posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Maurice2014
reply to post by ModernAcademia
I say Ron Paul had no business running as a Repbulican. As a Libertarian, he should have ran as a Democrat, or at least gave liberal Americans a voice
and formed a third Party. I guess that about 30% of Americans are right-wing conservatives. The other 70% are left-winged Americans who have no
representation. In the two Party state the Democratic Party (progressive-conservatives) are their only option. The right, moved even further to the
right by the T-Party, has representation. The Left in American have only the moderate conservatives of the Democratic Party. The Right don't consider
the Left true Americans. The Left wish to protect America from the fanatics on the Right. There are two America's. Two solitudes, as we say here in
Canada. In Canada it's English and French. In America it's conservatives and Human Beings.
Well I don't know about the 30 70 split. First of all, I don't even know why I'm talking to you.
Sure there are two Americas. What did you expect.
The right's moving farther right, and the left still ain't got no balls. So Ron Paul should have started a third party. Well I think a third party
is pretty inevitable. but Paul ain't it. Why? Too old, too reasonable, and reckless. His simplicity just ain't going to cut it.
That third party is coming. It will probably be called the Moderates, and be made up of old line Republicans and moderate Democrats.
Paul wants to Audit the fed, take back the money, kill off government, and expect that everyone is going to lead a reasonable and tolerant
life.That's what happens with age, you start living in a fantasy world.
I'm not saying Ron Paul's ideas are bad, just not ready for prime time. Can't right away go the Presidential race with this type thing. No for this
you got to start small, at your local level Reform the system from the bottom. Conservative wealth is already doing this in local elections. They
know this is where you start to own the system
Can't we as citizens do the same.
This could be a fun project for us. Meet and listen to the most local of people who want to hold elected office. and vote for the one you believe in.
It's hard work, but the hardest work is opening your minds, and to think for your self about yourself.