It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney, The Life Saving Hero

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Though I've never been a huge fan of the man, he's still got my vote, largely due to the antics of the media.

Sheeple beware!

Just last week, we witnessed MSNBC completely ignore and intentionally cut convention speeches by Republican minorities at the RNC, cutting away during these times to air Chris and Rachel talk about, what they try to call, "racism" in the Republican Party.
link
The same MSNBC that up until about a year ago did not have a single person of color in their lineup. They finally hired Al Sharpton to meet their racial diversity quota.

The musical acts for the DNC were difficut to book and now it appears Hollywood is bailing on President Obama and the Democrat National Convention.

I'm sure the Dems and the media are worried about low attendance so now they've decided to start giving tickets away to Obama's speech.

We'll find out soon enough if they are able to get all the stadium seats filled,but it's gonna be tough, considering they still have 73,778 seats available.

Maybe they'll get their friends in Hollywood to do a little CGI magic and fill in the seats virtually?

This is yet another blatant attempt by the shills in the media keep trying their darndest to keep Obama's head above water all while trying to sink the Romney ship.
Which is why they will never report on any stories that will make Mitt Romney look like the hero that he just may be.

Case in point:

Romney saves drowning dog, missing teen

“In July 1996, the 14-year-old daughter of Robert Gay, a partner at Bain Capital, had disappeared. She had attended a rave party in New York City and gotten high on ecstasy. Three days later, her distraught father had no idea where she was. Romney took immediate action. He closed down the entire firm and asked all 30 partners and employees to fly to New York to help find Gay’s daughter. Romney set up a command center at the LaGuardia Marriott and hired a private detective firm to assist with the search. He established a toll-free number for tips, coordinating the effort with the NYPD, and went through his Rolodex and called everyone Bain did business with in New York and asked them to help find his friend’s missing daughter. Romney’s accountants at Price Waterhouse Cooper put up posters on street poles, while cashiers at a pharmacy owned by Bain put fliers in the bag of every shopper. Romney and the other Bain employees scoured every part of New York and talked with everyone they could – prostitutes, drug addicts – anyone.

“That day, their hunt made the evening news, which featured photos of the girl and the Bain employees searching for her. As a result, a teenage boy phoned in, asked if there was a reward, and then hung up abruptly. The NYPD traced the call to a home in New Jersey, where they found the girl in the basement, shivering and experiencing withdrawal symptoms from a massive ecstasy dose. Doctors later said the girl might not have survived another day. Romney’s former partner credits Mitt Romney with saving his daughter’s life, saying, ‘It was the most amazing thing, and I’ll never forget this to the day I die.’

But it didn't stop there.
Here is another life saving incident where Mitt and his Sons saved a family, and their dog, from a sinking boat.

“We heard a whole bunch of screaming,” said Josh Romney, who immediately hopped onto his Jet Ski. “We tore out of there and my dad hopped on the other Jet Ski and came out right after us.”

Roughly 300 yards out onto the lake, six adult family members and their dog were floundering in the water, after their boat suddenly sprung a huge leak — sinking in less than 90 seconds, Josh said.

The governor pulled the two younger women aboard his three-seater Jet Ski and zoomed back to shore, while his sons helped the mother of the family onto their vehicle.

The rescuing Romneys also managed to snatch the family dog, McKenzie, from a watery grave — grabbing the Scottish terrier first because it was the only passenger without a lifejacket.

“It looked like it wasn’t going to last much longer,” said Josh, who held the waterlogged pooch on the ride back to shore.

There you have it, Mitt Romney has saved lives and yep, these are the stories the media will continue to ignore as they continue to protect Obama.

+35 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Though I've never been a huge fan of the man, he's still got my vote, largely due to the antics of the media.

Now there's a cop out if I've ever heard one.

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
You poor deluded soul. Mitt has no conscience. He could care less that someone was drowning unless there was a news-crew around to capitalize on the hero aspect.

If you really want to support a man of integrity who is a Republican why don't you support Ron Paul?

Mitt does not support the rights of gay people even though the constitution does.

Abortion is largely responsible for for a 50% drop in crime rates. Read Freakanomics. Romney wants to repeal Roe V. Wade. That would be an extraordinary step backward for mankind.

The only thing this candidate offers is repression. If you support that then vote for him.

70% of America will be voting for someone else.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No cop out, just a fact Ma'am.
You should read some of my posts from during the primaries as proof.
But I'm just touching on something the media will not touch.
I just want honest reporting from the media, but they won't do it, so I won't play their games.
I'm sure I'm not only one that can see his media bias.

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don't buy it

He saved a dog? Was this before or after he tortured his own?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

Repression or unemployment?
It all depends on what 100% of Americans will consider to be a higher priority?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i think the word is 'bullhonkey'. american politic's seem's to be just a corny reality TV show.
it's funny to watch but also quite sad.

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I just want honest reporting from the media, but they won't do it, so I won't play their games.
I'm sure I'm not only one that can see his media bias.
Mitt Saves Lives....

And how many Lives did Mitt Destroy while with Bain.

Few Hundred Thousand maybe.........

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

reply to post by onecraftydude

Repression or unemployment?
It all depends on what 100% of Americans will consider to be a higher priority?

Why do we have such high unemployment? Did Obama cause it?Were you alive 4 years ago when the economy crashed due to our government overspending orgy?

You support repression because it is better than unemployment even though it means going back to Iraq and attacking multiple other targets in the middle east possibly even Russia?

70% of America is SANE.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
No, this story can't be true because it is opposite of what we expect a big, bad CEO to do.

If it's true, kudos to him for putting in that effort for a colleague and not blowing it up during his campaign as a "look what I did" ad.

It it isn't true, thanks again msm and whoever made it up.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I don't buy it

He saved a dog? Was this before or after he tortured his own?

There you go again, hypocrisy at its best,

I suppose you feel Obama's canine ala carte is ok?
Not only is it way beyond torture, it's downright sick.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
After meeting a recently-homeless hurricane Isaac victim, Romney told them to "go home and call 211". Some real compassion, there.

But instead, let's laud Romney for using his jet ski to pluck some hapless boaters out of the water after their boat capsized. I won't diss him for that, he helped some unfortunate boaters when they needed help. I expect anyone of us would do the same. Just a little odd the conservative bloggers are making a much bigger deal over it, calling him a 'life saving hero'. Not like he was putting his life on the line by running into a burning building. PS: what's his fiscal policy towards police and firefighters again...?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

You do know Obama at the time was only a child, between 6 and 10 years old when he lived in Indonesia, when he was fed what is for Indonesians a staple of their diet. Many Asian countries eat canines and felines, it's sad fact. Live cat's and dogs, skinned, and nailed to a board through the spine so the meat won't spoil, and sold in the marketplaces. Blaming a child for living in that environment seems a tad shallow. Romney, when he strapped his dog carrier to a roof rack, was an adult and should have known better.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Since your link to the report is dead, I had to Google it and found this on Snopes.

Mellisa left her parents' home that day, took a train to New York and never returned, after attending a rave concert on Randalls Island. While at the concert, her father said, she took the drug Ecstasy and then "wandered the city". During her wandering, the father said, she met a young man who took her to his parents' home in Towaco, N.J.

The young man, whose name was not released, kept her in the home without his parents knowledge, the police said. Officers went to the home in response to several telephone calls, but the police would not give further details. The Montville police said no charges would be filed."

Saved her life?

Maybe saved her from an STD or a teen pregnancy... but not from death.

ETA: I did lose track. Mitt Romney apparently did save a dog once.

~Heff
edit on 9/1/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Finally a Pro-Romney thread, most of the others were anti-romney. There's actually very few people anywhere that did any research into Romney's character. Thanks for keeping your "eyes peeled."

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

But instead, let's laud Romney for using his jet ski to pluck some hapless boaters out of the water after their boat capsized. I won't diss him for that, he helped some unfortunate boaters when they needed help. I expect anyone of us would do the same.

Like Simon Cowell.

Simon Cowell Saves 9 Passengers On Sinking Yacht

Surly Simon Cowell may not be so surly after all: The "X Factor" judge is being called a hero after he rescued nine passengers from a nearby sinking yacht Wednesday. The London Evening Standard reports that the 52-year-old music mogul and ex-girlfriend Sinitta (hmmm?) were vacationing on Cowell's private ship in ritzy St. Tropez when they received a May Day distress call. Cowell then called for his captain to help out the soon-to-be-stranded passengers of the doomed 35-foot boat. www.huffingtonpost.com...

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Translation: I'll do anything to justify voting for a man that my subconscious, facts, history, and basic analysis suggests against.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Not like he was putting his life on the line by running into a burning building. PS: what's his fiscal policy towards police and firefighters again...?

He's all over it, remember?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

After meeting a recently-homeless hurricane Isaac victim, Romney told them to "go home and call 211". Some real compassion, there.

HuufPost?

You pretty much proved the very point I was trying to make about the MSM.
Anything repub and positive let's bury it, anything negative and lets blast the airwaves.

What is so wrong with laying all out and letting us decide?
Why cherry pick the hell out of it?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

So you're telling me that the only reason you are voting for Romney is because you believe the media has a liberal bias? This makes no sense. How is voting in Romney going to change your views on the media having a bias of some kind? Are you voting for Romney to end what you view as bias in the media? Are you expecting his administration to do something about it?

Do you have any legitimate reason to vote in Romney other than out of spite and partisanship?

I'm sure the Dems and the media are worried about low attendance so now

So you're also voting Republican because they supposedly had a high attendance in your view?

Which is why they will never report on any stories that will make Mitt Romney look like the hero that he just may be.

Oh for goodness sakes, are you even trying to convince that you have legitimate reasons for voting him in??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join