It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did nasa really send astronauts to the moon?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by krs678

The major explanation to this so far was simply "luck" and "planning". I find those responses absurd, do you imagine the political flack of having the astronauts die. The soviets would jump on it, especially since the reasons they invoked as why the US was first was that they couldn't have succeeded in it. Note that at the time the soviets had most of the time a large lead (and that lead was mostly maintained in low earth orbit and even on planet exploration for some time).

The way that NASA jumped on Russian space technology after the collapse is a good indicator, at least, on their superior designs. There are many instances that this is stated and documented.
edit on 26-8-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Big difference, with a telescope you are magnifying something.

I'm not sure how to explain this, but if you take a photo of something when you are stood next to it, it's there, but if you took the same pic 100 miles away, the object may still be in the picture, but if you zoomed in on it, it wouldn't have the same clarity.

Same with Hubble, it can take an amazing picture of a nebula 10 light years across because it is huge, but it can't photograph of a 1 metre flag a few hundred thousand kilometers away because that is like trying to photo a midget on a tomato plant......I hope that makes sense.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Here are some great pics btw:
Fab photos of endeavour

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by krs678
Hi there people
I have just one question if some body could enlighten me as to how nasa managed to send astronauts through the Van Allen radiation belt without them becoming fatally radiated ? I ask this question as its quoted in several documentaries as a significant hurdle in manned space travel outside a 1000miles radius of earth. thanks fa ya time

In fact, the Van Allen radiation belts extend from about 600 miles up to more than 40,000 miles from Earth with the region of highest radiation intensity being between around 2,000 miles and 12,000 miles above Earth. The astronauts exposure to those radiation belts is brief (less than 4 hours total - they begin their time in this region while traveling at 25,000 MPH! And they pass through it twice, once outbound, and again on their return. They spend less than an hour in the densest part of the belt.) and they are well protected in their spacecraft.

Also, the belt is toroidal in shape (like a donut) and the trajectories of the Apollo spacecraft were designed to avoid the worst part of the Van Allen belts. Even the discoverer of the Van Allen belts, Professor James A. Van Allen, has noted that the belts would not have been dangerous to the Apollo astronauts given their trajectories and their spacecraft.

In all the reading I have done about the moon expeditions v. the Van Allen belts, I have never heard these "facts". I am not saying they're not true, but why would I not read about these? And what about your garden variety cosmic radiation?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by krs678

You make a good point but fail to note that the material still needs to be put in place. This is why I do not understand why we de-orbit stuff in place on developing tech to start collecting the material safely at one of the Lagrangian points (imagine the value of recycling stuff in space).

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
if you are truly open minded, there is a LOT of independent third party verification of the apollo missions. I highy recommend you look into this.

third party evidence

this is my favorite one

Larry Baysinger, a technician for WHAS radio in Louisville, Kentucky, independently detected and recorded transmissions between Apollo 11 astronauts on the lunar surface and in the command module.[38] Recordings made by Baysinger share certain characteristics with recordings made at Bochum Observatory by Heinz Kaminski (see above), in that both Kaminski's and Baysinger's recordings do not include the capsule communicator in Houston and the associated Quindar tones heard in NASA audio and seen on NASA Apollo 11 transcripts. Kaminski and Baysinger could only hear the transmissions from the Moon, and not transmissions to the Moon from the earth.[32][39]

it's my favorite because he had to point his equipment........at the moon

enjoy

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein
reply to post by miniatus

Why can we not see the giant flag, they planted, through our telescopes?

Giant flag?

www.hq.nasa.gov...

You can't see the landing site through a telescope... It's been imaged from russian and chinese space missions, satellites that image the lunar surface.. And the "giant" flag is hardly giant at all ..

Keep in mind that Russia and the US were both competing to get to space at the same time.. it would have been quite easy for Russia to see this was a hoax because you can bet they were observing the launch and subsequent missions.. Russia would not sit by and go along with the hoax ... they were embarrassed by their failed mission and would have absolutely flaunted it in our faces if it hadn't truly happened..

There's zero logic used in the moon hoax stuff..

it would have been quite easy for Russia to see this was a hoax because you can bet they were observing the launch and subsequent missions.. Russia would not sit by and go along with the hoax ... they were embarrassed by their failed mission and would have absolutely flaunted it in our faces if it hadn't truly happened..

The only flaw in that theory is the 'what if' Russia WAS in on the hoax? Isn't Russian part of the I.S.S.??? Call me 'crazy'...but after Hiroshima and Nagasaki...all the world leaders were put on notice. Kinda like the Kennedy Assassination.

If Russia was so "powerful"...why did the Wall come down???

See, here's the deal....we have SMALL THINKING, and TPTB have been handed a guideline and game plan...dating back thousands of years. To think 1 person is actually running an entire country, is ABSURD! Every nation is "in on it". Best BELIEVE THAT! Look at the symbols each nation uses, for their agencies. There are no ROGUES, in the big picture of things.

See the BIG PICTURE, dating back 2,000 years ago.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Big difference, with a telescope you are magnifying something.

I'm not sure how to explain this, but if you take a photo of something when you are stood next to it, it's there, but if you took the same pic 100 miles away, the object may still be in the picture, but if you zoomed in on it, it wouldn't have the same clarity.

Same with Hubble, it can take an amazing picture of a nebula 10 light years across because it is huge, but it can't photograph of a 1 metre flag a few hundred thousand kilometers away because that is like trying to photo a midget on a tomato plant......I hope that makes sense.

I wasn't referring to Hubble, specifically. Surely we have satellites that have optics on them capable of photographing the moon at higher resolutions than we've seen. There is no atmosphere between them and the moon to have to see through. What about the sats we (or others) have orbiting the moon?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

There are numerous threads about the whole moon landing thing.. I don't buy into any of the hoax theories, especially considering the site of the moon landing has been imaged by russia and china.. they would have nothing to gain by propagating hoax for the united states

The hoax theories tend to ignore those basic facts...

Lets say it's not a doctored image. Lets say it is "a site". They also sent robots to the moon prior to they're claim of sending astronauts. So how do you know for certain that it wasn't the site of a robot landing?

The moon landing is a hoax wake up.

You're suggesting that Russia and China doctored their satellite imaging since they ( as well as the US of course ) have all imaged the sites .. That makes no sense whatsoever given the fact that Russia was our direct adversary in the space race.. they monitored these missions closely.. Russia, and indeed the world.. watched the astronauts get into the launch vehicle and blast off.. the world also saw them splash back down... Russia also had satellites orbiting earth .. they would absolutely have seen the rocket's trajectory and been able to track it ..

The hoax stuff is just silly... for many reasons.. but the simplest being what I keep going back to ... Russia and China would have NO reason to perpetuate the moon landing hoax.. in fact they'd have every reason to expose it because if that were true and it didn't happen.. it would be a huge embarrassment... you can bet your bottom dollar they would jump at the chance to expose it..

"Wake up" indeed... apply a little common sense ( even politically ) and you see that it happened.. no hoax

I said "lets say they didn't". Now address the rest of my original post about the robot landing please.

Oh man oh man....you actually think the US and Russia were adversaries in the space race? Oh man.... lol Do some research here okay. They weren't advisories. They were working together on it. The russians built one of the robots that went to the moon. The Americans very likely might have worked in a joint effort with them using that robot as some of the staging in the hoax. Such as the radio signals etc.

The russians faked stuff too. They likely faked they're first manned mission or one of there first ones. The US knew about that. So why didn't they reveal it? Then USSR new about the faked moon landing, they didn't reveal that. They didn't reveal why they decided not to attempt a luner mission. They didn't discredit the US's mission.

So why not???

the reason is there was a gentlmens agreement, as they were sharing rocket technology. They had scientists colaborating and talking about all the science behind it. They shared luner materials brought back by the robots. They agreed any trickery was not to be revealed by the other party. Which is why nothing was revealed by either party about the faked shows each put on.

As far as what you said about them exposing it? Why do you think they'd reveal that to the world? That makes no sense. They work together to a large degree, the clear ideas, concepts, movies, science projects etc etc. Perfect example. There's a movie coming out Red Dawn. It shows Korea as the invader of the US. It was gonna be China. China talked to the US and said, "no we don't want to be the bad guy" and they changed it. If they were that adversarial they'd be like "screw you".

There's always diplomacy between nations. They're not shooting from the hip okay.

One of the cardinal rules between nations is like this:

1) no killing each others leaders. If they die by assisination it's from within.

2) no revealing each others top secrets.

And constant diplomacy on minor issues. Remember the UN? The world is becoming all one government. They've been working together on a lot of stuff for years. All this stuff we see at our level like for example the cold war and others is just a propaganda piece to keep people in fear. But the G20 work together. They're not advisories. They haven't been for ages.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Komodo

Your point?

use
the
search
function ..

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Hi there people
I have just one question if some body could enlighten me as to how nasa managed to send astronauts through the Van Allen radiation belt without them becoming fatally radiated ? I ask this question as its quoted in several documentaries as a significant hurdle in manned space travel outside a 1000miles radius of earth. thanks fa ya time

Why start another thread on this is be explained on dozens of other threads did you not search!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Oh man oh man....you actually think the US and Russia were adversaries in the space race? Oh man.... lol Do some research here okay. They weren't advisories. They were working together on it. The russians built one of the robots that went to the moon. The Americans very likely might have worked in a joint effort with them using that robot as some of the staging in the hoax. Such as the radio signals etc.

I'm going to guess you did not grow up during the cold war, the US and USSR did everything but 'working together' during that era (it was the space race and NOT some modern feel-good help each other out kind of thing).

With all the mountains of evidence we went to the moon it seems like you need some really good evidence to prove that we did not.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elton

I'm going to guess you did not grow up during the cold war, the US and USSR did everything but 'working together' during that era (it was the space race and NOT some modern feel-good help each other out kind of thing).

With all the mountains of evidence we went to the moon it seems like you need some really good evidence to prove that we did not.

Ya I was born in the 70's so I remember the cold war. Look everything in North american MSM told us they hated us, they were conspiring to kill us all. Then in Russia the very same thing. There people were told by there MSM that we hated them and that we were gonna kill them. It was TOTALLY FAKE! We didn't wake up every morning dreaming of killing them, nor did they of us. Just Gov propaganda.

Look they clearly worked together.... They used MSM to make it look like we were such rivals to propagate cold war fear. meanwhile behind the scenes they worked together on so many space projects including the faking of russian missions as well as the moon missions.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Why NASA don't send a rover to the Moon?

Why is too difficult for them to send a rover to the Moon and send pictures of the landing sites and also send pictures of the moon almost every day?

Maybe there is something on the moon that don't want to show us.

There are so many strange things on the moon.

Sending a rover to the moon will take between 1 day and 3 days depending the propulsion system you use. Why NASA is not interested in sending any rover to the moon?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Anyhow, here's a nice shot of him in the studio, complete with Photoshop flag and NO SHADOW.

They had photoshop back then!!?? 0_o

vvv

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Ya I was born in the 70's so I remember the cold war. Look everything in North american MSM told us they hated us, they were conspiring to kill us all. Then in Russia the very same thing. There people were told by there MSM that we hated them and that we were gonna kill them. It was TOTALLY FAKE! We didn't wake up every morning dreaming of killing them, nor did they of us. Just Gov propaganda.

Look they clearly worked together.... They used MSM to make it look like we were such rivals to propagate cold war fear. meanwhile behind the scenes they worked together on so many space projects including the faking of russian missions as well as the moon missions.

I meant the 1961 to 1972 Apollo program, but I concede that we did joint stuff in space with the USSR during that time.

I just don't see them covering for us to fake beating them in the space race (Russia was one of the tracking stations I believe so they would have to be complicit [I don't believe they would be fooled by a signal bounced off the moon]). However the times we grew up in we were indoctrinated to be suspicious at the very least of the USSR so I admit I could be a bit biased when I think of that era and the new spirit of Glasnost (OK that was the 80s but you get the idea).

I have watched videos that explain why we could not make it to the moon, but I have not seen or read anything that convinced me (I meant we have laser reflectors on the moon and others have photographed our landing sites). I think it would have been more difficult back then to program drones/robots to land the stuff on the moon, set up laser reflectors, etc...

I believe that we went to the moon and a lot of cool inventions were spun off of the NASA programs.

I guess I give us (humans) a lot of credit to be resourceful and to overcome huge obstacles to reach a shared goal (but only for really great stuff when the attention of a nation [at the very least] is completely focused on the task).
edit on 27-8-2012 by Elton because: clarity

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

There are numerous threads about the whole moon landing thing.. I don't buy into any of the hoax theories, especially considering the site of the moon landing has been imaged by russia and china.. they would have nothing to gain by propagating hoax for the united states

The hoax theories tend to ignore those basic facts...

Lets say it's not a doctored image. Lets say it is "a site". They also sent robots to the moon prior to they're claim of sending astronauts. So how do you know for certain that it wasn't the site of a robot landing?

The moon landing is a hoax wake up.

You're suggesting that Russia and China doctored their satellite imaging since they ( as well as the US of course ) have all imaged the sites .. That makes no sense whatsoever given the fact that Russia was our direct adversary in the space race.. they monitored these missions closely.. Russia, and indeed the world.. watched the astronauts get into the launch vehicle and blast off.. the world also saw them splash back down... Russia also had satellites orbiting earth .. they would absolutely have seen the rocket's trajectory and been able to track it ..

The hoax stuff is just silly... for many reasons.. but the simplest being what I keep going back to ... Russia and China would have NO reason to perpetuate the moon landing hoax.. in fact they'd have every reason to expose it because if that were true and it didn't happen.. it would be a huge embarrassment... you can bet your bottom dollar they would jump at the chance to expose it..

"Wake up" indeed... apply a little common sense ( even politically ) and you see that it happened.. no hoax

I said "lets say they didn't". Now address the rest of my original post about the robot landing please.

The russians faked stuff too. They likely faked they're first manned mission or one of there first ones. The US knew about that. So why didn't they reveal it? Then USSR new about the faked moon landing, they didn't reveal that. They didn't reveal why they decided not to attempt a luner mission. They didn't discredit the US's mission.

So why not???

the reason is there was a gentlmens agreement, as they were sharing rocket technology. They had scientists colaborating and talking about all the science behind it. They shared luner materials brought back by the robots. They agreed any trickery was not to be revealed by the other party. Which is why nothing was revealed by either party about the faked shows each put on.

As far as what you said about them exposing it? Why do you think they'd reveal that to the world? That makes no sense. They work together to a large degree, the clear ideas, concepts, movies, science projects etc etc. Perfect example. There's a movie coming out Red Dawn. It shows Korea as the invader of the US. It was gonna be China. China talked to the US and said, "no we don't want to be the bad guy" and they changed it. If they were that adversarial they'd be like "screw you".

There's always diplomacy between nations. They're not shooting from the hip okay.

One of the cardinal rules between nations is like this:

1) no killing each others leaders. If they die by assisination it's from within.

2) no revealing each others top secrets.

And constant diplomacy on minor issues. Remember the UN? The world is becoming all one government. They've been working together on a lot of stuff for years. All this stuff we see at our level like for example the cold war and others is just a propaganda piece to keep people in fear. But the G20 work together. They're not advisories. They haven't been for ages.

Good to see some sense here for a change.

Not as robotic in your response as your screen-name would suggest, eh r2d2?

www.cluesforum.info...

The truth and international extents of the space age con will out someday.
Here's hoping for sooner rather than later.
edit on 27-8-2012 by OutonaLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lke123
Maybe there is something on the moon that don't want to show us.

Now that is a theory I can get behind

But I wonder what it would be, structures, valuable minerals, aliens, nazi moon bases, algae??!?!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Because your telescopes aren't designed for that.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

I'm wondering the same thing. Have you all seen the resolution of the Mars photo we're getting back recently? Amazing. If we can send photos of that resolution from a rover on Mars, surely we can see many many times more detail of the moon's surface from earth or from satellites than the photos the public has been shown. Instead we get these crappy photos of "tracks" from the lunar rovers. Seriously? We should be able to count the stars on those flags with the technology we now have.

I can see detail on the back of my hand using my own eyes better than the photos from Mars. Does this mean I can see the flag on the moon? Logically, according to your comparison, I should!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If something is twice as far away we need to "enlarge" it by a factor of 2 to see the same detail. We do this with a telescope by having a larger lens. The larger the lens the greater the magnification. A lens on Mars only has to be centimetres in diameter to see things metres away "very clealry". The moon on the other hand is 300,000,000 metres away and we need a telescope about 60metres across for the same resolution. In fact that 60 metre diameter telescope will result in pictures comparable to the fuzziest Mars pictures ! You will probably need a telescope about a mile across to achieve the same resolution as a pebbel on Mars.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join