It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament Fairy Tales

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by MamaJ

I never said I could show you. I said that I experienced.

What I can say is that there is no god in the biblical sense. I can't show you this with words, just like you can't show me the opposite.

Words can only convey what I experienced but they won't show you anything.

I can show you with words, you just deny that I can.

It's all good, maybe one day. Lol

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

No you can't, not in the sense that I am speaking and certainly not in this format.

You have been going on and on, with words, for pages and you haven't shown me anything that I have not seen before. You have not described anything that I have not felt before.

That is not what I mean by showing and even if your words had been new and describing something that I had never felt before, you still wouldn't be showing me anything.

edit on 16-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

I thought a true Christian sees it all connecting in just one book?

I believe that the Bible is the Word of God.
I have been searching for answers to my own questions, but that doesn't mean I have to dispute the Word, or that the answers may be found in other places.
I know, and science has been proving as much, that as we move forward in our understanding of it all, that our knowledge and the Word of God will eventually synchronize perfectly.
I don't know how I know. I just do.
I believe that the Bible contains ALL of the answers. But, I also believe that our current intelligence, precludes us from readily comprehending it. I believe that we have been slowly poisoned over the centuries, and have reduced our ability to understand.
As such, we must find a way to put the pieces together, from whatever source that we can find, but using the Bible as the Master text, and correlate all acquired knowledge to the Scriptures, for confirmation.

It's there. I know it is...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
A true Christian, believes that ALL of the answers, fit together with ALL of current knowledge. Period.

Having been a true christian, I agree that that is what a true christian believes.

So what you are babbling about, makes absolutely ZERO sense...imo

Having been a christian and gone past being a christian, I agree that is how a true christian would see it.

I'm sorry.
But what you report as "gone past being a Christian" looks more like you have given up on, been lured away, or just walked away from your Faith.
The only way to transcend it, would require complete death and Devine Resurrection.

Here is the problem with what you have been posting...

Yes, you seem quite mysterious, talking in circles, and all superior to us typers and talkers, but for you to have accomplished what you claim, would have required "words" to show you!
So either you are full of crap, or you aren't intelligent enough to convey, what was told to you!
Even during my experiments, with multiple simultaneous OBE's, words were required to "push" the thoughts of the participants.
Some were able to follow the directions and join the rest in the ether, and some were just stuck in limbo. Either afraid to come through, or unable to altogether.
So, unless you can at least attempt to describe, what exactly you are talking about, I'll have to remain convinced that you have no idea, how to explain, what you are referring to...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The only way to transcend it, would require complete death and Devine Resurrection.

Because you know all about resurrection, right? And divinity? Sure, what you've read in books and seen on television. That's where all the Christians get their spirituality and their otherworldly knowledge and all that. That's like a kid saying, "Oh, I know all about guns, I play Modern Warfare 2!!"

It's laughable.

edit on 16-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I thought a true Christian sees it all connecting in just one book?

I believe that the Bible is the Word of God.
I have been searching for answers to my own questions, but that doesn't mean I have to dispute the Word, or that the answers may be found in other places.
I know, and science has been proving as much, that as we move forward in our understanding of it all, that our knowledge and the Word of God will eventually synchronize perfectly.
I don't know how I know. I just do.
I believe that the Bible contains ALL of the answers. But, I also believe that our current intelligence, precludes us from readily comprehending it. I believe that we have been slowly poisoned over the centuries, and have reduced our ability to understand.
As such, we must find a way to put the pieces together, from whatever source that we can find, but using the Bible as the Master text, and correlate all acquired knowledge to the Scriptures, for confirmation.

It's there. I know it is...

Christians I know don't believe in the above, however I do, as I'm living proof it all connects as I've experienced and continue to experience it within life as I know it.

The Bible does contain all the answers just not the way they are given per orthodox. It's politcal.

When all is seen it makes the Bible a beautiful testimony to the Word being made Alive!

When this became apparent through all of my sense I became sooooo excited and wanted amd did share it.

The problem is each person has to experience this for their self.

Explainging it doesn't do the experience justice as another observer cannot see it as I do. If only...because I want others to see and feel it as well as have the experience so we can share it together!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

No you can't, not in the sense that I am speaking and certainly not in this format.

You have been going on and on, with words, for pages and you haven't shown me anything that I have not seen before. You have not described anything that I have not felt before.

That is not what I mean by showing and even if your words had been new and describing something that I had never felt before, you still wouldn't be showing me anything.

You ask questions as you have not seen or felt before. So be it.

You have seen it all yet deny Jesus.

I'm not even a Christian, however I will fight for what I know to be the ultimate truth just so another can feel the wonders and magic that surrounds us all.

Either way..... We have exhausted one another and the coming together with ideas.

We are too far apart.

Good luck on your journey as this is where you and I part ways on this thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Have you already told me the ultimate truth? Refresh my memory. And try not to use riddles...I grow weary of wisdom that is encrypted to hide the fact it isn't wisdom at all. That's 80% of what I've gotten lately.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The Bible does contain all the answers just not the way they are given per orthodox. It's politcal.

When all is seen it makes the Bible a beautiful testimony to the Word being made Alive!

When this became apparent through all of my sense I became sooooo excited and wanted amd did share it.

The problem is each person has to experience this for their self.

I get the uncomfortable impression that you have to WANT to believe it's true...and desire should have no part in the truth. It's either true, or it isn't, regardless of how one feels. Additionally, if one wants it enough, they will believe something regardless of whether it's true or not. This has that flavor to it.

Have you tried meditation? Flower of Life studies? Sacred Geometry? The Bible contradicts itself at every turn...the "God" in the Bible is either evil or uncaring. There is no other excuse, and NO, "God" is not above our moral standards. That is NOT how you treat your creation, no matter what.

Anyway, you've shown me yours, now I want to show you mine. Google "Flower of Life" and "Fruit of Life", "Sacred geometry" and "Law of One". They all play their role in the vast study of the universe and divinity itself.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Because you know all about resurrection, right? And divinity? Sure, what you've read in books and seen on television. That's where all the Christians get their spirituality and their otherworldly knowledge and all that. That's like a kid saying, "Oh, I know all about guns, I play Modern Warfare 2!!"

It's laughable.

No. Actually I get my spirituality from the Spirit! You should attempt to get to know Him as well. Instead of trying to sound funny on a conspiracy site, by bashing that which you don't understand.

I make every attempt, to be as clear and concise, humble and honest, as I can, when I post. I don't speak in circles. I speak my thoughts, and relay my beliefs, as such. No absolute knowledge professed here.
Just because I "know" something to be true, doesn't mean I want to force that onto anyone.
So, why are you bashing me again?
Oh yeah, you have this emptiness inside, and get a false sense of satisfaction when you try and belittle others...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I'm sorry.
But what you report as "gone past being a Christian" looks more like you have given up on, been lured away, or just walked away from your Faith.

Death and divine resurrection may be the only way to transcend within the christian belief. Maybe transcending and looking back allows you to see that that assertion is incorrect.

Yes, you seem quite mysterious, talking in circles, and all superior to us typers and talkers, but for you to have accomplished what you claim, would have required "words" to show you!
So either you are full of crap, or you aren't intelligent enough to convey, what was told to you!
Even during my experiments, with multiple simultaneous OBE's, words were required to "push" the thoughts of the participants.
Some were able to follow the directions and join the rest in the ether, and some were just stuck in limbo. Either afraid to come through, or unable to altogether.
So, unless you can at least attempt to describe, what exactly you are talking about, I'll have to remain convinced that you have no idea, how to explain, what you are referring to...

My first OBE was spontaneous and I had never really read anything about them before, so no I didn't need words to show me.

I have already stated that during an OBE I found myself in the presence of a being that emitted "love and light" like many claim to see and feel during OBE's and NDE's. I was a christian then and I knew this was proof that god existed. I ran into that same being later but while looking at it something in me changed and the love and light also changed and lost its godlike attribution.

Now I knew that god did not exist. I did not want to believe that so I found myself trying to explain it away. As time went by, I noticed just how hard religious people fight to uphold their position. Many state that other's don't understand because they have not experienced god. Then it clicked, I was doing the same thing. Except I was doing it one level above. Despite having experienced god in all his glory, and then also seen that the love and light as uncaring unloving energy, I was clinging on to the biblical (and other religious) description.

The only logical thing for someone who has experienced this is to accept that the biblical description is wrong. Also other "creator" versions don't sit well with what I saw so I don't agree with them.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You have seen it all yet deny Jesus.

It is the truth as I have been shown.
What else could I do?

I'm not even a Christian, however I will fight for what I know to be the ultimate truth just so another can feel the wonders and magic that surrounds us all.

Am I reading this right? You're willing to carry on the Jesus lie because you think it will bring people closer to enlightenment.

Either way..... We have exhausted one another and the coming together with ideas.

It was never my intention to come together with ideas. I put what I have experienced and the opinions that have formed from that experiences out there.

I have come to a point where I understand just how useless words are. Your words may lead me to think about something but it will never trump what I have seen.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Bud light is sounding good about now.

Here is the real spill.

I can tell you with words how to have the same experience as I've had.

I don't want anything to be true that ain't. Let's get that clear.

Never in a million years did I ever think this journey of mine would ever go back full circle to the Bible.
it was a surprise and still is as this reunion just happened recently.

I'm a philosophical minded person who connects dots. That's me.

I've connected so many books together that equal the Bible. How goofy is that? I almost felt retarded when I saw this for myself.

Believe it or not. No skin off my back to those who don't get it. I do... That's what matters.

I can tell you how I got here. It's amazing but it would require someone to listen to my story. Who wants to do that? I get it..... So be it.

I'm still amazed and even laughing out loud about it. It's unbelievable really!

I've read so many books I'm surprised I'm not so overloaded that my brain has not busted! Lol

Nature expresses itself all the time and we never see it.
edit on 16-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

True, seeing is believing.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

That doesn't make sense, but if you can see it, then you're looking from a different window than I am. If that's what was necessary for you, so be it. I don't hold it against you.

Just as long as you don't hold my preferences against me.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

From what you've posted I can say that I have already had many, if not all, those experiences.

I've connected so many books together that equal the Bible. How goofy is that? I almost felt retarded when I saw this for myself.

Could be because the bible took from many existing stories.

I can tell you how I got here. It's amazing but it would require someone to listen to my story. Who wants to do that? I get it..... So be it.

I for one would be glad to read to your story. Make it it's own thread. Keep the style simple and straight forward and I would be all eyes.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Your words are conflicting and show your heart very well.

If you had an obe, why didn't ya just say so?

One of my earlier books was huge and on astral projection by Robert Bruce.

I loved it, but frankly the obe will happen when it's supposed to.

I believe forcing it to happen and then doing so opens your spirit up to all kinds of spirits and some not so nice.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

From what you've posted I can say that I have already had many, if not all, those experiences.

Could be because the bible took from many existing stories.

I for one would be glad to read to your story. Make it it's own thread. Keep the style simple and straight forward and I would be all eyes.

How do you feel about Edgar Cayce?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

That doesn't make sense, but if you can see it, then you're looking from a different window than I am. If that's what was necessary for you, so be it. I don't hold it against you.

Just as long as you don't hold my preferences against me.

Of course I don't hold anything against you.

Obvioiusly I want you to see..... But sadly I can't open my experience of life to show you but i can show and tell you about the Expressionable universe. An Expressionable Universe as an eternal thinker would have to use words and numbers, right?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Had an interest in him a while back. Remember reading a bit but never got too much into it.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join