It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stornoway - We Are The Battery Human

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have been seeing several posts/threads recently regarding the technology of today and how it is used by the younger generation and the way in which people perceive them in today's society, especially regarding their patterns of behaviour.

Thought that some of you out there may be interested to read the lyrics and listen to a song by a band called Stornoway, from their album Beachcomber's Windowsill.....

If you have never heard the album then I can fully recommend it........

Hope you enjoy the track.......

Where are we going this fine morning?
What are we doing this fine day?
We're doing the same as every morning

We're staying inside on this fine morning
Staying inside on this fine day
We'll stare at a screen like every morning

And outside the window spring is here
We're going to hibernate all year
Under a pile of A4 snowflakes

'Cause we're the new generation
We are the battery human
But we were born to be free range

We've got the the whole at our fingers
We've got the whole world in our hands
We get the blues as we grow richer

'Cause we need to fix our loose connection
Out in the natural world wide web
We're humans evolved in three dimensions

We were tuned in by natural selection
And we need to go online each day
But inside we don't get no reception

So join the new revolution
To free the battery human
'Cause we were born to be free range

We are the new generation
We are the battery human
But we were born to be free range

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
That sucked on so many different levels. I feel like I have been acoustically assaulted, someone call the music police. Music is subjective though, so just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Those lyrics sum up a lot of how the western world is these days. I didn't listen to much of the song, as it isn't really my taste but from reading the words.

Everything, from town planning, education and general insularity in society has caused this, as well as media.

Whether this is a deliberate conspiracy for keeping people from proper social interaction as a means of control (power in numbers) is possible but debatable.

It is a shame though, the things available for people to do in so many places are so full of undesirable people or things that makes people even more wary. Even the local parks in most places aren't all that suitable for children. Here, whilst a nice neighbourhood generally, I have seen grown adults that looked normal walking in kids parks throwing sticks to unleashed, unmuzzled banned breed dogs. That isn't appropriate, these people should be locked away. As well as the junior bullies, arsonists and pavement mess, it isn't a nice environment to spend time. Pubs are often places that are best avoided for people that are best avoided. And that is things from a parent perspective. Teenagers face the same thing, nowhere much to go to, not much to enjoy. Some groups are ok for kids but they often aren't outdoors.

We love the countryside but often there isn't much entertaining to do apart from walking, hiking, climbing or water activities and this isn't suitable for some people. Most countryside activities are now controlled, everything has to have membership or hourly rates. Unless on the coast, and a lot of people have to think of jobs and commuting so cannot just up sticks to the coast.

There is so much people could be doing but societies ails have to be addressed first.
edit on 28-8-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ezekielken
That sucked on so many different levels. I feel like I have been acoustically assaulted, someone call the music police. Music is subjective though, so just my opinion.

Yeah, like you say music is subjective and we all like what we like.........

I don't know what music you are into, but never dismiss an album just by listening to one track.........That is what so many people do today.........

cheers

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i felt suicidal after 30 seconds thats drinking music

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I liked the music
The title and idea put me in mind of "The Matrix", once I got past that, I enjoyed the analogy. I like music that changes how we ordinarily view things.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist

I liked the music
The title and idea put me in mind of "The Matrix", once I got past that, I enjoyed the analogy. I like music that changes how we ordinarily view things.

Glad you like the track Iamschist........You have good taste...........cheers

top topics

join