It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Edsinger was President .... My first 100 days!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
(1) Install a flat tax and FIRE the entire IRS. Instant Government downsizing. Get a real job! Repeal the Income tax while I am at it, its illegal anyways.

(2)Paycuts for Congress! They couldnt vote against it could they? Just make me a stronger Pres if they did. It should be an honor to serve and not a $$ adventure. PLUS every last one of them would from that day forward have medicare for their health and Social Security for retirement. Then they will fix it. Oh yeah and term limits, if you want to make a name do it fast.

(3)Instant 30% Payraise for the troops, retention no longer a problem, standards for entrance go up, quality gets better (not that it is bad now)

(4)Drop the other tax rates even further, watch the $$ and Capital flow in. This has to be stretched in 4 stages of the 4 years so as to not shock the economy to quickly. Government revenue should increase at a surprising pace. All surplus's go to paying off the foreign debt as fast as possible, we pay ourselves back soon enough.

(5)Freeze all governement spending for 2 years! NO INCREASE at all. Helps keep No. 4 from being to hard of a shock. Find ways to downsize it even further, by 15-30%

(6)Reorganize the Military to let the Generals conduct their jobs without me standing over their backs. Allow them to do missions with squads and not armies if you get my drift. By less junk and let technology be the investment.

(7)Deploy Enough Troops on the Border that you couldnt fit a gnats ass across it unless we wanted you here, if you are here and you shouldnt be and you dont come clean, it is a long damn swim, better start!

(8)Drill For oil wherever we have it and tell the oil companies if the screw the environment, their tax rate triples! Western Europe, get your own supplies.

(9)Tell the Europeans, that OK you have a big economy, pay for your own defense, were leaving. BTW dont piss the Russians off cause we will be busy.

(10)Tell China get North Korea under control and if you want to trade with the United States you must stop pegging the yaun to the dollar and start practicing free trade.....You have 3 months to get it done.

(11)Tell the nations of the world that IF and only IF they all come to the table and NO nations are exempt from the full pains of implemeting good stewardship of the Earth, we can discuss the Global Warming issues. Otherwise, dont bug me I am busy.

(12)And finally if I am not shot by this time, Tell the UN to get lost and take your arse to Geneva, we can do better.

Oh yeah, tell France PUBLICALLY to kiss our arse!

Goodnight

[edit on 14-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
edsinger for Prez!!!

damn all those ideas are great.

i would also propose simply mining our borders (with adaquate warning signs and fences)

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
(9)Tell the Europeans, that OK you have a big economy, pay for your own defense, were leaving. BTW dont piss the Russians off cause we will be busy.

Russia is like your new step brother who's just waiting to be alone with you, so he can give you your "welcome to the family" beating.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by __rich__
i would also propose simply mining our borders (with adaquate warning signs and fences)

I always wanted to put a big mote there, with Pirahnahs(sp?)! Not only would it be effective, but entertaining.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
you have no idea of what it's like to run a country.... fine become president and watch the country fall apart. No more powerful US.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I really like idea #2 a lot!

As for the rest, I think our country has bigger problems at the moment than our defense.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Luckily for me i dont live in the USA and luckily for the USA your not really running...

I dont agree but hey thats politics.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
No more powerful US.

Well that is a matter of opinion, I think it would be a boon to US power.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yes edsinger you will be great as enforcing world domination, edsinger I wonder how old you are. But occurs that is personal.

I know you have claim to be veteran, but at the same time you said that you served you country in the 80s. Remember to be considered a candidate to president everything you said will be brought up back to damage your qualifications.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Yes edsinger you will be great as enforcing world domination, edsinger I wonder how old you are. But occurs that is personal.

I know you have claim to be veteran, but at the same time you said that you served you country in the 80s. Remember to be considered a candidate to president everything you said will be brought up back to damage your qualifications.

Yes, in the Mid 80's and I am in my 30's

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
(4)Drop the other tax rates even further, watch the $$ and Capital flow in. This has to be stretched in 4 stages of the 4 years so as to not shock the economy to quickly. Government revenue should increase at a surprising pace. All surplus's go to paying off the foreign debt as fast as possible, we pay ourselves back soon enough.

Cutting the tax rates doesn't mean that revenues will increase.

(5)Freeze all governement spending for 2 years! NO INCREASE at all. Helps keep No. 4 from being to hard of a shock. Find ways to downsize it even further, by 15-30%

What about the payraise for the troops?

Besides, cutting back on essesntial goverment services just puts more burden on the public.

(6)Reorganize the Military to let the Generals conduct their jobs without me standing over their backs. Allow them to do missions with squads and not armies if you get my drift. By less junk and let technology be the investment.

Technology that costs money, right? how are you going to pay for that?

(7)Deploy Enough Troops on the Border that you couldnt fit a gnats ass across it unless we wanted you here, if you are here and you shouldnt be and you dont come clean, it is a long damn swim, better start!

More troops = more spending.

(8)Drill For oil wherever we have it and tell the oil companies if the screw the environment, their tax rate triples! Western Europe, get your own supplies.

And the oil companies will just go ahead and pay the triple tax, then pass the costs onto us.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
1. Flat tax, interesting idea, certainly something to examine. It would make a less complicated system.

2. I personally don't have a problem with this. In the Senate I believe virtually everone of them is a multimillionaire already anyway.

3. Troop pay raise is good, as long as the budget is balanced.

4. Lower taxes are good. I am personally in favor of lean mean government. Not sure how this jibes with having a flat tax. Wouldn't a flat tax apply across the board? That would make it easiest and most efficient to apply.

5. Spending freeze, hmmm. Probably political suicide. Forcing government to critically look at all programs is not a bad thing.

6. Actually listening to a totally blunt and honest military is excellent. With some give and take discussion on possible adaptations, but giving the heaviest weighting to the generals who have the experience. [I know you will hate me saying this, but this is one of the problems with the Bush handling of Iraq.]

7. I assume you mean most importantly the border with Mexico? If so I agree completely. This is not going to be a easy or cheap task, but if we are not going to become a suburb of Mexico City, this is absolutely necessary.

8. This i take strong exception to. I don't mind developing methods and technologies that allow minimal footprint, minimal eco-damage and their careful use. By simply wrecklessly drilling and mining for fossil fuels simply speeds up the time when we hit peak oil [& peak coal]. We have to quit squandering non-renewable resouces It will leave us less subject to foreign influence and help us keep our own resouces longer, which will give us more time to develop replacement technologies.

9. Somehow I suspect you will do this rudely. If you can keep your cool and make it a gradual drawdown, I don't have a problem with it. But you should keep in mind going into Afghanistan and Iraq was, I believe, somewhat easier working from German bases.

10. North Korea is a very touchy subject. Not only do they have several nukes, they have a history of selling weapons to terrorists and in addition they have missiles which may be able to strike the west coast of the US. Have to confess some ignorance on the effects of having the yuan pegged to the dollar.

11. I hope you would accept most nations including all current industrial powers, with all signatories pressuring non-signatories to comply reasonably.

12. Ah the devil is in the details, Not being shot can be problematic. I hope you would push the UN to clean up the corruption there and turn it into the world's guidance body it could (should?) become.

Not sure I would vote for you. Would have to see you campaign and where your personality and charater were at.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Luckily for me i dont live in the USA and luckily for the USA your not really running...

Not luckily...THANK #ING GOD!!!

If edsinger ran this country we'd all be dead, if I didnt shoot him first. And I live 2 streets over from Pennsylvania Avenue!!

The only thing on that list that I agree with is #5. We cant spend and try and get out of INCREDIBLE debt.

And definately saying "screw the environment" would STOP you from getting elected. Even alot of righties probaly wouldnt go for somebody that just wants to "screw the environment"

What do we breath? Air. What does air come from? Trees and plants. What happens if the trees and plants dissappear?? Do you need a little help on that on?

Earth-Trees+"screwing the environment"=NO AIR!!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think that if Bush is elected, the United States will leave the United Nations anyway. I'll be very sorry to see that, because it'll mean that the U.S. will either:

1) Dictate to the other countries how negociations on key issues should proceed and what the end result should be - generally in favor of American interests.

2) Retreat from international discussion venues and international efforts and center on itself and its agenda.

Sadly, from what I've seen on this board (see, notably, the discussions on the Cairo agreement in 1994 and the new corollary declaration this year), the discourse of a good portion of American politics seems to be that even if 150 countries sign an agreement at the UN, if the U.S. objects, those countries are obviously all wrong and only the U.S. is right.

If that is indeed the discourse America wants to hold, there is no international dialogue possible. You cannot bend 175 countries to the will of only one.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
dreamlandmafia, maybe you misunderstood. edsinger said he would let the oil companies drill, but IF THEY screwed the environment, then their tax rates would triple. he did not say screw the environment.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
edsinger for prez!!!!!!

that is what should be done.... if only that actually did happen

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'd welcome deportation with you as president.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Honestly, astroblade, triple taxes probably don't mean very much to them.
Try something more serious like they will be put out of business.
Ya know, like we are SERIOUS.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
dreamlandmafia, maybe you misunderstood. edsinger said he would let the oil companies drill, but IF THEY screwed the environment, then their tax rates would triple. he did not say screw the environment.

With his bad grammar and spelling, it was kinda hard to tell.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
One question.... Can I be vice president?????

I'd like to see the repeal of just about every gun law as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join