It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Really Sad Picture That I Saw Today, Left Me Speechless

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The good part is that the current elections has shook up Americans, so in a way Ron Paul has sowed the seed that is changing the US at this very moment.
Someone mentioned that this picture displays arrogance, it does and it is not suitable to this situation, life is movement and in movement, things are always changing.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Unfortunatly nothing will change until it's too late. The people are not ready for change yet, and I reckon by the time they are, it will be at a time when we are on our knees and begging for our lives.

Ron Paul has definatly got a large following, but there are too many people who are still mentally not in the right frame of mind to even entertain simple things like "Defending your Homeland from...HOME"

It's frustrating to watch when people just rubbish the mans foreign policy because it involves getting out of peoples countries.

I watch Mitt Romney and all I see in his eyes are the words of other people that have told him what to say. i don't get any feeling whatsoever that he actually believes in his own words, policies or his countries future.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
isn't he just another old person that will be corrupted by corporations and greed. They all say
they will change it but they fail. I bet theres another higher power thats above the president,
hence why they dont change anything.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Why the hero worship with Ron Paul? He isn't some knight in shining armor. He isn't much less bigoted than Romney and his policies aren't any better than Obamas. So why are you people worshiping him. He is no better than any of the others. Wake up!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
If Ron Paul wasn't in the campaign and Dennis Kuccinich was you would see me making positive threads about him even though I am completely against the entitlement system & free healthcare.

It's about what's really important!

What is "really" important?

It's not a partican thing, it's the "people" thing. It's the population of the United States ... nobody is forcing the American public to vote for George Bush. And certainly not to vote for him twice.

No, the general public of the United States, fully aware of the hypocracy concerning 9/11. Knowing fully, that George represented a war, where millions of peole have died. Went to the poles and re-elected the guy. The general public of the United States, don't give a damn about the deformed children born in Iraq, or anywhere else. Just as they didn't care about Mai Lai. All they've learned since Mai Lai, is to make sure there is no photographer along, who isn't "playing ball". That's why GW Bush was angry at the French ... they were reporting about the "bad things America did".

You think policies are bad in the US? You take it up with the American People ... they're the voters ... they're the people who elected GW Bush, both the father and the son. As well as Obama ... and by the way, what is wrong about free healthcare?

You against free healthcare? you're literally insane ... just to make sure you know, I'm taking the gloves off here.

You think going to the doctor, having him put his finger up yer butt, that's worth a couple of thousand dollars? Now, I don't know about you ... but I don't think some stupid which doctor deserved millions of dollars per year, for putting silicon in womens breasts ... here in Scandinavai, we had the worlds best healthcare system, until they decided to make it worse, by privatising it. Today, a doctor takes only a handful of patients ... because he gets more for every individual, than before. The patients, have to pay with their health and sometimes their very lives.

I'm not here, to be a gineapig for some doc, so he can get rich on me ... it ain't my purpose. And to have to wait in line, to get treatment, and when you get treatment ... the "quality" of the treatment varies with the depth of your wallet.

Doctors are becoming like bankers ... and they're not worth it. I want quality doctors, who believe in aiding people ... the ones who wanna get rich, by putting their finger in my butt ... can do some other job. The same applies to bankers ... those who are their to enrich themselves, can go elsewhere ... I'm not a piggie bank, to squeeze, just because I'm not smart enough to understand the scheme until after I've been schemed.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It's true, we could have been on the threshold of a dream, but for one as myself who believes in Biblical teachings, it doesn't matter who would be a candidate, the 'will of God' would supersede any choice of 'Man', and fulfillment of prophecy would unfold despite the peoples actions. Regardless the good or evil platform, what was necessary for 'Revelations' to unfold would come to pass. So as we move ever towards the last days, events will align to that end.

So the atheists will call foul on the 'religious, and the religious will discount the atheists. Ultimately it doesn't matter the leanings, The Creators Will, will prevail.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I would vote for Satan before I EVER voted for Obama-Jad or Romney-Noodle! I am writing Ron Paul in on the ballot. Now people can say whatever the hell they want for my decision, but can you honestly say you made the right choice for voting in Obami or Mittens? I WILL be walking away from the voting station with a smile on my face! Can you say the same for the other two numbnuts? How can you Obama and Mitt people feel good about yourselves? You all look like a bunch of obedient zombies waiting for someone to put you down. It’s pathetic…!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
'Idiot America' was not coined without merit.

/2¢

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
My first thought on seeing that picture was exactly what others have pointed out...
The great experiment that is Freedom in America; the first time ever in history
Yeah, there have been flawed interpretations effecting the original purpose and continuing injustices...
America has been, and always will be, the greatest human achievement to this day.

What becomes of this in the future, is what will be after the sleeping giant completely awakens.

Those who want to cry... you are uninvited.

You may be allowed to sleep in the shadows of the leaders that will reshape, rebuild and restore freedom.

Even in the 23rd Century the source of self evident freedoms declared and universally understood will remain.

Just ask any foreigner what they understand about America's freedoms and how it relates to humanity.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
At first thought it was Ron is abandoning us, but then it dawned on my, he's not one to give up here and there, he's one to help regardless of who we are.

He's willing to be the servant not the leader.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Ron Paul was/is the guy a faction of people trust. He says things that sound like the truth and challenges congress to come clean. He walks and talks like a people's advocate. He appears not to cave and knows a bum rap when he sees one.

As a president, he might have shown some stones, but I think all presidents are taken aside and compromised somehow. Everybody has dirt. Probably the first things that happens to elected congressional figures is being bought and/or compromised. I speculate that Ron Paul stood fast against such things in an old school fashion and was deemed a worthy opponent. As a president, he would have hit the wall. The powers behind the throne are the power of the throne. Presidents in the US are stressed out shills and not the most powerful men in the world anymore.

Ron Paul stands up and speaks his mind. He's dismissed as a kook by his contemporaries, whom are all bought and paid for by corporations.

Believe it or not, I am actually apolitical, but I can't help myself when I see this nation devolving into something so tainted. I know empires fall, but it is just such a pathetic process. Like riding a fast moving train that plows through a herd of cattle; you feel as though you were instrumental in their deaths when all you really were was a passenger on a train.

I like Ron Paul, he reminds me of integrity.
edit on 31-8-2012 by RighteousDude because: typo

edit on 31-8-2012 by RighteousDude because: typo

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There IS another way. All hope is NOT lost. All Y.O.U. have to do is: QUIT!!!! Quit your job, quit driving, quit making payments, give up the television, i-pod, android; and all the other "goodies" that are owned by the very people that enslave you!

If TPTB won't listen to your "voice", make them listen to your $$$$$$. That IS THE ONLY WAY they're going to listen. GO ON STRIKE!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Then your vote will be of no value. Ron Paul WILL NOT WIN. No write in candidate has EVER won a major election. It is a throw away vote. Pointless activities are just that. Pointless.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Ron Paul wanted collapse... You HAVE to fall to ashes before success can rise.

Ron Paul *did not* want collapse. The people trying to usher in the NWO want collapse. They absolutely believe the system has to crash prior to their "solution".

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
It's true, we could have been on the threshold of a dream, but for one as myself who believes in Biblical teachings, it doesn't matter who would be a candidate, the 'will of God' would supersede any choice of 'Man', and fulfillment of prophecy would unfold despite the peoples actions.

That's just nonsense, and just because you proclaim "religion" doesn't mean GOD is on your side.

First of all, if GOD would supercede MAN in all decisions. It's no longer free will, now is it ... it's evident, in itself ... that it is MAN's decision, that supercedes GOD. That is why we have free will, it is our free will ... that let us superced whatever GOD wants.

And prophecy, is not a nomenclature, that says "how it is going to be, and you can't escape". A prophecy is a warning to mankind ... it is a wakeup call, telling man to be aware of his surrounding.

The most "truthful" words in the bible, is this

"BY THEIR ACTIONS, SHALT THOU KNOW THEM".

Not by your words, not by your promises ... but by your actions.

So, don't come here and claim some sacriligious self-righteousness ... because you call yourself religious. It's not "the name", that makes you true.

IT'S YOUR ACTIONS

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You had your chance to really change things, America.

Enjoy your wars and economic collapse.

You guys are so easily impressed. MOST politicians are liars. They will tell you what YOU WANT TO HEAR.
Keep believing.

"Vote for me, and gone will be all wars, everyone will be rich and happy".

Judge a president by his actions, and NOT by his words he is using to get into office.
EVERY candidate will tell you how he will save America, how he will change the economy, bring work to the unemployed, make everything better - it's their job to manipulate people to get votes.

>>
Someone mentioned that this picture displays arrogance,
>>

Yes it does. Not only does it show a certain arrogance, how it's worded it also implies defeat and weakness. And saying "enjoy your wars and collapse, America" somehow implies whoever says those words is not part of America or doesn't want to have anything to do with it. Pretty bad whoever made that pic, i think it's very pathetic.
edit on 31-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The only way that any of these problems will ever be fixed, believe it or not, is for states to give secession a serious consideration. There are too many chefs in the kitchen trying to cook too many different meals.

The only other way I can think of is if states started to embrace the 10th and the citizens of those states started acting like theirs is a sovereign entity instead of trying to make the USA one size fits all.

You do realize each state has the authority to pass any laws it wants, even if the fed don't like it. Laws need to be passed and enforced, at the state level just to stick their finger in the eye of the fed. It needs to happen in such numbers to overwhelm the system until the fed relents and finds it in its own best interest to worry less about the people and more about itself.

The states and the people who reside in them are above any federal law passed if they choose to be, but we have been told for so long that this is not true that even after reading the Constitution for ourselves many do not believe what their eyes plainly see written on the pages in front of them.
We are supposed to tell the fed what powers they have, not the other way around.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkmoon1972
reply to post by Propulsion

Then your vote will be of no value. Ron Paul WILL NOT WIN. No write in candidate has EVER won a major election. It is a throw away vote. Pointless activities are just that. Pointless.
You obviously didn’t get the message I was trying to put forth. I know RP isn’t going to become president, and yeah, my vote may mean squat, but that’s not what it’s about. It’s about me walking away, knowing I didn’t sell my soul off to the devil. Pointless to whom, you? There are thousands upon thousands of Americans doing the same as I am. It’s about doing the right thing. It’s about NOT being a sheeple and giving in to the MSM. If you are wondering why America is going to hell, it is because of people just like you. Politicians didn’t destroy America. It was idiotic Americans who voted them in office in the first place. Now if you want to bend over for obami or noodles, than that is your choice. Have at it! That’s what’s nice about living in a republic; we ALL can make a choice. You have yours, and I certainly have mine.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The thing that is sad, is that many people have been deceived into believing that if he was elected, those things would happen; that he would create conditions in the country for civil war, along with those things mentioned in the OP's picture.

These fools don't realize he was actually the one who had the best chance to assure the prevention of these things. Of course, everyone needs their greed and vicarious living through war and chaos, whether it's the super rich on top, or the lower middle class. Everyone just wants to hold on to what they've got, to not care about the suffering of another if they are a 'stranger', and never to share, never to let go of what's 'MINE'.

A nation of citizens, all bred to be 'kings' and 'queens'. A nation where they are not truly equal, only in their sick pride.

Game over. The world is taking a turn for the ugliest and it's right around the corner.

And I will still be there in their time of need, even for the sick, deluded, poor souls.

edit on 31-8-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join