New Testament Fairy Tales

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

In a universe of infinite size that is billions of years old and a human life span of about 80 years.. I would not be so certain of anything

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by jiggerj

In a universe of infinite size that is billions of years old and a human life span of about 80 years.. I would not be so certain of anything

I don't see the connection to my statement? Are you referring to all the saints that rose from the dead and roamed the city after Jesus was crucified? If so, I am absolutely, positively, 1,000,000% sure that this did not happen. And, if there is such a thing as guilt by association, then Jesus also did not rise from the dead.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I don't see the connection to my statement? Are you referring to all the saints that rose from the dead and roamed the city after Jesus was crucified? If so, I am absolutely, positively, 1,000,000% sure that this did not happen. And, if there is such a thing as guilt by association, then Jesus also did not rise from the dead.

So what
Who cares what some person in the good ol US, who has never done anything much for anyone other than those he cares about or knows.
In a few decades time you will be dust and a memory...maybe, God aside in a generation you will be nothing.

This dead and ressurected Christ, who you dont believe in, (as if your opinion is even remotely valid) inspired millions, healthcare, education personalized care. lasting relationships.better family life better marriages character building and an unbelievable plethora of other spinoffs
Men who are witness to Christ were killed wholesale, never took up arms and defended themselves. Wrote books and sacrificed their lives, because of what.
What you think happened or not is completely irrelevant, neither were you there or have studied in depth enough to make a comment, if you had your comment of being 1,000,000% sure would be tempered by logic.
You accept the big bang though its illogical yet deny the possibility of a ressurection.

If Christ did not rise from the dead, why are you wetting your pants right here now, and continuously on this forum saying the same.
Why do you hate, why do you fan the fire?
Because you are driven by what is beyond your own control, you cant walk away from it, it owns you. Your hate of the ressurection proves its validity.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I just think Jesus at the end of his evolve-ment (atonement) showed and told people on Earth he Transcended time, and did so in real time, to show people there is life after death.

Im not positive... just an opinion, however the opinion is based off many years of study. It would only "complete" the story of Jesus, Adam, and mankind himself. So in my opinion it is only logical from where I stand and what I see and have learned over the years about the "story".

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I was not there. So cannot know. Logic and my experience is life tell me that did not happen. I would even place a wager that it did not. But I cannot be certain that it did not happen. The universe is far older than me. I only have limited experience. Logic is a human tool that we use to understand the universe. It is only a tool. It can create models of the universe. They are models. They are not reality itself. Im just trying to say we seem so certain of so much. When really we do not know..

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

So what
Who cares what some person in the good ol US, who has never done anything much for anyone other than those he cares about or knows.
In a few decades time you will be dust and a memory...maybe, God aside in a generation you will be nothing.

This dead and ressurected Christ, who you dont believe in, (as if your opinion is even remotely valid) inspired millions, healthcare, education personalized care. lasting relationships.better family life better marriages character building and an unbelievable plethora of other spinoffs
Men who are witness to Christ were killed wholesale, never took up arms and defended themselves. Wrote books and sacrificed their lives, because of what.
What you think happened or not is completely irrelevant, neither were you there or have studied in depth enough to make a comment, if you had your comment of being 1,000,000% sure would be tempered by logic.
You accept the big bang though its illogical yet deny the possibility of a ressurection.

If Christ did not rise from the dead, why are you wetting your pants right here now, and continuously on this forum saying the same.
Why do you hate, why do you fan the fire?
Because you are driven by what is beyond your own control, you cant walk away from it, it owns you. Your hate of the ressurection proves its validity.

Spoken like a true fanatic. We don't need proof because the lie does good things for us. And, I don't believe in the Big Bang. I don't believe everything came from nothing. I don't believe that time didn't exist before the universe was supposedly had its beginning. I don't care where the BS comes from, religion OR science - I still call it BS.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
I just think Jesus at the end of his evolve-ment (atonement) showed and told people on Earth he Transcended time, and did so in real time, to show people there is life after death.

Im not positive... just an opinion, however the opinion is based off many years of study. It would only "complete" the story of Jesus, Adam, and mankind himself. So in my opinion it is only logical from where I stand and what I see and have learned over the years about the "story".

In a religious debate, Cardinal Pell (a CARDINAL) from Australia said that Adam and Eve weren't real, that it is just a story. Here's the problem with that. If the Catholic church's stance is that Adam and Eve didn't exist, then guess what? No original sin! And, if no Adam and Eve, then all the begats in the bible that lead from son to son, from generation to generation, can't go from Adam to Jesus. Symbolically, the Cardinal killed Jesus and the whole catholic religion.

Supposed bloodline Adam to Jesus

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by jiggerj

I was not there. So cannot know. Logic and my experience is life tell me that did not happen. I would even place a wager that it did not. But I cannot be certain that it did not happen. The universe is far older than me. I only have limited experience. Logic is a human tool that we use to understand the universe. It is only a tool. It can create models of the universe. They are models. They are not reality itself. Im just trying to say we seem so certain of so much. When really we do not know..

Star for that. You're right, we really do not and cannot know so many things of the past and of the universe. But if it smells like BS, then I'll call it BS until someone proves it's perfume.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Symbolically, the Cardinal killed Jesus and the whole catholic religion.

To take it at face value, as I do, the catholic church killed Jesus, or at least have been attempting to, for millenia...

Christians worship the resurrected Christ, and understand that His Godliness allowed Him to overcome the grave.

But, walk into a "church" based on catholicism, and you will see them worshipping Jesus' mom, money, and a big statue of a dead Jesus. Can you say symbology? They would rather portray the Christ, as He appeared, lifeless on the Cross of Calvary, instead of as the Divine Spirit that conquered death and now dwells within, and exists for Eternity.
edit on 9/22/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: I can...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Paul talked about charity but the Templars were not that. How many banks do you know lend you money for free.
They were better that is when they got into Satanism, and ancient rituals that may have toned down their violence but not the agenda. . Really the heavenly city was always in the heart of the person who believes, so why the agenda to go and conquer Jerusalem.

The real question about Christianity is love. So if the Templars captured someone and tortured them to death how is that love? Catharsis for all of the barbarian brutality that they were apart of in Europe.
edit on 22-9-2012 by MarkScheppy because: ad

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Catholics have a habit of attacking the Bible, like this, due to wanting to put the authority in the Pope. Irrelevant of right or wrong, their motivation is very suspect.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

God again, the enforcer of evil and embarrassment. Yeah God is definitely an alien something that was imposed on tribal behouin peoples of the egyptian plateau.

"Had I but served my God with half the zeal I served my king, he would not in mine age have left me." you can buy a little I love aliens mug substitute reality for a fake mental image of what you believe.
edit on 22-9-2012 by MarkScheppy because: ad

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

I Like your posts very much.

And i feel that Paul should be a New Testament Myth

Thank you very much [Said in an Elvis voice]

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
reply to post by jiggerj

Catholics have a habit of attacking the Bible, like this, due to wanting to put the authority in the Pope. Irrelevant of right or wrong, their motivation is very suspect.

If they can't attack it they burn it unless Paul wrote it. Then oh well the only New Testament writer that NEVER Met the man gets all the credibility.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
But, walk into a "church" based on catholicism, and you will see them worshipping Jesus' mom, money, and a big statue of a dead Jesus. Can you say symbology? They would rather portray the Christ, as He appeared, lifeless on the Cross of Calvary, instead of as the Divine Spirit that conquered death and now dwells within, and exists for Eternity.

I take it that you haven't walked into the catholic churches that I have walked into, because the ones I have walked into have the crucifixion as the the central theme but they often also have the image of christ risen. Yes they have Mary and and the saints, but they also have a chirst that beat death and cleansed man's sin.

Christ on the cross is given center stage because it is the greatest sacrifice.

Probably because it helps to remind the flock that handing over their dollars and cents is just a minor sacrifice.

edit on 23-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hermit777

It's not a matter of he gets all the credibility, lol.

It's that Christ vouched for what Peter would do, and Peter vouched for Paul.

Christ's telling Peter:

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."

And Peter's commentary on Paul:

14 Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, 15 and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, 16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.
The only caution given about Paul's writing is that it's difficult to understand, and distortable. Christ's teaching was radical, but it was done fairly simply. Paul can be really complicated. Complicated things can be easily abused.

For instance, Christ kept it simple:

What is the law to be interpreted by?

34 But when the Pharisees heard that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered themselves together * *. 35 One of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, 36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" 37 And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' 38 "This is the great and foremost commandment. 39 "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' 40 "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."

When the Apostles got together to decide what the Greek Christians should be bound to, form the law, one of the issues was "meat sacrificed to Idols". Problem is that a city like Rome, the only way you were getting meat was from a vendor that sold cooked meat from idol sacrifice. So, what is a Christian to do when they go into a home with meat in the middle of Rome? They are to first, love their God, then love their neighbor whom they are eating with. Paul, in 2 separate books dealt with this specific issue. All he had to do was quote Christ, and keep it simple, but no, he went into a good bit of detail and even explained some of the psychological behavior of the 2 having the conflict. Here and Here.

And by psychology:

2 One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only. 3 The one who eats is not to regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to judge the one who eats, for God has accepted him. 4 Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
This is what I'm talking about. It is the habit of the one who sees a freedom to see the other person as a slave to their own mentality. It is easy to be disgusted with the slow-brainer/no-brainer. It is pretty normal for someone who sees something as a "moral imperative" to want to force the other into following the moral code that they don't believe in. And this was an Apolistic COMMAND to not eat the meat.
edit on 23-9-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Spoken like a true fanatic. We don't need proof because the lie does good things for us. And, I don't believe in the Big Bang. I don't believe everything came from nothing. I don't believe that time didn't exist before the universe was supposedly had its beginning. I don't care where the BS comes from, religion OR science - I still call it BS.

No no no, I am sorry. I am just replying to a true fanatic.
All you do is spout hate.

Carefully listen and discern Your hate and anger makes you look like you are mentally anguished, you act as if you cant function because some people choose to believe in Jesus.
Seriously does that sound like a normal level headed person...think about it.
edit on 23-9-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I will say this much. My interactions here on ATS have taught me an immense amount of things. Through dialog, debate, and conflict with others (as well as friendships) I have learned SO MUCH. Unfortunately, the one thing I have learned that is predominant is this: There are "believers" and "non-believers" and very few people in between.

I would like to see a day where all the evidence can be considered in an unbiased fashion, but I suspect that day will never come, as long as things remain as they are.

I have enjoyed the doubters in these debates. I have enjoyed the haters. They have fueled my learning more than any church ever has, and I have learned more than I ever could have otherwise.

With every false flag revision of history in an effort to mock or discredit the bible, I learn more about each. It's been a wonderful experience

For that, I thank the haters and the lovers alike

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

No no no, I am sorry. I am just replying to a true fanatic.
All you do is spout hate.

Carefully listen and discern Your hate and anger makes you look like you are mentally, you act as if you cant function because some people choose to believe in Jesus.
Seriously does that sound like a normal level headed person...think about it.

Someone who believes in an all-knowing, all-powerful, invisible being who created the whole universe and lives in another dimension called heaven is asking me if *** I *** sound like a normal level headed person?

Why is it spouting hate when commenting on how impossible it is that dead saints rose from the dead, on how there is no connection between being crucified and the forgiveness of sins?

Why is it you can't see all the evil things done in the name of a make-believe god? A make-believe god that you will teach your kids to believe in, and they will teach their kids, and the foolishness just goes on and on and on.

It's not hate, Bornto. It's total embarrassment for mankind. Religion and gods were fine when we were ignorant beasts, but we're not anymore. It's time for humanity to grow up and say goodbye to their invisible friends.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Someone who believes in an all-knowing, all-powerful, invisible being who created the whole universe and lives in another dimension called heaven is asking me if *** I *** sound like a normal level headed person?

Why is it spouting hate when commenting on how impossible it is that dead saints rose from the dead, on how there is no connection between being crucified and the forgiveness of sins?

Why is it you can't see all the evil things done in the name of a make-believe god? A make-believe god that you will teach your kids to believe in, and they will teach their kids, and the foolishness just goes on and on and on.

It's not hate, Bornto. It's total embarrassment for mankind. Religion and gods were fine when we were ignorant beasts, but we're not anymore. It's time for humanity to grow up and say goodbye to their invisible friends.

No I am not asking, I am saying your hate for my faith proves your are not level headed.

You are fighting a battle. Do you deny that?

Why is it you cant see all the things done in the name of greed politics and lust and deny them, why is faith your ONLY target. Read your own posts

It is hate when you blame only religion and God and deny humanity is at fault.
You blame Christians and your own actions prove its not religion. Its people like you and the way you choose to act.

Funny, its atheism that teaches humanity is ignorant beasts, and yess your actions and anger prove it.
Grow up and get along

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join