posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:05 AM
reply to post by MRSeeker
We should really look into what we're saying when we discount God because science has figured out a few tricks.
It isn't science that debunks god - religion does it on its own. We don't need solid facts to disprove religious beliefs. All we have to do is look
at all the illogical claims to know that the biblical gods aren't real.
1. There were thousands of messiahs worshiped before Jesus was born, but out of all those Jesus is the REAL one?
2. God was never born and will never die - He is eternal. Yet, god made man in his image and likeness. Well, if god is eternal why does he need a nose
to breath with? A mouth to eat with? Can god die of suffocation or starvation?
3. Yet, god made man in his image and likeness. On that likeness part, do you really want to worship a god that is like us (warring, hateful,
4. God is all-knowing, yet there are a few passages in the bible where god is quoted as saying, "Now I know..." To Abraham he said, "Now I know
that you fear me." If god is all-knowing how could he NOT know this before testing Abraham?
5. Of the ten commandments - thou shalt not steal, murder, lie, sleep with another man's wife - do you honestly believe the people of that time
didn't already frown on such behavior?
I could go on and on, but if you're THAT religious you will just come up with wholly irrational excuses for these inconsistencies.