It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament Fairy Tales

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
Perhaps you are assuming that if the latter is true, the former cannot be? The bible talks about this sort of thing. There is Love of many kinds (the Hebrew language has numerous words for different connotations of the word "love". The English language only has one).

I understand what you mean but it wasn't a different kind of or a different degree of love it was simple a lack of any emotion.

On the flip side, there is righteous anger, and unrighteous anger. Because God can turn away under certain circumstances (or we can assume he has turned away because we are incapable of comprehending his machinations), does not mean he does not love, or care. We are surely off on philosophical tangents now, but I am happy to see this debate take such a route. At least we can discuss things openly, as human beings with cumulative cultural experiences and individuals with personal and spiritual ones.

I mentioned these events in another thread and someone asked me if my faith had been wavering during the second event. The truth is that it was stronger than ever due to the first event. I even experienced the same things as I approached the second time but something happened during the second which caused me to notice things differently.

I didn't even want to accept what I had experienced and fought to dismiss it, in the same way you suggest, but I couldn't. This was about 25 years ago. Since then I have experienced many other things, and while many don't effect my conclusion about these events one way or the other, some back it up while none have caused me to question it.

I like to think that I am an open minded individual and always leave the door open to have a different light cast on these experiences but it would have to be something of similar or greater magnitude. I was even asked by someone to pray earlier this year. He said that he knew that if I prayed from the heart god would answer me. I told him I would. I did so, and to be honest, after getting off my knees I felt like I was cheating. I was holding back. I caught myself and reminded myself that if it was going to count it had to be 100%. I got back down on my knees and opened my heart like in my christian days. The content of these posts are evidence of the results.

edit on 17-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Thank's for pouring your heart out, daskakik. I appreciate your honesty from the heart, more than I will ever appreciate blind hatred of something we do not understand. I am in support of your quest to seek God or whatever it is, 100%.

I believe we can find a route to him within Jesus Christ. That is not to say that I believe Jesus is God (i will leave that issue for another debate), but rather I believe his message to us is one of unfailing truth. That truth is so amazingly simple. The golden rule. Beyond that, we can further take his message as one of undying empathy. To always consider our fellow man (beyond his religion or social status or the color of his skin) in a sense of LOVE. because whatever effects him, effects us as a whole.

Jesus IS the light and the way, because no other philosophy truly encompasses this idea as completely as his, and he laid down his life for it. He IS the prince of peace, and the author of mercy.

As for the alien notion of the creator of a universe so large we can barely comprehend it, Well.... We are but children. For us to understand the will of such intelligence is like a single cell organism attempting to understand the design of the Apollo missions to land a man on the moon, let alone even one process behind getting him there.

We have not even begun to understand ourselves or our universe in cosmological "adult terms". How then are we to determine the emotions behind our father?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hermit777

Originally posted by MamaJ
I want to recommend listening to lectures by Manly P. Hall as I find them music to my ears.

If you don't connect with one, try another. I love them ALL!

I agree if one really wants to learn there is so much to read, but alas many just want to Stick withing their beliefs,
because the Minister, Eman, Rabbi, etc etc said so.

Me i prefer to read and study and develop a good idea. Ideas can be changed, Beliefs are stubborn.

Im addicted to reading! Lol i cant help it, my brain enjoys the stimulation.

My dad was a Methodist minister and do I appreciate anyone who has went to school, studied, and then became a seeker on their own. My dad left the ministry and did just that. He actually doesn't talk about it much as he wants me to not follow him, but follow my heart. Pretty cool I think.

In my quest as of late, I have ran across some really good inspiring lectures.

A few lectures I have listen to in the last few days is that of Manly Hall.

Some say becuas he was a Freemason he is a Luciferian. From listening to him ..... Probably four hours total he never acts as if he is a devil worshipper.

He is very philosophical and teaches history with open questions whereas the listener can make up their own mind.

He actually speaks of monks and why Christianity has survived this long and so on.

He gave a lecture a week for sixty years and wrote hundreds of books in regards to the history of philosophy and others.

He speaks about Jesus and never acts like he is in favor of the dark side.

He has raised a lot of questions for me...... Especially one regarding the Pyramids and their purpose.

Im wondering if because all civilizations before us have in essence killed themself off if in our future when shtf if these pyramids don't hold a purpose for that day?

Also, another reason why I don't think he is of a Lucifer loving cult is because he speaks about the nature of humanity going away from the order of nature and how each time, the civilization falls to their own demise.

So, i guess what i want to know is do you hold any information of knowing where Manly Hall is concerned?

Have you listened to any of his lectures?

I wonder why they are all free and have been released to the public over the last five to ten years? Lol

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks there may be some hidden agenda here.

As always seeking......

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It's allegories...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Simply put, pyramids are magnifying glasses for energy from higher planes of being. They were used in the ascension process, or enlightenment, or whatever. There's speculation that the Egyptians didn't build the pyramids, they just restored them.

Either way, it's pretty clear that the Egyptians weren't solely responsible for the pyramids.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

Simply put, pyramids are magnifying glasses for energy from higher planes of being. They were used in the ascension process, or enlightenment, or whatever. There's speculation that the Egyptians didn't build the pyramids, they just restored them.

Either way, it's pretty clear that the Egyptians weren't solely responsible for the pyramids.

Yeah, I happen to think they were built pre man or before man was so endowed with matter.

There is no way men built them.

Last night I got to wondering if the kings chambers and just the whole sha bang ( all pyramids that ventilate) may be for a fall out with nukes. Lol

I also go to wondering about Jesus being the light of the world and have contacted my local freemasons.

I'm just so skeptical and wonder about too much, too much of the time! Lol

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

That's a good place to start.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the Lord at its border.
Isaiah 19:19

Gematria The Ancient's Called The "Great Pyramid" (The Pillar of Enoch)

Gematria is an ancient occult science that studies the Bible in a different way. It tries to find meaning in the Hebrew text by studying the numerical values of the Hebrew letters and words. In Hebrew every character has a unique value, much like the binary ASCII code in modern computers that is used to represent characters. The values of the characters in a word can be added up to the numerical value of the word, words can be added up to the value of sentences etc.

There are a few direct references to the Great Pyramid in the Bible. One of them is in the book Isaiah:

Isaiah 19:19-20 “At that time there will be an altar for the LORD in the middle of Egypt and a monument to the LORD at the border of Egypt. This will be a sign and a witness to the LORD All-Powerful in the land of Egypt. When the people cry to the LORD for help, he will send someone to save and defend them. He will rescue them from those who hurt them”.

The altar in the middle of Egypt and the monument at the border of Egypt is most likely a reference to the Great Pyramid residing near the Nile delta. The Great Pyramid is the only monument that is located in the center of old Egypt and is on the border (of the Nile) at the same time.

If the official Hebrew text of the same verses of Isaiah 19:19-20 are taken, we discover a very interesting fact. When the Gematria value is taken from these verses of Isaiah they add up to the value 5449. In inches this is the exact height of the Great Pyramid!

Remember that the Great Pyramid was covered by 144.000 polished casing stones that made it shine like a huge lighthouse in the desert. The Egyptians called the pyramid ‘Ta Khut’ which translates into ‘The Light’. The harmonic value for the speed of light happens to be 144.000 arcs per grid second as was discovered by Bruce Cathie who recalculated the speed of light relative to the Earth grid. Is it pure ‘coincidence’ then that the Gematria value for ‘light’ equates to 144?

Again we find clues that the authors of the Bible must have had profound knowledge of the Great Pyramid and most likely also about the speed of light.

The Great Pyramid: Truth in Structural Form (More Amazing Facts)

www.eternalthroneofdavid.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

Yes, I understand the meaning of the Great Pyramid and how it was built possibly for Enoch or for the people in the end times.

Come over here, where we may swap thoughts in regards to secret teachings and how the story begins and ends.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

New Testament Fairy Tales in this thread is just the ice the broke the camels back however I believe we can solve the mysteries with like minds working together for the good of mankind.

Times we live in seem chaotic and the end is what people are looking for. A savior of sorts.

Jesus told us we can find him and or God within. Let's get deeper within and see what we find.

The New Testament and or Jesus was said to bring division and chaos.

Chaos does not equal peace, however peace CAN be FOUND WITHIN.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
All on the venice things wrapping itself around it like a coil those things attack the immune system and maybe some of you know it already. harpazo, to carry off; grasp hastily; snatch up; to seize and overpower; From this we get the word rapture, meaning the act of transporting, as harpazo.

That the war of the spirit is unbelievably profound. Paul knew, he understood.Spirituality is hard when you are in a country that is full of war mongers. We are working for war that is about it, war is the solution for everything duh. . The thing I liked about Jesus was his saying about turn the other cheek.
edit on 20-9-2012 by MarkScheppy because: adl

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I would love to find someone who dedicated their life to god and to helping others in some desperate place in the world, and come up with indisputable proof that no god exists. Then ask this person if they would stop dedicating his/her life to these impoverished. I'm pretty sure this type of person would continue. Why? Because they're not god people, but GOOD people.

The problem is that people want a utopia and some will even go to the Occult to make their ideal utopia, Christ is not compatible with them, but evil is. Their network is a scam a mark of the beast scam, giving up.

We once had biblical morals and see how much happier and prosperous our country was, now it's a unknowing cloud darkness. We have divorced ourselves from God and look where it is getting us. Into
edit on 20-9-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkScheppy

We once had biblical morals and see how much happier and prosperous our country was, now it's a unknowing cloud darkness. We have divorced ourselves from God and look where it is getting us. Into
edit on 20-9-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

Are you referring to the U.S.? The country that started off by killing all the indians, enslaving black people into the late 1800's, Women's Suffrage against being treated no better than dumb animals, WWI, Spanish Flu (the Great Pandemic), the great depression, Polio, Tuberculosis, WWII, Viet Nam, race riots, AIDS, 9/11, the Middle East... And all through this the rich got richer and the poor got poorer.

Remind me of when we were happier? When we had (what you call) biblical morals?
edit on 9/20/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/20/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Then why does the Constitution allude to a Creator having given us inalienable rights? Why mention a higher power at all if it was obviously going to be likened to Christianity, given that's the faith that most people supported at the time? They were just ASKING Christians and Catholics to take a more upstanding role in government when they added that particular line.

And if they had been so concerned about keeping the church and the state separate, they would have added a footnote to clarify what they meant.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by jiggerj

Then why does the Constitution allude to a Creator having given us inalienable rights? Why mention a higher power at all if it was obviously going to be likened to Christianity, given that's the faith that most people supported at the time? They were just ASKING Christians and Catholics to take a more upstanding role in government when they added that particular line.

And if they had been so concerned about keeping the church and the state separate, they would have added a footnote to clarify what they meant.

Great catch, After! I guess I just glazed over the reference to a god in the constitution. Ironic, huh?
But, my post was more along the line of pointing out that right from the start we've had a hell to live through in every decade. So, I'm not sensing a mass happiness at any point in our history, regardless of biblical beliefs or not.

Would you say that, today, we are a morally just society when there are more blacks in prison than whites? When we are trying to inject and enforce our way of life around the globe? When we still allow American businesses to sell cigarettes to third world countries where even TWO-year-olds get addicted? When we turn our heads so that the U.S. oil companies can go into other countries and destroy the natural habitat and poison the waters? When we will fight to save lives in oil producing nations, but not in nations that have nothing to offer us?

If we aren't a moral nation now, then imagine how IMmoral we were when we didn't know better.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Knights Templar. Satan told them to paint a big red cross on their armor to fool people to believing that they were the pinnacle of what Christianity represented and was about. They represented the cabal of rome and they murdered Christians and muslims, and their illegal banking practices exist to this today

Good thread, keep it up.
edit on 21-9-2012 by MarkScheppy because: ad

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Knights Templar. Satan told them to paint a big red cross on their armor to full people to believing that they were the pinnacle of what Christianity represented and was about. They represented the cabal of rome and they murdered Christians and muslims, and their illegal banking practices exist to this today
reply to post by MarkScheppy

There is a lot of talk about this above that has me researching more about the Freemasonry and Knights Templar... very interesting to me!!!

Im mingling with them a little now and wow..... the world just gets more mysterious. lol

I think as humans we long to know the creator if there is one and we can go to great lengths to research and seek knowledge.

Either way, a belief is fun to ponder on and when said belief is challenged in such a way you have to rethink everything from top to bottom..... its like watching a movie... fun... I have done it. lol

I like it though and its entertaining.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Not being sarcastic,The Templar Castles are works of art they brought all of the medievil customs of europe to the holy land and the crusader castles many stand today. But you have to be on crack coc aine if you believe these guys were Christians in the sense of Paul or Peter.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkScheppy
reply to post by MamaJ

Not being sarcastic,The Templar Castles are works of art they brought all of the medievil customs of europe to the holy land and the crusader castles many stand today. But you have to be on crack coc aine if you believe these guys were Christians in the sense of Paul or Peter.

Keep going.... what do you mean like Paul or Peter? In what way?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

That's a loaded question.

1. Happiness isn't about having the most stuff. That's why that German billionaire offed himself after he lost 5 mil, back when we had the housing crash? And yes, there are different points when this country was considered "God-fearing" that people were honestly happier. Less suicides, while life was tougher. But this type of thing literally changes generationally.

2. Having a "God-fearing nation" doesn't mean that we had God-fearing individuals. There were a heck of a lot of people who were not Christian at all, from the founding. And people change.

I mean, I look at the whole story about why the song Amazing Grace, for example, was written, when I think about how complicated this can get. Dude was a mess of a man, who wound up in the slave trade, and in a moment of despair, called out to the God he ignored his whole life. He wound up still slave-trading for a few years more, and eventually his conscience caught up with him. He wound up writing this song for his grief over who he was--even as a Christian--and that song did a lot to move the abolition of slavery along peacefully, in Great Britain.

And as far as the reasons why it didn't end sooner, I read this book by a man named Mungo Park, who was one of the first white men to explore Africa. The amount of slavery that went on there, he suspected, wouldn't end unless the whole continent was subdued, because they sold their neighbors from tribe to tribe, with or without white slavers, or the Moors selling them.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".

A great quote from Marx. It seems religion is also a great control mechanism. While normal tyrants can only control the living, the ultimate tyrant has you for eternity. IMO the only real difference between christianity and scientology is that christianity is slightly less believable, which isn't saying much. The bible is a collection of myths and lies. I doubt that there really is any wisdom in it beyond the occasional common sense, there is a hell of a lot of plain old bulls... though.

Contrary to the claims of the born again, societal health suffers heavily in direct relationship to its religiosity. Generally the less religious and more secular a society is, the healthier it becomes. There have been papers (such as that by Paul) about this fact.

I do see a potential for spirituality, though IMO this is the polar opposite of religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join