It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changed my mind. Romney is the right guy to vote for!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Trying to get back to work so I'll be brief. More detail when I get home tonight...

The general tone of the responses seem to miss my point. A vote for either party or a write-in is a lost vote. We are headed down the wormhole either way. There is no human that could possibly steer us away from the impending collision with destiny.

Obama will turn slightly left and like the titanic, do a broadside that will sink us slowly. A wite-in or non-mainstream vote will just influence the vote towards an Obama or Romney win. (simply not enough people understand where we are headed). A non-vote gives power to corporations. A vote for the GOP however puts the pedal to the metal, Thelma and Louise style. We crash, burn, and start over.

Right now our government is run by vast amounts of legislation that nobody reads or has a full grasp of. The judicial system is broken because of this. Our rights are being stolen on a regular basis. This is not the same America that the founders envisioned.

To think that anyone could wipe away all the crud that is covering the constitution is naive IMO. We passed the point of no return a long time ago and now its just a choice of how we go down. Sure, a miracle could happen, but the odds are stacked against it. Better off playingthe lottery thinking you'll win IMO.

Not trying to say any candidate is betterthan the other, just that the system is broken and not just here in the US,its global.

Batten downthe hatches and prepare people. After the elections the financial system will take its course. Not sure when but definitely after the elections.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

That is a silly reason to vote for Romney.

You know... In my great grandparent's day it was told to me that much of
my family thought America was going to come crashing down. We are still
here and everything does not have to be black and white. I assure you,
America can get much more tyrannical and corporately oriented, while
remaining outwardly solvent and vibrant.

Please think again in case your predictions are wrong

Your elder were right and its still happening. Just in slow motion. I hope I'm wrong but I follow the financial news and theres a reality to some of the doom you read about it on ATS. The numbers are not getting better and mathematically theres no way to fix it other than simply wiping out all debt. We all know that the rich folk wont let that happen.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBlood

Still a loss. like Obama he wont be able to get anything done. The GOP AND the democrats will stymie anything he tries to do. We need to remove everyone of our leaders and insert fresh ideas. That my friend aint happening.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Serenity777

Like I said, a vote for no-one is a vote for corporate america to choose a leader. I dont trust corporations. They are motivated by materialism and greed

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

As a veteran you should understand there will be useless wars no matter who wins. I'm a vet as well and have seen this. What am I missing?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by TrueBlood

Still a loss. like Obama he wont be able to get anything done. The GOP AND the democrats will stymie anything he tries to do. We need to remove everyone of our leaders and insert fresh ideas. That my friend aint happening.

To be honest, voting for Romney is still a vote for Obama. Without the Ron Paul base, Romney can't win. And the majority of that base is either writing in Paul or voting Johnson. The GOP has a losing horse.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Like I said, a vote for no-one is a vote for corporate america to choose a leader. I dont trust corporations. They are motivated by materialism and greed

Really? We tried "voting" for someone on the floor of the RNC, didn't quite work, even when the rules were followed. I refuse to vote for someone (R-Money) who is just the talking head for a conglomerate of corporations, of which you said yourself you do not trust. You don't think Mitt R. isn't motivated by corporations? Seriously....? Sounds like you were never a RP follower to begin with, unfortunately.
edit on 30-8-2012 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Its not gonna work. Congress is full of people who are bought and paid for. No president will be able to change that. Our form of government had loopholes from the beginning and greedy selfish people took advantage and effectively ruined the original ideas in the constitution. We need a new model with no loopholes and a population with a common vision. Good luck with the latter. Everyone has been raised with the expectation that they have the right to own the shiny new model, latest gadget and luxuries. There are not enough resouces to allow that. It's a false promise that the corporations have capitalized on. We are all asleep and responsible for where we are but very few people want to take responsibility. Its always someone elses fault.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life

Really? We tried "voting" for someone on the floor of the RNC, didn't quite work, even when the rules were followed. I refuse to vote for someone (R-Money) who is just the talking head for a conglomerate of corporations, of which you said yourself you do not trust. You don't think Mitt R. isn't motivated by corporations? Seriously....? Sounds like you were never a RP follower to begin with, unfortunately.
edit on 30-8-2012 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

Thats my point. There are forces that regardless of the rules, wont let real change happen. And if RP did somehow get elected both parties would kill any good ideas. Look what the GOP did to Obama. With RP it would be worse. Both parties would shut him down and he would vetoe anything they propose. Talk about gridlock.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
I think it was Churchill who said,"People always get the government they deserve."

I have gotten, somewhat, accustom to the current administration and do not see any improvement by changing to the alternative I have been offered.

Rather than calling it the lesser of two evils, I chose to use a G. W. Bush phrase and "don't trade horses in mid-stream."

I think a more appropriate quote regarding the government is one by Mark Twain...."We have the best government that money can buy"

We have changed from a democratic republic into a corpratracracy or a cleptracracy as an old ATS member used to say.

I'm voting for the Libertarian this year. Gary Johnson
or maybe the Greens...

does it really matter?

edit on 30-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

OP, Romney is perhaps the biggest puppet of the corporations and pro Israel lobby American politics has ever seen.

And I mean that.

When you have researched behind the scenes like I have, you will see that Romney literally parrots what he is told to say.

He is a complete farce to 'democracy'- the first thing he will do if he gets into power will be bombing Iran.

To knowingly vote for Romney with the info out there is just ludicrous. I'm sorry, but that is the flat out honest truth of the matter.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I knew earlier I had read something this morning which you might have missed.

In case you might be interested, not that it may matter, I have posted two links below in an effort to catch you up on Mr. Romney and help you in your decission.

www.rollingstone.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">

www.rollingstone.com...

I think I would lean more toward someone I thought I could trust with my future bases upon his past.
edit on 30-8-2012 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Op. You are making a good point. Give the people what they want and not what they need at this moment so they can realise their misstake and never do the misstake again. The road to hell is paved with good intensions. When you help to much so the people do not grow and keep making the same misstake again and again since they do not really suffer the concequences.

Say what you think is right and then stand back and watch them bang their head into the wall until they get it.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The lesser of two evils?

pfft!

All government is evil, regardless of where you sit. The only correct approach is to keep that "evil" as small as possible.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

agreed,,,,,I'll vote for an American vs a Kenyan any day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

second line,,,,,,,,,,

I really do believe O' (@@@@@@@@) is a comunist,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyfromreality
reply to post by beezzer

agreed,,,,,I'll vote for an American vs a Kenyan any day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

second line,,,,,,,,,,

I really do believe O' (@@@@@@@@) is a comunist,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Obama is for big government. Government in every aspect of our lives.

People get hung up on labels and definitions. I prefer to keep it simple.

Romneys government will be smaller than Obama's government.

If you WANT big government and all itn has to offer, vote for Obama.

If you WANT smaller government and less intrusion in your life, vote for Romney.

btw, welcome to ATS.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The lesser of two evils?

pfft!

All government is evil, regardless of where you sit. The only correct approach is to keep that "evil" as small as possible.

Great point, beezzer!
LESS goverment = LESS evil!
A vote for Romney = a vote for LESS government!
A vote for Obama = a vote for...well, you all know by now...MORE of the last pathetic 4 years of joblessness and economic decline.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

OP, Romney is perhaps the biggest puppet of the corporations and pro Israel lobby American politics has ever seen.

And I mean that.

When you have researched behind the scenes like I have, you will see that Romney literally parrots what he is told to say.

He is a complete farce to 'democracy'- the first thing he will do if he gets into power will be bombing Iran.

To knowingly vote for Romney with the info out there is just ludicrous. I'm sorry, but that is the flat out honest truth of the matter.

So you prefer to prolong the misery and go down slowly? Obama wont and cant change the course we are on. The GOP and even his own party would not support the changes that need to happen. On top of that, the voters would not support him. We need more change than any politician is willing to make and more than the voters will tolerate. It's a lose situation with Romney as well.

I prefer to accelerate the process because the only thing that I see that will provoke change is a disaster. The GOP is that disaster. Bring it on.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton

I knew earlier I had read something this morning which you might have missed.

In case you might be interested, not that it may matter, I have posted two links below in an effort to catch you up on Mr. Romney and help you in your decission.

www.rollingstone.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">

www.rollingstone.com...

I think I would lean more toward someone I thought I could trust with my future bases upon his past.
edit on 30-8-2012 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

What is it with the responses? Dont you people understand? Perhaps you didnt read the post? I'm not voting for him because I like or trust him, I vote for him to speed up the destruction. So we can hopefully rebuild society with a different plan.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment
Op. You are making a good point. Give the people what they want and not what they need at this moment so they can realise their misstake and never do the misstake again. The road to hell is paved with good intensions. When you help to much so the people do not grow and keep making the same misstake again and again since they do not really suffer the concequences.

Say what you think is right and then stand back and watch them bang their head into the wall until they get it.

Amen brother. People are truly asleep to what needs to happen and what a messed up course we are on. They are hypnotized by greed and material things. They need a good slap in the face and the, just maybe they will wake up. Its a sad state of affairs. We have replaced the basic human need with money. Money truly is the root of all evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join