It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Scientific Report Destroys Global Warming!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
“Just wondering who are you talking to your posts are not directed to anyone? “
Grimpachi
Rwfresh Thanks! I will go back and address my posts.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

The effects of aircraft on global warming is greater than most anything we do because there are so many of them in the air and at high altitudes there are no trees to convert it. I think we could solve half our problems if we didn't fly all over the place. Put a high tax on airfare instead of subsidizing the airline industry and stop giving airmiles as rewards. No other tax is needed. Also making corporate ownership of aircraft illegal would help. I'm asking for a miracle here. This one change can make a world of difference. Buy local grow local and quit concentrating food meat and egg production in one area. spread it out . We need more trees mixed between the farms.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Carbon tax is ridiculous. That is true. It is an effective way of accomplishing things but this winds up being a tax on the middle class and loopholes will allow the elite to sidestep it. People cannot self regulate their destruction of the environment. That is a fact. If we have three quarters of the people trying to conserve the other quarter profit off it by deceiving people into thinking they are helping. Going green is a capitalistic scam. Spending a hundred grand to create a green home causes more destruction of the environment than it saves. Insulating and ventilating are worthwhile investments and planting shade trees around the house helps. Turning lights off in the summer saves lots. I do not believe in compact fluorescent bulbs here in the north. Turn lights off in the summer and the heat from a regular bulb in the winter just helps heat the house. The whole concept of going green is a scam.

Cut the furnace down two degrees in the winter and don't heat areas that you don't use, they can be cooler. Raise the thermostat on the airconditioner to a little higher temperature and it will save lots. We pamper ourselves so much that we are getting fatter. The body uses energy to cool and warm itself. This can help keep us thin and trim. screw diets that include foods that use more energy to digest food than we get from food..

edit on 6-9-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein

No problem it was just that I was really tired and you had me wondering if I had posted something that you were responding to.
I was going huh???

I am still reading these studies and trying to find other scientists that back up there claims. It doesn't seem I am going to find any.
edit on 6-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Facts may be facts, and I dont know if you have noticed, but governments everywhere are trying to implement some form of carbon tax or trading scheme, it doesnt matter if you believe in global warming or the tooth fairy.

The Climate Commission says by 2013, 33 countries and 18 sub-national jurisdictions will have a carbon price in place.
Australia
CHINA (state-based action)
UNITED STATES (state-based action)
CANADA (province-based action)
INDIA (tax on coal)
SOUTH KOREA
JAPAN
EUROPE (national-based action)
FINLAND
THE NETHERLANDS
SWEDEN
NORWAY
DENMARK
SWITZERLAND
UK
IRELAND
COSTA RICA
BRAZIL
SOUTH AFRICA
NEW ZEALAND
source

It does not matter if global warming is real or not, the majority of the population believe it is so the politicians go with the flow.
I am not talking about any TPTB, I am talking the UN, agenda 21, I am talking about facts, not science, but cold hard facts.
UN agenda 21 link

So where does the science debate come into play on a conspiracy web site?
are you going to change the opinion of the majority of skeptics world wide ? I guarantee, 99% already have an opinion and wont be swayed.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

They are designing planes that are very efficient and safe. these planes aren't as fast as conventional jets. They have much less impact on the environment but people want to get everywhere super fast, the faster the better. This has to stop. If your trip takes twenty five percent longer and it cuts the negative effect on the environment in half it is a very good investment in our future. The cost of fuel will be much less so prices don't have to increase at all. No tax necessary and it can make a flight more enjoyable. People need to just get more patience and stop this insane fast pace we have demanded. This concept is hard on tptb though, they want us to go fast so we can't think things over. That way we do things on impulse.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Global warming is real, that is undeniable. The only thing to argue about is the cause. The cure is the same no matter what the cause. Restrict emissions, quit wasting of energy, eliminate death dating of products we buy, Don't buy things you don't really need, and replant forests. None of these are expensive, most save people money. None of these things necessitate a tax. All of these things are in direct conflict with our present twisted form of capitalism though.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

God isn't going to come and save us from this. He may send a representative to steer people in the right direction to save themselves though. Sadly people will not believe this representative unless he causes major destruction to prove his power. Then they will call him the devil
They don't read their bible, only god has the ability to cause this kind of thing, the devil is a trickster and does not have that power. He can trick people into doing things but cannot actually do them. Deceit is deceit no matter what fancy name you give it. Sometimes deceiving people is necessary to get them to do good things. There are two kinds of deceit but the name Devil actually refers to a concept of deceit.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein
“What i am asserting is you are misunderstanding their findings because you yourself have not read the information. Which is clear by the statements you are making.”
rwfresh

“The scientific evidence is clear: global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now, and it is a growing threat to society....The pace of change and the evidence of harm have increased markedly over the last five years. The time to control greenhouse gas emissions is now.”

edit on 6-9-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

I'm going to keep this really simple for you OK? All that matters when it comes to global warming is the EFFECT humans are contributing. YES humans CONTRIBUTE to global warming. So making a statement like:

"global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now"

seems obvious enough right? But that is like saying pool warming by human urination is occurring. What is IMPLIED by the statement is HUMANS ARE CAUSING GLOBAL WARMING. NO we are not. Our existence accounts for less than ONE PERCENT of the TOTAL CAUSE. Do you understand this? The people writing ABOUT the studies are implying something and you are running with it. That is what propaganda is all about. You are unwittingly perpetuating a complete and utter falsehood. The only reason i am still talking to you is i think if you change your perspective and re-read those cherry picked statements you may just see what i am talking about.

Our effect on global warming is sooooooo absolutely negligible it is not even worth considering. The whole reason you are considering it is deceptive marketing to push an agenda. And that agenda has nothing to do with cooling the earth. It is about carbon tax. More control. Diversion from the criminal behavior and poisoning being done by the organizations that are PROMOTING the crap you are regurgitating.

GO and do the research and you will see. Go and take a look for yourself the % effect humans have on the total greenhouse effect. Don't take my word for it. It is not denied by ANY of the scientific organizations you are quoting. You are just misunderstanding the overall message. Science is telling us the earth is warming. Evil poisoners are telling us we need to pay carbon tax to cool the earth. It is a lie.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Rwfresh
I forgot,

The American Association for the Advancement of Science, American Meteorological Society, American Association for the Advancement of Science , National Academy of Sciences of the United States, Royal Meteorological Society (UK), Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society... are all part of the conspiracy!!!

“Since 2007, when the American Association of Petroleum Geologists released a revised statement,[103] no scientific body of national or international standing rejects the findings of human-induced effects on climate change.”
FROM
en.wikipedia.org...

You keep asking me to read when you yourself do not read. All of these organization fall under the UNS. WHY in the world would they go against the authority they fall under? Is is a conspiracy that police officers follow the orders of the sergeant? Should we expect a McDonald's franchise to revolt against McDonald's corporation and declare the food unhealthy? There is no conspiracy. You are just completely uninformed.

Friend.. i don't have many more messages left for you. Stop asking me to read your messages. I've read them and all the responses I've made to those messages remain unedited. So YOU go and read them and stop repeating the same stupid garbage over and over.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I am sure it is next to impossible to convince most of these people but I can try. A big part of it is fear I think. If they accept the fact it is real then it is a scary thing so they just live in denial.

Also most of them believe it is not something that will greatly affect them in their lifetime so they will leave it to the next generation to deal with. There was a study done on the physicology behind this and it found that it is very hard for most people to think in long term effects of just about anything just look at people who smoke cigarettes they know it can cause cancer and all kinds of health problems but they do it anyway. It is a slow suicide but socially accepted but if someone commits suicide it is not socially accepted the only difference is the length of time it takes to reach the same end result even if they do not get cancer it is a proven fact that smoking shortens a person’s life

Dr assisted suicide=illegal
Marlboro assisted suicide=perfectly legal

It doesn’t really make sense when you look at it in that fashion but people’s minds just work that way.

Nuke the planet=everyone screams in fear
Pollute the planet to death=they take the wait and see approach as long as it doesn’t kill us today.

I am so tired my eyes are dry it’s hard to keep reading I will continue this discussion later.

edit on 6-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: spelling

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Originally posted by moniesisfun
reply to post by rwfresh

tsk tsk!

not saying I'm throwing you another.

do tha research, bro!

current

so within 200 years we've gone up ~45%

can you find that ratio?

Friend. you understand that the majority of the CO2 produced on the planet does not come from humans right? You do understand that right? Not trying to be an ass. But seriously.. just wondering if that is the root of your confusion with regards to what i am asking.

Let's not beat around the bush, we're both being passive-aggressive here.

Buddy, if this is your reasoning, it's just pathetic. It means you have no clue what you're talking about.

It's irrelevant that humans actions are currently producing less carbon than nature does. ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT.

There is a natural balance between the rate nature releases, and what it can absorb. We have disrupted that balance.

I will not respond to you again. It's nearly enough to chop my own head off...I just can't stand trying to debate with incredibly ignorant fools.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What the hell?

Youre happy that millions of years from now diversity will flourish, but we have to deal with extinctions now?

You love big oil that much? Haha!
You state the science is sound and factual and yet you're cheering this?
Methinks you just skimmed through after reading the propaganda headline.
Here's a hint. Extinctions are bad

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Did you somehow fail to read the last paragraph of the article you source linked in your OP?

scienceagogo.com... ggregation_id=288381481237582

"Our results seem to show that temperature improves biodiversity through time as well as across space. However, they do not suggest that current global warming is good for existing species. Increases in global diversity take millions of years, and in the meantime we expect extinctions to occur," concluded Tim Benton, of the Faculty of Biological Sciences at the University of Leeds.

For starters, biodiversity is not my primary goal when it comes to global warming but the survival of the human species is. Secondly, when the article states; "they do not suggest that current global warming is good for existing species," they are making two affirmations. First, that there is indeed a "current global warming" taking place and second, it's probably not good for existing species. I don't know about you, but I consider myself to be of those existing species referred to in this statement.

If this article does anything, it affirms that global warming is indeed taking place and that it's not good for existing species, one of which would be the human species. And this is good how?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Rwfresh
Here,
abcnews.go.com...

Science can be confusing, especially to global warming deniers. Scientists typically, (because of a tradition of skepticism few scientists say 100% certainty) say things like “strong certainty”. The site I gave above shows how the way a scientist thinks can be confusing to the lay public (an example of what “lay public” means www_d.org...). It is interesting that both the American Meteorological Society

(“There is unequivocal evidence that Earth’s lower atmosphere, ocean, and land surface are warming; sea level is rising; and snow cover, mountain glaciers, and Arctic sea ice are shrinking. The dominant cause of the warming since the 1950s is human activities.”
And that in a 2010 paper in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States,
“97–98% of the climate researchers most actively publishing in the field support the tenets of ACC (Anthropogenic Climate Change) ,...)

issued strong statements. Many more have also, but as I said in a previous post there are too many to include!

I'm not a denier that the earth's temperature regularly fluctuates. Not at all. But keep regurgitating your fantasies. Make sure to pay your Carbon tax to the UN. They will definitely stop the earth's climate. Science has been so successful at controlling our environment for our benefit so far. Why stop believing now? Absolve yourself from responsibility. Be afraid. Commit yourself to mindlessness to perpetuate the fantasy that daddy science is going to lower the earth's temperature for you by having you pay some tax. hahahahaha.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
this thread is a perfect example of right's campaign trail.

A wall of info or a lot of information given about a given topic. Then at the end there is a direct contridiction to what was stated. This article states that Global Warming is indeed happening and will have a subsequent negative impact upon us in the immediate future.

The campaign trail spews a record number of lies and then states that fact checkers will not run the campaign.

Do you guys ever hear yourselves anymore?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

reply to post by rwfresh

tsk tsk!

not saying I'm throwing you another.

do tha research, bro!

current

so within 200 years we've gone up ~45%

can you find that ratio?

Friend. you understand that the majority of the CO2 produced on the planet does not come from humans right? You do understand that right? Not trying to be an ass. But seriously.. just wondering if that is the root of your confusion with regards to what i am asking.

Let's not beat around the bush, we're both being passive-aggressive here.

Buddy, if this is your reasoning, it's just pathetic. It means you have no clue what you're talking about.

It's irrelevant that humans actions are currently producing less carbon than nature does. ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT.

There is a natural balance between the rate nature releases, and what it can absorb. We have disrupted that balance.

I will not respond to you again. It's nearly enough to chop my own head off...I just can't stand trying to debate with incredibly ignorant fools.

It's irrelevant for people like yourself that are willingly deluding themselves and absolving themselves from responsibility. But you keep running around telling people they are ignorant. Support the wars, eat your burgers, drink your poison. You are on the right side. The one that says we should all pay carbon tax.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
How can anyone debunk GLOBAL WARMING when it's happening all around us. And yes, by the time some of you get it, you will be crawling on the ground (okay fine grown gills swimming ) blind trying to get some food (or trying to escape being food).

If global warming does not exist then why don't we go back to running air conditioners with freon instead of the new more expensive stuff? Whatever happened to the ozone hole in the north and south poles? Did they become happy and disappear?

The time line for all this foolishness to end is written in the bible. The book of Isaiah tells us that the light of the sun WILL BECOME SEVEN TIMES BRIGHTER and the LIGHT OF THE MOON will be as bright as the sun.
That's when the ozone has rolled away as a scroll and will leave us unprotected.

The evidence to this will be the fact that there will be NO LAND BASED ICE seen in the mountains. But, there will be plenty of streams, rivers and lakes. The sad part about this is that THE GREAT EARTHQUAKE will strike and the towers fall with a great slaughter. (Isaiah 30:25)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

It is amazing how much you have to say on the matter and how little you contribute.

I answered your question and provided the article but YOU HAVE NOT OFFERED ANY SUPPORTING EVIDENCE TO YOUR CLAIMS. If you will not provide any evidence to support your statements then I will just have to regard any and everything you have to say as blowing hot air. (Pun intended)

To be clear I only care to discuss issues dealing with global warming and climate change I do not care about all the side issue distractions you keep bringing up. DU, nuclear reactors, war, carbon credits, chemicals being dumped, your overwhelming psychiatric bill, or any other issues you can’t seem to find the correct thread for. I just don’t care. If you cannot stay on topic do not expect a reply in any other form than ridicule.

edit on 6-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: add and spellcheck

If you want to try and make me feel bad you will have to try a lot harder. It is you who have failed to remain on topic. I'm trying to help you out here. Maybe you respond better to ridicule?

Human activity accounts for less than 1% of total carbon production over the last 100 years. Water vapor accounts for 99% of the total greenhouse effect. Go and use the internet. You are on it now.

If you actually believe that by turning down your thermostat you are going to cool the earth you are an absolute lost fool.

I hope my single assertion is clear enough for you. MANMADE CO2 is completely NEGLIGIBLE in terms of the earth's temperature.

" There is no dispute at all about the fact that even if punctiliously observed, (the Kyoto Protocol) would have an imperceptible effect on future temperatures -- one-twentieth of a degree by 2050. "

Dr. S. Fred Singer, atmospheric physicist
Professor Emeritus of Environmental Sciences at the University of Virginia,
and former director of the US Weather Satellite Service;
in a Sept. 10, 2001 Letter to Editor, Wall Street Journal

" I can only see one element of the climate system capable of generating these fast, global changes, that is, changes in the tropical atmosphere leading to changes in the inventory of the earth's most powerful greenhouse gas-- water vapor. "

Dr. Wallace Broecker, a leading world authority on climate
Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University,
lecture presented at R. A. Daly Lecture at the American Geophysical Union's
spring meeting in Baltimore, Md., May 1996.

Anthropogenic (man-made) Contribution to the "Greenhouse
Effect," expressed as % of Total (water vapor INCLUDED)
Based on concentrations (ppb) adjusted for heat retention characteristics % of Greenhouse Effect
(total effect) (natural) (man-made)
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) 3.618% 3.502% 0.117%

It's not even disputed I am a retarded robot. I am so completely uninformed and brainwashed and refuse to READ the available information. Instead I propagate the misinformed fantasies of my brain that has been programmed to

I couldn't aree with you more on that last part.

Now if you can be bothered to post links to the excerpts you typed out so we can see where this info came from and find out if it is accepted as fact by the scientific community then we just might have a something to talk about. Or should we all just take your word for it because you have provided so much substantiated evidence through this entire thread. ( Sarcasm intended) After all you haven’t tried to deflect away from the issue at all with talk about war, DU, nuclear energy, or lack of civility that you have. (Some sarcasm)

If you post articles you need to post the link to the source honestly how long have you been on this site? We all know you keep repeating the same tired mantras but only politicians get away with talking nonsense and presenting it as fact.

edit on 6-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join