It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Really Sad Picture That I Saw Today, Left Me Speechless

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The saddest picture in the world...We live in the world where no hope...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Not sure if this is the correct forum, if not MODS you can move it

But this picture kind of spoke so much when I glanced at it
It said so much

So much about the people, so much about partisanship and basic common sense & humanity

In the back of my mind I'm still a little happy because many people woke up and the young may grow up to follow freedom & basic common sense.

But the snapshot of today's intelligence and leadership is just so low
When I say leadership I really mean individualism, I mean people who will decide on their own which direction to take rather than follow the herd.

Just thought I would share this

edit on 30-8-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

Ah, still sucked in by RP I see.
He is controlled opposition. ALL his family member (except him of course) are
Freemasons. Search and Find how many of his family members benefitted
from his multi-million (donated) dollar election campaign and ask yourself why
he favours a return to the Gold Standard, even though he knows full well that
such a return would keep exact power in the exact same hands as it is now.

We Are Suckers, One And All, Ever And Ever, Amon...I Mean Amen.

ETA: Nice, InfiniteConsciousness. Consider yourself un-suckered!

Malheureusement, the beat, for most, will go on and on and on....
edit on 30-8-2012 by OutonaLimb because: (no reason given)
you are grasping............it's pathetic.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
A bit more to add:

Why does it sound like some pompous, maniacal tyrant is speaking or writing when people speak unkindly about Paul or his supporters? Furthermore, why can't people at least see aspects of his principles that are good? Not even one aspect? Now THAT is pathetic. A man who cannot concede, even when he is almost certainly wrong, is a man who knows not.

In due time people, in. due. time.

edit on 31-8-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Well that's two nails on the head, I have always said complacency kills and we are all complacent.
The price for this is death for us and the future, sad really because at one time we could have changed the world
and made it a better place, oh well let Rome burn.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Ron Paul wants to get rid of all corporate regulation, which would just make everything worse. You want to work for $ 2.00 an hour? because minimum wage would be gone.

You want everything privatized? No more public schools, libraries, parks, roads, everything that makes society.........

You mean something other than the same bs thats been in place thus far? That isnt working? Sure, im ready for just about anything different, even if its 100 xs worse than before. Because then.. maybe.. people will get off their asses and do some something about it..

Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Star128
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I guess you've never taken anyone to the emergency room who has been beaten for being gay.
Never attended a funeral for someone killed for being gay.
btw; the 2 parties are crap, marraige is a joke, and govt is fraught w/treason.
The wheels have come off the cart.

edit on 30-8-2012 by Star128 because: (no reason given)

But... he wants to let legalize same-sex marriage. Are you confusing him with Santorum?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Oh please. Kids are dying in Africa and this image left you speechless.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingTheWorld
As an American I believe that the America of the 1950's is well and gone. And on purpose. America failed for one reason. The citizens had too much power and say in their country. Those who covet power want all the power. And they found a way to get it.

Start small, get the momentum rolling and soon it will be unstoppable. It is now to the point where the government can do what it wants and nobody can say otherwise. I look at the TSA, the drones and every other agency that is setup to erode our freedoms and I see America for what it is. Power on top controlling the peons on the bottom. Those who still believe in the America setup by our founding fathers are just living a delusion.

The current political environment shows how we have been hoodwinked. Do we really want either Obama or Romney? The Presidential election is just misdirection. Keep your eyes over here and feel as if this country is still what it claims it used to be. No, America is here in name only and we, as its citizens, let it fail.

I don't think the citizens have ever had any power. Puppet electoral college puts the power in the hands of a few.

Numerous constitutional amendments have been introduced in the Congress seeking to alter the Electoral College or replace it with a direct popular vote; however, no proposal has ever passed the Congress.
en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There will be no change for the better until the powerful fear the common citizens, not because we are in an uproar, not because we are threatening, nor even because we are marching - but because the powerful stand in line, waiting for their turn at the noose.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Not sure if this is the correct forum, if not MODS you can move it

But this picture kind of spoke so much when I glanced at it
It said so much

So much about the people, so much about partisanship and basic common sense & humanity

In the back of my mind I'm still a little happy because many people woke up and the young may grow up to follow freedom & basic common sense.

But the snapshot of today's intelligence and leadership is just so low
When I say leadership I really mean individualism, I mean people who will decide on their own which direction to take rather than follow the herd.

Just thought I would share this

edit on 30-8-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

I think you got pixie dust in your eyes. If Ron Paul was our last best hope, well then we are screwed because, he ain't got a snowballs chance. I don't get it. What was it about this old man that made you so happy? Did he harken back to a simpler time. Like the bronze age? I'm not really sure about his political philosophy, maybe you could help me out there. I bet it was something about small government. You know, government can be small when you have no population, but when the population gets larger, they just can't be left on there own. They need guidance. They need mediation. Three hundred million people walking around doing what they want. Good luck with that.

Don't misunderstand me, I believe in individual freedom. and I think we need more of it. But before we start thinking government is our big boogie man, stop and think where all the evil that is attributed to government really starts. Not with government but with a corrupt government influenced by money and power. I think it's important to understand that distinction.

You know there is one line in the Declaration of Independence. that gets little attention. It may not be word for word but it goes something like this: "That to insure these rights, governments are instituted among men." I think the people at the heart of our problems want us to not remember that line.

The fight is not to destroy, government, but to take it back for the people. There is another line somewhere that says,"People get the government they deserve.". This country is unique. It has been given a system that has worked and worked well. Let's not destroy it. Let's fix it with the tools we've been given. Educate yourself and vote.
edit on 31-8-2012 by okyouwin because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2012 by okyouwin because: clarity

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Phenomium

Alright, have fun being a slave and have a horrible quality of life. Don't complain when corporations dumb toxic waste where ever they want, daily.

The EPA was created because the Cuyahoga river caught on fire due to corporate pollution.

Because of this fire, Cleveland businesses became infamous for their pollution, a legacy of the city's booming manufacturing days during the late [size=4.5]1800s and the early 1900s, when limited government controls existed to protect the environment. Even following World War II, Cleveland businesses, especially steel mills, routinely polluted the river. Cleveland and its residents also became the butt of jokes across the United States, despite the fact that city officials had authorized 100 million dollars to improve the Cuyahoga River's water before the fire occurred. The fire also brought attention to other environmental problems across the country, helped spur the Environmental Movement, and helped lead to the passage of the Clean Water Act in 1972.

www.ohiohistorycentral.org...

You want to go back to the 1800's where kids worked 80 hours a week and cut their fingers off because there was no regulation on child labor? Where the workers had 0 rights

You're campaigning for sweat shops and poverty.and you don' even realize it. Ron Paul groupies need to seriously read history books.

No regulation and a recession/depression = child labor

No regulation = No minimum wage = slave wages, like in 3rd world countries

Adam Smith noted that employers often conspire together to keep wages low

The interest of the dealers... in any particular branch of trade or manufactures, is always in some respects different from, and even opposite to, that of the public… [They] have generally an interest to deceive and even to oppress the public… We rarely hear, it has been said, of the combinations of masters, though frequently of those of workmen. But whoever imagines, upon this account, that masters rarely combine, is as ignorant of the world as of the subject. Masters are always and everywhere in a sort of tacit, but constant and uniform combination, not to raise the wages of labor above their actual rate… It is not, however, difficult to foresee which of the two parties must, upon all ordinary occasions, have the advantage in the dispute, and force the other into a compliance with their terms.

en.wikipedia.org...

[/quote

if corporations commit crimes their CEOs should be charged and judged by 12 of their peers.
No hiding behind the limited liability of a Corporation. A Sole trader poisoning patrons would face
a charge and due process of law but Corporations hide behind Corporate laws to get away with a fine, really
a bung to politicians.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
128 flags for a picture?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DirectDemocracy

Greed for money, greed for power are human instincts. They are innate. We are, "born this way". Very few of us have the capacity to physically fight off this urge, to control it, to deny it.

All what you said in your post was true but what does Ron Paul have to gain he has not gained already? He's really old and already has money I can't see him as power/money hungry hes already powerful.

All he's been doing is helping people his entire life I guess we could call it "Ego" to want to help the most people possible.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by aerial
isn't he just another old person that will be corrupted by corporations and greed. They all say
they will change it but they fail. I bet theres another higher power thats above the president,
hence why they dont change anything.
My Father lived to be 95, and even than he was the most intelligent, ethical, moral, down to earth man I have ever known! You never heard of the old adage…”With age, comes wisdom”? Just because you’re old, doesn’t make you and ignorant, idiotic, fool, who doesn’t know better. Give me a break…

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I may live in Canada but it makes me sad also, for humanity's future.

2nd line

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Picture saved. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
[Somebody just shoot me! I don't want to experience the future with either of those guys.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
he still has a day job

lets see what he can do ?

sheesh

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
128 flags for a picture?

The "special" Paul supporters are pretty extreme.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join