton

Robert Rector, who played a major role in crafting the 1996 Welfare Reform Act which Bill Clinton signed after having vetoed it twice, debunked Clinton’s claim Wednesday night that Obama actually changed the welfare law to require more work.

This is the second major instance -- the first was when liberal and mainstream media fact-checkers failed to call out the Obama administration for having asserted they had not made any changes to the welfare law when they did -- when a liberal has told a falsehood about welfare and received a complete pass.

Hmmm.

Fact checkers have taken on a whole new meaning in 2012.

Fact checker credibility has gone out the window.

They have now been identified. They actually thought they could get away with it.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

lol remember when i said i didnt watch the whole thing? my roommate came through and put on game of thrones and that fantasy story is way more interesting than our American democracy fantasy story, so no i didn't watch commentators after the speech i probably only watch about 15 min of the actual speech, when i wasn't immersed in the threads here on ats. nice try though at a jab. personally i dont care if he lied about banging Monica that's his deal and i know most men will lie just to avoid the wrath of there wife. he didn't lie because he wanted to deceive America, but because he wanted to avoid being punched in the head by Hilliary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join