It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about planetary object close to sun

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Just took my tele out with solar lense and couldnt see a thing beside or around the sun. Im going to say its a refraction of light from all the lenses or just your eyes being fried from starring at the sun.....

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Funny you should mention the Easter Bunny because one of the Kuiper Belt planets discovered by a NASA affilliate got this name for a short time...along with another one called Snow White etc. etc. So now what?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordpiney
did it look anything like this???

No that is not what it looked like. It is bigger.. However I went out and looked again because again, I'm not getting any answers here... And tilted my head while looking at it. As I tilted my head it also moved, therefore I do not believe it is a planet now. However I still do not know what it is.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Are you sure it wasn't a sun dog?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Enemyc0mbatant

I was merely trying to state that when you give statements that are completely contradicting of each other people tend not to believe a story. Now I admit the statement I made about you wanting attention was a bit ignorant and you could make up a story for any number of reasons, but that aside you still haven't addressed why you said one thing and than completely changed the scenario when some one came up with a legitimate and logical answer to what it could be.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
an imperfect pair of glasses??? maybe a small bubble in the glass. it tilted when you tilted makes me think its the lens

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker10
an imperfect pair of glasses??? maybe a small bubble in the glass. it tilted when you tilted makes me think its the lens

The wierd thing is though is there was another time that I noticed it and like I said I ran in checked my star walk and the moon was in perfect position in fact so perfect I thought maybe there was some kind of eclipse coming up.

Yes maybe an imperfection in my glasses but it's just so wierd that it was the moon last time and it was pretty much in the same position oriented next to the sun as this appears to be.

It's round, blocked by sun rays without some type of shade. I don't know which is why I made this post.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BriGuyTM90

I was merely trying to state that when you give statements that are completely contradicting of each other people tend not to believe a story. Now I admit the statement I made about you wanting attention was a bit ignorant and you could make up a story for any number of reasons, but that aside you still haven't addressed why you said one thing and than completely changed the scenario when some one came up with a legitimate and logical answer to what it could be.

I didn't change anything. I was laying out in my pool wearing my sun glasses and I noticed it by squinting my eyes a bit. I then put on multiple pairs to get a better look. I don't see where I changed anything... Anyways I don't know what it is maybe some kind of anomaly in my vision or in my sunglasses I don't know.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If this was a real threat to us, then it would be noticed by most amateur astronomers. Sun glasses do not filter enough light to see a planet, to me that is just common sense.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enemyc0mbatant
Without all these sun glasses you wouldn't be able to see it.

Originally posted by Enemyc0mbatant
however I noticed it with just one pair of glasses.

Im not saying your whole story is fake and that you are not seeing anything but one of these statements has to be false, but I do wish you the best in your and hope you find out what it is.

edit on 3-9-2012 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

OP --
Have you used your telescope yet to get a better look, or to confirm what you saw with the sunglasses?

edit on 9/3/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
so what is it???????why we dont feel the effects of this celestial body??????????????????..

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You were using polarized lenses and the angle of the light hit a portion of your sunglasses in such a way that you thought you saw something 'next to' the Sun. When you grabbed more lenses you may or may not have seen something more. That's why it 'moved' when you tilted your head, the polarization shifted so that whatever you were seeing was both disappearing in one position and appearing in another.

You can make a rainbow disappear if you turn your sun glasses sideways while looking through them.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
in all seriousness you should see an optomitrist you might have something in your eye. if it moved when you tilted your head your eyes also tilted.

some years ago when i use to work on cars i was looking in the mirror one day and i noticed a black spot on my eye. my eye wasn`t red or irritated and it didn`t affect my vision so i wasn`t too worried about it. a few weeks later when i finally went to the eye doctor he said it was a piece of rust embedded in my eye. he had to take a metal instrument and scrape it out.
i learned my lesson, if you are going to be grinding motor mounts off a ford pickup truck it`s best to wear eye protection like goggles.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Here is a good question. Because nobody knows what it is and everyone sees it at the same place and time. My sis woke me up and asked me to see this very bright light. It was so bright, it was the brightest thing in the whole sky. I live near the mississippi and this thing was to the left of orion. I am no star chart person so i tried to look on a star map and guess. well, like i said, it was to the left of orion in the constalation canis major and it said the name might be cma sirus. Now the last time i looked at it was about 3 months ago. Now it is bigger in size. and i looked at it on sept. 2nd 2012 at 5:00 a.m central standard time in MN. What is this huge bright light to the left of orion. It is the brightest thing in the sky?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Sirius is the brightest star in the sky (with the exception of the sun). Your description matches that of what would be Sirius.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
As an avid astronomer do you not have aquaintances in the field who are likewise, to discuss this with? If this were me, I would find people who are avaricious about such things, as they would most indubitably have the answers you are looking for.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Sirius is the brightest star in the sky (with the exception of the sun). Your description matches that of what would be Sirius.

why is cma sirus getting bigger and brighter as the months go by? It seems a little odd.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Orion is in the east before dawn. To the left (north) Venus is very bright since it first started appearing as the morning star since June. It was at its brightest in July but since it is rising earlier and earlier it may seem to be brighter because the sky is darker.

Sirius would be more "below" Orion before dawn.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
OK, admit it. You do what I do once in a great while that would make every eye doc on the globe have a coronary.

You stare at the sun long enough to get spotted vision and thought you saw something fishy.

Juuuust consider it. I thought I was seeing a massive, perfectly round sunspot with just polarized sunglasses once. Turns out, I was too numbskulled to realize I was frying my eyeballs.

Dollars to donuts this is what you saw.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join