It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament Fairy Tales

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Jigger please, listen I can't draw. If I could then I could show you a thousand mile wall, what it looks like on my paper and how bad the people who don't believe in a good for us, God, whatever..
The bigger churches and their "big" ego competitions that have nothing to do with faith. That is why many of the congregrations are sinking. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Well God is the director the best director up in heaven and watching. Did you get some sun Maddona?

One nation UNDER GOD! indivisible with libery and justice for all. Those words are important to me. They should be important.

About jobs yeah. Jesus was a carpenter.

The world feels like it is ending the crusade will be over soon. But strong metal courage of the persevering will say of heart, says there will not be an end until there is an end. Crusade lives!

Amen. I said, it’s quite pregnant. Worthy is the lamb that was slain Jigger. Yeah looking for a different path.

Don't call God he won't answer unless you repent!

Busta did your claim. Really.

Jigger Response Two.What, what is it, please tell me what's wrong??

The bible is more than a colorful children's book. But there is a war going on right now against that.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by MarkScheppy

Really? I mean, REALLY? And the mature religious adults with an IQ over 80 believe this happened? Come on now.
-------------------------------------
Religion has been an ongoing conspiracy against the masses for thousands of years. Isn't it time to really look at what you're buying into?

edit on 9/4/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Yeah quit our "jobs" we are really having some great productive careers, nit picking bible verses on the internet and our jobs at factories and fast food, building parts that are getting outsourced to china or our jobs so we can buy and purchase sweat shop manufactured textiles from places in taiwan.
edit on 12-6-2013 by MarkScheppy because: a

What?

If this is such great advice why don't we all just quit our jobs. Let's teach our kids that when they grow up they have no need to save money for the future, no need to spend money on food and clothing. Yep, real super advice.

Yeah quit our "jobs" we are really having some great productive careers, nit picking bible verses on the internet and our jobs at factories and fast food, building parts that are getting outsourced to china or our jobs so we can buy and purchase sweat shop manufactured textiles from places in taiwan.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Check the carousal. Athiests check your own carosal. Lucifer was a fallen angel. That is not a thing to take lightly. They are taking god out of the textbooks, you would think that would be enough for the athiests. But not with digital angel, microchip in your body watching everything you buy and eat. T

That is, uh, that's bread pudding! Hysterical

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Jigger hope you aren't naked as many unbelievers in the bible were. People are stocking up on canned foods now.,.Why are they stocking up on canned foods? Why are the rockefellers building underground seed vaults to store seeds for what reason, what emergency could this be a preparedness for??

Sell your parka Jigger, you won't need it in hell, that is where you are going if you don't wake up!

Not sure who to ask on that type of verse. My IQ is over 80 and I don't know, or don't understand it. My IQ is over 80 and I don't know, or don't understand (it could be true....)

Jigger you are mostly just a jigger. Do you know what you are saying even? about jobs..yeah
Do you believe in spirituality? "In God we Trust" that does not mean God as the jews believed but now.
Gods as the elites (want us culled.) And they are going to probably destroy that currency and replaced.
edit on 15-8-2013 by MarkScheppy because: aa

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
reply to post by MarkScheppy

My words are flat on this screen, so I may come across as sarcastic, but believe me, I'm not being sarcastic at all. When you say god is a present help, where? Is he helping in the middle east with all the beheadings and religious intolerance and spousal abuse, child abuse, rape, murder - I'm talking about the very cradle of the three monotheistic religions. If I were this god I'd sink the whole region and be done with them.

Is god helping in Egypt?

Is the Christian god telling the people of Africa to wear condoms to protect themselves from disease? No.

Where is this helpful god you speak of?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Cognitive dissonance. You will automatically adjust your thinking to preserve your beliefs, regardless of what situation you are faced with. It doesn't help that the most popular religions of the world seem designed to complement that sort of mental gymnastics.
edit on 15-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Double post.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The bigger churches and their "big" ego competitions that have nothing to do with faith.

This faith you speak of, it is THEE most destructive force on this planet. You have your faith, he has his faith, she has her faith, and none of them agree with each other. And that's why people are fighting each other right now. They want you to have the exact same faith. This actually wouldn't be so bad if that faith was in a totally peaceful and benign god that inspires his children to be the best they can be in any endeavor, instead of being the god of 'Don't do that, Don't do this, Don't think this, Don't try that...' This is a god of restrictions, commandments, and punishments.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Worthy is the lamb that was slain Jigger.

Slain?
Let's add a few more words to this god:
One must die to be reborn.
Jesus died for our sins.
God killed all of the firstborn of Egypt.
God killed everyone in a flood.
God ordered the Jews to kill whole civilizations.

Why can't you see a murderous, evil, bloodthirsty god in all of this?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Blood magic. The Abrahamic god utilized blood magic to absolve the world of sin. And that came from the guy who declared that no witch be suffered to live. Isn't blood magic a black art? Isn't it considered a dirty, pagan practice? Oh, right, it's labeled as a "sacrifice" and sanctioned under the guise of offerings! The fact that they shed its blood doesn't mean a damn thing, right?

WRONG! It is magic. It is an act of power, an act of intention. The fairy tale is that the Abrahamic god wants to save us from ourselves. No, he wants to save himself from himself, using us. We are the pawns who grant him power, we are the servants who give him authority. Everything we do for him, we could do for ourselves. He knows that. Oh, does he know that.

The truth? I'll give you a truth. The "him" that knows all of this is INSIDE of us. We give power to the worst part of us. We have committed the most atrocious act of all. We have divided ourselves. Even down to the mind, the heart, the soul. We have divided ourselves. And we have mistaken division for unity. Half of us is the Abrahamic god, and the other half is his servant. Each man is divided into these two. This is why we feel powerless, because we are set upon ourselves. We are our own willing slaves. We have each taken our blade and buried it in our own feet. A self-imposed trance, hypnosis, a state of subjugation that we have initiated and we have perpetuated.

The perfect piece of magic, is it not? The perfect prison. The prison that has no walls, no chains, and no key. A prison of thought, a prison of the heart. A prison of fear. Fear of what? Of being finite. Weak. Limited. Of being less than perfect. And why do we want to be perfect? Because we believe its our destiny.

That's the fairy tale. That's it. Perfection. When is perfection not perfection? When it is peace. When you are at peace, perfection is like a mountain of gold. You don't want it or need it. You don't need or want anything. You are happy, and that's the end. Like those fairytales with Prince Charming slaying the dragon and sweeping the princess off to a glorious castle overlooking a brilliantly breath-taking mountain view complete with a lake and a glistening emerald forest, complemented by an enchanting symphony of bird song. Do you really need that? Would you trade your life for that? Would you trade this reality for that one?

Perfection is a whimsy that haunts those who are terrified of never being good enough. Perfection is a dream that tantalizes the hunter of broken hearts. And how can you ever hope to be content if you are forever presided over by an entity whose happiness is determined by everything but itself? If you admire a being whose satisfaction is found in control and purity?

That's what I call a fairytale. The quest for perfection, and the quest to serve in its name. Perfection will do nothing but rob you of meaning. Perfection is the thief in the night, the prize that is no prize. In the moment of your greatest satisfaction, you would lose every reason to be satisfied...for you must either sacrifice perfection, or you must sacrifice meaning. In fact, it seems that the more perfect you are, the more likely you will turn to the destruction of all inferior life forms...because that's all you have left to accomplish. Once you are perfect, all that's left is the elimination of everything imperfect. Sound like someone we've heard of?

That's why it is a fairytale. There is nothing to treasure in perfection. It is an illusion...and it will only lead to misery and destruction.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

In another thread it was suggested that I read the New Testament. Admittedly, it's been years since I've done this, but I used to read it often. Like the religious today, I allowed my eyes to glaze over the utterly ridiculous parts. I don't do that anymore. For instance, the following are considered the wise words of Jesus:

----------------------------------------
And then there's this from the NT.

-------------------------------------
Religion has been an ongoing conspiracy against the masses for thousands of years. Isn't it time to really look at what you're buying into?

Im not sure how I missed this thread... good questions actually

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?

If this is such great advice why don't we all just quit our jobs. Let's teach our kids that when they grow up they have no need to save money for the future, no need to spend money on food and clothing. Yep, real super advice.

That's not quite what it means... Jesus wasn't saying quit your job and forget about every day events and needs in your life.... It basically means "put your trust to God"........ There is a plan for each of us in our lives...

Matthew 27: The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus’ resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Really? I mean, REALLY? And the mature religious adults with an IQ over 80 believe this happened? Come on now.

This passage is just an embellishment from the writer to make Jesus more "god like" ... It likely never happened.

Similar to walking on water...

Whilst you're reading the NT try to focus on the words of Jesus... not the narration.

Most things make more sense that way...

Good thread though... S&F

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Whilst you're reading the NT try to focus on the words of Jesus... not the narration. Most things make more sense that way... Good thread though...

Thanks.

Please tell me what words of Jesus are so profound that no mere human could've thunk them?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Sure...

Think about what life was like 2000 years ago...

Better yet just read the OT... or anything about the history of that time...

Then read this...

And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.

21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.

25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.

26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

edit on 16-8-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God. 21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

Thanks for the laugh, Ak. What these words of wisdom tell us is that we should not feed, give money to, or take away peoples' misery because they would lose their place in heaven. Good to know.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Sure... Think about what life was like 2000 years ago... Better yet just read the OT... or anything about the history of that time...
reply to post by Akragon

I'm thinking of deserts in this biblical area. Any other place in the world people could go into the woods and hunt and fish every day for food. So, maybe Jesus could've had a few words of wisdom telling people to move to another region.

And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God. 21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

Now, why does a man's income level qualify (or disqualify) him from heaven?

24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.

We live on this earth for 35 to 90 years, so for having a bit of money for this very short time disqualifies people from the richness of heaven for all eternity?

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

I'm not seeing this mercy anywhere in the bible.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You have to understand that Jesus and Yahweh are not the same entity, they are complete opposites that were forced into one by manipulation. Jesus taught mercy and forgiveness, Yahweh did not.

If you see the story around Jesus' words as manipulated, you may get it. Jesus' words are truth, the story around them isn't always true. The miracles and resurrection were fabricated to pave the way for the church and its influence/manipulation/indoctrination.
edit on 16-8-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Thanks for the laugh, Ak. What these words of wisdom tell us is that we should not feed, give money to, or take away peoples' misery because they would lose their place in heaven. Good to know.

You have to read the whole passage brother...

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

I'm thinking of deserts in this biblical area. Any other place in the world people could go into the woods and hunt and fish every day for food. So, maybe Jesus could've had a few words of wisdom telling people to move to another region.

Move to another region...

I guess they could just take a taxi... eh?

Now, why does a man's income level qualify (or disqualify) him from heaven?

Why would you assume it does?

We live on this earth for 35 to 90 years, so for having a bit of money for this very short time disqualifies people from the richness of heaven for all eternity?

I didn't say that...

nor did he....

I'm not seeing this mercy anywhere in the bible.

Thats because its written by men....

edit on 16-8-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Beautiful words.....Words written by men....then changed, embellished, altered, to suit the overlords (Roman Catholics), then translated into 3 languages B4 its get translated to Ye Ole Englander pigeon German, as you quoted.

People tend to forget that at the time of Jesus, the vast majority of the Middle East was ruled by the Romans. While the Romans bought their own version of civilization, many locals and "Natives" considered it oppression.
While many Jew Holy men and elders had a reasonable high life under the Romans, they cooperated etc, often this came at a time of "Control" of the people. So, Naturally the Holy Rabbis and elders didnt want anyone to upset their comfortable lifestyle, supplied by the Romans, and took offence to the Plebs wanting to rebel.

I see Jesus as a rebel. Perhaps he preached a truth of his "God" to the downtrodden, while the Jew Hierachy was happy with the situation.
Perhaps Jesus didnt say anything at all, that has been apparently written down as what he said.
Perhaps his agenda was to alert people of the corruption and coercion of the gentry and leader Jews, against the betterment of the populous?
His preaching from the summit, may have been like an Anti-Jew, anti Roman soapbox speeches. As in, Go Home Romans, we dont want you here.....

Scholars generally agree, that the NT "Bible" stories were written 30 to 50 up to 100 years after Jesus passed over.

If what Jesus was saying was so "Holy" why didnt he write them down himself? Why didnt his best 12 friends write down what he said, word for word, as he said it?

It is well known that many of the Books of the NT were written by the same person......these people often revered and treated as "Rock (Papyrus) stars" at the time, given riches etc.....Much like modern Fiction writers...would anyone not keep turning out the "Truth" (Fictional) stories of what Jesus said, as long as you can keep making up more rubbish for the "Plebs" to absorb.?

Sorry Christian soldiers....the Old Testament was a bunch of fireside myths and the New Testament was a bunch of stories made up by people more interested in their own selfishness, than the truth of what a man called Jesus actually would have said.

If you look throughout history for the last 1000 years or so, there are many Jesus's (Rebels, protesters), and many Fame seeking individuals, like the Bible Books writers.

At least the ancient Greek and Roman philosophers had the brains and intelligence to put their thoughts to paper.

Unlike that Carpenter....(Perhaps he did, and the 12 friends decided they didnt want to go to jail to for rebellion against the Romans, and promptly destroyed them??).

Still the Christianity Myth was so effective, The Romans decided to buy it....then even more control, but without the plunder and bloodshed........Pay our taxes or ye will go to Hell!!!!.....Look here see...its written in the Babble.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Going to ignore the replies and respond to the OP. Consider it independent verification if this has been said before.

In another thread it was suggested that I read the New Testament. Admittedly, it's been years since I've done this, but I used to read it often. Like the religious today, I allowed my eyes to glaze over the utterly ridiculous parts. I don't do that anymore. For instance, the following are considered the wise words of Jesus:

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?

Jesus was able to take a 5 loaves of bread and two fishes and feed 5000 people with it. He also did it on at least two separate occasions. He also converted straight water into wine. When Elijah was staying at a widows house, he was able, through faith, to have the widows meal and oil jar remain full, no matter how much they used. I believe it was Elishah, who when a widow required a lot of money to buy back her property. He had her bring several empty jars to her house, and with one jar, filled them all. She sold it for money to buy the land.

Time and again, the Father has created something from nothing through nothing more than the faith of the person receiving. It is our greed for bigger and better things that keeps us from receiving these gifts, and I can't claim any great moral ground on that. I'm no different. Jesus did great miracles, but sometimes He couldn't because the faith of the receiver wasn't there.

I often wonder what the world would be like if we just followed that advice, all of us. We probably wouldn't have to work, but in that case, everyone would receive just what they needed, not necessarily what they wanted. And don't forget, we were cursed with having to work when we turned our back on God and chose to sin.

And then there's this from the NT.

Matthew 27: The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus’ resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Why not? We believe He rose from the dead. He rose Lazarus from the dead after 4 days in the tomb. Who's to say He didn't decide to open a few graves and bring a few more back with Him. It's your lack of faith, or rather you faith in this world, that keeps you from seeing the possibilities of a greater world.

I don't know if this happened, it isn't really expanded upon. But it doesn't require any great leap of faith beyond believing in Christ to believe it might have happened. I'm sure others have proposed different meaning based on interpretation. I will just take it on faith. It really doesn't matter to my faith in Christ whether this literally happened or not.

Yes, you should. We all should. We should really look into what we're saying when we discount God because science has figured out a few tricks. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes faith can work miracles, and sometimes yes, it was angelic beings from Heaven, and not just misinterpreted aliens or retelling of similar stories in other cultures.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MRSeeker

Jesus was able to take a 5 loaves of bread and two fishes and feed 5000 people with it. He also did it on at least two separate occasions.

All of your references are from one book. Why would you believe in it when all of these things supposedly happened 2000 years ago and before then? If god and Jesus communicated and appeared to the masses of long ago, why not now? Why not take five loaves of bread and two fishes and ask Jesus to feed the millions of starving today with it?

Back then, everyone could see such wonders as dead saints roaming the city. Why not today? Why were such events possible back then, but not now? It's no good to say that we have to have faith when the people back then didn't need faith at all. They were supposedly SHOWN solid evidence of god's power. They saw rivers turn red with blood, waters parting for the escaping Israelites. The Egyptians supposedly saw hail fall from the sky and burst into flame. They saw Jesus alive after being dead for three days. They saw Jesus rise into the air to ascend into heaven.

What signs do WE get? We get people whose fillings turn into gold. We get gold dust and jewels appearing out of nowhere. We get scam artists and hoaxes and obscure miracles, or miracles that could easily be attribute to natural causes. In short, we get nothing because is there IS nothing to the bible stories. They're all fiction.
edit on 8/18/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

That's what I've wondered too. Why did all these nomadic tribe people get to see all these miracles and signs yet we today get nothing? Why were blind and sick people healed in the first century, yet we today don't get any kind of healing unless it comes with a huge price tag?

If god wanted us to believe in a guy rising from the dead and performing all these miracles, he'd give everyone an equal opportunity chance, especially if he's supposed to be fair and just.

But... I guess sending one guy to perform for a handful of people in the desert 2,000 years is the best he could do. He wants us to have "faith". What a load of malarkey.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join