It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why I don't believe a "god" created us.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
1. Look how they explain how man was created in the bible:

"Genesis 2:7 we read, And Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul."

We are too complex to be the product of a magical god, or the product of dust for that matter, we seem more like a science project to me then anything. How the [SNIP] did god create eve from adams rib? That makes no sense. Also the fact that Adam and eve were the FIRST AND ONLY at the time, they had kids who had kids who had kids, sooo we must be the product of incest according to the bible right?

2. Evolution is a lie, it's only to give atheist something to believe. We came from monkeys so why are monkeys still here? When are they gonna turn into humans? Wheres the missing link? Monkeys can't talk, how did we change so drastically in such lil time?

3. We are biological computers, living machines. Right now we have technolgy to create life, we JUST got here. A civilization more advanced then us is sure to be playing god cause you know damn well we are. Why? CURIOSITY.

4. You believe in the big bang? Kill yourself. It's just a THEORY, how would we know how the universe started? Plus it doesnt make sense, something can't be born from nothing, there was always something and there will always be something.

5. I've seen UFOS in person, they exist, and they are watching, waiting, so prepare yourself.
edit on 4-9-2012 by iKnowWhatISeen because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Nobody knows the answers so why bother getting all worked up about it?

What are the UFOs waiting for? Pretty sure if they had bad intentions against us we would have been gone by now. We are probably quarantined from contact until we get our collective asses in gear and do something worthwhile.
edit on 4-9-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by iKnowWhatISeen

2. Evolution is a lie, it's only to give atheist something to believe. We came from monkeys so why are monkeys still here? When are they gonna turn into humans? Wheres the missing link? Monkeys can't talk, how did we change so drastically in such lil time?

1. We did not evolve from monkeys, we share a common ancestor, the last one being approximately 10 million years ago.
2. We can observe evolution.
3. #1 explains why monkeys are still here, you do not understand what evolution actually is.
4. There isn't a missing link.
5. We didn't change drastically over time, try millions and millions of years.
6. Monkeys can't talk because their evolutionary path hasn't given them the ability to do so.

4. You believe in the big bang? Kill yourself. It's just a THEORY, how would we know how the universe started? Plus it doesnt make sense, something can't be born from nothing, there was always something and there will always be something.

1. In science, "theory" doesn't mean what you're implying it does.
2. We can know all sorts of stuff about the universe by observing it.
3. It makes perfect sense, it wasn't something from nothing, yet again you do not even understand the theory.

Please educate yourself on a subject before talking about it.

Why did you have to ruin what started off as a good point by talking crap?
edit on 4-9-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
many good points you make OP, and I agree with your biblical analogies, and your view on ufo's they ARE watching and ARE commin....

if your curious about the evolution thing, I found David Wilcock's viewpoint quite interesting in that the galaxy releases waves of energy which provide an instant evolutionary process, not saying i nessicerally agree but it's interesting none the less.

as for saying if you believe in the big bang, then kill yourself? if everyone did that there would be alot less scientists arond, which would send us backwards.... a little harsh there man....

light, love and all that crap....

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by iKnowWhatISeen

we are made from dirt, whether u like it or not...

if not GOD, then how??? we evolved from rock which turned to dust, mud etc, then bacteria etc etc to us... or GOD...either way we came from dirt...

How the [SNIP] did god create eve from adams rib? That makes no sense.

never heard of genetic engineering???

seeya
edit on 4-9-2012 by Gemwolf because: Snipped quote

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

1. Look how they explain how man was created in the bible:

"Genesis 2:7 we read, And Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul."

We are too complex to be the product of a magical god, or the product of dust for that matter, we seem more like a science project to me then anything. How the [SNIP] did god create eve from adams rib? That makes no sense. Also the fact that Adam and eve were the FIRST AND ONLY at the time, they had kids who had kids who had kids, sooo we must be the product of incest according to the bible right?

3. We are biological computers, living machines. Right now we have technolgy to create life, we JUST got here. A civilization more advanced then us is sure to be playing god cause you know damn well we are. Why? CURIOSITY.

5. I've seen UFOS in person, they exist, and they are watching, waiting, so prepare yourself.

1. So a book you disagree with is why god did not create us?
2. This argument has as many missing links as the fossil record is missing.
3. I know nothing of the sort. Please enlighten me.
4. Gravity is also a theory. Please make sense or provide something besides your opinion if you want a discussion.
5. UFO= unidentified flying object. Please provide your documentation to positively identify anything in the sky, otherwise the object (rock) that hit my windshield and cracked it is as much a UFO as what you have seen.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

1) Nobody knows for sure
2) Nobody knows for sure
3) Refer to 1
4) Refer to 2
5) Aliens

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by SpearMint

1) Nobody knows for sure
2) Nobody knows for sure
3) Refer to 1
4) Refer to 2
5) Aliens

Nothing of value in this comment, what are you basing that on? Personal opinion? #5 completed discredits any other point you try to make, of which there are none.

We DO know evolution is fact, we don't know that the big bang happened though, but no one can say that it didn't.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

never heard of genetic engineering???

seeya

So "god" genetically engineered us? Sounds more like a scientist if you ask me.
Of course I don't know everything, no one does, just correct me if I'm wrong, but you get my point. You believe a god created us because you don't know what did. Most likely you follow behind your parents religion, brainwashing?

My UFO sighting, read description before watching.

edit on 4-9-2012 by iKnowWhatISeen because: The top was meant to be quoted

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
Nobody knows the answers so why bother getting all worked up about it?

What are the UFOs waiting for? Pretty sure if they had bad intentions against us we would have been gone by now. We are probably quarantined from contact until we get our collective asses in gear and do something worthwhile.
edit on 4-9-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

When did I say they had bad intentions?

Also that "it doesn't involve me" attitude is why we are all screwed.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Read a book, will ya? You don't even understand the fundamentals of evolution. Evolution is literally just the observed changes apparent over time in proceeding generations of organisms.

"We came from monkeys" is absolutely wrong. We evolved from the same ape-like creature approximately 5.5 million years ago, alongside the other apes on this planet. "Monkeys" are still here because evolution doesn't erase old versions. If one type of organism survives, and a branch that's different also survives, and they change in different ways while still living on the same planet, they'll both still be around won't they?

That little paragraph is all I need to see to know you know nothing of what you're talking about.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
are you confused, just a bit?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

God-works-in mysterious-ways
-lol-

Darwin's linear evolution theory has been proven false.

3. We are biological computers, living machines. Right now we have technolgy to create life, we JUST got here. A civilization more advanced then us is sure to be playing god cause you know damn well we are.

yes, thats quite possible

4. You believe in the big bang?

I am not too sure

Me too. But I do not know whats in those UFO's. Do you?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
My problem with is that if in order for us to ascend all the way to the Homo Sapiens we are today we required alien intervention...Who created the extraterrestrials? Something had to start it all. There's some sort of evolution or "life" bringing power in the universe.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme

BBC - Playing God

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge, blame the school system. They are the reason I believe what I believe which I now question, blame them for BRAINWASHING me. Obviously I don't know everything, do you?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Right now we have technolgy to create life

We do?!
I'm content to let other members handle the rest of your questions and concerns. I'm just most interested to see evidence of the first petri-dish marriage of amino acids in the lab that spontaneously grew into "life."

Last I heard we could not do it. Evidence please?
edit on 4-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by iKnowWhatISeen

So, a god could not have done it because we are too complex. Therefore aliens did it, lol. Its the same belief you just inserted aliens instead of god. But if aliens did it, how did they come about? Did other aliens create them? And if so where did those aliens come from?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

1. We did not evolve from monkeys, we share a common ancestor, the last one being approximately 10 million years ago.
2. We can observe evolution.
3. #1 explains why monkeys are still here, you do not understand what evolution actually is.
4. There isn't a missing link.
5. We didn't change drastically over time, try millions and millions of years.
6. Monkeys can't talk because their evolutionary path hasn't given them the ability to do so.

1. In science, "theory" doesn't mean what you're implying it does.
2. We can know all sorts of stuff about the universe by observing it.
3. It makes perfect sense, it wasn't something from nothing, yet again you do not even understand the theory.

Please educate yourself on a subject before talking about it.

Why did you have to ruin what started off as a good point by talking crap?
edit on 4-9-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

I endorse this.
Go SpearMint!

It's ridiculous how some try to justify their faith, especially when they argue points against something they don't understand, and glaringly, embarassingly show how unschooled, and vacant of education regarding not only what they're arguing against, but also arguing for.

Refer to my POST HERE regarding EVOLUTION

edit on 4-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Right now we have technolgy to create life

We do?!
I'm content to let other members handle your questions and concerns. I'm just most interested to see evidence of the first petri-dish marriage of amino acids in the lab that spontaneously grew into "life."

Last I heard we could not do it. Evidence please?

I don't know. I'm pretty sure none of our DNA is so called "junk DNA". Who knows what information or what uses this part of our DNA does or can do.

I always found the idea of "junk DNA" to be laughable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join