It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ellen Barkin Hopes Hurricane Kills 'Every Pro-Life, Xenophobic, Gay-Bashing SOB' At The RNC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I totally understand your stance and comments here.
I agree with:

Myself? I'm a conservative, but not the kind you find in today's politics. I don't consider myself affiliated with any political party. I do like what Ron Paul brings to the table and if I was American, he'd be the only person I'd be willing to vote for.

Ron Paul is our best bet for America, But like my husband say's,,,, He doesn't have a chance. We can not take another four years of Obama,,,,,
OK, I'll admit I lumped the Left into one Very Large Group of people, I really didn't know this woman, we don't watch T.V. hardly at all, I had to read she was an actress and then I researched and found a lot of Hollywood types are Liberals. I understand the Conservative Hollywood types are mostly worried about some one finding out and losing their job,,,,, true or not,,,,,,,

But,,,, again, I would like very much to read or hear on our radio at home, a Recognized Liberal Organization denounce these comments made by the,,,,, I guess Fringed of the Left,,,,,,,,, I have had enough ATS'ers make their views known.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

Oh, no a few of the right's screwballs have that same power. Don't kid yourself.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

The problem with wanting to see a liberal organization denounce this, is that they would then have to admit that this person is important, or could be a representative of the Left in general.

Which is something they would attempt to avoid at all costs.

Sometimes no comment is the best one you can make in politics.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by pajoly

I'm not going to go on a witchunt to satisfy your need to make the left seem better than the right.

The simple truth of it is, that they are both extremist groups, who have no intent on fixing your country, only making it worse.

Red VS Blue is an illusion, and the actual problem in your country is that some of you are too blinded by partisan nonsense to see it. Then again, I suppose it's normal for a person to want to believe there is a 'good side' and that it's not all just a game that keeps you busy while the real players make decisions behind closed doors.

I would like to think that no ATS member falls into that category, considering all that's known about the state of politics and control of the world.

But again some people would rather walk around with rose colored glasses.

~Tenth

Tenth, you have access to my posts. Implying I'm a partisan is bogus. I've ranted plenty against Obama because of his treasonous things like NDAA, drone attacks, attacks on whistle blowers, etc. It is specifically because I am NOT partisan that I've the objectivity to call a spade a spade, so I am not afraid to say that today, in this time, there is a massive preponderance of insanity coming from the Right side of the political spectrum. I see it. All independents see it. All the non-Americans on ATS see it. I know if you were to be intellectually honest, you'd admit to it. We all know which side denies science. We all know which side thinks God is on their side. We all know which side straps on the guns, grabs a flag in one hand and a cross in the other then charges into the body politic assailing anyone who disagrees with them as Satanic or unAmerican or Muslim or Soicalists or whatever. It ain't the Dems, it ani't the Left. It ain't the Occupiers. It ain't the Progressives. It ain't the great center filled with thinking independents like myself.

That being said, I completely agree that both parties do share one huge, vile commonality and that is their sycophancy to the power structure of the financial elites, big pharma, mil/intel, petro mafia, etc. I also agree they both own complete culpability with respect to lighting afire the Constitution. The Patriot Act was enacted under Bush, but both parties majorities support, embrace an have expanded it. The DHS was born under Bush, but both parties have nurtured it into a massive bureaucracy that now stockpiles 1.5 billion rounds of hollow points, riot gear, portable checkpoint. The "preventative war" Bush Doctrine was born by Bush, but taken to the next level by Obama with extra-judicial assassinations in the drone assaults. TARP was created by Bush but Obama filled his financial staff and cabinet with Goldman Sachs executives who play the same game.

So get your facts correct about me before you step on to your high horse.
edit on 28-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Just another statement from a celebrity struggling to stay relevant. Most certainly, both sides have their celebs. who battle with this struggle. In the "old days" before all forms of social media, these folks would just fade gradually into the background of Hollywood and history. ... Usher in the new age of 24/7 news cycles, unchecked twitter accounts and reality TV programming of every sort and these same folks have found "new lives" and new ways to stay relevant. I just wish they would all think before they speak.

As for Barkin's direct comments and other similar comments made by other Celebs. Be careful of what you wish for... Karma can be cruel...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sulie
Everybody seems to forget that in America, people are able to express their opinions whether or not we agree with them.

Yeah - - they're just not allowed in Utah to watch Ellen Barkin's new TV Sitcom. She's hardly a washed up actress.

Utah's TV station deemed a show about a homosexual family is inappropriate for EVERYONE.

Utah's TV station does not support America in letting people be able to express their opinions.

Ellen Barkin Sounds Off on Twitter After Utah TV Station Bans The New Normal

by Brandi Fowler

Ellen Barkin is tweeting mad over a Utah TV station's decision to not air The New Normal. The show, which premieres in September on NBC, features a gay couple and the family of the woman who decides to become a surrogate for their baby.

Jeff Simpson, CEO of Bonneville International, parent company of of Salt Lake City NBC affiliate KSL-TV, told the Deseret News in a statement Friday that the show's "crude dialogue, explicit content and offensive characterizations," were the main reasons the station decided to ban it.

"After viewing the pilot episode of The New Normal, we have made the decision to keep it off our fall schedule. For our brand, this program simply feels inappropriate on several dimensions, especially during family viewing time."

www.eonline.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

Oh, no a few of the right's screwballs have that same power. Don't kid yourself.

Not understanding your response to my post. What do you mean?

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Yeah - - they're just not allowed in Utah to watch Ellen Barkin's new TV Sitcom. She's hardly a washed up actress.

Well, we are deprived in Arizona as well. Never heard of or have seen this show, so it must have a very limited viewing audience.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Sulie because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2012 by Sulie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Well, we are deprived in Arizona as well. Never heard of or have seen this show, so it must have a very limited viewing audience.

Its new.

Airs Sept 11

www.nbc.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Its new.

Airs Sept 11

www.nbc.com...

Well that explains this whole 'freakin thread then. Must be a publicity stunt to secure viewers.

Yawn...........

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

That is about what it amounts to. I won't condone the whatever stations not carrying it, personally I feel that they should it will probably end up cancelled by November anyway. TV is a fickle business and most sitcoms fail.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Its new.

Airs Sept 11

www.nbc.com...

Well that explains this whole 'freakin thread then. Must be a publicity stunt to secure viewers.

Yawn...........

I doubt its a publicity stunt.

I'd say its genuine emotions toward those who who spend millions of dollars to hate and deny rights to a group of people that have no affect on the lives of those who hate.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

From what I see on the story you posted. She seems to be mad at KSLTV for dumping her show and is taking it out on Mitt Romney because the Mormon Church owns KSLTV. Mitt Romney is a leader in the church due to his family.
So its a religious rant from a actor and not a political one.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Read it backwards. But then, the left has screwballs in power too.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Annee

From what I see on the story you posted. She seems to be mad at KSLTV for dumping her show and is taking it out on Mitt Romney because the Mormon Church owns KSLTV. Mitt Romney is a leader in the church due to his family.
So its a religious rant from a actor and not a political one.

Please - - tell me how you separate religion from Right Politics.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think we should go one step deeper. Instead of left-right, consider it as sane-insane.

Shouldn't the sane people of the world rise up to denounce insanity regardless of politics? Recently, Todd Akin was denounced by just about the entire country and has become unwelcome everywhere. Why not apply the same treatment in other cases?

It is kind of fun to see your "enemies" attacked, even if by a certifiable loony, but next week the loony might be attacking you. Besides, it's more rewarding to say "I'm on the side of sane people and discussion," than "I'm on the side of anything, no matter how nuts, that supports my political views."

This can work in other arenas, too. The Middle-East, and now Africa, have become homes to some of the craziest language and behavior seen in the last 50 years. Why not condemn insanity, regardless of the source?But as you can see even on ATS, crazy behavior there is defended by supporters of that particular belief at any cost.

What would I like to see? Condemnation of Barkin, Akin, and the rest, or at least of their comments. There are elected Senators and Representatives of both the Democrats and Republicans who say crazy things, they shoud be denounced at the highest levels. Barkin? Perhaps a thorough slam on Jon Stewart and Colbert would be appropriate.

Can we put as much effort into fighting the crazies as we to do fighting each other?

tothetenthpower

Please leave my membership status out of this conversation
That's a little tough to do. It's a bit like the neighborhood cop walking into a biker bar and saying "Pretend I'm not here, I'm off duty." True, but it's going to have an effect on the conversation anyway. Mind a suggestion? Have the bosses give you a second account without the Moderator label, and start over as a new member for discussion purposes.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Condemnation of Barkin, Akin, and the rest, or at least of their comments.

Well Barkin is expressing emotion.

Akin was stating something as fact.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

They won't because people are less lieky to see the insane that comes in close to what they believe in.

For example, if you truly believe that right-wingers are scum, and that they need to be eradicated, why in the world would incendiary posts like hers do a damn thing to you?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I doubt its a publicity stunt.

I'd say its genuine emotions toward those who who spend millions of dollars to hate and deny rights to a group of people that have no affect on the lives of those who hate.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

So, when was the last time it was ok to wish harm to anybody, especially the "little people," that might be included in the hatred?....

Sorry, no room for tit for tat crap in my life! I think it's sad you try to justify this persons outrage at particular people while innocents are also in the line of fire.

Been to the movies lately?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

Read it backwards. But then, the left has screwballs in power too.

Ohh I gotcha, true, but I wouldn't say as much as the Right has especially as of lately. It seems like they are crawling out of the woodwork with the elections just around the corner.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join