It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Edsinger was President .... My first 100 days!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well, if I were President:

1) I would recall all non essential troops in combat or combat support roles and allow them a good, long vacation. then they would be rotated on the borders, in heavy patrol. They would also be assigned to work ports of call and inspect suspect containers.

2) The tax code would be written that every person making less than 45,000 per year would have issued to them exemption cards that would in effect, eliminate any tax burden. In addition, those earning above 45k would be apportioned in their tax burden, not to exceed 10% on any income level. To compensate, we would impose a 1.5% federal sales tax on all goods and services, excepting health services and products, and non 'junk' food classes.

3) Discretionary spending on the federal level will be mandated to be 0%. In actuality, we would commision a panel to actively study government budgetary matters and work to eliminate 'pork'. The goal would be to trim at a minimum, 5% of the budget.

4)Iraq- Immediate implementation of plan to add 50k troops to the force, through active coalition action and push in NATO for deployment of the rapid action force. In addition, draw plans for a twelve to eighteen month pullout. Bring many facets of Iraqi forces, in rotation, to US bases to train. If these actions do not suffice to quell the insurgency and bring a security to the region, then begin adding troops until a sufficient force is established to allow rapid reconstruction efforts. After the success, implement the pullout procedure.

5) Increase military pay, paid for by the cutting of discretionary spending.

6)Tort reform of medical liability. Achieved through limiting damages,a nd types of suits and injuries that can be claimed. A fall in a Wal Mart because you disregarded a 'wet floor' sign, or suing your doctor because you didn't take his/her instructions seriously, or he diagnosed you based on information you provided that was not complete, is rediculous. I realize this supposedly only accounts for 1%, but noone ever talks about the fear factor that influences countless millions of dollars in 'defensive medicine' and doctors premiums going through the roof. The fear factor is much larger.

7) Along the same lines, cap damages. None of this 'I got a rash from a medication my doctor told me would give me a rash if I did x...' for 9 million dollars and such like nonsense.

8) Deport all illegal immigrants.

9)Raise the minimum wage to 6.00 and watch for inflation. If inflation gets out of hand, do not raise the minimum wage any further to limit the damage.

10) On jobs, impose stiff penalty on corporations that move more than 1000 jobs overseas in a given timeframe. In addition, offer tax incentives and favorable status to corporations that import more than 1000 jobs in any given calendar year, and then an additional bonus for maintaining the employment level. Paid for by the federal sales tax (in part).

11) On afghanistan, maintain current troop levels, and as the Iraqi pullout gets under way, rotate 25,000 troops through Afghanistan for 30 days on their way home. Primary purpose is capture of OBL. (if OBL caught prior, negates rotation in Afghanistan.)

More to come, but that's a start.

LL1

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Medical coverage, will it be equal Congress'?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
1. Flat tax, interesting idea, certainly something to examine. It would make a less complicated system.

Yes and much moe efficient, unless you consider all the unemployed accountants
Plus I firmly believe that the governement revenue would increase proportionally as the economy grows. Remember either a flat tax or consumption, but I perfer the flat tax in the nearterm.

2. I personally don't have a problem with this. In the Senate I believe virtually everone of them is a multimillionaire already anyway.

Not all are when they get there, but they are by the time they leave! The free ride is over.....elected servants not moochers

3. Troop pay raise is good, as long as the budget is balanced.

Well if it can be, but the moral and quality should be no.1, the budget can be balanced with cuts elsewhere, this one is not on the table for negoitation

4. Lower taxes are good. I am personally in favor of lean mean government. Not sure how this jibes with having a flat tax. Wouldn't a flat tax apply across the board? That would make it easiest and most efficient to apply.

By these other taxes, I mean state mandated crap to grow thier government spending like the feds do, states can have a bit of fiscal responsibility also

5. Spending freeze, hmmm. Probably political suicide. Forcing government to critically look at all programs is not a bad thing.

Yes exactly, no RASIES for any governement employees either, a performance based raise in the 2 years on just how well they help me get the job done, I know I would not be relected if I survived that long, lot sof poeples free rides would be over

6. Actually listening to a totally blunt and honest military is excellent. With some give and take discussion on possible adaptations, but giving the heaviest weighting to the generals who have the experience. [I know you will hate me saying this, but this is one of the problems with the Bush handling of Iraq.]

I somewhat agree but you have to keep in mind interservice rivalry. This can be a big problem when the Marines are telling you they can do it better and cheaper than the army. Bush had plenty of tropps there to take Iraq, but the insurgency came a bit more of a surprise. It just goes to show how bad the Islamic fundementalists dont want a free iraq..

7. I assume you mean most importantly the border with Mexico? If so I agree completely. This is not going to be a easy or cheap task, but if we are not going to become a suburb of Mexico City, this is absolutely necessary.

Yes and with a combination of limited military support and massive INS sqauds and technology, that border would be tighter than a nut with JB weld

8. This i take strong exception to. I don't mind developing methods and technologies that allow minimal footprint, minimal eco-damage and their careful use. By simply wrecklessly drilling and mining for fossil fuels simply speeds up the time when we hit peak oil [& peak coal]. We have to quit squandering non-renewable resouces It will leave us less subject to foreign influence and help us keep our own resouces longer, which will give us more time to develop replacement technologies.

Well technology can be to our advantage here, we have #piles of coal so we can quickly get off foreign oil, but to do that we ahve to use what we have and time to get it done, not drastically stunting the American living standards

9. Somehow I suspect you will do this rudely. If you can keep your cool and make it a gradual drawdown, I don't have a problem with it. But you should keep in mind going into Afghanistan and Iraq was, I believe, somewhat easier working from German bases.

Look I will be blunt blunt this, with friends like this..well U know. Look the UK will allow us to have the stopover bases and other countries will gladly let us in, Poland for one. Rude? Just what they hell are they, we have tried to be the nice guy to many times but when the chips are down, you must ACT like a friend also

10. North Korea is a very touchy subject. Not only do they have several nukes, they have a history of selling weapons to terrorists and in addition they have missiles which may be able to strike the west coast of the US. Have to confess some ignorance on the effects of having the yuan pegged to the dollar.

Well We can build ashield that will negate the missle threat, but if you paid attention, China would be forced to take care of this problem and quickly I might add.

11. I hope you would accept most nations including all current industrial powers, with all signatories pressuring non-signatories to comply reasonably.

Look if it is fair, I will listen, the way it was set up was for the US to bear almost he entire costs, we would have been penalized for being a sucess. Plus wether you agree or not, the science of this is not iron clad, we might be a loy closer to an ice age than global warming

12. Ah the devil is in the details, Not being shot can be problematic. I hope you would push the UN to clean up the corruption there and turn it into the world's guidance body it could (should?) become.

Nope! I would rather start over.......A CLEAN slate, it should be an honor to be a member and standards would ahve to be met, not just a politicalarm of the ANTI -US crowd

Not sure I would vote for you. Would have to see you campaign and where your personality and charater were at.

well I did inhale, I drink beer, I am not perfect and I have an agenda to better the world that I came into, the best thing I can leave my children is a safe world and maybe the dream fo new worlds to come. Later, I will post my next 6 month plan.....

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
Medical coverage, will it be equal Congress'?

Hell no! Not until the last American has just as good as they had, so therefore they would have to fix it quickly and smartly.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
With his bad grammar and spelling, it was kinda hard to tell.

Got me there, doing three things at once.....oh well....I dont spellcheck my posts...go figure that one......

Plus I type really poor, fastest 4 fingers you ever saw though.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I'd welcome deportation with you as president.

Cya wouldnt want to be ya, hows lets say Beruit sound?

EDIT : Scratch that, how bout Paris? that way you will be happy, no reason for me to be an ass...

[edit on 14-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
One question.... Can I be vice president?????

I'd like to see the repeal of just about every gun law as well.

Maybe

Patience grasshopper, the liberals are just beginning to hate me

Gun laws.....?? hehe hmmmmmm

Little preview
.....DONT TREAD ON ME!

[edit on 14-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
69.57.144.30..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Better leave the job for the big guys in DC. We'll all be safer

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
At last, the author concedes that any person could do a better job as POTUS than the incompetent incumbent. Including himself.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
At last, the author concedes that any person could do a better job as POTUS than the incompetent incumbent. Including himself.

Yeah but you wont vote for me , and Bush will be elected not me. And he will do much better than Skerry.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The flat tax is a great idea..... Just to give the libs a bone, maybe a 3 tax bracket system

lower middle and upper class, with the % difference slightly higher for the rich

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Yes, in the Mid 80's and I am in my 30's

No offence, but i find that hard to believe judging from your inititaves.

You seemed to be very myopic and self-interested; not good elements for the president of the largest secular and pluralist country in the world. Drill for oil and screw the enviroment you say ? Well, what about 3 generations of American afterwards, how well will they bode with pollution being a major contributor of death in the land of the home and free ? Why in the world would you send your troops to the border? Do you reall expect China to land 100 thousand troops of the coast of America?

You, sir, would make a horible president.

I've scaled a tidbit, the rest is self-evident.

Deep

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
No offence, but i find that hard to believe judging from your inititaves.

well I am , over 35, born in the sixties!

Originally posted by ZeroDeepYou seemed to be very myopic and self-interested; not good elements for the president of the largest secular and pluralist country in the world.

Secular? huh? Better check that again......Last large bastion of Christianity, unless you count China and Brazil.

Self interested, hmmm

I seem to not be that way in my life, I help my fellow man when I can. I am not a beast at all. I just dont like being stepped on and if I am I become a rattlesnake and I bite. I am tired everything that my country stood for being eroded before my eyes and many people thought this country worth dying for as do I. The political correctness, envirowinnie # has to stop! So I do what I can and I speak out, even in public! I just love to talk to politicians, I chew their ass no matterthe party!

Originally posted by ZeroDeepDrill for oil and screw the enviroment you say ? Well, what about 3 generations of American afterwards, how well will they bode with pollution being a major contributor of death in the land of the home and free ?

ou would read it again, you would realize that I cant type for #. It says, if THEY screw......anyhow, I think man comes first. Not the three-legged-titmouse nor the sabre-toothed-panty-cricket.

We should be good stewards of the environment but not to draconian means, you know after all we were given dominion over it. Oh you probably would;nt understand that one. Sorry.

Originally posted by ZeroDeepWhy in the world would you send your troops to the border?
Do you reall expect China to land 100 thousand troops of the coast of America?

Let me say this again, CHINA has no NAVY yet, and the last time I checked no one does that can do an invasion of the US. Mexico is a problem, not invasion wise, but standard of living wise. We need to do whatever it take to bring them up to a modern country like Canada and the same standards. Nafta is helping that even though its painful.Troops to our border would only be a stopgap fix, but border guards yes.[/b

Originally posted by ZeroDeepYou, sir, would make a horible president.

Well I beg to differ, I have all these dreams but I probably would have a congress that impeaches me for drinkning a beer.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
1) I would recall all non essential troops in combat or combat support roles and allow them a good, long vacation. then they would be rotated on the borders, in heavy patrol. They would also be assigned to work ports of call and inspect suspect containers.

when the job is done, I agree. Except not the borders on a permanent basis soldiers are not police. If we need police hire some.

2) The tax code would be written that every person making less than 45,000 per year would have issued to them exemption cards that would in effect, eliminate any tax burden. In addition, those earning above 45k would be apportioned in their tax burden, not to exceed 10% on any income level. To compensate, we would impose a 1.5% federal sales tax on all goods and services, excepting health services and products, and non 'junk' food classes.

I could live with this, if you promised less givernment spending in the bargain

3) Discretionary spending on the federal level will be mandated to be 0%. In actuality, we would commision a panel to actively study government budgetary matters and work to eliminate 'pork'. The goal would be to trim at a minimum, 5% of the budget.

oops you did , but I would look for more like 10-20 over 10 years

4)Iraq- Immediate implementation of plan to add 50k troops to the force, through active coalition action and push in NATO for deployment of the rapid action force. In addition, draw plans for a twelve to eighteen month pullout. Bring many facets of Iraqi forces, in rotation, to US bases to train. If these actions do not suffice to quell the insurgency and bring a security to the region, then begin adding troops until a sufficient force is established to allow rapid reconstruction efforts. After the success, implement the pullout procedure.

here is where we differ bigtime,
(1) NO more troops, get the Iraqi's trained t do the policeing.
(2)NATO? Well maybe if the French arent involved, didnt they drop out a while back because it would actually have to make them fight if needed?
(3)NO timetable for pullout. we leave when asked to leave.
(4) Iraq's training here, I will have to think bout that one.
(5)That might be closer than you think

5) Increase military pay, paid for by the cutting of discretionary spending.

I dont give a crap how we pay for it but we will find a way and it will be a damn fine paying job to be a US soldier

6)Tort reform of medical liability. Achieved through limiting damages,a nd types of suits and injuries that can be claimed. A fall in a Wal Mart because you disregarded a 'wet floor' sign, or suing your doctor because you didn't take his/her instructions seriously, or he diagnosed you based on information you provided that was not complete, is rediculous. I realize this supposedly only accounts for 1%, but noone ever talks about the fear factor that influences countless millions of dollars in 'defensive medicine' and doctors premiums going through the roof. The fear factor is much larger.

thats a start, hey how about this also, lets start an attorney season? You know, 3 months with a bow, 3 with shotgun, and 3 with a powder gun? Give them three months off for breeding as they will need to replenish after a bit.

7) Along the same lines, cap damages. None of this 'I got a rash from a medication my doctor told me would give me a rash if I did x...' for 9 million dollars and such like nonsense.

Well take the license to practice if they goof more than would be expected. Hold them to standards that make sense,

8) Deport all illegal immigrants.

Right with ya and Barbara Streisand and Michael Moore while we are at it

9)Raise the minimum wage to 6.00 and watch for inflation. If inflation gets out of hand, do not raise the minimum wage any further to limit the damage.

I could live with that for a start, btw the wife make min wage

10) On jobs, impose stiff penalty on corporations that move more than 1000 jobs overseas in a given timeframe. In addition, offer tax incentives and favorable status to corporations that import more than 1000 jobs in any given calendar year, and then an additional bonus for maintaining the employment level. Paid for by the federal sales tax (in part).

nope, give them an ECONOMIC reason to stay. You nailed it with tax breaks. No incentives, that is subsidizing themif psid by the taxpayer

11) On afghanistan, maintain current troop levels, and as the Iraqi pullout gets under way, rotate 25,000 troops through Afghanistan for 30 days on their way home. Primary purpose is capture of OBL. (if OBL caught prior, negates rotation in Afghanistan.)

Nope make the man think he is safe. If he is alive we wil get him/ Pull out of Afgahnistan we they ask us to leave. It is a larger war the these two countries m8

More to come, but that's a start.

Good Job

kix

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
7. I assume you mean most importantly the border with Mexico? If so I agree completely. This is not going to be a easy or cheap task, but if we are not going to become a suburb of Mexico City, this is absolutely necessary.

Yes and with a combination of limited military support and massive INS sqauds and technology, that border would be tighter than a nut with JB weld

Bet you never been to the arizona or sonora Desert, its much worse than Irak and its infested with critters, good luck with the budget on troops support on a permanent basis.....

Also, lets say for arguments sake that the border is CLOSED for illegals or illegal activity, tell me what would you do to help the 4 to 7 million drug addicts in America that need their "fix" and that fix crosses the south border every day?....good luck dreamer, ops I forget you will probably kill them too..

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

The only thing on that list that I agree with is #5. We cant spend and try and get out of INCREDIBLE debt.

You dont agree with number 2#? You think they need to make more money or they are making a fair amount now?

I think number 2# is a great idea

Also getting china to stop fixing their money low would be great.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kix
Bet you never been to the arizona or sonora Desert, its much worse than Irak and its infested with critters, good luck with the budget on troops support on a permanent basis.....

Yes I have , pretty barren isnt it? Just how do them damn illegals do it?

Originally posted by kix
Also, lets say for arguments sake that the border is CLOSED for illegals or illegal activity, tell me what would you do to help the 4 to 7 million drug addicts in America that need their "fix" and that fix crosses the south border every day?....good luck dreamer, ops I forget you will probably kill them too..

First of all, that was uncalled for. but hey take your shots.

What would I do....hmm...grow our own? Tax IT maybe?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I am in my 30's

haha I dont believe you

[edit on 15-10-2004 by electric squid carpet]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I agree almost entirely with all the points on your list. Others have posted some moderation or changes that you have approved or will look at again.

You would be my choice for president! I realize this is all a big dream, but it sounds good to me.

Most of us have pondered some of the changes you would make. Guess they will never happen though.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by electric squid carpet

I am in my 30's

haha I dont believe you

[edit on 15-10-2004 by electric squid carpet]

Well I can't help it.......but there is one thing.....it is the TRUTH.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join