It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the Curiosity Mastcam high resolution color images?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Up to sol 003 the high resolution imaging captured by the Mastcam onboard Curiosity were ideal for investigation but only a small number of hi-res colour images for successive sols are currently available. In fact, the early imaging was so good that a number of high resolution panoramas were produced but after sol 003 these high quality images dried up.

What we are provided with is a multitude of RAW monochrome images processed by MSSS-Malin, the majority of which are showing a Bayer effect. Although the effect can be reduced by a suitable graphics program they are not really a valid substitue for the hi-res color versions. The thumbnails are available for the hi-res color versions but clicking on the high resolution link only provides a copy of the thumbnail. I have noticed that this peculiarity has been going on for some time. The Mastcam hi-res versions for sol 016 onwards have to have been transferred from Curiosity by now, so where are they?

Could it possibly be that JPL holding back the hi-res color versions because they have noticed that there is the possibility of life forces being active on the surface?

Have any other members noticed that the Mastcam color hi-res imaging is absent from the image catologue?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by arianna

Could it possibly be that JPL holding back the hi-res color versions because they have noticed that there is the possibility of life forces being active on the surface?

Yes...lets jump to the most incredible, earth shattering conclusion first. Forget the fact that Curiosity is 500 million miles away and Nasa are taking things very slowly in order to make sure everything is working....Nope, its gotta be aliens. There cant be ANY other explanation. Its aliens.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 3danimator

You bring it to the point very precisely. I mean, at first its a science mission. There might be data that is more valuable to send. Someone correct me but was it 14 minutes or 7 minutes for the signal to travel one way?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 3danimator

I think your overlooking that they already released several hi res shots, one of our members made a great gigapan out of them that was later deleted from their servers for no apparent reason, and then deleted the thumbnails they had already posted also for no apparent reason, then released their own "crappy' gigapan which was by far a second rate version to the one made already. With once again no apparent reason given.

I also think your overlooking the fact that being millions of miles away doesnt have anything to do with an automated camera taking pictures and sending them to the orbiting satelite to be sent back to earth.

All the hi res pics seemed to stop being released after several anomilies were found and posted here and youtube and many other sites. Which leads to us asking, WTF NASA?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Could you show me any pictures or evidence for those anomalies? Links would do, too.
Thank you in advance.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
All the hi res pics seemed to stop being released after several anomilies were found and posted here and youtube and many other sites

What anomalies exactly are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

What anomalies? Do you mean imaginary things that conspiracy nuts see?

And again, i go back to my point. Maybe a fault has developed with the cam. Maybe they are running diagnostics..maybe ANYTHING normal other than "they found signs of aliens"

And the fact that it is millions of miles away very much does matter. Because they cant just fix it if it breaks, they are doign things very very slowly. Starting up systems slowly, running diagnostics, then testing that system, then starting up another etc....

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Also, Curiosity can communicate with Earth directly at speeds up to 32 kbit/s, but the bulk of the data transfer should be relayed through the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter and Odyssey orbiter. Data transfer speeds between Curiosity and each orbiter may reach 2 Mbit/s and 256 kbit/s, respectively, but each orbiter is only able to communicate with Curiosity for about eight minutes per day.
en.wikipedia.org...

So they probably have more important information to transmit back, but some people just think they should send pictures!

edit on 5-9-2012 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by StareDad

Could you show me any pictures or evidence for those anomalies? Links would do, too.
Thank you in advance.

I thought the mention of 'life forces' may raise a few eyebrows but examinig the images that we do have access to there is plenty of evidence related to tiny artifacts and other objects on the surface. Many of these artifacts are plain to see but you may have to zoom in to recognize them,

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Thank you in advance.

I thought the mention of 'life forces' may raise a few eyebrows but examinig the images that we do have access to there is plenty of evidence related to tiny artifacts and other objects on the surface. Many of these artifacts are plain to see but you may have to zoom in to recognize them,

For the love of god...seeing shapes in rocks is not evidence! How is that evidence???

"Oh look, this rock looks like an opening! Evidence!!"

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
They just recently zapped the rock so I am curious what those results are. We also know they will be doing tests for life in the soil etc.. I am all good with delayed images so they can work on some of the other science projects to answer / clarify some of the other questions science is asking.

For some reason we have this knack of assigning human requirements for life to exist. In my opinion I think we are going to find life in experiments rather than photos.
edit on 5-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3danimator

Thank you in advance.

For the love of god...seeing shapes in rocks is not evidence! How is that evidence???

It's obvious you have not personally examined the surface detail very closely. If you had you would know exactly what I am referring to. I have made a study of the tiny martian life forces over the years and I can assure they are real and they do exist but they are no match for Curiosity.

The finding of very tiny sculptures and carvings on the small rocks is evidence and these anthropological features can be observed in the images we already have at our disposal.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
They took many months to send this craft to Mars. They should at least give us all the pictures directly from the craft without relaying them through another site.

What's the purpose of this other than to censor the images? There is No good reason to do this. JPL or whoever is getting these images, should get them at the same time the rest of the world is. NASA does not own MARS. These pictures should be free and available to all the human race.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
They should at least give us all the pictures directly from the craft without relaying them through another site.

There is nothing stopping you setting up your own antenna and decoding them yourself.....

NASA does not own MARS. These pictures should be free and available to all the human race.

If you want your own pictures of Mars, send your own probe.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I have made a study of the tiny martian life forces over the years and I can assure they are real and they do exist

Yes, we know rocks exist on Mars.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The Mastcam hi-res versions for sol 016 onwards have to have been transferred from Curiosity by now, so where are they?
How do you know that they even exist?

Not very likely, as if they had noticed that they wouldn't publish the photos.

Have any other members noticed that the Mastcam color hi-res imaging is absent from the image catologue?
Have anyone noticed that the number of images they show in the site is not the number of images available for that camera/Sol? For example, Rear Hazcams, Sol 29, 4 images, but when we select that Sol we can see only two images.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
sorry.
edit on 5-9-2012 by SlasherOfVeils because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3danimator

Thank you in advance.

You will find it's a habit of his rocks on the Moon that everyone else saw as rocks were not to arianna they were buildings, it's a shock it took so long to hint at his mm martians on this thread

top topics

join