It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed bystander stops stabbing outside school

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by JayFlores

Eh, not all officers are adept at judging whether or not a situation is life threatening. They shoot people all the time for no real reason. And at least quarter of those people die.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by Screwed

If someone is getting stabbed and the perp doesnt go for a major damage point you can assume he/she either isnt intending to kill or doesnt know what they are doing. Either way its not likely the victim will be killed. So you dont have to use lethal force.

Once again, astounding logic you are using there.
I really have no interest in picking it apart because at this point you are so obviously living in some sort of alternate reality/dimension that somehow criss crosses with our own enough to keep you locked in with us in physical form yet mentally you are somewhere else.

Again, I thank you for what I believe are actually honest answers. (after all, who could make this # up, right)
It takes alot of courage to do what you are doing.

Please, keep going.
Tell us more.

edit:

Can you all see what sort of logic and reasoning we're dealing with here?
This is how they think people.
You just have never seen it get THIS rediculous before because none of them ever have the courage to give direct answers to direct questions. Get one of them to do THAT and you get what we have here.
A fabulous insight into the mind of an antigunner.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Reply to post by James1982

If someone is attacking you they are hurting you, unless it was clear their intent was to kill you. Obviously if someone shoots another person in the head their intent was to kill. But anywho taser batteries last a long time, I dont know where you got your information from lol. Guns are not the most efficient way to stop a criminal unless they also have a gun. And no most states do not kill murderers, some people do get the dealth penalty but most of them are never executed.

Did you know you can die from a single stab wound? This woman was being stabbed repeatedly, as in, over and over again. If that's not intent to kill, I don't know what is.

Regardless of if his intent was to kill this woman, or to mess her up so bad she is disfigured and can never function normally again neither of us know. You could make some stupid stuff up and say "I wasn't trying to shoot him in the head to kill him, I just wanted him to be a coma for the rest of his life, but that's not killing him"

It doesn't matter. It's deadly force either way. A baseball bat is deadly force. A hockey stick is deadly force. A golf club or a 2x4 is deadly force. If someone is using it on me or someone else, or appears to about it, it's not my job, right, or responsibility to decide what their motive is. It is however my right and my responsibility to protect myself and others from those people.

Arguing over whether or not a man stabbing a woman over and over is trying to kill her seems so ridiculous right now, that I'm really starting to think I'm getting trolled.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Reply to post by Screwed

Lol, im not anti gun, im pro gun control. Just to clarify that for you it simply means I think the process to obtain a gun should require people to have training and be screened for mental stability.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Ahhh I can't take it anymore. However I do respect acmpnsfal
right to have his own opinion wether I agree with it or not.

Screwed PM anytime you have any kind of questions in regards to Law Enforcement. I will try and be as unbiased as I can

edit on 31-8-2012 by TorqueyThePig because: change

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

I think the process to obtain a gun should require people to have training and be screened for mental stability.

And that is just fine.
Not a bad stance to take.
Sometimes I think that in order to make posts on ATS people should be screened for mental stability
But then, there would be like 10 of us making threads and arguing with eachother 'till we're blue in the face, and what fun is that?

But, your logic and the way in which you think is what is astounding.
It is SO far out there that people are actually thinking they are getting trolled.
In other words, what you are saying you believe is so irrational and illogical that people can't believe that you are being serious.

Does that hit home at all with you?
Does that worry you in the least???

There is simply NO WAY you actually believe what you are saying.

"Plunging a knife into someone's chest isn't attempted murder"?
It is simply "Hurting" someone??

I have to agree with the poster above.
I'm calling troll.
If for no other reason than, I simply can not wrap my head around how you can possibly be serious.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Reply to post by Screwed

Lol, it may sound farout but its the truth. Stab wounds are generally not fatal.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Can you really afford to find out at the time it is happening, in the heat of the moment?
Or do you logically assume they are trying to kill, and therefore, kill them instead?

Please DO NOT answer that!!!!
I can only take so much insanity in one day and I have already reached my limit hours ago.

Once again, Much respect to you for doing what you do.
If I ever see you being stabbed in the streets of St. Louis I'll be sure to look the other way.
Fair enough?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Reply to post by James1982

Eh, to say someone is killing someone else you have to know that their intent is to kill, correct? Thats all im saying. You cannot look at someone who is being attacked and assume the attacker is trying to kill them.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Reply to post by Screwed

Ummm, if you are a gun owner and you carry with the belief you may save someone you should be able to stay level headed and think in the heat of the moment. Also I never said no one should intervene, but your first thought should not be to pull your gun.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

... What's your point here? The man in question stopped an attack in progress. It couldn't have had a better outcome. His actions were calculated, effective, and his use of firearm was less than lethal.

Eh, to say someone is killing someone else you have to know that their intent is to kill, correct? Thats all im saying. You cannot look at someone who is being attacked and assume the attacker is trying to kill them.

This is the most illogical remark I've read in weeks.

Are you saying a man stabbing a woman near a school might not be trying to kill her? Perhaps just trying to lighten her load of blood supply? Or that when someone is attacking another, they are attempting to do something other than cause injury / death?

Question: Did the man take the appropriate actions in your opinion - with all considered - in this situation?

If not, what should he have done differently and why?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Also I never said no one should intervene, but your first thought should not be to pull your gun.
Who said that was his first thought? Were you there in his mind, if so can you teach me that trick?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Reply to post by Sek82

How is it illogical? Most people attack someone else just to cause them bodily harm, not to kill them. That is a fact. So its foolish to assume every time you see somebody being attack that the person is trying to kill them. My original problem with this thread was that people were touting this as a 'win' for gun rights. As if there was no other way the attacker could have been stopped.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Really?
I knew a kid some time ago(early 90s) Phillip Meridonics(not sure thats spelled correctly) who stabbed a man to death with a 2 inch blade on his money clip with one stab wound. All because of a fist fight.One swipe of the blade and a man was dead. 17-22 years in prison. It took a matter of seconds for one man to die and the other to throw his life down the toilet. One stab wound is all that is needed. Hit an artery, a major blood vessel,etc and its all over.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

See thats exactly what I was saying earlier in the thread. If someone knows what they are doing it will be over before anyone can do anything about it. If the kid killed the guy with one stab it was probably calculated.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

If I was being stabbed I obviously would not be standing there letting it happen. So the stabber would not be stabbing me repeatedly without fail. Trying to use your taser should be your first course of action. I mean if the person was stabbing to kill they would have went for my throat or a major artery in the beginning before I had time to really react to the situation. So neither a gun nor a taser would help lol.

You sure you're not trollin?

Because I do not see how you can be serious with responses like yours...
edit on 8/31/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

No, it was not calculated. Are you mentally deficient or just being a troll. He was jumped, and on the ground. Took one blind,wild swing. You obviously live in a fantasy world where you watch too much TV to actually believe any of the dribble you are spewing.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Reply to post by Sek82

How is it illogical? Most people attack someone else just to cause them bodily harm, not to kill them. That is a fact. So its foolish to assume every time you see somebody being attack that the person is trying to kill them. My original problem with this thread was that people were touting this as a 'win' for gun rights. As if there was no other way the attacker could have been stopped.

There's not many other ways the attacker could have been stopped in that specific situation, though.

He didn't have alternates standing by his side with tasers, stun guns, and pepperspray on hand to choose from.

It is a win in my eyes, not only for law abiding CCW citizens, but the woman who is still alive today thanks to the quick actions of one of them. Had he sat and considered all the various other less effective methods he could have used, she might not be.

My question above remains unanswered, but on second thought let's leave it that way. OK? Somehow I know we will disagree anyway.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Nope its just not likely that someone would stab a person randomly and hit a spot that would lead to pretty much instant death. Im not saying it cant happen, but its not likely at all.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
My question above remains unanswered, but on second thought let's leave it that way. OK? Somehow I know we will disagree anyway.

Well said.

It's kinda what needs to be done considering the mind numbingly insane logic being dealt with here.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join