It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

This is why I don't believe a "god" created us.

page: 4
9
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Monkeys went one way, and the great apes another. Is it really too much to ask that people learn about this before they comment and condemn it? Likewise, humans and chimpanzees parted ways a loooong time ago as well (actually, it was the common ancestor that branched and gave rise to the former two). And bonobos split paths with the common chimpanzee as well. Anybody see where I'm going with this? If you do, then you already probably understand how evolution works anyway.

I for one see no problem with creator, God and evolution. Are you denying the brilliance and precision of chemistry as well?

God must have all kinds of neat tricks up the sleeve and tools at his/her disposal. Why is that so far-fetched for some people?
edit on 4-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
> 1. Look how they explain how man was created in the bible:...

I agree with what has been said already --> If we were engineered, who created the engeeners? (and that also applies to "god", who the hell created it if it exists ?)

> 2. Evolution is a lie, it's only to give atheist something to believe. We came from monkeys so why are monkeys still here? When are they gonna turn into humans? Wheres the missing link? Monkeys can't talk, how did we change so drastically in such lil time?

Sure, hundreads of thousands years is a little time... and we turned humans from monkeys instantly....
it's not like if it had been observed already ! Oh wait... that's right... if we believe what is scientiffically proven we're sheeps... just forgot about that already


> 3. We are biological computers, living machines. Right now we have technolgy to create life, we JUST got here. A civilization more advanced then us is sure to be playing god cause you know damn well we are. Why? CURIOSITY.

I agree until "living machines"... Yet afaik we don't have any technology that is near to creating life, even non-complex lifeform. Please backup your statement. Unless you consider your genitals as technology maybe ?
Btw I don't think anyone can answer that accurately... Are we created by an almighty being ? Probably not but can't disprove it... Are we engineered ? Could be, but if so, engeeners could have done better work if you ask me ! Are we just an evolutionnary accident ? Probably if you ask me, but it's too hard to face and admit for many of us, so we try to find other explantions to not categorize ourselves into the biological accidental junks category.

> 4. You believe in the big bang? Kill yourself. It's just a THEORY, how would we know how the universe started? Plus it doesnt make sense, something can't be born from nothing, there was always something and there will always be something.

Hum hum... There wasn't nothing before the big bang... Ever heard about the cosmic background map ?
en.wikipedia.org...
Btw, since it's clearly a scientific proof that there was something before, I bet you won't buy it... well, continue to live in your imaginary world, just hope you open your eyes at some point and then come back from neverland.

> 5. I've seen UFOS in person, they exist, and they are watching, waiting, so prepare yourself.
edit on 4-9-2012 by iKnowWhatISeen because: (no reason given)


And so, you have been able to identify them since you seems to be so sure they are alien... if so, they are by definition not UFOs... Anyway I won't argue on that point, since it's the one from your 5 statements that makes the more sense...

edit on 4/9/2012 by Ghostfreak1 because: I hate quotes

edit on 4/9/2012 by Ghostfreak1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
and your point is...???????



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha
 


It's the intolerance issue that gets me. How can something so all-knowing have so little understanding and compassion?

Why would something so all-knowing have so little compassion as to throw its creations into a fiery pit for all of eternity, over a design flaw that it could have fixed at any time?

That's just a small part of where my confusion comes from. From that example, you should be able to see where the rest of it comes from too.



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostfreak1
 


I said some people believe "anything" that is said to be scientifically proven, from now on I'm gonna be more precise with you ATS members, lesson learned.

Just read this and imagine I said it

ATS member talks about the new religion



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity
 


THANKYOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! People took this the complete wrong way.



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity
 


Yep, I totally understand where you're coming from. I am pragmatic myself. I believe in a creator, but I also must ask the same questions which you have addressed.

I can't speak for the mind of God. Anybody who claims to "know and understand" the mind of God is probably lying. On that note, I won't presume or pretend to be able to answer your questions haha. I can only share my opinion and perspective.

I will say that in my own experience, suffering is necessary in a way. Most suffering (like emotional distress) really just comes from our own desires which blaze like a wild fire devouring the countryside. Bodily suffering is usually only temporary, and most of the time it is tolerable.

I am not denying that truly atrocious things happen to people that don't deserve it. I have been through some crazy stuff which I couldn't control; the only thing in my control was my attitude and choice to maintain a positive determination. That's why things like karma and the lot possibly came about, as an attempt to rationalize the infuriating things we cannot explain. [After that statement, I will say that I do believe in karma as a law--even though I was just kind of putting it down haha]

I suppose it's just the other side of the coin. We are given the gift of life--what we do with it is our responsibility. Unfortunately, as it is my will to be gentle and kind--it is someone else's right and choice to abandon goodwill and become a criminal, murderer, rapist, whatever.

It is tough to reconcile for sure! And this is why I don't blame non-believers or atheists. It takes an uncritical mind to just accept and not question these things. I have a problem with those who just blindly accept as well. No one is safe from my criticisms haha.

I do think that God is kind of passive with his creations. He took off the training wheels and gave us a push, it's up to us to keep peddling though. We were set in motion with laws such as chemistry and evolution etc. etc. so that God would not have to interfere. Set it and forget it! We can know the rules of nature and choose to use them correctly or incorrectly.

The best way to teach children is to let them figure things out for themselves--not to do it for them.

That's just my take on it and all are free to dismiss it!

Edit: just re-read your post to make sure I didn't miss anything. By the way, I don't believe in Hell and eternal lake of fire stuff. I do think that God has understanding and compassion. But as I said, I think it's kind of a passive influence that God has on our lives. It's up to each of us to make of our life what we will, and no one else's.

Hope I got my ideas across okay.
edit on 4-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Time travel, ready for it?

Chemistry now has an element 0. A massless element, an anonymous element, and can be used to 'bridge' between matter and energy.

Be careful with these equations:
w=ma AND E=mc^2

When converting to/from systems, be sure to use 'mass' as an independent measure, which reinforces using a 'conversionary' factors when converting. For instance. When trying to find weight in pounds, and you have a mass, then a conversion is as simple as using the corresponding acceleration of gravity you are going TO (American English) 32.174 ft/s2 or ≈21.937 mph/s, then you end up with your weight in pounds. Conversely, you can go from Pounds to your mass in grams by using this: 9.80665 m/s2 as the conversion factor. It's important to 'get the from/to' in the right order, otherwise it spells problems (with cycles, waves, and and energy)

If you understand it better than me, please explain it for me. I am not confident about the c^2 bit in Einstein's equation. I'm going to propose c^2 isnt and wasnt supposed to be squared, i am going to propose it was intended to define system interchanges with. That is, the speed of light was originally defined as 186,000 miles per second, and here's the kicker: Because I think it's been trying to 'chase the shadow' of light, and is instead demonstrate the speed of DARKNESS is 186,282 miles per second. This proves Einstein's theory is light moves in Relativity to the observer... If a scientist is trying to chase their own shadow, and they never catch up to it, then how much faster is it going? Well, 282miles per second faster than itself, it had calculated..We're in someone or something's imagination.. :-) Or finally getting out...

And the speed of light is simply an 'agreed upon' number, arbitrarily drawn up as a 'best fit' by a machine that's been broken for a very long time...
As for time... E=mc^2, well here's the deal: when m=0 (it's a massless object, which means it's pure energy. Then E=0, which means 0 is infinite.

Does this make any sense? If not, let me know. But how to prepare for time travel:
AC systems - ARE closed systems. Meaning, we are paying for power that we give right back through our body. Sounds weird, don't it?
:
For ya'all. Dubstep music 'programs' your senses, and prepares you for it. in particular pay attention to Avicii. Television tries a bit, but it's more to 'take' energy. This stuff sinks in easier if you let it in, and understand it. It's like techno from the movie the Matrix, the Dubstep style music, especially Moves like Jagger...

It's time that time travel is made available for the masses. Army of one. Maybe the Army got that campaign right?



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha
 


Glad some of us came to an understanding, we can all agree on something.



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by flyerbri
 


Off topic but interesting, in English someone?



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by iKnowWhatISeen
 





5. I've seen UFOS in person, they exist, and they are watching, waiting, so prepare yourself.


and who ...

created them.. that are watching & waiting??



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by iKnowWhatISeen
 


adam and eve was the first modern man , if you read the bible it does not say they was the only ones ,
if you read genesis 4:15 god puts a mark on cain so that no one who finds him would kill him , meaning there was more than just adam and eve on the planet



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyerbri
Time travel, ready for it?

Chemistry now has an element 0. A massless element, an anonymous element, and can be used to 'bridge' between matter and energy.

Be careful with these equations:
w=ma AND E=mc^2

When converting to/from systems, be sure to use 'mass' as an independent measure, which reinforces using a 'conversionary' factors when converting. For instance. When trying to find weight in pounds, and you have a mass, then a conversion is as simple as using the corresponding acceleration of gravity you are going TO (American English) 32.174 ft/s2 or ≈21.937 mph/s, then you end up with your weight in pounds. Conversely, you can go from Pounds to your mass in grams by using this: 9.80665 m/s2 as the conversion factor. It's important to 'get the from/to' in the right order, otherwise it spells problems (with cycles, waves, and and energy)

If you understand it better than me, please explain it for me. I am not confident about the c^2 bit in Einstein's equation. I'm going to propose c^2 isnt and wasnt supposed to be squared, i am going to propose it was intended to define system interchanges with. That is, the speed of light was originally defined as 186,000 miles per second, and here's the kicker: Because I think it's been trying to 'chase the shadow' of light, and is instead demonstrate the speed of DARKNESS is 186,282 miles per second. This proves Einstein's theory is light moves in Relativity to the observer... If a scientist is trying to chase their own shadow, and they never catch up to it, then how much faster is it going? Well, 282miles per second faster than itself, it had calculated..We're in someone or something's imagination.. :-) Or finally getting out...

And the speed of light is simply an 'agreed upon' number, arbitrarily drawn up as a 'best fit' by a machine that's been broken for a very long time...
As for time... E=mc^2, well here's the deal: when m=0 (it's a massless object, which means it's pure energy. Then E=0, which means 0 is infinite.

Does this make any sense? If not, let me know. But how to prepare for time travel:
AC systems - ARE closed systems. Meaning, we are paying for power that we give right back through our body. Sounds weird, don't it?
:
For ya'all. Dubstep music 'programs' your senses, and prepares you for it. in particular pay attention to Avicii. Television tries a bit, but it's more to 'take' energy. This stuff sinks in easier if you let it in, and understand it. It's like techno from the movie the Matrix, the Dubstep style music, especially Moves like Jagger...

It's time that time travel is made available for the masses. Army of one. Maybe the Army got that campaign right?


You can time travel if you listen to Dubstep?

Color me dubious on this one.
Color me dubious about this whole post.



edit on 4-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by iKnowWhatISeen


2. Evolution is a lie, it's only to give atheist something to believe. We came from monkeys so why are monkeys still here? When are they gonna turn into humans? Wheres the missing link? Monkeys can't talk, how did we change so drastically in such lil time?



Please find were in Darwin's theory of evolution it says WE came from Monkeys!!! IT DOESN'T AND NEVER HAS!!!

What it says is that the great apes and MAN had a common ancestor the apes went along one branch of the tree of life MAN went along another thats why we have some much dna in common.

Oh and by the way Monkeys are primates with tails, Apes are the ones without SO now you have learned something!!!



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by iKnowWhatISeen
 


please explain the origins of the " genetic engineer "



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This thread is over, people leaving comments now haven't read the whole conversation.



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by iKnowWhatISeen
This thread is over, people leaving comments now haven't read the whole conversation.



Cant take the heat it seems!



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hi Guys I don't post here often, you could say this is one of many of the websites I use to put the pieces together and you are missing vital pieces in the story.....Adam and Eve weren't the first....Lilith was Adams first wife....

......One story is that God created Adam and Lilith as twins joined together at the back. She demanded equality with Adam, failing to achieve it, she left him in anger. This is sometimes accompanied by a Muslim legend that after leaving Adam Lilith slept with Satan, thus creating the demonic Djinn.

In another version of the myth of Lilith, she was Adam's first wife before Eve. Adam married her because he became tired of coupling with animals, a common Middle-Eastern herdsmen practice, though the Old Testament declared it a sin (Deuteronomy 27:21). Adam tried to make Lilith lie beneath him during sexual intercourse. Lilith would not meet this demand of male dominance. She cursed Adam and hurried to her home by the Red Sea.

Adam complained to God who then sent three angels, Sanvi, Sansanvi and Semangelaf, to bring Lilith back to Eden. Lilith rebuffed the angels by cursing them. While by the Red Sea Lilith became a lover to demons and producing 100 babies a day. The angels said that God would take these demon children away from her unless she returned to Adam. When she did not return, she was punished accordingly. And, God also gave Adam the docile Eve.
www.pantheon.org...



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wickedwenchlet
Hi Guys I don't post here often, you could say this is one of many of the websites I use to put the pieces together and you are missing vital pieces in the story.....Adam and Eve weren't the first....Lilith was Adams first wife....

......One story is that God created Adam and Lilith as twins joined together at the back. She demanded equality with Adam, failing to achieve it, she left him in anger. This is sometimes accompanied by a Muslim legend that after leaving Adam Lilith slept with Satan, thus creating the demonic Djinn.

In another version of the myth of Lilith, she was Adam's first wife before Eve. Adam married her because he became tired of coupling with animals, a common Middle-Eastern herdsmen practice, though the Old Testament declared it a sin (Deuteronomy 27:21). Adam tried to make Lilith lie beneath him during sexual intercourse. Lilith would not meet this demand of male dominance. She cursed Adam and hurried to her home by the Red Sea.

Adam complained to God who then sent three angels, Sanvi, Sansanvi and Semangelaf, to bring Lilith back to Eden. Lilith rebuffed the angels by cursing them. While by the Red Sea Lilith became a lover to demons and producing 100 babies a day. The angels said that God would take these demon children away from her unless she returned to Adam. When she did not return, she was punished accordingly. And, God also gave Adam the docile Eve.
www.pantheon.org...


Sorry BUT they were not the first
next you will be saying the earth is only 6-10,000 yrs old.



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Once again what is in a name, or a title??? Humans place the ranking system on things, not the creator, regardless of what name you call him or what form you preceive him in. What some may consider an alien another may call it an angel. To some God is science and to others he is a living being. We will not even go into the multiple names he is called by all the many religions within this world. Every individual will identify with him in their own special way, it is personal. The sad thing is that wether one chooses to believe in the creator or not, he still believes in them.

PLPL



new topics

top topics



 
9
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join