It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed bystander stops stabbing outside school

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

I think you may need to go check out some books on the human body. It can happen quite easily. If I'm going to attack someone with a weapon my intent is to end their life. Otherwise, I would just use my hands,feet,knees and elbows to throw them a beating.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by Sek82

You are still coming from the standpoint that non lethal alternatives are less effective when they really are not. I mean sure its good the guy did do something but we should not encourage this type of behavior. Everytime you see something happen pull out your gun? Lol. No.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by ArrowsNV

Cant see that pic but if its of some horrible stab victim spare me. Lol.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Reply to post by JayFlores

No, it cannot happen easily. The human body is extremely resilient. There are not many places you could stab someone that would cause them to die quickly.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Then what do you recommend he should of done?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Most of what I have seen in this thread is worst case scenerio examples. Those are usually the exception and not the rule. Thats reality, if you are scared of the world outside your door fine. But there are better ways to cope and to protect yourself than to go pick up a gun.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

You sir, have no concept of the human body or its fragility. I served this country as a Force Recon Marine. It takes little effort to end a life. You obviously don't know that. Once again it reverts back to living in fantasy land.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

You don't no anything about gun laws, do you?
Do you know what one has to do to buy a gun?
Do you know anything about guns?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I have carried a gun as long as I have been able to. And with the exception of the burglar in my home, I have not shot anyone outside of my military service. And only drawn my weapon twice. Once at a man with a machete who wanted to to cut my head off and once at a man who was trying to steal my wife's purse. And in that case, she pulled first and I just backed her up.
Thats a WHOLE lot of years where I have carried and never drawn my weapon. But in a situation where my life is in danger or someone elses is-Im not going to worry about tring to dig out pepper spray. Im going to draw my weapon and give them one order to cease and desist. After that, I will shoot them. I just pray for your sake you arent the victim of an attack with a weapon and someone comes along and tries to reason with the person, pepper spray them or shout "I called the police" As youre being stabbed or having your skull caved in.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Well, unfortunately in my state I have a permit to carry a pistol, open or concealed, however it is illegal for me to have a stun gun.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

A man up the street from me, punched his girlfriend in the face then the stomach, she dropped down and never got back up.

He killed her and her unborn child with two hits, so "extremely resilient" no so much.
Did you know there is one spot you can stab a person with anything 2 inches or longer, and they are dead in 3 seconds?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm glad he stopped stabbing, but I'm curious why he started in the first place. I don't think I could ever stab someone, I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Serving as a Marine makes you an expert on the human body? Lol. Okay. The human body is can be fragile, it does have weaknesses, but for the most part if you attack someone with something like a knife, you have to know what you are doing to kill quickly.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Y carry a gun if your not gonna use it... The lady is stabbed in the neck and your just gonna point it at the guy.... I would have shot him a few times.. Just because you have a gun permit doesnt make you the police

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Drawing a gun on a theif is an overreaction lol. Also pepper spray is not the only non lethal way to deter someone.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Reply to post by GunzCoty

Eh, that sounds like some sort of head trauma. But as for the spot, you have to know where it is to hit it. So you have to know what you are doing.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Really? A thief in a dark parking lot? Should she of let him take her hard earned money(and mine) just because its not violent. Im sure had she not pulled her gun he would of had no problem becoming violent with her. Get real. Shut up and wake up.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Its called the human brain and the nervous system. Once again, you have proven yourself to know zero

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

No, but serving as a Force Recon Marine who dealt with hand to hand and face to face confrontations in the field does. I was very surprised when I started my training at how fragile the human body is. Especially being a life long Martial Arts student. A 2 inch blade is all you need to end someones life. The arteries are a lot closer to the surface than you would like to believe. Once again, You know zero.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores

No, but serving as a Force Recon Marine who dealt with hand to hand and face to face confrontations in the field does. I was very surprised when I started my training at how fragile the human body is. Especially being a life long Martial Arts student. A 2 inch blade is all you need to end someones life. The arteries are a lot closer to the surface than you would like to believe. Once again, You know zero.

You can kill someone with a toothpick let alone a 2 inch blade...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join