It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about planetary object close to sun

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by Enemyc0mbatant

OP --
Have you used your telescope yet to get a better look, or to confirm what you saw with the sunglasses?

edit on 9/3/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

No I don't currently own a sun filter for my scope.

Also I do appreciate everyone whom gave information to me. Thank you very much. After all it was just a question out of curiosity.

The only reason why I brought this about is because it had happened before and when I looked at my star chart, it was the moon.

Let me explain again how I noticed this. I was wearing one pair of sun glasses and I noticed something just off to the left of the sun. I used my hand to try and block the sun to get a better look. I noticed the object still so I used more sunglasses to try and dim the sun to get a better look. This time when I looked at my star chart it was not the moon.

As for me being an avid astronomer some of you guys are almost asking for documents of proof that I have an astronomy hobby. Ridiculous. I don't have the best telescope but I also don't have the worst. Just something that my girlfriend and myself could use to view the planets.

Again thanks to everyone whom had some insightful information.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Enemyc0mbatant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Can you get one and tell us what you see?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enemyc0mbatant

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

OP --
Have you used your telescope yet to get a better look, or to confirm what you saw with the sunglasses?

No I don't currently own a sun filter for my scope...

Have you tried the projection method of viewing the Sun with your telescope?

edit on 9/4/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I can't believe how much ridicule and belittling are thrown in the OP's direction. The poor guy was mearly asking what we think it could be. Who are we to judge what he decides to believe as we put forward our ideas? No sense in arguing about it. That's not what this thread is about.

I think it could be some sort of reflection of the sun itself from sunglasses which may get darker with every extra pair you put on, which gives the illusion of a clearer view.

And you say it had moved a bit when you looked at it a second time a while later. Maybe it's because you weren't quite standing or laying down in the exact position you were before?

If its still there now, maybe you should try and take a picture somehow with your telescope. Maybe use your sunglasses? Worth a try

Good luck!
edit on 4-9-2012 by Xquizit because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordpiney
did it look anything like this???

If the planet passes earth so close why should he be warned about to specific dates a month apart?

Just asking.

OH! just realized it's because first date gave nothing and second date is a backup.

Disregard this post. It makes less sense than the video.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Can you get one and tell us what you see?

Why on earth are we even asking this. If poster can see it so can everyone else.

Go out and look for yourselves.

If you can't see it then poster ...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Alright, I just went outside with 4 pairs of sunglasses and looked right at the sun. I saw exactly what I think you saw. Only now I'm inside and I can still see little dark "planets" threw my vision. That was a bad idea. Lol

I really do believe you are seeing mini shadows of the sun.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
He didn't need to go outside and have a look. Common sense tells us that there is no large unknown planet near the Sun, because its gravitational field would have disturbed the orbits of the known planets a long time ago.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

Right you are.
Exhibit A - NASA GRAIL Mission.
Exhibit B - NASA GRACE Mission.
Exhibit C - Modified Newtonian Gravity Theory
Exhibit D - Three Body Problem
Exhibit E - Greenland Ice Sheet Melts In Four Days
Exhibit F - Snow In South Africa
The problem with "common sense" is the word "common"

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

NASA has given us all some amazing gifts through the hard work and dedication of some very talented individuals. Unfortunately they have tainted these discoveries by submitting documents so heavily redacted a forty page report nets two pages. Taxpayers fund these missions and since their work is often tagged "for all humanity" it stands to reason we should know what they're up to.
Based on their track record I put them in the same boat with Freemasons and the CIA.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

So today beautiful day laying in our pool and I decided to take my sun glasses, my girlfriends sunglasses and 2 other pairs to take a look at a planetary looking object next to the sun. Without all these sun glasses you wouldn't be able to see it.

So I decided to check my star walk app to see if maybe its the moon... It's not. It's also too big to be a planet such as Venus or mercury.

So the question I pose is, what the hell is it? Is it Niburu?

Also this is a dead serious question so if you have nothing good to say please move along as I am posing a serious question. I am an avid astronomer so I know a little about what I am talking about.

I also know it is not a lens flare as I cleaned all glasses to make sure.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Enemyc0mbatant because: (no reason given)

I want to pose to you two pointed and direct questions. If this is a planet why do all the videos, photos and reports all differ on the location of such a large planetary body? Does that make sense to you? Don't you think logically it should be at the same location on the same day at least?

Next why did you not photograph this object or alert the media show a reporter the same thing you did? Why post it here?

edit on 4-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

So today beautiful day laying in our pool and I decided to take my sun glasses, my girlfriends sunglasses and 2 other pairs to take a look at a planetary looking object next to the sun. Without all these sun glasses you wouldn't be able to see it.

So I decided to check my star walk app to see if maybe its the moon... It's not. It's also too big to be a planet such as Venus or mercury.

Also this is a dead serious question so if you have nothing good to say please move along as I am posing a serious question. I am an avid astronomer so I know a little about what I am talking about.

I want to pose to you two pointed and direct questions. If this is a planet why do all the videos, photos and reports all differ on the location of such a large planetary body? Does that make sense to you? Don't you think logically it should be at the same location on the same day at least?

Next why did you not photograph this object or alert the media show a reporter the same thing you did? Why post it here?

Well I have tried to photograph it however I used my IPad to do it... Lol and it didn't turn out at all. I will try again when my girlfriends camera has charged up.

About the location... I have not a clue.

Like I said though it looked like a planetary object however it probably is just the sun reflecting somehow.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Let me explain again how I noticed this. I was wearing one pair of sun glasses and I noticed something just off to the left of the sun. I used my hand to try and block the sun to get a better look. I noticed the object still so I used more sunglasses to try and dim the sun to get a better look. This time when I looked at my star chart it was not the moon.

As for me being an avid astronomer some of you guys are almost asking for documents of proof that I have an astronomy hobby. Ridiculous. I don't have the best telescope but I also don't have the worst. Just something that my girlfriend and myself could use to view the planets.

Again thanks to everyone whom had some insightful information.

Viewing the sun

NEVER LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE SUN WITH NAKED EYE OR THROUGH SUNGLASSES, CAMERA VIEWFINDER, OR ANY FORM OF UNFILTERED MAGNIFICATION !
You may have already caused permanent damage to your eyes. That link lists three safe ways to view the sun. None of them involve sunglasses.

Regarding your astronomy hobby, I never expected to see any kind of documentation, but it does seem pretty odd you apparently know Venus and Mercury are the two closest planets to the sun yet you still ask about a larger planetary body...it just seems like an amateur astronomer would know better, that's all.

But please, don't damage your eyes any more than you already have, and be sure to use something much safer than sunglasses to view the sun in the future.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Well I have tried to photograph it however I used my IPad to do it... Lol and it didn't turn out at all. I will try again when my girlfriends camera has charged up.

About the location... I have not a clue.

Like I said though it looked like a planetary object however it probably is just the sun reflecting somehow.

Is it still there today? Have you shown anyone else? What kind of sunglasses? What time of the day? Where do you live? Why has no one in the scientific community or amateur community confirmed this phenomenon?
Do you see what I am saying how do we corroborate your story to actual evidence? Otherwise why should I believe you?

Here is the last question I have for you.
Do you honestly believe something that large can just appear and yet no media coverage, no tangible scientific proof, nothing substantial but optical illusions and hearsay.

Prove to me it is real! Tell me how to see it myself the burden of proof is on you! Otherwise this should be moved to the hoax bin!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Just for the record:

In broad daylight, especially next to the Sun, you cannot possibly see any planet, comet, or anything else for that matter. The sky and the glare from the Sun are just too bright for that.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

That's not entirely accurate;

Planet Venus Visible in Daytime Sky Today: How to See It

It's possible for an object to be bright enough to be visible during the daytime, the moon, venus...a nearby supernova.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join