It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited about finding a new forum that has rules, lol.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hello to the forum. I hope I can make my contributions half as interesting as those I have seen while looking around. I am a science enthusiast and my thing is layman discussions about cosmology, physics, and philosophy. I see there are forums for every interest, and have viewed some of the discussion and really like the good natured conduct. Other forums often allow too much disparagement and insults that are out of proportion to the simple thread discussions that I usually conduct. Any welcome is appreciated, and I'm off the get my feet wet.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BogieSmiles

Hi BogieSmiles, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Welcome!!
I so agree with you! Some forums are a collection of attacks and swear words and I get very little information!
Information is what i want and sometimes people get testy but the rules are enforced and we can discuss and weave our way to the facts!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I was drawn here for the same reasons, rules.

Although my very well thought out (and extremely witty, I might add) sarcasm has been removed a couple times, it is only when I'm off topic.

Best of all, you can find a topic to tickle your fancy, no matter what you are interested in, some for all.

Enjoy!

~Rev

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I was excited about that to,when I first joined and it is part of why I have never left ATS.

Welcome aboard! See you around
edit on 28-8-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Welcome to the exciting world of ATS.
I gather from your intro that you will be a respectful and all around good person to have around. I look forward to seeing what you bring to the table. This place is full of some of the best and brightest minds on the net so im sure it will provoke you to think in new and exciting ways. I hope you find your time on here as wonderful as i have. The staff is always willing to help in any way possible also as im sure you may have figured out. Anyways, best of luck to you. Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hello! Welcome! Enjoy your time here with us!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Welcome! New members like you and I make up the world of tomorrow for ATS

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS! I look forward to seeing your contributions. I too, joined because of the rules for civil discourse, something that earlier I had a problem with.

I still have a foul mouth at times, but not as much as I used to.
And I don't exercise that foul language here either.

All thanks to ATS.

edit on 29-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Welcome! It's great to have you with us and we hope your stay is long, interesting, fun, frutiful and though-provoking.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
By tomorrow I hope to have my 20 post in so I can start a thread (which I'm already working on, lol.)

I appreciate the welcomes which confirm my suspicion that ATS is a great forum and I will enjoy myself here. I don't understand yet how "friends" works here so I won't go through and befriend all of you, but I welcome any and all friends because I know how important they are in forum life. I hope you will look at my new thread, and if you are :GeekWarning: interested in physics and cosmology please join in. Thanks again, and I will look for you around the forums.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hope I'm not too late to wish you a hearty Welcome to ATS.....

Des

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Too late for a me too?

In all seriousness, I'm glad you pointed this out. There's...certain conspiracy forums out there where basically anything goes. Makes for akward conversation now and then.

Anywho, good to have you here!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This has become my favorite forum site because I find the rules are well established and enforced.
I don't have much patience with a lot of trolling that disrupts constructive exchange.
Welcome, and I hope you enjoy yourself here!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'll say it again, this seems to be the kind of forum I have always thought should be out there somewhere. Why did I not find it long ago? I often search for active forums to find people willing to discuss my far out ideas and my closely held secrets without too much fear of insult and antagonistic egoism, yet didn't find ATS until now. I took the time to look around and I have seen the threads some of you have started and the variety of interests here, and after about a whole week I am still excited, lol. Thank you so much for welcoming me and for providing such great threads and posts.

I have noticed that even with rules of conduct there are ways to put people in their place and sometimes that is impossible to resist, and I have learned some of the "how to" by my brief look at what some of you and others have had to say here and there. I consider a it an art to carryout a well mannered put down, and some of you here are quite talented; I hope to learn as I go, though so far I haven't had any use for such a talent.

new topics

top topics

join