It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Crap - Isaac is Heading Towards the Growing Sinkhole in LA. Prophet Edgar Cayce - Prophet Isaac

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
I don't know much about the sinkhole in Louisiana, if that's what LA stands for.

Is this it?
Not that I find this site reliable

Sinkhole

Watch the vid above your post - will explain all

* Ned

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Interesting but unfortunately I have not been following any news of any sinkholes, so cant comment much as I dont watch the news all that much. But your theory does have some viability, as the pressure does get to things over time and something like a hurricane only just ads to that.

Anyways the oil that is in the ground is there for a reason, and when they take it out of the ground and leave huge empty caverns. What are they now surprised that there are sinkholes over the area.
If they take it out then I think they are supposed to fill it with something else so as to not cause any unwanted problems. But you know, profit means cutting margins wherever and whenever you can.
And since we like oil so much were basically constantly pumping it out of the ground, and you can bet your bottom dollar that for every action there will be a reaction, ie sinkholes and etc etc.

I do not know but I think they are pumping Non- Newtonian fluids in those holes to replace the oil, or at least there supposed to or they should. But hey I am sure people will see in time, and a thing like a hurricane could be the straw that broke the camels back. Suppose we will see, doubt that it will be all that televised though if anything big does happen.

I wouldn't worry to much you got the geologists from big oil to tell you what is going on.

Ya here is the stuff they put or are supposed to pump in there to replace the oil I think.
Non-Newtonian_fluid

Cool vid of this guy running on it.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Thanks. The videos was very helpful

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Just a little bit more about this sink hole...A MUST WATCH!!!!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-8-2012 by MeInFlorida because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
Anyways the oil that is in the ground is there for a reason, and when they take it out of the ground and leave huge empty caverns. What are they now surprised that there are sinkholes over the area.
If they take it out then I think they are supposed to fill it with something else so as to not cause any unwanted problems. But you know, profit means cutting margins wherever and whenever you can.
And since we like oil so much were basically constantly pumping it out of the ground, and you can bet your bottom dollar that for every action there will be a reaction, ie sinkholes and etc etc.

EXACTLY.

I do not know but I think they are pumping Non- Newtonian fluids in those holes to replace the oil, or at least there supposed to or they should.

Ideally...in my opinion...they shouldn't be removing the oil in such huge quantities in the first place...but that's another topic altogether...probably a rant, actually.

Produced water is pumped into many wells and holes during the drilling for, and extraction of, petroleum products (crude oil and natural gas). I have no idea if it qualifies as non-Newtonian, though...that's a bit over my head and the produced water no doubt differs from well to well depending on geology and other variable circumstances.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

It's not just oil but gas extraction all over this region that is a problem, especially when they use fracking techniques as a means to get to the gas.

In Oz we are dealing with all this fracking controversy at the moment. There are many ongoing protests at present and it's a real political hot potato. It's stupid, dangerous and unnessecary. In the US this crazy stuff has been going on for well over 10 years now.

We will reap what we sow.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Well, if you are *out there* you are not alone.
I'm there with ya.

Even though incredibly sad, what an awesome experience!
You love your Mother and She knows it.

In 2010, when the oil was gushing into the gulf for those few months (seemed like forever!) I literally and truly got physically ill and I also had some minor issues with blood circulation.

I can't believe how easy it is for the world to forget just how worried (some of us) we were about poisoning our food chain and water system...just because it isn't in our face anymore doesn't mean there is no poison.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Well, if you are *out there* you are not alone.
I'm there with ya.

Even though incredibly sad, what an awesome experience!
You love your Mother and She knows it.

In 2010, when the oil was gushing into the gulf for those few months (seemed like forever!) I literally and truly got physically ill and I also had some minor issues with blood circulation.

I can't believe how easy it is for the world to forget just how worried (some of us) we were about poisoning our food chain and water system...just because it isn't in our face anymore doesn't mean there is no poison.

Thanks for your kind words - I have put the kettle on

I feel the same way about Tasmania here in Oz. It's absolutely appalling how the logging industry has been allowed to rape this beautiful island with some of the world's oldest forests.

Peace to You

* Ned

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeInFlorida
Just a little bit more about this sink hole...

www.youtube.com...

Oh I see now what the whole sinkhole thing is about, or at least what sinkholes some of you are talking about. :

Um ya, 1.5 million barrels of liquid butane cant be all that good for the local environment and people, much less if it goes boom. Never even knew there were sinkholes down in Louisiana or about the salt dome caverns there were they stored all that stuff....Interesting.
edit on 26-8-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

One of the other newer vids mention that it wasn't actually 1.5 million barrels, that it was 1.5 million TONS
And still no one knows how many more are around this one, since salt deposits like this are usually in clusters. SCARY STUFF...IMO!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by cloaked4u

Ummmm I hate to busrt your geographic bubble but the Saint Lawrence Seaway takes most of the water from the great lakes across the top of New York state and empties into the Atlantic. The great Niagra Falls is part of the St Lawrence seaway and that water feeds directly the lakes. www.greatlakes-seaway.com...

Yeah, and some water, yes some water empties into tributaries and goes into the mississippi. thank you.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LightsideAssassin

These are my concerns as well. Follow several meteorologists on Twitter and such as I am almost on the FL / AL line in "Hurricane Alley". There are MANY saying that something about this storm concerns them more than others in the past. There is even one going out on a limb and saying if it stalls, we could see a 4+.

I am not freaking out or fear-mongering - at least not yet. Just repeating what one is saying and most are projecting at least a strong 2 or mild 3. The Gulf is HOT right now.

But again, I am staying cautious - prepared for the worst - hoping for the best. Staying put for now which means staying put. In 2005, I had MANY friends stuck DURING the hurricanes on I-10 trying to evacuate from Erin and Opal. I'd rather hunker down here thank you very much. I am inland enough that I should be fine - unless it is a 4 or 5. By the time we know that for sure, however, too late to get out at that point. So basically I am here. Will probably start a thread to document it as it comes in if it truly does make us the bullseye...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker
reply to post by MrWendal

Check here. It shows not only the cone but the computer models.

www.wunderground.com...

Most of the models take it closer to new orleans than the cone. The weather channel was saying that they expected the models to be closer by now but they aren't.

And....let's not forget that Katrina didn't even make landfall in New Orleans. It made landfall in Pass Christian, Mississippi.

New Orleans is like a bowl, below sea level actually, so a storm with a lot of rain, even if not a direct hit could still be devastating.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Update! Sure looks like it's heading for Louisiana now!

theadvocate.com...

The hurricane watch is changed to a hurricane warning for the northern Gulf of Mexico from east of Morgan City to Destin, Fla., including metropolitan New Orleans, Lake Pontchartrain and Lake Maurepas, according to the National Hurricane Center.

Following a meeting of the Unified Command Group at the Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, Jindal on Sunday afternoon urged Louisianians to prepare for Isaac and encouraged voluntary evacuations for people in parishes in the hurricane watch zone that are in low lying areas, areas South of the Intracoastal Waterway and areas outside of levee protection, according to a news release from the Governor’s Office.

Uh oh!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sulie
Update! Sure looks like it's heading for Louisiana now!

theadvocate.com...

The hurricane watch is changed to a hurricane warning for the northern Gulf of Mexico from east of Morgan City to Destin, Fla., including metropolitan New Orleans, Lake Pontchartrain and Lake Maurepas, according to the National Hurricane Center.

Following a meeting of the Unified Command Group at the Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, Jindal on Sunday afternoon urged Louisianians to prepare for Isaac and encouraged voluntary evacuations for people in parishes in the hurricane watch zone that are in low lying areas, areas South of the Intracoastal Waterway and areas outside of levee protection, according to a news release from the Governor’s Office.

Uh oh!

Yes, most of the tracking models I've looked at over the last hour look something like this, heading pretty much straight at New Orleans, hitting land exactly 7 years after Katrina !! :-

The next 24 hours will be critical. If it slows down then things will get a lot worse for those in the firing line as it's intensity will build.

Make preparations now if you live in the gulf states, Don't wait or put it off.

Peace Out - Much Love

* Ned

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker

The cone is just a "model".

Well not exactly. Maybe I am nitpicking, but what you linked is what is known as Tracking Map. The cone actually represents the overall area of effect. The "models" are completely separate from what you linked.

You asked for something showing it could turn to NOLA and I posted that.

What I asked for was anything showing that the storm HAD turned to New Orleans. In theory a storm can turn anywhere. They are somewhat unpredictable, though science is getting much much better with Storm tracking over the last 5 years.

Your chart shows the same thing from the same site. The only difference between the two charts is the one I posted also shows the cone.

The difference between the two charts is that one is a tracking map and the other is the various computer models. As I attempted to explain above, they are two completely separate things, but I understand what your saying.

As to the sinkhole, I don't think even a severe thunderstorm would do much but add a little water. Whatever is causing it is already there and doing its thing.

Well the issue with the sinkhole as I understand it, is that toxic materials are buried in caves close to that area.

All that being said, I have always said I do not mind being wrong and that I will happily admit when I am..... and I was wrong.

The latest readings are in and as of 2 hours ago, the new target is New Orleans. However, this storm could still travel farther west over the next 24 hours, so people on the Gulf Coast should keep an eye on it. Strengthening is expect, but still projected to make landfall as a Cat 2. There is some good news to this.... if the projected path is close at all and this storm makes a Northern turn into the US, it will bring some MUCH needed raid to portions of the Mid West.

You never really know what the storms are going to do until about 48 hours out so I just like to look at all the possiblities.
edit on 8/26/2012 by TXTriker because: clarification

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Ummm.. Remember that first post I made way back at the start of this thread about 'no problem.. 360 miles away...'? What the heck happened? Every model...every one of them I saw earlier showed a hugging line up the Florida coast and into Georgia. What a shift.... Now the thing looks to be going dead center, right over the top of that sinkhole. Of all the places and all the odds that a Hurricane would cross right there at this moment in time.

Off Drudge, one is what you have, the other shows 50/50 toward the LA/TX border area, so splitting the difference is dead center, bulls-eye over the sinkhole. Mr Murphy is definitely laughing hysterically out there somewhere.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Ok, so....did i miss something??? Did the hurricane move from it's "projected path"? I asked earlier, if perhaps the earthquakes in Cali had anything to do with this hurricane. Pretty strange that 2 coasts are being hit, at the same time. Don't you think???

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Ummm.. Remember that first post I made way back at the start of this thread about 'no problem.. 360 miles away...'? What the heck happened? Every model...every one of them I saw earlier showed a hugging line up the Florida coast and into Georgia. What a shift.... Now the thing looks to be going dead center, right over the top of that sinkhole. Of all the places and all the odds that a Hurricane would cross right there at this moment in time.

Off Drudge, one is what you have, the other shows 50/50 toward the LA/TX border area, so splitting the difference is dead center, bulls-eye over the sinkhole. Mr Murphy is definitely laughing hysterically out there somewhere.

It's cool wrabbit - don't sweat it.

It's still early days, but it's not looking good at this point. If I was living on the coastline or anywhere near the new madrid faultline, I'd be hauling ass pronto.

* Ned

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join