It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney, The Life Saving Hero

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
So Romney said something on the Campaign trail July 12, 1996. His partner at Bain Capital Robert Gay said yes its true. And they posted a picture to prove it.

Yes the proof is a missing girl poster on a window in the subway?

I wonder what Robert Gay would say today considering the had a falling out and he left Bain Capital and went to work with Romney's cousin Jon Huntsman Sr. at Huntsman Gay Global Capital. That is where most of the leaks are coming from about Romney and Bain Capital. Jon Huntsman is a long time donator to Harry Reid. Harry Reid is the one who said some who donates to him told him Romney paid no taxes for ten years.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
We better pass a law to stop all those people that put their dogs in the back of their pick up trucks and let them hang out the windows going 65 miles an hour down the highway. And all those horses standing up in trailers with the windows open for hours and hours.

get some perspective.

It's the same as saying abort all the kids you want but no death penalty....no logic what so ever.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

You're comparing apples and oranges, anyone that defends the Romney dog story REALLY must not have dogs or care much about them. I would have a heart attack strapping my dog to the top of my car, one slip, and your dog is gone a horrendous death. Not to mention it is extremely terrifying for the dog....

link   
I will agree with Annee on it being unfair to bash the President for eating dog. Didn't care for his Palin/eating dog joke.

Obama Jokes About Eating Dog: "A Pitbull is Delicious"

link   

Originally posted by timetothink
We better pass a law to stop all those people that put their dogs in the back of their pick up trucks and let them hang out the windows going 65 miles an hour down the highway.

There are laws against dogs riding in back of pick ups.

You're being a bit ridiculous with dogs sticking their heads out windows. Although - I'd have a dog seat belt on mine. There might even be laws already in some areas for dogs riding without seat belts.

Any responsible dog owner would not let their dog stick his head out the window on the freeway. It can be damaging to their eyes.

I'm pretty sure - - at least in some states - - if a dog jumps out of the vehicle - - you are liable.

edit on 1-9-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
So the bottom line is there is NO way Romney or any other rich conservative can be a nice guy?

But dipwad celebutards with potty mouths who are uber rich for doing NOTHING are always great and good?

Got it.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by Alxandro

That is a great story. I couldn't get your link to work. Could you re-post it? I want to share.

sad eyed lady

Darn it, sorry 'bout that, don't know how it broke.
Maybe Obama scrubbed it.

Anyway, here is the link again, which btw has been confirmed as being true.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

No, Ron Paul seems nice and decent enough.

Abusing a dog has absolutely nothing to do with political party. The fact that you are thinking that it does shows your empathy for animals.

edit on 1-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
So Romney said something on the Campaign trail July 12, 1996. His partner at Bain Capital Robert Gay said yes its true. And they posted a picture to prove it.

Yes the proof is a missing girl poster on a window in the subway?

I wonder what Robert Gay would say today considering the had a falling out and he left Bain Capital and went to work with Romney's cousin Jon Huntsman Sr. at Huntsman Gay Global Capital. That is where most of the leaks are coming from about Romney and Bain Capital. Jon Huntsman is a long time donator to Harry Reid. Harry Reid is the one who said some who donates to him told him Romney paid no taxes for ten years.

www.snopes.com...
What a shocker!

sad eyed lady
edit on 9/1/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

That article doesn't address the underlying truth... That the girl went off on what one might call a typical teenage adventure. She partied, did drugs, and moved into a boys house - unbeknownst to his parents. I think she probably freaked out and was afraid to go home more than anything. Or spent a few days drunk with freedom, and possibly conspiring with her newly found male companion about getting a reward and splitting the money.

I was a kid ( once ) and pulled similar stunts. My son did as well ( thankfully not my daughter so far ). My eldest nephew has done far worse. I can completely put myself in this girls headspace and see it all through her eyes. Fun, fun, fun... oh no, reality. Panic. Cry for Daddy.

It is noble that Mitt Romney closed his business and ran to his friends aid. But to say he saved a girls life is nothing more than spin.

Oh, and honestly, a real "hero" wouldn't use such a tragic and potentially embarrassing event ( for his friend ) to build an image. Just sayin'.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

So the bottom line is there is NO way Romney or any other rich conservative can be a nice guy?

But dipwad celebutards with potty mouths who are uber rich for doing NOTHING are always great and good?

Got it.

Like Clint Eastwood?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have dogs and the deceased ones are cremated and sitting on my mantel.

I would never do what he did, but I will not condemn the man for one mistake either...

Especially when I know no one here is perfect....we have all made stupid mistakes.

How does one stupid mistake define a person's whole life?

what happened to forgiveness or do you only forgive murderers and abortionists and terrorists in this country?

Annee:

You love to say things are a certain way and you NEVER show proof.....it is not against the law in all 50 states to have a dog in the back of a truck and you certainly don't have to have them seatbelted.
One wrong move and that dog is flipping out of the truck to certain death.

at the time, Romney's dog was safer than a dog in the back of a pickup.

And many people transport their dogs, especially hunting dogs in crates in the bed of pickups, it is common.

Get out and see the world.

www.gundogsupply.com...
edit on 1-9-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

No, Ron Paul seems nice and decent enough.

Ron Paul is a Southern Right Wing Christian Conservative - - no different then the Paul Ryan type.

He just hides it under a disguise.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Dogs poop inside their homes every day, you want to say the owners are torturing them for not letting them out?
People ride on roller coasters every day, and they don't mind puking afterwards.
Why? Because they love roller coasters.

But I do see your point because to be honest, right now I feel like Romney's dog sitting on top of the Obamamobile as he continues to one "FORWARD", and full speed ahead.
We are heading straight on to the edge of a cliff that I am really sacred, so scared in fact that I am seriously getting ready to defecate all over myself, just like an Occupier would.

So I guess you can say Obama is torturing me.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

How does one stupid mistake define a person's whole life?

High school bullying?

Corporate shark?

There's more then one mistake IMO?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
No mention of Romney in this article. But the did say Goldman Sacs, Bankers Trust, Morgan Stanley, and Price Water House had 60 volunteers. And they printed 300,000 fliers at Bain Capital. This article even calls Bain Capital Gays firm. And says the Bain virtually shut down? They still had to make money for Romney. Where ever he was. He definitely was not in this article. But he sure showed up in the story when it was campaign time.

news.google.com...,680113&dq=melissa+gay&hl=en

"http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=t2hEAAAAIBAJ&sjid=QbIMAAAAIBAJ&pg=5439,680113&dq=melissa+gay&hl=en"

New York Times with no mention of Romney.
www.nytimes.com...

New York Times again no mention of Romney.
www.nytimes.com...

Its a conspiracy. Rewriting history to run for office. Kind of like rewriting tax returns to run for office.

edit on 1-9-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The facts are only one state has an actual law about dogs in pick ups and guess what it says? They need to be in a crate or tied!! So the whole country needs to be brought to task just like Romney...you guys better get out there and get laws passed if you are so incensed by this !!!!!!!!!!!!

Pickup Trucks Letting your dog ride in the bed of a pickup truck is dangerous. The animal is at risk of being struck by a flying object, incurring an eye injury or jumping or being thrown from the moving vehicle--seriously injuring or killing the pet or causing a traffic accident. In California, dog guardians are now required to have their pets in a cage or cross-tied in the bed of trucks, unless the trucks sides are at least 46 inches deep. Read more: Laws on Transporting Dogs in Cars | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I told a woman with young kids she had a suspicious mole and should get it checked. A few weeks later she gave me a hug and thanked me for saving her life it was malignant. Do I feel like a life saver? No. I was just doing the right thing.

Does the dad of this girl think Romney is a hero? Yes. If someone did that for your kid, you probably would as well.

Sure looks better than the dog on the roof story that every one on the planet has heard.

Go MSM!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Does the dad of this girl think Romney is a hero? Yes. If someone did that for your kid, you probably would as well.

Go MSM!!!

I did give Mr Romney props for coming to the aid of his friend. But, honestly, if it were my kid and one of my friends helped me in a situation like that? I'd be irked that he put it in the public eye. It took me 10 seconds on Google to find the personal and embarrassing truth of the story. I come from a Southern family and we have a saying about not hanging anybody elses laundry out to air.

This strikes me as a perfect example of that.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

The facts are only one state has an actual law about dogs in pick ups and guess what it says? They need to be in a crate or tied!! So the whole country needs to be brought to task just like Romney...you guys better get out there and get laws passed if you are so incensed by this !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in no mood to research.

Would you personally get in a cage on top of a car and travel a long distance?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join