It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Louisiana sinkhole is wormhole/vortex, and Isaac ain't moving" says Elder "spiritual"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Only one problem as far as I can see.....

Isaac IS moving. Currently to the Northwest at 4 mph.

Then it will continue moving, slowly, bringing much needed raid to parts of the Midwest and Ohio Valley.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Thanks MMIS, great thread.

My observation of the more elderly among us is this. They are either

1. Angry, Bigoted, Hateful - not nice people
2. Suffering dimentia - not functional
or
3. Wise - this sounds like your neighbour

Jim Morrison said ' there are things known and things unknown. in between are the doors '

This sink hole could be a door in more ways than one.

Time will tell. Blue Moon tomorrow - Look Up !

* Ned

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I think for too long we have all become reliant on what the MSM tells us and believe it to be gospel, true that most people here on ATS have many varied and alternating views to what is going on around the world. Which is what makes this site interesting.
All the OP has done is put forth his neighbours alternative view. What's wrong with that?
I think that view is as plausible as anything else that's been put forward.
It's not the only sinkhole that's opened up recently, others in New York and Japan.
Are these natural and regular occurrences which we are only noticing now because 21 Dec. 2012 is looming?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

With that Point 2, be careful bandying around the word Dementia. Its a very serious and stressful illness especially for the dementia sufferers loved ones. My Father is 86 and was diagnosed with Alzheimers disease 2 years ago.
Since then we have watched him getting steadily worse, to have seen him at 80 years old and see his decline to now is depressing and something you wouldn't wish on an enemy,
The strange thing is he is blissfully unaware, my sister call's it the long goodbye. Which is so true.
Please don't be flippant with such a serious illness.
Sorry to go off subject.
Peace

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Not being flippant whatsoever. Not sure why you took it that way.

I've been a personal carer and looked after elderly folk, so know how this is a big issue for many people/families, yourself included. All I was stating was that mental illness in the elderly is extremely prevolent.

Peace

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Sorry, If I took you the wrong way. It is a touchy subject with me. All the best Mate.
Cheers

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I for one would trust an elder over MSM.....

How about the fact that the storm is moving quite well and in exactly the pattern they predicted? Issac is gonna continue then curve into the Westerlies and soak New England next week, how's that not moving?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I understand that the elders theory could be far-fetched but another interesting thread was posted today which may interest you... Apparently on a weather map, a strange occurence has happened around/on/near the sinkhole. If you think about ancient paintings and spirals, its exactly what you see in the weather map...

Here's the thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know this could be coincidence, but it is still interesting concidering the information you just provided.. Your elder friend could be on to something...

edit on 30-8-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I for one would trust an elder over MSM.....

We think alike.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Well, that about wraps it up for me.
I have officially heard everything.

No offense intended toward you OP.

I do thank you for the thread.
God forbid your "Elder" neighbor ('round my parts they're just called Old people)

Is right and the entire Gulf gets sucked into a high energy vortex, I'm gonna look like quite the A-hole.
Man will I have egg on my face.

On the bright side, You are going to be a freakin HERO!!!
and some sort of modern day prophet. Or at least your crazy neighbor will be.
Either way, and I'm being serious now,
Keep in touch with that old timer.
I am curious as to WHY he s saying this.
I wish you would have probed him more.

I talk to him pretty often. He lives 2 doors down and we live in row homes so he's all of 25 feet away! lol

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
The shills come out in full force.

Op..i find your neighbor's statement very interesting. There are far stranger things happening in the world right now.

Hell, we dont know anything about the world we live in, so who's to say he isnt right?

My main reason for posting it. We're finding out more and more each day that things aren't as we thought they were.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by B3lz3buth

my neighbor who is an elder (maybe 80) and claims to be a spiritual who studied "the world from Native Americans".

Check your neighbor backyard, pretty sure you will find some " spiritual plant " growing here...

Do not accept any muffins with your tea if you ever visit him...

edit on 29/8/2012 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

If that's the case, check my backyard too..

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
The shills come out in full force.

Op..i find your neighbor's statement very interesting. There are far stranger things happening in the world right now.

Hell, we dont know anything about the world we live in, so who's to say he isnt right?

I wonder if this is in force across the board? SO was quite specific about calling other members Shills or Disinfo Artists etc....

Example: calling any ATS member a shill will result in an account termination.

edit on 30-8-2012 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
A sinkhole results from a cave collapsing. Maybe the Gulf of Mexico oil spill caused a crack or a cave to open up, and now it is collapsing. I once lived in Bowling Green, KY and Mamouth cave was 30 minutes away by highway. The Mamouth cave spreads out 300 miles in all directions underground. We had hundreds of sink holes in the countryside in and around Bowling Green, KY. Somones entire pond disappeared during lunch hour. A huge piece of road disappeared in town and cost $400,000.00 to repair. Someone's car disappeared in the TJ Maxx parking lot. People in the countryside used sink holes as their dump. Mamouth Cave was just huge underground, one room is a football stadium size.... very hard to imagine, and undergound river.
edit on 30-8-2012 by frugal because: sp

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by redtic

It has been slowing down too. Having lived on the Gulf Coast I can say that I've never seen a storm hit for this long..

TS storm Allison in 2001 in the Houston area.

Allison lasted unusually long for a June storm, remaining tropical or subtropical for 15 days. The storm developed from a tropical wave in the northern Gulf of Mexico on June 4, 2001, and struck the upper Texas coast shortly thereafter. It drifted northward through the state, turned back to the south, and re-entered the Gulf of Mexico

The storm dropped heavy rainfall along its path, peaking at over 40 inches (1,000 mm) in Texas. The worst flooding occurred in Houston, where most of Allison's damage occurred: 30,000 became homeless after the storm flooded over 70,000 houses and destroyed 2,744 homes. Downtown Houston was inundated with flooding, causing severe damage to hospitals and businesses

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
A sinkhole results from a cave collapsing. Maybe the Gulf of Mexico oil spill caused a crack or a cave to open up, and now it is collapsing. I once lived in Bowling Green, KY and Mamouth cave was 30 minutes away by highway. The Mamouth cave spreads out 300 miles in all directions underground. We had hundreds of sink holes in the countryside in and around Bowling Green, KY. Somones entire pond disappeared during lunch hour. A huge piece of road disappeared in town and cost $400,000.00 to repair. Someone's car disappeared in the TJ Maxx parking lot. People in the countryside used sink holes as their dump. Mamouth Cave was just huge underground, one room is a football stadium size.... very hard to imagine, and undergound river.
edit on 30-8-2012 by frugal because: sp

I haven't even connected this with the oil spill at all... I guess that's my own shortcoming because that could be very important!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by redtic

It has been slowing down too. Having lived on the Gulf Coast I can say that I've never seen a storm hit for this long..

TS storm Allison in 2001 in the Houston area.

Allison lasted unusually long for a June storm, remaining tropical or subtropical for 15 days. The storm developed from a tropical wave in the northern Gulf of Mexico on June 4, 2001, and struck the upper Texas coast shortly thereafter. It drifted northward through the state, turned back to the south, and re-entered the Gulf of Mexico

The storm dropped heavy rainfall along its path, peaking at over 40 inches (1,000 mm) in Texas. The worst flooding occurred in Houston, where most of Allison's damage occurred: 30,000 became homeless after the storm flooded over 70,000 houses and destroyed 2,744 homes. Downtown Houston was inundated with flooding, causing severe damage to hospitals and businesses

Thanks for that. I moved to Houston in 2004 so I missed that one...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Be glad you arrived after. It was a gigantic mess. All those underground tunnels, parking garages, etc downtown and at the med center filled with water.

The LA situation is a salt dome, common all the coast. But many have been hollowed out to be used as storage.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Be glad you arrived after. It was a gigantic mess. All those underground tunnels, parking garages, etc downtown and at the med center filled with water.

The LA situation is a salt dome, common all the coast. But many have been hollowed out to be used as storage.

Ike was bad enough so I couldn't imagine. I'm on the east coast now,

Sinkholes, normal. Slurry holes, with radiation spikes - definitely abnormal.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Didn't the brine company abandon that storage because it failed a pressure test. That seems to indicate some leak. It would not be difficult to believe it could be allowing leaks into it and there create of sink hole.

If there is actual radiation different then naturally occurring from the ground in that area, maybe there was some dumping going on out there. Humans do done bad things in the chase for money.

Edit: Seem officials think the radiation is from oil field waste that has been dumped/stored there. That seems to make sense. Just another way to pollute the Earth and hope it doesn't come back to bite people.

edit on 8/30/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join