It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney, The Life Saving Hero

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
So because the media is attacking him, because he saved a dog's life, and because Obama can't sell out a stadium, you will be voting for Romney?

Obama's lack of popularity has nothing to do with romney. You might as well vote for me because Obama can't sell out a stadium. I fail to see why a vote for romney is a good idea just because people dislike obama.

If you are worried about saving dogs or missing teens, shouldn't you vote a vet or a detective as president?

The media attacks a lot of people. Why not vote joe arpaio as president?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I have seen enough to believe that Mitt has treated his friends & family well, & has compassion for those who support him & his beliefs. But I don't see how that would qualify the man for president anymore than electing Obama based on his stage presence & charismatic nature.

The reality is that Mitt is a sycophant, twisting & distorting his positions to meet the current expectations of his current constituency. This has been made obvious by his own party during the primaries. Eventually Americans will need to begin choosing our politicians despite their public relations manufactured personalities. This isn't an episode of the Survivor, this is the next Commander & Chief.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude

Why do we have such high unemployment? Did Obama cause it?Were you alive 4 years ago when the economy crashed due to our government overspending orgy?

Did he cause it? No
Did he fix it? No.
Does it look like things are getting better? Hail Nah!

Seriously.
If you were hired to fix the problems caused by your predecessor, do you honestly think you would still be allowed to go in, meeting after meeting, week after week, year after year, always blaming the last guy?

I think you would have been fired 2 years ago, so why should the Presidency be any different?

Is he making things worse?
.. I think a picture is worth a thousand words.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Translation: I'll do anything to justify voting for a man that my subconscious, facts, history, and basic analysis suggests against.

Probably doesn't make sense to most, but what does that say about the other guy?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I have no problem with humans eating animals, I'm eating a cow right now.

There is a huge difference between personally torturing a dog and eating one.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

So you're telling me that the only reason you are voting for Romney is because you believe the media has a liberal bias? This makes no sense.

I don’t think he said that but who will you be voting for?

If you say Obama then please explain how you could hold your nose long enough to push that button.

So you're also voting Republican because they supposedly had a high attendance in your view?

I think he was pointing out how the “hope” has faded.

Oh for goodness sakes, are you even trying to convince that you have legitimate reasons for voting him in??

I’m waiting for your explanation…..

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I don't buy it

Shocking!

He saved a dog? Was this before or after he tortured his own?

Share that story with me; where Romney tortured a dog.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

I have no problem with humans eating animals, I'm eating a cow right now.

There is a huge difference between personally torturing a dog and eating one.

Michael Vick?
Is that you?

Seriously?
You honestly don't see a problem with eating Man's Best Friend?
sick!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

In June 1983, the Romney family left their Belmont, Massachusetts home on their way to Romney's parents' cottage in Beach O'Pines, Ontario for an annual vacation along the shore of Lake Huron. Seamus rode in a carrier on the roof of the family's Chevrolet Caprice station wagon for the 12 hour trip. Romney had built a windshield for the carrier to make the ride more comfortable for the dog.[1] During the 650-mile (1,050 km) trip, Seamus defecated liquid down the windows of the car. Romney stopped at a gas station to wash the dog, the carrier and the car. With Seamus back in the carrier, the family continued on their way.[1][2]

en.wikipedia.org...

He drove hours with his dog on the roof of his car, terrifying itself enough to defecate all over itself.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Why don't you ask a Hindu how they feel about you eating their sacred animal..canines as "man's best friend" isn't a worldwide standard, remember the world is bigger the the good 'ole USA.

But animal torture is universally horrific by anyone with a conciseness, its important to know the difference.
edit on 1-9-2012 by CenterSet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Was it bad planning on Romney's part? Yes it was.
There, happy now?

BUT!

Did the dog die?
Did they eat the dog when they got to their destination?

You probably don't know this about canines, but they are very forgiving animals and would gladly go thru what you would consider "torture" just to be with the ones they love.

At the end of the day, they forgive and forget, that's why they are called Man's Best Friend, not Man's best Meal.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Did they eat the dog when they got to their destination?

No - they were in America.

But - what if he's in a country where dog is a delicacy. Does he insult the country?

He seems to have a knack for that.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So I take it you like dog burgers too?

What's this country coming to?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Micheal Vick tortured dogs....he has more in common with Romney

People have to eat. If they eat dogs then they eat dogs, I would only hope they would be raised and killed humanely. As I would for every other animal alive. I'm not going to trying and stop Asian countries from eating dogs...I never would but still. It's their thing...culture vary.

Hindus don't eat cows as the are holy to them. Mans best friend all depends on where you are raised.

You probably don't know this about canines, but they are very forgiving animals and would gladly go thru what you would consider "torture" just to be with the ones they love.

Umm, I know all about dogs, I have 5 of them. And that's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. You could say that about a battered wife, should you just go on and beat her because she loves you?

Did the dog die?

Neither do half of the dogs on animal cops, but the owners still get arrested, and the animals taken into state care.

At the end of the day, they forgive and forget, that's why they are called Man's Best Friend, not Man's best Meal.

Young kids forgive and forget too, go beat baby....

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
I don’t think he said that

Then what was his initial statement? He wasn't happy with the media's antics, and this was the key motivator to him voting for Romney. What he said was clear enough to me.

If you say Obama then please explain how you could hold your nose long enough to push that button.

I'm not voting for Obama this year. kucinich is the only candidate I hold respect for at this point, but he isn't running which is a darn shame.

I think he was pointing out how the “hope” has faded.

Yes alot of people are not happy with Obama, but you're deluded to think Romney's support is any better, infact he has more of an enthusiasm gap according to the polls. The OP made it sound as though Romney is viewed as a hero by the mainstream, it is delusional to say the least.

I’m waiting for your explanation…..

The fact you need an explanation demonstrates just how out of touch you are. Romney is no "hero", his record of voting with the status quo and supporting the status quo all these years should be evident enough to any impartial observer. What's more to explain? Surely you're smart enough to figure this out? Or do you support more wars, more laws like the patriot act and tax breaks for the wealthy?

Why don't you explain to us what Romney is going to change in Washington?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Mrs. Romney tells a different tale than the internet. She said the dog would be jumping for joy when the crate got put on the car because it knew that meant he/she was going to vacay.

You can't say he was doing something intentionally cruel. Like it was out there for all to see.

Nice details.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by Annee

So I take it you like dog burgers too?

What's this country coming to?

If I was in a country where dog was the culture - - - yes I would eat dog.

I do not believe in insulting cultures because we have different beliefs.

I have 6 dogs BTW.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

That is a great story. I couldn't get your link to work. Could you re-post it? I want to share.

sad eyed lady

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

If you really believe that you don't have dogs. Or are you being sarcastic?

A dog being excited about going for a car ride is a whole different thing than a dog going on top a car ride. It diarrhead all over itself for a reason.

Anyone that cared about their dog would not strap him on top the car, what if the cage came loose? Mitt Romney = Sociopath

edit on 1-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Anyone that cared about their dog would not strap him on top the car, what if the cage came loose? Mitt Romney = Sociopath

Seriously! If you wouldn't do it - - - don't do it to your dog.

Would you get in a cage strapped to the top of a car?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join