It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious hand mudra in Bali

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hi fellow Atsers.

During my quest for hand postures around the globe (using google earth), i found this one in Bali:

Is there someone who knows the exact name of this Mudra and its effect on the body?

edit on 3-9-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

The gesture of "wheel turning" or the turning of the wheel of the Dharma. This symbolises one of the most important moments in the life of Buddha, when he preached his first sermon after his Enlightenment. Significantly, in this mudra, the hands are held in front of the heart, symbolising that these teachings are straight from Buddha's heart.
www.thornlandsparknursery.com.au...

Are they pointing to the heart? Interesting.. i'll have a dig.

edit on 3-9-2012 by Samuelis because: dumbness

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

The gesture of "wheel turning" or the turning of the wheel of the Dharma. This symbolises one of the most important moments in the life of Buddha, when he preached his first sermon after his Enlightenment. Significantly, in this mudra, the hands are held in front of the heart, symbolising that these teachings are straight from Buddha's heart.
www.thornlandsparknursery.com.au...

Are they pointing to the heart? Interesting.. i'll have a dig.

Well... It doesn't look like the Dharmachakra Mudra (or wheel turning gesture) at all.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Kapithan Mudra, Its used alot in Indian traditional dance. IIRC it Index finger pointing at spiritual enemy giving warning, middle finger indicating a willingness to battle it at all cost.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

Kapithan Mudra, Its used alot in Indian traditional dance. IIRC it Index finger pointing at spiritual enemy giving warning, middle finger indicating a willingness to battle it at all cost.

If the thumb touches the proximal interphalangeal joint, can it also be called the Kapitthaka mudra?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
No. The Mudra to wash away fear would need the thumb touching the very tip of the ring finger. It's also done sitting only in contemplation.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It might be interesting, or helpful, to know who these statues are or what deity they represent. If you don't know, than at least a location would be useful to determine what they are.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fedeykin

The only information i have is that it's in Bali, Indonesia.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Also seen in the Sacred Heart depiction of Jesus, is the same symbol.

in a previous post i spoke of "the ring finger" and a vein which runs through it known in latin as "vena amoris" or "the vein of love". in biology, this vein connects directly to the heart within the body.

the symbol is a hand gesture for "blessing". as in to contribute a portion of one's own "universal credits" into another person's account. can be used to signal deities and other spiritual entities to watch over or provide guidance or attention to a person's needs.

of course the hand symbol is not necessary to give blessings. as it is all really done with thought and assignment. it can be used to symbolize "making a special place in your heart in consideration of another."

examine your own hands. notice the difference in dexterity and coordination. the baby and ring finger are lacking significantly when compared to the index and middle fingers. it is a natural hand symbol. a notion to make a topic of this weakness in the hand. that it seems that half of one's hand is weak. many including doctors may say that this is normal. however.. with training and practice the dexterity of all fingers can be brought up to par! naturally it also makes the arms wrist and hand at least twice stronger than normal. an entire "bone" so to speak is awakened.

this is just the tip of the iceberg as the 100% dexterity ability is awakened via the chakras at the center of the palm. but the nerves and tendons must also be developed via various forms of physical therapy. a thing which musical instruments naturally and joyfully provide.

developing the hands develops the brain. that's all i will say on it for now. keep researching. soon you will see how logical this spiritual thing really is just through study.. and that it is worth the investment if you would dare to truly attempt to discover. with facts such as these weaknesses in the human entity being so blatantly obvious.. yet sorely overlooked by the masses for so long.
edit on 3-9-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

I apostatized from christianity.
Joke aside, I doubt that the mudra of Jesus you posted has the same effect than the initial one in the first post. The ring and little fingers of his right hand aren't joined and the thumb isn't touching the ring finger.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

Suprisingly, after performing this mudra three days in a row (in the morning), i can say that it's quite similar to what is written about the kapitthaka mudra:

Kapitthaka mudra is said to open the flow of energy to the heart, release emotional toxicity, and promote emotional well-being and serenity.

It also had a strong effect on the muladhara chakra region during the first two days. My state of well-being dramatically increased and the dryness of my skin disappeared (i feel as if i bathed in oil).

edit on 4-9-2012 by D1ss1dent because: picture

top topics

join