It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton's DNC Speech

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
In giving any credit at all to Clinton's speech think you are overlooking the fact that most people think Bill Clinton is a reprobate that barely escaped impeachment, that he has a lot of nerve to presume that he has any valid ideas, and that nobody except the democrats would even be interested in hearing him speak in public anyway.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptikal1
In giving any credit at all to Clinton's speech think you are overlooking the fact that most people think Bill Clinton is a reprobate that barely escaped impeachment, that he has a lot of nerve to presume that he has any valid ideas, and that nobody except the democrats would even be interested in hearing him speak in public anyway.

Did his "barely" impeachment have anything to do with his politics?

An embarrassing blight on this country - - trying to take Clinton down - - and none of it had anything to do with his political work.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
All you people spitting out "facts" you heard on foxnews, I pity you. Try watching other channels to get your information. Foxnews brain washes you.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptikal1

People didn't give a damn about his personal life or what he did to Lewinsky. By saying "most people" you mean that you cannot back up your claim with fact and must resort to false generalizations.

The fact is that Clinton had intelligence and charisma that brought a lot of people to the table to talk about solutions. Even worse, he was able to shut his mouth and listen to people, not shut them down when their ideas didn't adhere to his ideology!

Even many Republicans agree that Clinton was effective and deserves respect. I'm a Republican conservalib and I enjoyed his speech. It's nice to hear someone talk that doesn't insult my intelligence.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

It felt like the first time this year somebody sat there talking about real issues, policies and solutions(besides RP). Not hopeful inspiring statements about how great america is.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
He's still got it. I feel that both parties spew essentially the same crap but Clinton has always been able to get people all riled up. Amazing speaker. Does that change anything about the fact that Obama and Romney are the same candidate? No. But it's still fun to watch.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Oh yeah I am gonna believe a guy that was IMPEACHED for lying to congress!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
reply to post by BenReclused

Oh yeah I am gonna believe a guy that was IMPEACHED for lying to congress!

So you know nothing about his politics.

Got it.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Well if you dont beleive him, beleive the fact checkers. Unless your another closed minded zombie, pumped full of anti obama rhetoric over the last few years.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I'm confused as to why that bothers you more than every other politician that has ever set foot on Capitol Hill? Oh, wait I get it... He's a Democrat. How silly of me!

I am so done with chest-beaters of both parties.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Has to the worst heartrending bull crap speech i have ever heard.

The people would pick Clinton any day of the week over Obama.

Where was the substance where was the how were going to fix this mess.

It was more of a 2016 Hillary campaign run speech then anything.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by popcornmafia

You must be lying about watching it. Unlike Romneys or Obamas speech, it was all about how we are going to fix our problems. The meat and potatoes of the democrats defense

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Are you saying that safe sex is a bad idea? Hmm...

Where did I say that? I'm simply saying that it is not a woman's right to force me to pay for her condoms. You want to practice safe sex? Cool. Go get a job and pay for it yourself. I love this idea that the Government wants to force me to pay for condoms with the threat of throwing me in a cage if I refuse. Sound like America?

You haven't seen a nanny state in your life, have you? US a nanny state? Whoa, this just blows my mind.

When the Feds shut down a 10 year old's lemonade stand or raid a farm for selling raw milk, I start to raise an eyebrow. When the "first lady" sits on the tv and tells Americans what to eat while changing school lunch programs, I start to worry. But when the New York govenor decides that the population is too stupid to stop itself from endlessly consuming BIG GULPS I call nanny state.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The GOP's "platform" (do they even have one?) in favor of the super-rich, and big corporations, isn't going to drive the economy forward via trickle down economics, no it will occur through better access to higher education, and the innovative entrepreneurial spirit of new small business owners/starters along with public-private sector initiatives geared towards the development of a 21st century infrastructure. The Dems argument is sound, imho.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think there is more then 1 way to get this economy working again. Obamas way is starting to work, but americas economy in a world wide economic crisis in less then 5 years is unrealistic. We have already started down this path of recovery, it would be unwise to call it quits and put forth a new plan, then wait a new 5 or 10 years for it to start working.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Look! we all know that we are screwed by either elected party. The real and only choice now between the two evils is obvious, even to a few of us (me included) who voted for Obama. The first Obama voters have forgotten what he promised (I have not) and the second voters have lost their minds on hype and BS from Clinton and Obama. Remember this - if Obama had kept just the two first promises he made 1.) "I will bring the troops home in six months if I am elected president" - 2.) "I will cut the deficit in half in my first term - he would have had my vote again if he done those things - but he did not do those two important things that captured a lot of Obama voters the first time. Now you are all hyped up again and are going to make the same mistake twice - you have to be kidding me.

Just think - how many more troops are crippled or dead just in the last month - now multiply that time his months in office - good lord - don't you all get it? - just those two things he did not do cost us good young lives and ships full of money. Who here has not been touched by this crazy continuous worthless BS war - I would be that most of you know someone or have relative that has been affected. And - had Obama brought the troops home it most likely would have cut the deficit by how much? about half in short time. What a moron, and people are going to fall for the same lies? You can't make this stuff up LOL. Obama and Clinton have to go back to the bar and laugh their asses off at us.

I am an independent now - I was raised a democrat and became a republican and hate them both as should you. Lets just say that there is a lot people that should consider doing the same - your blind loyalty to one party is driving this country into the furnace. To many of you vote on one issue and get lost in the hype of the conventions. We are now divided even more than ever - "I will bring this country together if elected president" No matter who is elected all the states have to dance to the tune of the elected administration - what a crock. It is not a pretty picture and those of you who say the party system is to balance the system are full of it. The democrats and republicans have this country bouncing off the walls - we have lost our selves and the country is very angry and most of you know it. But no, you all have some one petty item you are voting for and drag the rest of us into another term of the elected administrations rules and regulations.

Who doesn't know the rich get a good tax break when legally possible? And who here doesn't know most of the rich want to stay rich? For those of you that want the rich to pay more are in la la land - keep taxing them and they will leave, there are plenty of great places for them to live. Where do you think most of the jobs went? ring a bell maybe? I mean what part of that don't you understand? And if you personally by some chance become rich - your going to pay your fare share? - lol - right. You will do just what the rest of the rich do - get a real sharp account and also contribute the party that is going to ease you tax burden - don't kid me or yourself - you know it is true. Check out the Forbes Top 100 richest people - lol half of them are democrats LOL right along with the republicans.

"Bill Clintons speech was inspiring" - "Clinton and Obama look so good together - they look like they could accomplish anything together" newspaper quotes - I want to barf - period. Of course it was inspiring and of course they look good together - that is the way they drive a peg into your brain just like the republicans. We have to wake up and soon. When you look back on any or all candidates background most of us are likely to puke at something they have said or done - so WAKE UP! we need some one that just doesn't lie as much as Obama - he or she may still lie of course - but just maybe might fix some things this time in between the lies.

God help our troops - they die every day and are victims of Obama's first set of lies "I will bring the troops home in six months if I am elected president" for a starter. I hope I am not saying the same thing after the election. I have not forgotten the first promises - period.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

Hate to break it to you, but nobody cares about the dunce Bill Clinton and most people are sick and tired of Obama and can't wait to see him gone. Yes, It really is that simple. Eastwood's speech was better anyway. ~$heopleNation

edit on 7-9-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Your crazy if you beleive that. and clints speech was horrible. He made a reference to an imaginary obama telling romney to go F himself, stumbled over his words over and over, and said, mabey its time to fire obama. No substance whatsoever. But I guess that kind of speech gets a sheep like you going.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Why the hell would anybody want romney to win. This election is not just about the politics of both partys, but something much MUCH more important. This election is about not allowing the RNC to control the United States Democracy with overwhelming amounts of money! Millions and millions have been spent by the RNC the last couple of years to change the thoughts of the vast majority of Americans who voted for a democrat in 2008. If they succeed in that plan, democracy as we know it will forever be at ransom to the highest bidder! WHY IS THAT SO HARD FOR YOU PEOPLE TO SEE?
edit on 7-9-2012 by theconspirator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

I think we all know we want Bill Clinton...lol

I'm not a republican or dem or any party really but if America could vote him in over Obama and Romney it wouldn't even be close.

I'm being 100% honest, I truly think if we let him run right now he would win in a landslide.

Not even that he is the best for the job. He would just win.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join