It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changed my mind. Romney is the right guy to vote for!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I see clearly that the two party system is a farce. Many say they wont vote at all. To me that only guarantees that corporations will have greater influence. Obama had a good agenda, well, at least better than McCain. Yet he caved on some important issues like drilling for oil, going after the criminals on wall street, killing the patriot act and opening an investigation on the war in Iraq. All things that would have steered the US back on track. He like any politician fell pray to big money, both as a victim of thier might and a tool to get re-elected.

I dont see much sense in another 4 years of the GOP voting against anything he proposes and more broken promises.

I'm an independent and was going to vote for Ron Paul. A protest vote on one hand but I like some of his ideas. Lately I see that as just a vote thrown away as one of the other guys will win. So, heres my logic. The economy and our civil rights are going down the tubes. With Obama we still go down the tubes but its a slower spiral. With the GOP in charge we get it over with quickly. I'd rather die a quick death than a slow painful one.

The only thing that will change the course is a crash into a brick wall. Society will stand up, brush off the dust, heal the wounds and start over. It aint going to be pretty for sure and many will suffer but it has to happen. The only other way is wishful thinking about some person or entity entering the scene and changing everyones mind. If you've been to the mall lately or watch the junk on TV lately you know that aint happening. People are wrapped up in materialism to the point that they dont know how to feed or take care of themselves. Totally immersed in our screwed up society.

So a vote for Romney is the pill that Neo takes in the Matrix. If we take it we go down the wormhole and never go back. If you vote for Obama you stay in the dream and die a slow painful death.

Which pill will you take?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The lesser of 2 evils is not my friend. Check out Gary Johnson. There is still a chance that he will choose one of the Pauls as his vp.

link   
I'll take the "I'm not going to participate in this political farce anymore" pill.

Romney - works for the corporations.
Ron Paul - works for the people's best interests.
Obama - change you can't believe in.

The Nazi's won, Germany lost. Welcome to Das Matrix.

link   
You contradict yourself a bit in your post. Now voting for the lesser of two evils, I am not voting for evil. The system is rigged completely. Diluting yourself to believing that voting matters and will change the outcome in a farce. The candidates have been picked and they all come from the same brood. Changing your vote will not change a damn thing. Until you GET that, you will continue to chase your own tail.
edit on 30-8-2012 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think it was Churchill who said,"People always get the government they deserve."

I have gotten, somewhat, accustom to the current administration and do not see any improvement by changing to the alternative I have been offered.

Rather than calling it the lesser of two evils, I chose to use a G. W. Bush phrase and "don't trade horses in mid-stream."

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
0P is making a wise ch0ice, d0nt listen t0 these knuckle heads. isten t0 y0ur heart, inf0rm it with y0ur head.

ABO

Any0ne but 0bama

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Not making any progress now so it's time to change. I have no faith in either but if corporations like they guy I have to go with progress. I have a business plus work for a very large world wide corporation that has done well through the past recession.I'm only going to work a few more years perhaps 3-4 so I need to stack up a bunch of money. obama isn't getting it I did the feel good thing now I'm going to do the right thing for the country. Obama is not a leader he's typical for Chicago just wanting a free ride

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

You people who still believe in the left and right paradigm are DANGEROUS to this nation.

My vote will be for NO ONE. NONE OF THE ABOVE. The fact that the OP is pushing Romney as a candidate AFTER saying the 2 party system is a farce should let you know which side he bats for.
edit on 30-8-2012 by Serenity777 because: to add...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

That is a silly reason to vote for Romney.

You know... In my great grandparent's day it was told to me that much of
my family thought America was going to come crashing down. We are still
here and everything does not have to be black and white. I assure you,
America can get much more tyrannical and corporately oriented, while
remaining outwardly solvent and vibrant.

Please think again in case your predictions are wrong

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Your logic may be right. Just know it will cost thousands of American lives in the war with Iran that Romney no doubt will dutifully enter should he win. Were that not the case, even I might vote for him to hasten the unraveling of our corrupted system. As a veteran, I cannot.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Funny, that those aren't new issues and even funnier is that previous Republicans and Democrats hand picked by the RNC and the DNC, not only had their chance at fixing them but they even created them them.

Republicans haven't done anything for drilling Oil, nor going after criminals on wall street when they had the chance. They created the patriot act and neither DNC groomed Democrats or RNC groomed Republicans will do away with it, because it benefits them (gov't) and lobbyist. The patriot act is a great way to control and monitor the consumers.

In addition are the oil companies loosing any money by not drilling? No, they are making more money because they can charge you more for a commodity that is in high demand but not enough of to meet the demand.

What would happen if they opened more drilling and they not only could keep up with the demand but they exceed it? Gas prices would go down, profits would go down, gov't taxes made on the sale of gas would go down. Who pays for the cost of doing business, the consumer.

So regardless, what it cost to make the gas the consumer gets the bill and the prices are set on the demand and supply, The more supply the lesser the demand and therefore the lesser the price they can charge.That is why Republicans AND Democrats aren't and haven't done anything of significance about OIL drilling. They use one another to shift the blame on why gas prices are high and why more drill sites don't exist. So when Republicans are arguing back in forth with the democrats they are laughing all the way to the bank.

IMO, It appears to me that you are a GOP loyalist who is realizing that Romney was the riskier candidate to select over Ron Paul and you are trying to sway the RP supporters

GOP Base voters are composed of two types of voters:
(Anyone but Obama) and (Ron Paul supporters)

Romney= (Anyone but Obama)
Ron Paul = (Anyone but Obama) + (Ron Paul supporters)

Easily you can see which candidate stands to loose the most voters within its own party and hence why Obama is going to win again. The GOP knew this as well but for them and the DNC is not about winning the election its about ensuring the RIGHT candidates are selected for the masses to pick from.

Therefore, I assume more and more GOP loyalist will continue to pop up and try to convert Ron Paul supporters to vote for the false slogan "Vote for the lesser evil"

You wan't to help and fix the problem with this country then IMO this is what has to happen.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
You contradict yourself a bit in your post. Now voting for the lesser of two evils, I am not voting for evil. The system is rigged completely. Diluting yourself to believing that voting matters and will change the outcome in a farce. The candidates have been picked and they all come from the same brood. Changing your vote will not change a damn thing. Until you GET that, you will continue to chase your own tail.
edit on 30-8-2012 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

Believing that you will get an identical set of policies and actions from two completely different
sets of people is by far more insane.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood
The lesser of 2 evils is not my friend. Check out Gary Johnson. There is still a chance that he will choose one of the Pauls as his vp.

You are spot on. A vote for "the lesser of two evils" is still a vote for evil. I've done it before, most have.

If instead of voting for "the lesser of two evils" or voting against someone we all voted for the best candidate, for example one who has read and understands the constitution, where would we be now?

I know voting can be rigged, the two party system is a farce and our votes may or may not count for much, but at the end of Nov 6th I'll know I voted my conscience and voted for who I thought was the best candidate.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
you really want to support this type of thing?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
the only pill you need to take is the one to get your head outta your backside.

are you working for Romney?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Your logic may be right. Just know it will cost thousands of American lives in the war with Iran that Romney no doubt will dutifully enter should he win. Were that not the case, even I might vote for him to hasten the unraveling of our corrupted system. As a veteran, I cannot.

Your right on. Romney seems more than willing to go to war with Iran. Sure he will cut spending domestically, but he replace it with trillions spent on a war along with thousands of solders lives. Which will be in the end nothing more than another saga in the never ending crusades in the Middle East.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
OP title should be changed to.....

Lost my mind, Romney is the other evil to vote for.....

It will be a sad day and I will be here to tell you I told you so when the American Public put either one of the ass clowns in office, you people made your bed, I hope you enjoy living in it. Canada here I come!!!!

Ron Paul 2012!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Are you serious?

Do you even understand what Ron Paul stands for?

Do you even know the platform you're voting on?

Maybe House Speaker John Boehner can help you out.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

So, heres my logic. The economy and our civil rights are going down the tubes. With Obama we still go down the tubes but its a slower spiral. With the GOP in charge we get it over with quickly. I'd rather die a quick death than a slow painful one.

So, effectively your logic is that you are going ot vote for the greater evil???

That's a new one.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Don't let that thought process warp your mind!!

RON PAUL CAN WIN!! But only if YOU vote!!!

Don't let the media swing your decision, don't let people tell you otherwise!! Your vote will not be thrown out.....

Every vote counts toward the RON PAUL REVOLUTION!!!!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join