It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ellen Barkin Hopes Hurricane Kills 'Every Pro-Life, Xenophobic, Gay-Bashing SOB' At The RNC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

It's a free country.
If the KKK & WBC can spout their garbage.
They so can Ellen.

Personally I wish them a horrible hangover.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Calling her a "prominent voice on the Left" IS a lie. She represents NO ONE. She is not elected, she does not head a think tank, she is not a member of academia, she is not a member of the media, she is not a campaign advisor, she does not run a PAC, she does not run a non-profit political foundation. She's a friggin' actress and a washed up one at that. Comparing her to an elected Congressman is just another example of the STUPENDOUS lunacy of the Right.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

WOW...I hadn't heard that! So what state does she represent in congress? Or is she head of the DNC?? Perhaps a Senator??

According to Wikipedia, she is an actress?? I am confused....In your OP you claimed she represented the "Left"?? Arguably half the population of the United States??

Hmmmm....Do I now get to choose a consrvative at random to represent all conservatives?

OK...I choose Ted Nugent..Please tell me why Republicans are threatening to kill anyone that supports the President.

"I vow that I will use our freedom to get these dirty c**k s**kers out of the White House. The president is a bad man. The vice president is a bad man. They’re all bad people.

If you don’t get that, you’re a dead mo**erf**ker. If you don’t get that, get out of Texas. Move to Illinois."

"All the skinny girls get a free machine gun tonight,” he said, holding up a machine gun on stage. "The big girls can load them."

www.pegasusnews.com...
edit on 28-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I am a conservaliberal with strong fascist-Stalinist tendencies and I say ELLEN BARKIN is an enemy of the state and should report to the nearest Fusion/KGB center immediately where she will be transported to Janet Napolitano's house for some rigorous interrogation. SEIG HEIL BEOTCHES!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
Aaah, there are fewer things more intolerant of anyone who disagrees with them than liberals.

Really? How about The RNC?
If you are a moderate Republican you've already lost your job.
It's bat# crazy extremists or nothing for them.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Let me look around a little,,,,,

Text“Tolerant” liberals wish death for 6-year-old boy

5 days ago, on July 29, PatriotUpdateReport posted this video on YouTube, of a cute little boy, age 6, giving us 10 reasons not to re-elect Obama:

What followed was a tsunami of hatred, viciousness, and venom — calling for the boy to be anal-raped (“Sanduskied”) and for him and his parents to be killed.

fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com...

In the recent Occupy Wall Street protests by the left, comedienne Roseanne Barr had this to say about wealthy Americans: "I first would allow the guilty bankers to pay… back anything over 100 million in personal wealth because I believe in a maximum wage of 100 million dollars and if they’re unable to live on that amount then they should go to the reeducation camps, and if that doesn’t help, then be beheaded."

Democratic Senator Al Franken of Minnesota peddled a book entitled Rush Limbaugh is a Big, Fat, Stupid Idiot, viciously ridiculing a person struggling with obesity and deafness.

In 2007, White House Press Secretary Tony Snow announced his cancer had returned. Commentators on the left-wing Daily Kos website remarked, "the world would be better off without him"

Liberal talk radio host Mike Malloy lashed out at conservative commentator Glenn Beck, a recovering alcoholic, told his radio audience "I have good news to report. Glenn Beck appears closer to suicide. I'm hoping that he does it on camera....given his alcoholism and his tendencies towards self-destruction, I am only hoping that when Glenn Beck does put a gun to his head and pulls the trigger, that it’s on television, because somebody will capture it on YouTube and it will be the most popular little piece of video for months."

Congressional Democrats wrote into the so-called "health care reform" bill of 2009, the outdated and offensive language, "A hospital or a nursing facility or intermediate-care facility for the mentally retarded . . ." (emphasis added).

Former Democratic President Bill Clinton, when asking Sen. Ted Kennedy for his endorsement of Hillary Clinton, said of Obama: "A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee."

Yes, the None-Racist Left: Clinton, said of Obama: "A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee."

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has been the relentless target of the most vile liberal hatred since his appointment, being viewed as a "race traitor" on account of his conservative views. In 2011, a group of white liberal protesters said on camera that they wanted to "hang him" and "send him back to the fields" and all sorts of other hate speech against him.

Actor Alec Baldwin urged a television audience of approximately 3 million viewers to murder Congressman Henry Hyde.

Yes, another Actor,,,,,,, has much as most of them Hate Guns, They like to try and insight others to Commit
Murder!

Sarah Palin agreed to speak at a fund raiser for military families in need and for a grief camp for children who had lost loved ones in combat. Liberals thanked her with "an onslaught of personal attacks", some of which "[raised] concerns for her safety and the safety of others", prompting the cancellation of the event.

www.conservapedia.com...
Yes, it goes on and on, I guess the Right has made the same comments and are just as bad,,,,,,,,,,

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

You can bring up as many sources for liberals being asshats as you can conservatives. Doesn't mean that one person's comments are expected to represent millions of people.

Stating that they are is ignorance at it's finest. The problem is not the story, it's the rhetoric used.

You jump the bandwagon and accuse ALL liberals of this sort of remarks in your OP.

Yes, All Hail The Peace Loving Left,,,, They would never wish and Harm to come to any one or group of people, The left only wants peace, Total Government Control of our lives and of-course the Largest Welfare Country ever
Only if they are allowed to keep their monies and we bow to their every Whim!

Is that relevant to the story? What purpose does that comment serve other than to inflamme the other side and bait other members into a discussion about left vs right, instead of this woman's deplorable comments?

It isn't and it doesn't.

~Tenth
edit on 8/28/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by guohua

WOW...I hadn't heard that! So what state does she represent in congress? Or is she head of the DNC?? Perhaps a Senator??

According to Wikipedia, she is an actress?? I am confused....In your OP you claimed she represented the "Left"?? Arguably half the population of the United States??

Hmmmm....Do I now get to choose a consrvative at random to represent all conservatives?

OK...I choose Ted Nugent..Please tell me why Republicans are threatening to kill anyone that supports the President.

"I vow that I will use our freedom to get these dirty c**k s**kers out of the White House. The president is a bad man. The vice president is a bad man. They’re all bad people.

If you don’t get that, you’re a dead mo**erf**ker. If you don’t get that, get out of Texas. Move to Illinois."

"All the skinny girls get a free machine gun tonight,” he said, holding up a machine gun on stage. "The big girls can load them."

www.pegasusnews.com...
edit on 28-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Except that Ted Nugent DOES represent the Conservative movement. He does the talk show circuit where guys like Hannity give him lots of air time. He plays at Republican events. He raises money for them. People come to see him because they share his opinions.

Of course, us normal people hear his rants on FOX, et al and we blow it off. Just one more of hundreds of vocal right wing weirdos and lunatics given prominent voice by FOX, Rush, Beck, Savage, Malkin, et al.

But let a washed up actress who is not featured on any Progressive shows, etc. say something and the poor little whiny wussies on the Right run and cry to their mommies.

Times like this it is good this site has some decorum rules,because there are quite a few choice words I'd otherwise have.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

And all that relates to the topic of this thread how?
Ellen Barkin still does not represent the Left.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

You forgot Ted met with Mitt to give him Teds blessing to run for POTUS for the Republicans.

I think that really shows he is important to the Right.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

"You can bring up as many sources for liberals being asshats as you can conservatives. Doesn't mean that one person's comments are expected to represent millions of people."

Umm. No really, you can't. I challenge you to provide a list of PROMINENT wackos on the left with air time or given air time. I'll bet you my membership on this site that any list you come up with, I can come up with at least double.

Please stop the BS false equivalency. It is one of the big problems in this country.

By the way, if any of us non moderators used the term "asshat" you think we'd be dinged by other moderators?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
Yes, All Hail The Peace Loving Left

So you criticize someone who makes a generalized statement against a group of people with a similar political ideology... by generalizing the entire left and accusing them of believing the same?

Wow.

I really dislike the same people Ellen Barkin hates, but I wouldn't wish them death. And I'm one of those typical lefty "commie" people guys like you rant about.

Just as I don't really think all Republicans are hateful religious fundamentalists, you shouldn't immediately think that all left leaning people would wish people like you harm.
edit on 28-8-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I'm not going to go on a witchunt to satisfy your need to make the left seem better than the right.

The simple truth of it is, that they are both extremist groups, who have no intent on fixing your country, only making it worse.

Red VS Blue is an illusion, and the actual problem in your country is that some of you are too blinded by partisan nonsense to see it. Then again, I suppose it's normal for a person to want to believe there is a 'good side' and that it's not all just a game that keeps you busy while the real players make decisions behind closed doors.

I would like to think that no ATS member falls into that category, considering all that's known about the state of politics and control of the world.

But again some people would rather walk around with rose colored glasses.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Everybody seems to forget that in America, people are able to express their opinions whether or not we agree with them.

Who cares if she is left or right. All she did was make hateful, nutter comments.

Perhaps when she said all of this, she wasn't in her right mind, 'cause we all have moments like this. Does she realize that innocent people could be killed along with the people she hates?

I think it was a brain fart moment for he.r One that she will regret.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Sulie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by guohua

Celebrities are now the voice of the entire Liberal movement?

Really?

What a lame attempt at partisan hack divisionism. The left and the right are all the same people, to say that any of them are better than the rest is nonsense.

It is kind of hilarious that people use isolated events to blanket statement millions of people. Hell I'm not even a liberal and I'm offended at the notion that those people would 'represent' liberals accross the country.

On twitter no less...

Ah and here we have the ATS liberal moderator, here to down play anything that's at all critical of the people on his side. You do know Obama trots out Hollywood constantly because they support him, right? You do know the media constantly does the same?
edit on 28-8-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

maybe because the right has for decades called them communists, and america haters, even to the point in the 1950's of getting people blackballed and fired from their jobs...gee, you think that has anything to do with it?

and as far as a liberal moderator?...yeah...because here on ATS, we just don't have enough liberal bashing...conservative right-wingers are so few and far between...yeah....right...you keep believing that.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Sorry, but after reading some of the other posts by the OP I have deduced that this is a pointless debate and the OP is nothing more than a political extremist.

The idea that anyone could compare some random trolling on the internet to some of the religious led bile the Republican party preaches is nonsensical. People on the net can say what they like, but people running for office expressing hatred, sexism, religious fundamentalism and political extremism is NOT ACCEPTABLE in a modern democratic system.

That is the difference between a Republic politician and an internet troll or celebrity. Those in positions of power should never be expressing such ignorant and hateful views as the Republican party is often caught espousing.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Other than the admitted left of ATS, I've been watching and hoping to see a comment from an organization that does represent the DNC or other left wing recognized group and it has not appeared.

People here mention Conservative talk show host and I've often heard them denounce comments made by fringe groups.
@ JBA2848, What does it matter to you that I'm Chinese, you have a Problem with me being Chinese, Does the Fact That I'm Chinese and Female Upset You? Or is it that I live in Arizona and I'm Proud of our State.

Who here at ATS that represents the Left, has access to the news and can contribute an article criticizing this Actress or writes a Blog and will Criticize this woman's statement?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I love Samuel L Jackson's characters but he and Ms Barkin are both actors. no offense to anyone one here but actors are hardly the brightest people on the planet. Get a grip people.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I represent neither the right, nor the left.

I don't think any single individual can say they represent a large group of people. They can say that they do, but mostly they represent the actual fringe minority that only came to power by screaming louder than everybody else.

The problem with moderates is that they too often let extremists win, because they are too much trouble to fight against. It's a sad reality.

Myself? I'm a conservative, but not the kind you find in today's politics. I don't consider myself affiliated with any political party. I do like what Ron Paul brings to the table and if I was American, he'd be the only person I'd be willing to vote for.

But the GOP as well as the DNC are shadows of their former selves. Highjacked by the corporate interests of very few.

~Tenth
edit on 8/28/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Both sides of the fence have screwballs, the problem with the right though is the screwballs actually have power. Ellen Barkin isn't going to be submitting toxic legislation from her dressing room on a movie set.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join