It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did nasa really send astronauts to the moon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
After 43 years of the first landing, NASA has not send any rover to explore the moon?

I bet that an iphone 4S has more proccesing power than the computers from Apolo 11, even with all the technology we have in 2012 there is no rover on the moon?

Or could it be that there is a rover on the moon, but NASA don' want to tell us about this because there are top secret things on the moon?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lke123

A basic mp3 player has more. Here are the specs for the computer on Apollo 11.

Oh and addressing the OP. Of course they did.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Why russia after 43 years could not send any man to the moon?

Is it too difficult for them?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by krs678

I believe they landed on the moon, why would they go through all the trouble to fake something like that. They brought rocks back from the moon, that is proof enough.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lke123
Why NASA don't send a rover to the Moon?

Why is too difficult for them to send a rover to the Moon and send pictures of the landing sites and also send pictures of the moon almost every day?

Maybe there is something on the moon that don't want to show us.

There are so many strange things on the moon.

Sending a rover to the moon will take between 1 day and 3 days depending the propulsion system you use. Why NASA is not interested in sending any rover to the moon?

They have much better things to do than prove to wackjobs that man actually went to the moon

So......

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Why russia after 43 years could not send any man to the moon?

Is it too difficult for them?

It has already been done, why would they want to.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by lke123

The moon was primarily a cold war political objective. The space race was allegorical - a show of power and might. Once we landed there and reported back "Yup, it's just a giant rock..." we'd won that race and left no reason for them to try. Going second wouldn't accomplish anything politically and what's the point of being an also ran just to spend billions to land on a rock?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

After 43 years of the first landing, NASA has not send any rover to explore the moon?

I bet that an iphone 4S has more proccesing power than the computers from Apolo 11, even with all the technology we have in 2012 there is no rover on the moon?

Or could it be that there is a rover on the moon, but NASA don' want to tell us about this because there are top secret things on the moon?

That's why people like you were not in charge do you think the craft needed lots of computer power NO calcs done here on earth and sent when required. USE SOME LOGIC !!!

Moon is almost completely mapped in hi res look here

target.lroc.asu.edu...
edit on 27-8-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I came to the conclusion quite a while ago that we did go to the moon. I was initially interested in the conspiracy theory, until I dug into the science and facts behind it all and realized the conspiracy theory was made on little more than bad science, speculation, and more bad science. Compare that to the solid evidence and layout and the thinking man will eventually realize yes, we went.

Now, I am open to speculation as to why we didn't go back. Common sense would say it is the lack of interest/financial loss..however, the money was already budgeted for it, so common sense doesn't necessarily apply when discussing government agencies (and I secretly like to remain curious about alternative theories about the reasoning anyhow...the aliens said leave
)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JT92252

to mine the resources there and explore further its composition maybe?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yes. I've seen the moon landing sight from a telescope. Find the coordinates and see for your self.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yes NASA sent astronauts to the moon. Did they send MEN to the moon thats another question.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

As a professional Cartographer working for what is now called the 'National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)', I was personally involved with using stereo satellite imagery to produce the lunar landing site maps on all the Apollo lunar landing missions for NASA; I know we went there. Some people will see a conspiracy regardless of all the evidence, such as satellite imagery from other nations as posted by Miniatus (thanks for posting the link for others to see the 3rd party satellite imagery verifying the landing sites).

I'm not going to argue with conspiracy theorist who refuse to see the evidence. It is somewhat like trying to convince people that the Earth was not flat once it had been circumvented by early sailors.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JT92252
reply to post by krs678

I believe they landed on the moon, why would they go through all the trouble to fake something like that. They brought rocks back from the moon, that is proof enough.

The Russians brought back rocks, and they never landed men on the moon.
Convincing people the lunar landings were faked is akin to changing a persons religious belief.
But, the science just does not hold up for the events to have happened as they have been presented. Wow, that really is just like religion...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yes NASA did send astronauts to the Moon. They passed through the Van Allen radiation belts, which will kill a human in no more than 3 months after exposure. These men sarificed themselves for science and we don't even know their names. The rest of the so called "astronauts", never left Earth. It is impossible to go to the Moon without crossing the deadly Van Allen radiation belts. It was a suicide mission.
There is some authentic Moon landing video footage but it was taken by those who died shortly after returning to Earth. There is an excellent documentary, by Jay Wiedner, that shows the techniques used by Stanley Kubrick, to fake video footage of men on the Moon. Obviously there had to be something palatable for the public and Kubrick, the greatest movie maker of all time, was the only one up to the task.
I was watching an interview of a NASA Moon landing team member and he was being very frank, when the interviewer blurted out "You guys sure lied about a lot of things" to which the interviewee responded "That's not true, we lied about everything".
I wish I knew who those brave men were who gave their lives for science, so they could be the rightfully honoured.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Can you please show us these great photos that China and Russia took.You keep mentioning them in your posts but never offer them up for viewing. Why? Because I've seen them and they show jack **** . They prove nothing.
Nasa has the ability to see into the deepest regions of the universe , but we can't get a clear close up high res photo of footprints or the lander. Come on give me a break.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by krs678

Yes they did... Moon Mirrors

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
THEY WENT TO THE MOON PEOPLE!!!

The question people should be asking is why we have not returned, the tech is ready, has been since the millenium, so where's the inclination gone??? I thought there was as almost infinite supply of Helium-3(Tralphium) up there, dont we need this like now?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by krs678

yes indeed talking about the film "Iron Skies" with a "Nazi base" on the moon, it was made decades after one of the probes of project Cassiopeia take these pictures. Search first, and then opine more wisely, or do not waste your time watching this video.
In this video, with new details in better resolution you can see a small part of everything that is actually being omitted about the Moon. August, 2012

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
i'm not saying the USofA nasa went or didn't go to the moon...but...i was at the smithsonian and the astronauts suits are there.
they do contain gold in the visors - which is a soft reflective metal, which will bounce microwaves off.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join