It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why I don't believe a "god" created us.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
A wise man on ATS once wrote:

"Is what I am about to post a genuine attempt at civil discourse/debate about the topic or, am I trying to scream at the world and force my personal beliefs down everyone else's throat?"

and:

"Is this thread I am creating an honest attempt at civil discourse/debate about the subject or, am I trying to sow as much hatred as I can about the evil ___________s to wake people up to the fact they are scum?"

Just wondering?

Eh, since you put if that way all 3. My opinion, feel different enlighten me without making it seem like YOU know everything. Too many smartasses on ATS, just saying.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
reply to post by Varemia

I don't find it off-topic at all. I was hoping someone would come in and correct me! I was thinking somewhere along the same lines as you though. Junk DNA isn't just wasted space as many like to think. Since when did the human body or microbiology of organisms mean wasted space?

Function and form and all that, right?

Pretty much, yeah. They may not code proteins, but the "junk" DNA does cause differences in coding. It tends to consist of very short to very long strands of genetic information that will latch onto DNA strands, making it so that when a protein coder tries to code, it suddenly gets blocked. This "junk" DNA is more like "controller" DNA. It regulates which genes are expressed and which ones are repressed.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
reply to post by Varemia

I don't find it off-topic at all. I was hoping someone would come in and correct me! I was thinking somewhere along the same lines as you though. Junk DNA isn't just wasted space as many like to think. Since when did the human body or microbiology of organisms mean wasted space?

Function and form and all that, right?

Pretty much, yeah. They may not code proteins, but the "junk" DNA does cause differences in coding. It tends to consist of very short to very long strands of genetic information that will latch onto DNA strands, making it so that when a protein coder tries to code, it suddenly gets blocked. This "junk" DNA is more like "controller" DNA. It regulates which genes are expressed and which ones are repressed.

Figuratively speaking, we are computers capible of being hacked? Cause I already believe it.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by iKnowWhatISeen

Your correct on every thing you mentioned...im speechless. Whats your zodiac sign. Gemini Sagittarius or Aquarius ?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Not as a motivation point. I would go so far as to say that others individual motivations would be so far removed from our own that we wouldn't recognize them.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaesDaemar

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by SpearMint

1) Nobody knows for sure
2) Nobody knows for sure
3) Refer to 1
4) Refer to 2
5) Aliens

Nothing of value in this comment, what are you basing that on? Personal opinion? #5 completed discredits any other point you try to make, of which there are none.

We DO know evolution is fact, we don't know that the big bang happened though, but no one can say that it didn't.

How can you say that 'we DO know evolution is fact'? I'll agree that there is a lot of sound reasoning behind it, but to say it is a fact is wrong. It is an idea, it has quite a lot of science and data to support it, but it is not absolute. People once thought the Earth being flat was fact, things change.
edit on 4-9-2012 by DaesDaemar because: (no reason given)

Because we can observe and control it on mostly smaller scales, it exists, you can't compare that to a wrong assumption.
edit on 4-9-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

You believe in the big bang? Kill yourself. It's just a THEORY, how would we know how the universe started? Plus it doesnt make sense, something can't be born from nothing, there was always something and there will always be something.

And you don't believe in God?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light

You believe in the big bang? Kill yourself. It's just a THEORY, how would we know how the universe started? Plus it doesnt make sense, something can't be born from nothing, there was always something and there will always be something.

And you don't believe in God?

I believe in something I can't explain, who am I to define god?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
This is a simple case of a person starving at a banquet.
You got the internet, a endless sea of free information at your fingertips, and instead of educating yourself on any one subject (say the difference between hypothesis and theory in scientific terms, or the evolutionary diagram, evidence, etc), you choose ignorance, and then rant on about how your ignorance is then proof that we know nothing.

But this is classic reflection...thing is, -you- know nothing about the subjects, not "we"...the info is out there...do yourself a favor and study up on it..not with wonky conspiracy or religious sites, but proper science based websites..hell, use the wiki at least...better than complete info blackout.

And don't blame school for your not paying attention, blame yourself...the longer you remain the victim mentality, the longer you block yourself from identification of issues and resolution/progression of life.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Your correct on every thing you mentioned...im speechless. Whats your zodiac sign. Gemini Sagittarius or Aquarius ?

Aqaurius O_o , so you must know we are moving into the age of the aqarius, I feel that's the reason for my newfound view of the world. Didn't really commit to radical thinking till around 11/11/11 of last year, creeps me out. I can't remember an exact date but it all started around that time.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by iKnowWhatISeen

In matters of personal spirituality, you are your own pope. You can define speculative wishes however you want..be it God, the great artifical intelligence, the matrix, etc.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Evolution is a fact.

A prime example in this is the Peppered Moth.
How can a Moth show us anything about evolution?
Read the following which details Evolution in Action:
Peppered Moth Evolution
Darwin's evolution Moth chages ...

The evolution of the peppered moth over the last two hundred years has been studied in detail. Originally, the vast majority of peppered moths had light colouration, which according to theory,effectively camouflaged them against the light-coloured trees and lichens which they rested upon. However, because of widespread pollution during the Industrial Revolution in England, many of the lichens died out, and the trees that peppered moths rested on became blackened by soot, causing most of the light-coloured moths, or typica, to die off from predation. At the same time, the dark-coloured, or melanic, moths, carbonaria, flourished because of their ability to hide on the darkened trees.

Since then, with improved environmental standards, light-coloured peppered moths have again become common, but the dramatic change in the peppered moth's population has remained a subject of much interest and study, and has led to the coining of the term industrial melanism to refer to the genetic darkening of species in response to pollutants. As a result of the relatively simple and easy-to-understand circumstances of the adaptation, the peppered moth has become a common example used in attempting to explain or demonstrate natural selection.

The Peppered Moth with it's adaptation through natural selection in response to environmental pressures thus validates Evolution.

Besides the Peppered Moth exemplifying the process of Natural Selection in a 200 year span, we also have detailed progressions of species adaptations over time in the fossil record.
A fine example of this is the Evolution of the Horse

There are, of course, several other examples well documented in the record, such as the dog, whales, and many other animals we know and are familiar with today.

Those that wish to blind themselves to these glaringly obvious examples, or cling to fairy tale stories about The Devil burying all the fossils to fool mankind are welcome to do so, but, in doing so, you close off a whole universe of wonder and amazement for something as inanely simple as magical gods that just make things *poof* happen.

edit on 4-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You sound like a "I seen it on tv so it must be true" kinda guy, everyone's opinion of me on here is wrong and your getting off topic from my point.

LISTEN UP! MY POINT WAS I THINK WE WERE CREATED, BUT NOT BY A ALMIGHTY GOD. I could go on forever explaining why, but you'll just twist it into your own opinion as usual.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

In matters of personal spirituality, you are your own pope. You can define speculative wishes however you want..be it God, the great artifical intelligence, the matrix, etc.

Doesn't mean I'm correct so why waste my time? Another problem with people is that they believe anything that's "scientifically proven" a lot of you are sheep. Bahhhhhhhh

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Doesn't mean I'm correct so why waste my time? Another problem with people is that they believe anything that's "scientifically proven" a lot of you are sheep. Bahhhhhhhh

By definition, believing something that's scientifically proven makes you right.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

By definition, believing something that's scientifically proven makes you right.

How do you know that when you die there isn't a guy who tells you the TRUTH and that you've been lied to your whole life, you don't, so you believe what's scientifically proven? Just like them fake advertisements with there scientifically proven diets? That's why all the photos are photoshopped and actors paid right? They blatantly lie in your face, you seen to be eating and digesting every lie.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

You sound like a "I seen it on tv so it must be true" kinda guy, everyone's opinion of me on here is wrong and your getting off topic from my point.

LISTEN UP! MY POINT WAS I THINK WE WERE CREATED, BUT NOT BY A ALMIGHTY GOD. I could go on forever explaining why, but you'll just twist it into your own opinion as usual.

1) not much of a television guy overall, more of a hobbyist researcher. I enjoy learning new things, questioning former systems of belief, etc. Science is about questioning established understanding and progressing or debunking them.

2) You run into the issue then...they created us, great..who created them, etc. Simple understanding we have currently is that we adapted and sort of morphed over ultimately billions of years to be who we are today. hairless thinking primates. I find it more interesting trying to figure out why and how wel lept from basic instincts to complex thought processes.

and the following message:

3) Reality is quite often subjective. Take a different aspect..you don't know for certain that your mother loves you. You can suspect she does, but you don't truely know...now, either you can just accept your feelings on the subject as the most likely case and be happy with it, or not know therefore be all confused eternally for it and get angry...same with spirituality in general. you can never know the truth outside of your own sphere..you can guess, assume, speculate, etc...but never honestly know. So, what to do with that...eternal confusion, or meh, take a subjective view that appeals to you and makes the most sense, use that until new knowledge comes in to alter some bits.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Another problem with people is that they believe anything that's "scientifically proven" a lot of you are sheep. Bahhhhhhhh

You believe right now that your typing on the internet..why do you believe it? Just because you can "scientifically prove" that you are? By your logic, if you believe you are typing in a forum on the internet verses, say, being a carrot in the ground dreaming of being a human on the internet, then you are a sheep also. so erm..bahh and such back at you.

Reality...your doing it wrong.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

1) not much of a television guy overall, more of a hobbyist researcher. I enjoy learning new things, questioning former systems of belief, etc. Science is about questioning established understanding and progressing or debunking them.

2) You run into the issue then...they created us, great..who created them, etc. Simple understanding we have currently is that we adapted and sort of morphed over ultimately billions of years to be who we are today. hairless thinking primates. I find it more interesting trying to figure out why and how wel lept from basic instincts to complex thought processes.

and the following message:

3) Reality is quite often subjective. Take a different aspect..you don't know for certain that your mother loves you. You can suspect she does, but you don't truely know...now, either you can just accept your feelings on the subject as the most likely case and be happy with it, or not know therefore be all confused eternally for it and get angry...same with spirituality in general. you can never know the truth outside of your own sphere..you can guess, assume, speculate, etc...but never honestly know. So, what to do with that...eternal confusion, or meh, take a subjective view that appeals to you and makes the most sense, use that until new knowledge comes in to alter some bits.

I completely agree, people are misunderstanding what I'm tryna say, it's okay, just my opinion for today, tommorows a new adventure. Thanks for all the input! Greatly appreciate the different views, not the people who automatically try to discredit me. Wish that prophet guy would respond, Howd he know I was aqaurius, he named 3 out of 12 signa and was right about one, he could've been wrong, how'd he know!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

We did not evolve from monkeys

Those who say we are evolved from monkeys want to justify their un-human behaviour.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join