It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament Fairy Tales

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I actually drew someone's attention to that point lately. They were prattling about the "Father, Son, and Holy Ghost", and I asked them, "Do you even understand what those are? Where they come from? Their importance?"

I didn't get an intelligible original response.

The fact is that, just like every other sacred trinity in history, father/son/ghost represents three very important aspects of life:

Father = Mind

Son = Flesh

Holy Ghost = Spirit

When all three are in balance, that is when you are healthy. There is a reason that 3 is a good number in the Hebrew lifestyle.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Thanks for your reply So why not call yourself an agnostic? Do you get some kind of special decoder ring or badge for the atheist title?

You're welcome. I really enjoy this topic. I'm an atheist because I don't believe (zip, zero, zilch) in any biblical god. Sometimes my body trembles knowing that so many people believe in an all-knowing, all-powerful, invisible being who created the whole universe, and who lives in another dimension called heaven.

Curious about your statement that absolute nothing has ever existed. Are you implying that the Universe is eternal, and cyclical? Could you clarify your opinons on the origin of the Universe for me? I'd be interested in hearing more

You can add zero plus zero through out all of eternity and it is always going to come up zero. There can not exist a space with nothing in it. If you suck everything out of a plastic bottle it will collapse. There is no reason to think that space wouldn't collapse if there were absolutely nothing in it. I believe the reason for the existence for the universe is so very simple.

It's a matter of default. Meaning, if it can be said that a cloth is not dry, then by default it must be in some state of wetness. If it can be said that a baseball is not stationary, then by default it must be in some form of motion, even if it is sitting in the trunk of a moving car.

Now, if it can be said that there is no such thing as a state of absolute nothing, then by default there must be a state of something. And that something is energy. If you blow up a balloon, the air inside is causing pressure against the sides. That pressure is energy. In space, I have no idea what the energy was before it transformed into matter, but it was there.

Just by the mere fact that there is space, it means there's something. Space is not nothing.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Could you clarify your opinons on the origin of the Universe for me?

My opinion is that when Edwin Hubble figured out that if we reverse all of the galaxies that can be seen, they would come together into a singularity. But, we have a hard time with the concept of BIG. We think our planet's big, but it is so tiny compared to planets like Antares.

So, we really have no concept on just what Big is until we actually see it.

Below is an image I made that is just an example that shows how much of the universe Hubble saw in order to determine his theory on the the singularity.

He couldn't fathom what might lay beyond what his telescope could see. Look at everything outside the red ring I made, and imagine even more galaxies going on and on and on and on.

We can't possibly know or believe that EVERYTHING came from ONE singularity. If there was a Big Bang, then it was actually a little bang, maybe a black hole that burst, that created THIS tiny region of the universe. With other little bangs popping up like popcorn throughout the unknown parts of the universe.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Also, to confirm, are you saying that you do not believe consciousness is possible outside of the physical realm? How would you reconcile this idea with the effect it has on quantum physics?

Scientists have a nickname for the workings in the quantum world. They call it 'quantum weirdness'. Why do they call it that? Because they don't understand it yet. So, for anyone to assume intelligent consciousness before we fully understand it, well, it's just way too premature. And, wrong.

You just got an idea. While you work on it in your head, you apply reason to make sure that your idea is logical. Tell me, where in the conscious nothingness is the compartment that holds 'reason'?

With your idea, you call up memories from past experiences to see if they fit into your idea. Tell me, where in the conscious nothingness is the compartment that holds memories?

Also, in the conscious nothingness what is used in place of the synapses that move the 'reason' and the memories in your brain to the other part of your brain that is working on the idea?

In a computer, there are memory chips, processing units, and there are wires that carry information from one application to the next.

And, we're to accept that there's a consciousness with NONE of these physical attributes? No. I don't buy it for one second.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

How would you feel about the human race if billions of grown adults believed in the all-powerful earth?

I'm sorry, Born. Because you misunderstood a simple statement like, worshiping the earth, I see no reason to discuss anything further with you.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

How would you feel about the human race if billions of grown adults believed in the all-powerful earth? No matter where you went people would say things like, Praise the earth. The earth works in mysterious ways. The earth loves you.

You mean all the pagans that the Church slaughtered, before taking their traditions and beliefs and incorporating them into its own philosophies?

I'd say that's a pretty hefty compliment paid to the worshippers of the Earth. At least they didn't destroy it and each other for the sake of "Whose god is bigger and badder". And you want to sit here and ridicule it?

You know nothing of what you speak.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by borntowatch

How would you feel about the human race if billions of grown adults believed in the all-powerful earth?

I'm sorry, Born. Because you misunderstood a simple statement like, worshiping the earth, I see no reason to discuss anything further with you.

Peace.

What I did understand was that you havnt learned a thing from Pol Pot and thats sad. You think that starting again will fix everything, as if people will change, again sad. You think people are good and its religion that is bad, that is sad.

People are bad and they twist good things into bad to things. Thats the fact you dont uinderstand
Your whole context is backwards. Thats sad

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
God’s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. Romans Ch. 1

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

Absolute religious drivel (IMO).

I am quite thankful that there is no such thing as this anthropomorphic, spiteful, primitive and insane god, outside of religious delusion. His word seems to suspiciously echo what we might expect from some ancient uptight and illiterate religious nazi. He sounds like the god of sexual repression. About as tolerant, compassionate and intelligent as your average viper.

Ever had a truly original thought regarding spirituality? What is consciousness? What is a simple thought, where does it originate, what is an emotion? How do they work, do they work together? Do you put thoughts there, or do they just appear on there own? Could you stop them if you wanted to? Do you have deep understanding of your relationships? What is the mind? What is compassion, ever studied yourself everyday to see it in action, to see how it operates, to see if you even have it? Take a year, as much time as you need, reflect on it every day?

How does matter become alive? How does it become conscious? What exactly is matter? What is energy? What does science say on it, what do you say from your own observations? Why are some creatures (not just humans) capable of great selfless virtue? Evolution? Why can there be such conflict between our instincts and what we know to be right? Do you love anyone, hate anyone? Why? Do you forgive easily, or does it cause hurt, ever studied it in yourself? Ever tried meditation or discipline from some other tradition, just out of curiosity, to see what happens, as a way to gain any possible knowledge of yourself or the universe? Perhaps none of these things matter? What is truth, from your own observations and experience, aside from what your book says? Is it within, come from outside? Is there a truth at all? Where, how, why?

Ever wondered how people fall for cults and their doctrines? The processes and psychology involved? Ever taken the time to find out? It is one of the most fascinating subjects of all.

Do you search on your own, whether it conflicts with your book or not, or just accept what is given to you in this very "iffy" book of pseudo wisdom and myths?

edit on 24-9-2012 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by: jiggerj
Now, if it can be said that there is no such thing as a state of absolute nothing, then by default there must be a state of something. And that something is energy. If you blow up a balloon, the air inside is causing pressure against the sides. That pressure is energy. In space, I have no idea what the energy was before it transformed into matter, but it was there.

Ah-HA...A cognizant statement that I can relate to!
I knew if I read enough of this thread I would find what I was looking for...

The Energy, before it transformed into matter, was He who has alway been, and always will be. The Alpha and the Omega. The First and the Last. It's perfectly logical to conceive that the "singularity" was and is, GOD...

It fits your conclusion, perfectly. If He is Everywhere, and there was nothing but Him, He speaks the Word, and becomes the Universe! And, Everything in it!

edit on 9/24/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: I can...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

You're welcome. I really enjoy this topic. I'm an atheist because I don't believe (zip, zero, zilch) in any biblical god. Sometimes my body trembles knowing that so many people believe in an all-knowing, all-powerful, invisible being who created the whole universe, and who lives in another dimension called heaven.

In my opinion it is kind of an invisible martial law, but visibly you can see the people (sheep) dumbed down, disoriented and just plain paranoid to the point of being worthless. They are a detriment right now to the Christians and to the saints who are still wanting to get something accomplished on earth.

You fat fraud you believe in No God and no Creator and you go to the salvation army or agency you do it with(when you run out of food stamps) and places to get food and have places to go where you still believe in a place to hang out and have fun in blue jeans. You are voting for Romney right because of his dog Samus that he hangs on top of his car and he is a strong believer in God. God GOD GOD.
edit on 25-9-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkScheppy

In my opinion it is kind of an invisible martial law, but visibly you can see the people (sheep) dumbed down, disoriented and just plain paranoid to the point of being worthless. They are a detriment right now to the Christians and to the saints who are still wanting to get something accomplished on earth.

You fat fraud you believe in No God and no Creator and you go to the salvation army or agency you do it with(when you run out of food stamps) and places to get food and have places to go where you still believe in a place to hang out and have fun in blue jeans. You are voting for Romney right because of his dog Samus that he hangs on top of his car and he is a strong believer in God. God GOD GOD.
edit on 25-9-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

So tell me is the Mormon God of Romney, the same as the Christian God, the Islamic Allah or the Jewish Yehovah?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

They are all the different sides of one thing - although admittedly, the different sides have become warped over the years, due to the people advocating them. If you weren't always looking out one tiny window, you would see that.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Im not positive... just an opinion, however the opinion is based off many years of study. It would only "complete" the story of Jesus, Adam, and mankind himself. So in my opinion it is only logical from where I stand and what I see and have learned over the years about the "story".

I remember another another thread someone said Saint Patrick was a proxy of the Catholic church sent to Ireland to basically subdue the Irish under the imperial arm of Christianity. That is a crock, but the fairy story that he drove away the serpents from the island but rather use that as a discussion than knocking Jesus and the apostles like Paul who were good people. making me wonder if I should ever tip my hat off to a indefatigable veteran, we are in spiritual war and veterans are humans not any different from the rest of us. Look at some of the buildings that the ancients built, ziggurauts and pyramids, tell me that a devout higher sense of place in the universe was not there. And what have war veterans now done, besides rack up huge expensive billion dollar bills for wars that make people in the world hate us more and more. Bizarre, but not bizarre when you know they are controlled by fear.

Watered down males in our world don't like men in the bible and so they bash them, that sucks.
edit on 25-9-2012 by MarkScheppy because: ad

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Really? I mean, REALLY? And the mature religious adults with an IQ over 80 believe this happened? Come on now.
-------------------------------------
Religion has been an ongoing conspiracy against the masses for thousands of years. Isn't it time to really look at what you're buying into?

edit on 9/4/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Yeah quit our "jobs" we are really having some great productive careers, nit picking bible verses on the internet and our jobs at factories and fast food, building parts that are getting outsourced to china or our jobs so we can buy and purchase sweat shop manufactured textiles from places in taiwan.
edit on 12-6-2013 by MarkScheppy because: a

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Why don’t churches stress more the “talents” that God gave us, uh what could be more american that that?

I dream about homeless people that need help, not get terrified of them, and say that I would rather help people in a remote country, to me that is a fairy tale, that things are just going to get along great with people.

You need a sturdy sheild (full and fluffy).. Spiritual war is being waged in the church as well, most of them are victims to it.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by autowrench

I actually drew someone's attention to that point lately. They were prattling about the "Father, Son, and Holy Ghost", and I asked them, "Do you even understand what those are? Where they come from? Their importance?"

I didn't get an intelligible original response.

Phony BS “after life” insurance. We’re talking about fish that swim right? Well how many fish do you see in church that are swimming? If anything the church is making the water so unswimmingable.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Oh yeah another bash the Bible thread. Does it take more faith to believe Jesus was the Son of God or to believe in the Big Bang?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkScheppy

Really? I mean, REALLY? And the mature religious adults with an IQ over 80 believe this happened? Come on now.
-------------------------------------
Religion has been an ongoing conspiracy against the masses for thousands of years. Isn't it time to really look at what you're buying into?

edit on 9/4/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Yeah quit our "jobs" we are really having some great productive careers, nit picking bible verses on the internet and our jobs at factories and fast food, building parts that are getting outsourced to china or our jobs so we can buy and purchase sweat shop manufactured textiles from places in taiwan.
edit on 12-6-2013 by MarkScheppy because: a

What?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Oh yeah another bash the Bible thread. Does it take more faith to believe Jesus was the Son of God or to believe in the Big Bang?

I don't believe in the Big Bang the way it is presented to us at this time. I'm sure it will change, while the ridiculous stories in the bible will never change.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join