It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why I don't believe a "god" created us.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by SpearMint

1) Nobody knows for sure
2) Nobody knows for sure
3) Refer to 1
4) Refer to 2
5) Aliens

Nothing of value in this comment, what are you basing that on? Personal opinion? #5 completed discredits any other point you try to make, of which there are none.

We DO know evolution is fact, we don't know that the big bang happened though, but no one can say that it didn't.

How can you say that 'we DO know evolution is fact'? I'll agree that there is a lot of sound reasoning behind it, but to say it is a fact is wrong. It is an idea, it has quite a lot of science and data to support it, but it is not absolute. People once thought the Earth being flat was fact, things change.
edit on 4-9-2012 by DaesDaemar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by iKnowWhatISeen

So, a god could not have done it because we are too complex. Therefore aliens did it, lol. Its the same belief you just inserted aliens instead of god. But if aliens did it, how did they come about? Did other aliens create them? And if so where did those aliens come from?

When I say "god" I'm talkin about the fantasy mystical man living in the sky, I don't believe what they say. Am I wrong for that, your taking my OPINIONS and giving critical feedback that's irrelevant. My point is we are the result of something more complex then we can ever fabricate. Agree or disagree?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

It's not often that I have the pleasure of agreeing with Druscilla. But he/she took the words straight from my typing fingers. Forgive the off-topic post!
edit on 4-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
It's funny how hypocritical some of you are, think you got a point? Ha!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

In response to the title, you operate under the assumption that the Christian god is the only higher power that is conceptually possible.

This is a false assumption.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by iKnowWhatISeen

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

So, a god could not have done it because we are too complex. Therefore aliens did it, lol. Its the same belief you just inserted aliens instead of god. But if aliens did it, how did they come about? Did other aliens create them? And if so where did those aliens come from?

When I say "god" I'm talkin about the fantasy mystical man living in the sky, I don't believe what they say. Am I wrong for that, your taking my OPINIONS and giving critical feedback that's irrelevant. My point is we are the result of something more complex then we can ever fabricate. Agree or disagree?

We're an organism that's adapted for imagining solutions to our problems, fashioning tools to survive and thrive. I'd say that's not too complex. We only make it complex in that we are able to perceive ourselves. This perception makes it seem like we have to be perceiving for some higher purpose. That's not necessarily so. Is it possible? Sure! Is it observable with science? Not really, at least not yet. Meaning of life mumbo jumbo and all that.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

It's funny how hypocritical some of you are, think you got a point? Ha!

If you start a thread, you will have those that disagree with you. There is no point, or logical reason to antagonise them unless you are wishing for an argument.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

Well, it's been a long time since I've studied this stuff in class. But I thought it was called junk DNA just because we didn't know what it did? To me, it could just be more untapped potential; we just haven't discovered its use.

I don't know to be honest, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I don't know because I haven't studied it well enough.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Well, it's been a long time since I've studied this stuff in class. But I thought it was called junk DNA just because we didn't know what it did? To me, it could just be more untapped potential; we just haven't discovered its use.

I don't know to be honest, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I don't know because I haven't studied it well enough.

I've been learning specifically about this. While it's a little off-topic, it turns out that junk DNA is not junk at all. It works kind of like random inhibitor genes to cause slightly different gene expression in organisms and to switch adaptions on or off, depending on which one lands where. It's a fascinating field, actually. Still in its early years of research.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

In response to the title, you operate under the assumption that the Christian god is the only higher power that is conceptually possible.

In response to your comment, you operate under the assumption that my title only referred to a Christian god. I'm referring to a "godly figure" I just quoted something I didn't understand from the bible as evidence, your assumption is even more wrong. Funny how smart you people try to sound, must be the only time some of you get to shine lol.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

1. Look how they explain how man was created in the bible:

"Genesis 2:7 we read, And Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul."

We are too complex to be the product of a magical god, or the product of dust for that matter, we seem more like a science project to me then anything. How the [SNIP] did god create eve from adams rib? That makes no sense. Also the fact that Adam and eve were the FIRST AND ONLY at the time, they had kids who had kids who had kids, sooo we must be the product of incest according to the bible right?

This would be why you don't believe in christianity, or the bible. I'm not saying I don't agree with your points, I'm just pointing out that you not believing what the bible says can't be your number one reason for not believing a "god" created us
edit on 4-9-2012 by Gemwolf because: Snipped quote

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I don't find it off-topic at all. I was hoping someone would come in and correct me! I was thinking somewhere along the same lines as you though. Junk DNA isn't just wasted space as many like to think. Since when did the human body or microbiology of organisms mean wasted space?

Function and form and all that, right?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Ah. A video explaining living machines. IE humans or other mappable brains. But nothing about curiosity being the prime motivator. It was a good try though. If curiosity is a universal motivater as to play to your theory, give evidence.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

That untapped potential is what separates us from the "gods".

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme

Ah. A video explaining living machines. IE humans or other mappable brains. But nothing about curiosity being the prime motivator. It was a good try though. If curiosity is a universal motivater as to play to your theory, give evidence.

Doesn't curiosity explain itself?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

In response to your comment, you operate under the assumption that my title only referred to a Christian god. I'm referring to a "godly figure" I just quoted something I didn't understand from the bible as evidence, your assumption is even more wrong. Funny how smart you people try to sound, must be the only time some of you get to shine lol.

Care to explain what these other "godly figures" have done that differs from the bible version and how they are also wrong? You make quite a broad statement.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

I believe we were created, just not how they say please understand that people.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
A wise man on ATS once wrote:

"Is what I am about to post a genuine attempt at civil discourse/debate about the topic or, am I trying to scream at the world and force my personal beliefs down everyone else's throat?"

and:

"Is this thread I am creating an honest attempt at civil discourse/debate about the subject or, am I trying to sow as much hatred as I can about the evil ___________s to wake people up to the fact they are scum?"

Just wondering?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

reply to post by bacci0909

I believe we were created, just not how they say please understand that people.

Most religious texts come from a time when little was known, compared to now, about the universe we live in. They were told things for their level of understanding.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Thank you for clarifying.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join